NBA Finals: Bucks vs. Suns Discussion Thread

Why?

I've seen NBA finals start 48 hours after a series has wrapped up.

It's go time. Teams are ready.

Should be a fun series!
Ridiculous because they couldn't just establish a start date

I don't care if it's Tue or Thur, stupid a professional org adjusts this based on results

Fwiw I'm 100% happy it starts Tue, just idiotic for marketing

Giannis torched the Suns in both meetings but bucks lost 2 close games. If he isn’t 100% don’t see how bucks beat this suns team bc they can’t defend them and it takes away their one big advantage

Giannis torched the Suns in both meetings but bucks lost 2 close games. If he isn’t 100% don’t see how bucks beat this suns team bc they can’t defend them and it takes away their one big advantage

Bucks dominated both of those games for a good amount of time. Think they led by over 20 in the last one, too. Just collapsed. Not necessarily a good or bad read.

Last edited:
Bucks dominated both of those games for a good amount of time. Think they led by over 20 in the last one, too. Just collapsed. Not necessarily a good or bad read.
Take a peek back at those games.

Bucks never were up 20 I don't believe.

There was a 12 pt HT lead and then PHX dominated 2h..

Other game had some 6-10 pt leads.

I wouldn't call either game a collapse at all.

I dont
Take a peek back at those games.

Bucks never were up 20 I don't believe.

There was a 12 pt HT lead and then PHX dominated 2h..

Other game had some 6-10 pt leads.

I wouldn't call either game a collapse at all.

I don’t know why I remember that second meeting being a “collapse”. I was casually watching while playing Xbox with my kiddo. I remember thinking the line screamed Suns win, it was 3 or less I think, and then seeing Bucks up late surprised me, only to be surprised to see them lose.

misinformation is bad and better off suited for the in game forum, ha

Curious where this group thinks Booker ranks within the league's best players. He just seems phenomenal to me.
Randomly gonna list some players off and fit him in...

KD
Giannis
Harden
James
Lillard
Davis
Luka
Joker
Embiid
Young
Tatum
Irving
Kawhi
George
Curry
Beal
Zion
Mitchell

That's 18 guys...

I'd slot Book in currently at around #11

Can't tell you how refreshing it is to see a team go 25/26 from the stripe. When Gia, Simmons and a host of others just pray when they are the line. When your livelihood is based upon putting a small ball in a big cylinder, and you can't do it unencumbered from 15 feet away, then I hope and want you to be fouled, and fouled, and fouled more. Until you think it's important enough to spend your off-season practicing until you can complete that act 75% of the time or more.

Can't tell you how refreshing it is to see a team go 25/26 from the stripe. When Gia, Simmons and a host of others just pray when they are the line. When your livelihood is based upon putting a small ball in a big cylinder, and you can't do it unencumbered from 15 feet away, then I hope and want you to be fouled, and fouled, and fouled more. Until you think it's important enough to spend your off-season practicing until you can complete that act 75% of the time or more.
Crazy that the miss was the final attempt too.

Down to 4.5 in several places, kinda figured that would happen sooner

No rush but won't be on a side tonight anyway, like the total much more

Thoughts...

Bucks have shown all playoffs that GM1 three point scooting was an anamoly.

I'd imagine the FT disparity will shrink a bit.

Zarba and Bucks, eh.

I think JNice will score a bit more tonight. His spurts were 1st and 4th the other night. The knee looked good even with the late CP chotch play that tested it.

Jrue is such a liability on offense but you cannot sit him.

JNice at center was the Bucks best lineup.

Interesting matchup tonight will be when the Suns put Torrey on Giannis on D

I have no idea what to expect there

Mucks don't give up the fastbreak, they did in Game 1.

Mucks are the #1 team in the league at not giving up fouls, they gave them up in Game 1.

They also turned down a lot of good looks offensively in Game 1 and took the harder route.

Book and Cliff are premier floppers. Two of the best at that craft.

Middleton went to the line zero times.

Plenty of room for adjustment.

Mucks 5-1 SU off a loss this postseason.

Road teams off a loss this postseason on a 6-0 ATS streak right now.

Hated the opening line though.

Devin Booker
scored nine of his team-high 31 points in the final frame, hitting a trio of timely triples to stave off the Bucks' comeback attempt. The Suns had a historic night as a team from beyond the arc in the 118-108 win.

"Those are the moments that he lives for," Phoenix coach Monty Williams said of Booker. "Doesn't run from it. ... He just steps up and makes big plays."

"Every time Book hit a 3 or did something, you could just tell it just melted them down," Suns guard Mikal Bridges, who scored 27, said of Milwaukee. "[They were thinking] like, 'Dang, we was right there.'"

Suns have "it"...

This Bucks team as constructed with that coach, do not.

Janice has a lot of heart. He really has jumped in my book this week.

Really shocked how small jrue has been w this team, especially defensively. They need a new coach and more shooting around Giannis and some of those guys gotta be able to guard a paper bag. I will say losing Dante does hurt them a good amount

Suns have great chemistry. Dudes know their role.

That being said, a series don't start until a team wins on the road.

The energy in the desert has been insane, great atmosphere but it took a historic night from the 3-point line for the Suns to achieve a 10 point win.

The Mucks #2 and #3 guys did nothing, yet Milwaukee was still in the position to steal this game in a hostile environment.

Not gonna anoint Phoenix as champions just yet. Good team, well coached team with good chemistry. Not a great team by any means.

The Mucks can still win this series, will be hard but if they can square it up in Wisconsin and take some mojo back to the desert they are more than a chance.

Really shocked how small jrue has been w this team, especially defensively. They need a new coach and more shooting around Giannis and some of those guys gotta be able to guard a paper bag. I will say losing Dante does hurt them a good amount

Dante out is big. Good defender and a solid option from the perimeter. They miss him for sure.

Suns playing to the best of their abilities and everything Em writes is true.

Mucks, stink, no chemistry and shooting epic bad and still competing in these games.

I actually believe the mucks win this series. Giannis by far is the most dominant player on the floor, even at well less than 100%, and if Middleton and jrue are even just a little better than average I think they outgun them

Back