Obviously a lot more going on...

Just posting some interesting ones.

Wtf is Weaver doing?

Monte Morris and Joe Harris????
Detroit was supposedly going after Cam.

Instead they help Brooklyn resign him..

Interesting night.

Lots of wtf going on between Detroit, Dallas and Houston tonight

Rumor is the Mavs wanted to keep Kyrie from going to Houston. Why?

I guess Detroit wasn't going to go high enough to keep Nets from matching...

I believe Detroit will now have 50 million next summer?

Sounds like patience I guess.

Still, they have 6 guards right now that expect minutes + Sasser.

We'll see if they shop Killian now. Bogey too?

I guess Detroit wasn't going to go high enough to keep Nets from matching...

I believe Detroit will now have 50 million next summer?

Sounds like patience I guess.

Still, they have 6 guards right now that expect minutes + Sasser.

We'll see if they shop Killian now. Bogey too?
Yup gonna have to be a lot of small ball to feed all those mouths

I'm a fan, but it seems he's plateaued.

I get it for houston, get an adult in the room, not force green or amen to be main distributors, dont see them like the scoot/dame thing where scoots game is running the point

It's such a better play then the harden trade would have been

Fvv is a worker, good for young guys to emulate, he probably wont ever win a round in the 3 years, but real chance hes laying foundation for green, amen, Jabari to build on down the line

Always like seeing the 2nd rounders get paid too

I get it for houston, get an adult in the room, not force green or amen to be main distributors, dont see them like the scoot/dame thing where scoots game is running the point

It's such a better play then the harden trade would have been

Fvv is a worker, good for young guys to emulate, he probably wont ever win a round in the 3 years, but real chance hes laying foundation for green, amen, Jabari to build on down the line

Always like seeing the 2nd rounders get paid too
Sooooo much better than a Harden signing...

For a young squad.

Make the Dame trade happen, Morey.

Flip that asshole Jimmy to the Clips, get some pieces and grab Dame.

Love Maxey but would trade him for Dame in a heartbeat, can't fuck around.

Dude the piece the Sixers are missing and they need to win right now, not in 1-2 seasons.

Has to be done before Embiid's body falls apart, which is gonna happen relatively soon.

This is going to be interesting. Wonder how the championship game teams will be compensated for their participation, since it won't count as a regular season game.

This will also mess with the league schedule, since the quarterfinal and semifinal matchups will count. Would assume each team will have an 82 game schedule set and then depending on who makes the tournament those matchups will be eliminated later in the season.

This is also going to screw with fantasy leagues a bit, as new games get scheduled and later games get taken off the schedule.

One of the big pains from playing fantasy b-ball in the pandemic years was games being rescheduled. Now we'll get a taste of that every year, oh joy.

I think I like this. Will take some getting used to but sounds like Champions League somewhat

This is going to be interesting. Wonder how the championship game teams will be compensated for their participation, since it won't count as a regular season game.

This will also mess with the league schedule, since the quarterfinal and semifinal matchups will count. Would assume each team will have an 82 game schedule set and then depending on who makes the tournament those matchups will be eliminated later in the season.

This is also going to screw with fantasy leagues a bit, as new games get scheduled and later games get taken off the schedule.

I understand the premise and wanting to model the Champions League but this seems idiotic for one league to do this.

Especially given it’s a struggle to get these dudes to play game to begin with (load management BS), I don’t understand the logic. They expect guys to want to play in this, in the middle of the season, when they take multiple nights off for actual games that count? Even if it’s just the final few games that don’t count, it just doesn’t seem like a good idea but I guess we will see.

I understand the premise and wanting to model the Champions League but this seems idiotic for one league to do this.

Especially given it’s a struggle to get these dudes to play game to begin with (load management BS), I don’t understand the logic. They expect guys to want to play in this, in the middle of the season, when they take multiple nights off for actual games that count? Even if it’s just the final few games that don’t count, it just doesn’t seem like a good idea but I guess we will see.
Agree with this.

I'll be happy to be wrong.

Feels like rest games won't take a backseat for this. Shall see.

500k helps, no doubt, but is that enough to motivate these guys as a whole?

Agree with this.

I'll be happy to be wrong.

Feels like rest games won't take a backseat for this. Shall see.

500k helps, no doubt, but is that enough to motivate these guys as a whole?
With you on hoping but I dont see it

Champions league works because it's the best on best across european leagues

Manchester united and barcelona is a big deal, so is Juventus vs bayern Munich etc. Becsuse they dont meet every year, they may not meet for 10 years or more. Even a game like Lakers/Knicks which always gets a lot of attention, happens every year. Charlotte vs chicago is not moving the needle

Cant even compare it to the FA cup because that includes every team in the football association, I believe this year was over 700. In france they have over 8000.

Also these competitions have history of 100+ years in most cases

The 'magic' of the fa cup is a team like man United playing some 3rd division in a 5000 seat stadium. Also another benefit is the teams split the revenue from match day, so when a team like Crawley town draws a premier league team in a game played in their stadium, it covers their finances for like a year

This is like the English league cup, which is just the top 3 divisions but the premier league teams dont enter until 3rd round, and the good teams rotate their starters massively in this

No chance we arent seeing huge load management

They either needed a huge prize

Something to give an advantage in playoffs, which would be horrible but could see silver doing

Or buy in from the top guys they will treat it like the playoffs

It’s no surprise that someone on here, who doesn’t need to be called out by name, said they like the idea. It’s an absolutely horrible fucking idea, that only those who didn’t leave their house for years because they were afraid would possibly even entertain being a good idea.

If we go against those people on any and every topic, we would all bat 1.000. It is utterly amazing if you take two minutes to actually think about it and look into it.

They either needed a huge prize

Something to give an advantage in playoffs, which would be horrible but could see silver doing

Or buy in from the top guys they will treat it like the playoffs

The entire idea is fucking retarded. The more I think about it, and look into how the CL, FA Cup, etc are run, the more insanely fucking idiotic it looks. What an absolute disaster that will easily be exposed as just that.

These all count as regular season games except the final as I read it. If so what's the harm? I don't see it being any different than any other regular season game other than more on the line in the way of the tournament.

These all count as regular season games except the final as I read it. If so what's the harm? I don't see it being any different than any other regular season game other than more on the line in the way of the tournament.

Because “more on the line” is a made up thing. Does anyone think “load management” won’t still happen in these games? As pointed out, it’s no different than any other regular season game so why would teams/players treat them any differently? For some made up “title” and 500k? The vast majority of the dudes who use “load management” are making that much in 1-3 games already, just for playing (or even sitting out for that matter).

Silver tries too hard, period.

Shit was always gonna get funky when the commish started tap dancing for the 'books'.

Things were better when the 'gambling influence' remained in the shadows, pre-2019.

A mid season tourney doesn't make the regular season better it just diminishes the 'ship at the end of the season.

The 500k prize will only motivate LeCheap and the journey-man squads, no one else will give two fucks.

Why have we just stalled on the Harden signing?

I understand the Lillard trade will take a bit but generally most of the FAs are done by now.

M Jackson out at ESPN, too. Promoting Doris Burke and will add Doc Rivers with Mike Breen. What a pathetic 2 to compliment Breen who has to be deflated. I don’t despise Burke as much as most, I’m perfectly content to listen to her on a random Wednesday night game in the middle of the season but she’s 19 steps from prime time. Espn better get sold quick because it’s Disney woke bs right now and super unwatchable.

Back