NBA Discussion Thread for Monday 12/11

What do you guys think of Dallas vs Jazz Over 195?

Dallas on the roas is avg 97pts and Jazz is avg 100 at thome.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Killa- What is the line on that Phoenix game?</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">The Jazz are a home dog at +1 against the Mav's.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

Killa said:
Is Phoenix really a dog?

If they are its cause of the 4th in 5 situation. Early on this season I noticed books were really adjusting heavily for this spot ...Also because its so hard to win in ORL there home lines also to be shaded high..

somewhat tempted by the grizzlies ml as well, also think there will be some value on the raptors when that line comes out unless it is -3.5 or lower

You guys are braver than me considering Orlando here.

Phoenix played a scrimmage tonight, fatigue will, IMO, NOT be a factor. More of a factor I think may be the hunger, with Orlando desperate for a win and Phoenix mentally coasting right now. But that might be superceded by the fact that Phoenix has this streak that they wanna extend for as long as possible.

if you guys like jazz, i think you got to hit them soon. i don't think it will get any better than jazz +1, what do you guys think?

barmoycm- u can get that total at 194 at cris right now

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I like the Jazz and the over!</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

Some info on the Jazz game:

Sloan going for win 1000. Jazz have only played once in the last week and the 1000th win is starting to get a bit of a media build-up. This team has a great deal of respect for Sloan, most since the Malone/Stockton day, and I think it'll provide a bit of an extra push tomorrow night.

Big Game. Jazz have been treading water a bit lately going 3-4 losing two games on the back end of B2B and losing at home to Orlando and on the road at Minny. The one thing that stands out to me during this stretch is their performance vs. the Spurs. This team plays well against the top teams in the league beating the Suns twice, Pistons, Rockets and the Spurs. I think they come ready to play tomorrow.

Overall I like the Jazz as a PK or getting a point. I'd be wary of laying anything more than one as they've had plenty of 2 and 3 point victories. They certainly know how to win close games this year and with the extra motivation I think they should get it done tomorrow.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I pulled the trigger on the Jazz. </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

J-

That is quite bold. I can't understand why anybody would wanna fade Dallas or Phoenix right now with inferior teams at a pk or -1 or -2. Dallas is an absolute machine on the road, and I fully believe they consider this a statement game. I wish you luck J, but I think if it goes down you'll kick yourself for trying it. If it wins of course I'll be the first to congratulate you.

Chris Bosh is out tomorrow

O'Neal is questionable for the Pacers, but said he'd play. Word is that he might have a hamstring tear. I'm guessing the Bulls will run seeing just how well O'Neal is feeling. Jackson is also playing after being sent to the locker room during their Cleveland matchup. It'll be interesting to see how he reacts.

Killa said:
J-

That is quite bold. I can't understand why anybody would wanna fade Dallas or Phoenix right now with inferior teams at a pk or -1 or -2. Dallas is an absolute machine on the road, and I fully believe they consider this a statement game. I wish you luck J, but I think if it goes down you'll kick yourself for trying it. If it wins of course I'll be the first to congratulate you.

I think this is a great spot for the jazz myself, orlando has been very shaky lately and phoenix is in full rhythm right now, that one is more iffy IMO, i think the jazz win this one, but just don't want to overlook something before entering a bet on them

Disagree about Dalla's road play. The only game that they've won on the road of any importance was the Spurs game and that was a revenge game after they lost to the Spurs on their home court. They had great rest going to Washington and lost as a four point fav. The only other team that they've played of importance on the road was Phoenix and they caught Phoenix when they were trying to work in Stoudamire, similar to when Utah won at Phoenix.

If Dallas didn't lose two games ago, I could see it as a nice spot for Utah. But I honestly think Dallas wants to make one of their patented statements on the road. Dirk's the best player on that court. Is Stackhouse back? Him being hurt did slip my mind these last few minutes I admit. If he's out, that really hurts Dallas' depth.

what are everybody's thoughts/projections on the celtics/knicks total? wally likely out for celtics and the two headed cancer of a backcourt is likely out for the knicks as well; think floor will open up a lot more w/ shitbury and fransissy
out

With regard to Dallas' road play, I didn't really mean this season as much as I meant the last year or two in general.

Killa said:
If Dallas didn't lose two games ago, I could see it as a nice spot for Utah. But I honestly think Dallas wants to make one of their patented statements on the road. Dirk's the best player on that court. Is Stackhouse back? Him being hurt did slip my mind these last few minutes I admit. If he's out, that really hurts Dallas' depth.

im showing croshere and stackhouse as questionable for tomorrow as of right now

Killa said:
You guys are braver than me considering Orlando here.

Phoenix played a scrimmage tonight, fatigue will, IMO, NOT be a factor. More of a factor I think may be the hunger, with Orlando desperate for a win and Phoenix mentally coasting right now. But that might be superceded by the fact that Phoenix has this streak that they wanna extend for as long as possible.

The fatigue factor is sort of like the sharp factor...a misused word..these guys are an excellent shape...fatigue is almost never a factor IMO...you have to pick spots where teams are flat...yes todays game wasnt much to worry about after half but it was still on the heels of two tough road games...

And my point about lines being shaded actually meant there is MORE value in playing teams in there 4th game in 5 nites cause essentially your getting free points for something that wont generally affect the outcome...boosk know the public thinks so and so is tired and will fade that team so they jack up the line..

I didnt even see the line so I cant see anything....

I do like the Jazz though..... and think the vig just moves till tmrw...

Croshere and Stackhouse are both questionable. I think the Jazz can match the Mavericks depth either way. I like AK guarding Dirk as he can match his length.

Croshere and Stackhouse are both questionable. I think the Jazz can match the Mavericks depth either way. I like AK guarding Dirk as he can match his length.

Does an angry Spurs team handle the Clipps? No way I can play Spurs in that spot, despite being an infamous "Spurs off a loss" spot.

Sorry about the double post. Just trying to up my #'s. There will be some clovers to come.

Jazz game should be a great one. I just think Utah has a bit more motivation than the Mavs do. I disagree with many about this flying over the total though. I think it'll be real close to the #.

Killa said:
Does an angry Spurs team handle the Clipps? No way I can play Spurs in that spot, despite being an infamous "Spurs off a loss" spot.

I like the under moreso than any side in this one...

JPicks said:
I think the Jazz can match the Mavericks depth either way. I like AK guarding Dirk as he can match his length.

agree and agree

I think the Spurs go 0 for LA myself. The clips got ROUTED in SA and now they have the road winless Mouse off their back. I'm sure they saw the Lakers win tonight and feel like they have something to prove themselves. I expect a low scoring game.

Agree with the Under in Staples. In fact I really like that one. Looks about 5 points too high to me.

What about PHI/POR and NO/CLEV?

Anybody got anything they can sell me on in those 2, cuz I see NO value in either game to be honest

xpression syst_m said:
what are everybody's thoughts/projections on the celtics/knicks total? wally likely out for celtics and the two headed cancer of a backcourt is likely out for the knicks as well; think floor will open up a lot more w/ shitbury and fransissy
out

I really havent looked but I think Wallys absence really doesnt change much ..I like seeing Allen and Green getting those minutes...Gerald Green looks like he could be a scorer...pretty smooth IMO..Curry's a beast right now and its only Al Jefferson in the middle who is off a career game...generally speaking Nate can be selfish at times while Marbury has looked to dish....pace should quicken I agree but hopefully its not atthe cost of high percentage shots..

last meeting was so damn high in NY.. then Bos stunk....cant see lower then 203 prob 206 -208

Spurs off a loss but what about fading SA in back end of back to backs??

Probably a spot where the value lies in LAC...

Isn't there some stat where Spurs are like 1-15 ATS vs. WINNING teams on a b2b the last 2 years?

Any thoughts about the O/U in New Orleans. I initially liked the under, but the series has definitely trended over

JPicks said:
Any thoughts about the O/U in New Orleans. I initially liked the under, but the series has definitely trended over

I hate that game. Gun to my head I'd say under tho. Just not a bundle of offensive talent there IMO.

Back