NBA Discussion Thread for Monday 12/11

xpression syst_m said:
I was thinking 205 or 205.5 in new york

If I had to guess an exact number I would have said 206...

and yes SA is awful in B to B's but ask Brewers 7 about the Spurs on the back end vs teams with winning records...my memory is good but not that good...he is the one who posted it....for I believe the Utah game...think its 0-13 , 1-13 , 1-14 ...

BC what are your thoughts about the O/U in Orlando. I see that Orlando had an identical # when they played Denver at home. Seems like the # should be higher, but I'd feel crazy about playing the over in an Orlando game like I'd feel crazy about playing a Suns under.

This is the scenario i want or expect:

dallas gets killed tomorrow, lakers pull the outright upset at houston setting up nice lines for both of the mavs' next two home games on espn vs la on wed and philly on friday

JPicks said:
Any thoughts about the O/U in New Orleans. I initially liked the under, but the series has definitely trended over

i would lean toward the 1H under in this one if i were forced to play it

xpression syst_m said:
raptors +8 sign me up and ill waste more money on the ml in that one too

Ya hopefully they play better without Bosh tomorrow. I think they have the weapons to still be competitive, but it sure didn't show today.

Goin to pass out guys. U west coast fuckers got an unfair advantage on the time thing, lol. talk to u all tomorrow, find me some winners.

At a first glance, I believe Dallas face the right opponent to end their
4-0/10-2 Under streak, and they play on a day thats set up for a new Over run, re: trend thread.

I'll work on it, but that sticks out.

JPicks said:
I'm working on the fly here. :)

I am to lazy to cap 9 games after a full day of sports..just about all my capping is from memory...I double check to cross the t's and dot the i's...you look at something and you know if its off at this point...

BetCrimes1984 said:
4-0/10-2 Under streak, and they play on a day thats set up for a new Over run, re: trend thread.

I really don't like you saying anything about an Over trend. I see a few games that the under looks attractive tomorrow. May have to reconsider some of those.

BetCrimes1984 said:

hope so, grabbed the o194 at cris for 1 unit

My off the cuff two cents before I go to bed....

Port @ Philly...Strangely Philly has played better away w/o AI then at home......I still like the home 76ers in a good spot to get a win versus a road weary Port team...its reality that AI is gone and thats a good thing mentally....just think that there in Tor w/o both best players they were still 7.5 pt dogs...

Suns @ Orl....thinking Magic here...if you look the Magic have actually played Suns well recently and I believe Orl is 3-2 SU past 5 at home in the series with a 2 and 3 pt loss...not sold though ..Turk actually played well last year.....

Mem @ NJN ....amazing some ofthis NJ lines.....have to check the Grizz medical report ...Swift limited , Eddie Jones just returned , Roberts missed a couple... two different teams cause NJ strength is its swing players while Grizz have the size NJ lacks....under 187.5??

Tor @ Miami...Bosh is OUT and this might run up even further after today..an under??

Bos @ NYK....nice Celtic win in NJ ....I think the Knicks are starting to gel...remember marbury missed last 20 minutes and you need to see if that was when NY took control( itw as but how much due to his absence..??).....lean NYK here...think this is the beginning of something for them but line WILL drop IMO.....

Cavs @ NO ...Hornets are just struggling on offense and while most wil jump at this number after the Indy game I would be cautious and look into it further..Remember Cle and Chi very similiar teams strength wise and Bulls got backdoored...Hughes just returning and Gooden hobbles...status..?? could have value in NO with a slightly bigger number..would look at an under but I dont like to jump on totals..

Pacers @ Bulls.....assuming O'Neal is OUT.......Bulls ran into some better competition probably a good spot for a bounce back...have to look into the STephen Jackson situation....

Dallas @ Utah...mavs have no depth right now..Utah is just so tough at home...Mavs were reeling before the Nugs game...by logic is probably gonna lead me to jazz ML..10-1 home team just seems so attractive doesnt it??

SA @ LAC.....like the Clippers....Spurs have played well but as we said not in this spot....Clippers were embarrassed after the SA loss..have to take anything at 3 or better.....

I dont usally do much besides get myself pointed in directions...& I am barely awake...

Clippers for sure I think ..., all home teams besides Grizz & Raps...

and some sleep..BOL all....we have a full day to make something out of these....

Magic chalk = a win IMO. Can't be content with the effort vs. the Sixers... almost a bounce back situation. 4th in 5 will wear on anyone.. esp Nash and Stit Stat

SportsNut said:
My off the cuff two cents before I go to bed....

Port @ Philly...Strangely Philly has played better away w/o AI then at home......I still like the home 76ers in a good spot to get a win versus a road weary Port team...its reality that AI is gone and thats a good thing mentally....just think that there in Tor w/o both best players they were still 7.5 pt dogs...

Suns @ Orl....thinking Magic here...if you look the Magic have actually played Suns well recently and I believe Orl is 3-2 SU past 5 at home in the series with a 2 and 3 pt loss...not sold though ..Turk actually played well last year.....

Mem @ NJN ....amazing some ofthis NJ lines.....have to check the Grizz medical report ...Swift limited , Eddie Jones just returned , Roberts missed a couple... two different teams cause NJ strength is its swing players while Grizz have the size NJ lacks....under 187.5??

Tor @ Miami...Bosh is OUT and this might run up even further after today..an under??

Bos @ NYK....nice Celtic win in NJ ....I think the Knicks are starting to gel...remember marbury missed last 20 minutes and you need to see if that was when NY took control( itw as but how much due to his absence..??).....lean NYK here...think this is the beginning of something for them but line WILL drop IMO.....

Cavs @ NO ...Hornets are just struggling on offense and while most wil jump at this number after the Indy game I would be cautious and look into it further..Remember Cle and Chi very similiar teams strength wise and Bulls got backdoored...Hughes just returning and Gooden hobbles...status..?? could have value in NO with a slightly bigger number..would look at an under but I dont like to jump on totals..

Pacers @ Bulls.....assuming O'Neal is OUT.......Bulls ran into some better competition probably a good spot for a bounce back...have to look into the STephen Jackson situation....

Dallas @ Utah...mavs have no depth right now..Utah is just so tough at home...Mavs were reeling before the Nugs game...by logic is probably gonna lead me to jazz ML..10-1 home team just seems so attractive doesnt it??

SA @ LAC.....like the Clippers....Spurs have played well but as we said not in this spot....Clippers were embarrassed after the SA loss..have to take anything at 3 or better.....

I dont usally do much besides get myself pointed in directions...& I am barely awake...

Clippers for sure I think ..., all home teams besides Grizz & Raps...

and some sleep..BOL all....we have a full day to make something out of these....

good luck nut, my only overnights are on that jazz game, wishful thinking here that we can squeeze another point or 1.5 points in that clippers game. :cheers:

Don't have any #s available/put together yet... just feel like I know my Bulls and have been watching the Pacers w/o JO... Tinsley is taking wayyy too many shots and Bulls after a loss should play some tough defense... they'll try to push it but won't take bad shots in transition...

Bulls one of top home defense teams, i just think the best way for them to destory the pacers tomorrow is to push it, feel it falls in the lower to mid 190s, but nothing too concrete at this hour...

taking off as well for the night, gl to everybody on their plays

A big difference between the Bulls and Cavs is whenever the Bulls plays a Western div team they just don't play well at all. I don't know if its a coaching issure or a mentality entering the game but after the Minnesota loss they are now 1-6-1 ATS against Western division teams and that New Orleans game is the only one they have won SU.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I really like the Clippers as a 3 point dog at home, any thoughts?</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Don't play the NBA too often, but played Jazz +1.. Sloan for 1,000 in front of the home folks versus the Mavs is just too sexy to pass on

Teams have big under history at that park but Clippers D has been off this season and Spurs b-b on the road are 3-0 over. What about Cavs? Hornets not getting anyone back and what about Portland? The Weber poisoned 76ers actually a favorite?

Why to bet so tough matchup in Salt Lake City when we have such card.

I still have to study card but early thought is Sixers -3,5 now .. Anybody watched the game in ORL ? Me not, but there is still plenty of young talent on this team and im sure some of guys are glad that AI is on trade. They showed in last seasons that sometimes missing AI is good for them. After such bad streak and all rumours is about time to play ball and get used to new situation. PHI gets nice oponent for this. Blazers are playing 5th in 7th night and yesterday won so downtrend on da way. Danger is rested Randolph but Sixers have bodies to throw on him. I watched match in TOR and it was ugly commercial on NBA. Raps just gave gift to Blazers. If they want to play in MIA like this then -8 is acceptable. Or MIA 1Q is idea!

All in all, Sixers eager to break streak, players to convince GM and coach, great philly fans and Blazers of win and tired. For what is worth :)

BTW some news of note involving the Knicks:

Jeffries is healed up now and will be making his debut off the bench for the Knicks tonight. And Marbury practiced Sunday and expected to play tonight.

Suns have won 10 in a row if I'm not mistaken (sorry, haven't had time to read over much past the first 10 replies, doing another essay :-\) so I can see them coasting into this game

For me it'd come down to, do I want to bet the better team, and the team that is more on fire...or will this be a situation like Dallas @ Washington the other day where the home team comes out fired up and ends the other teams winning streak

Off the top of my head I'd probably play the Suns, as I figured the line would be more around -3 or -4 in favor of them

Also will be locking in a play on the Hornets +4 soon, as I see 80% of the public on the Cavs early

If I can get a +5 or +5.5 before tip-off I'll be estatic

I'll be making this a ML play as well

Il go for Cleve, LJ will bounce back, Phx is not yet done, Dal will get this one done vs the struggline clips....SAS bounce back mode

hi guys, what's up? long time no see. I was away for a while (exams and stuff) but I'm slowly getting back to the groove now and watching the hoops a lot these days, I'll be joining you with the comments soon. Cheers.

Yes maybe its more of guessing than serious capping so i will skip tonite but still imo Sixers will win it. But it question how fast they can adjust to life wo Allen and on system that runs via Webber and his passing.

TOR is wo Bosh, MIA with Williams and Wade but definitely its not team i can trust in early stages of game so 1Q bet i skip too and -8 hcp for game is another tough story.

Rest of games are just dark night for me now so if no light will come i have 1day off. GL to you guys

Good to see you back Satyr.

Marcus..thanks for update that Jeffries is back...too bad Streph is good to go ;)

Satyr said:
hi guys, what's up? long time no see. I was away for a while (exams and stuff) but I'm slowly getting back to the groove now and watching the hoops a lot these days, I'll be joining you with the comments soon. Cheers.

Was wondering what you have been up to the past few months.

Hit me up on msn later bro.

xpression syst_m said:
This is the scenario i want or expect:

dallas gets killed tomorrow, lakers pull the outright upset at houston setting up nice lines for both of the mavs' next two home games on espn vs la on wed and philly on friday

Just need Lakers to beat houston tomorrow and then hopefully we can get a soft line on the mavs at home against the rapist and the boys from la on primetime on wednesday evening :D

Back