• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

NBA 2008-2009 Tip-off...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Well, cannot believe its already back. Time to dabble in the association once again. Been preparing aquite a bit quietly for the season. Noticed a lot of guys doing great in pre-season play. Well done and hopefully you all continue your success this regular season. It's a tough, long grind and patience is a virtue. Take breaks and don't get down when it gets rough mid-season because it generally does. With that being said, lets get this first play out of the way..

Cleveland +6.5 -110 2 units

Cleveland is my pick right now to come out of the East. They went out and did a huge thing getting Mo Williams. He will absolutely thrive playing with LeBron in Cleveland. James has never had this type of option next to him. We may see an all-star year from Williams in all honesty. He is a very good ballplayer and his career will thrive in Cleveland. The rest of the team is what it is. I wish they had a more creative coash than they do but James is going have that "mega-year". I can feel it. His suppoting cast in the series last year was a rough mix yet he almost won it by himself.

Tonight the Celtics get their rings and a 17th banner up in the rafters. Well done last year. Garnett's will brought it and one of this era's best clutch players that people forgot about(Pierce) was amazing. Typical spot though for a hangover. This is a night of celebration. I see a real tight game that goes to the wire. Too many points here on "this" night. I think LeBron makes an early statement in all honesty. Would lean under as well.

GL.

Questions on anything, leave them.

Btw, cannot wait to watch the LA-Portland game. A lot of interesting stuff to look at there.

dammit. bol this season BAR. think you're right about the cavs overall this year. mo allows lebron to play off the ball, where that added element will allow him to be even more unstoppable than he already is. scary.

dammit. bol this season BAR. think you're right about the cavs overall this year. mo allows lebron to play off the ball, where that added element will allow him to be even more unstoppable than he already is. scary.

Yeah, it could be just a sick year for Mr. James. An absolute steal getting that guy.

If you don't mind me asking BAR, what was your final record from last year?

Regular season

104-93 +approx 37 units

Year before

171-128 +105.65 units

Last year, I upped my units slightly as I won more as opposed to the year before.

Example. If said unit is 100 bucks and I put a nickel on it, thats 5 units. last year, when I increased my unit size I wouldn't post it as a bigger play. Easier to value your season in a whole using the unit system. May not read out well but I gave it a go.

get sexy big dog. Def lean that way, may bite now.

Love the avatar selection. Nicely played. This play does seem almost "squarish" but the first month generally is pretty easy. The fade players and reverse line movement gang don't get going until December.

28th :(

but hey...it's BAW Nation :)

I agree clev will give my Celts all they can handle this year

good health this year BAW...

28th :(

but hey...it's BAW Nation :)

I agree clev will give my Celts all they can handle this year

good health this year BAW...

Being on top certainly doesn't help you out with scheduling. This game could have easily been stuck a month in, instead of opening night on ring ceremony day...they couldn't just give us the Pacers or something tonight?

What's your opinion on Portland/LA?

Honesty just going to watch and enjoy.

Excited to see Oden for a full game. Was impressed in preseason.

Excited to see Gasol and Bynum.

Didn't really cap this one too much. Too many unknowns.

Being on top certainly doesn't help you out with scheduling. This game could have easily been stuck a month in, instead of opening night on ring ceremony day...they couldn't just give us the Pacers or something tonight?

All about ratings, all the time.

34 posts in under an hour,Bator style right there

Can their be a gurv nation?

icon13.gif

damn almost had it right. predicted in another thread you would have it for 3u. anyways gl tonight and congrats on another profitable season ill say it already lol

what is everyones suggestion here... at 5dimes the line moved down to +6 and with reduced juice is -101 great price... to get the +6.5 would make me have to buy a half point for -120... 240 to win 200 for +6.5 compared to 202 to win 200 on +6..

what ya'll think .. wait it out to see if it gets hit back to +6.5 or what?

Back when Pinnacle was still an option I routinely sold off 1/2 to full points to get better vig over the course of the season.

Best of luck BAR! Champs are known for slow starts, but staying from this one. Overall, not too big of a Cleveland fan.

Best of luck BAR! Champs are known for slow starts, but staying from this one. Overall, not too big of a Cleveland fan.

The reason I think the C's could be in for a slow start is that I doubt the Big 3 will play any more than about 35 minutes a piece, and the bench makeup is different than last year. Eddie House and Tony Allen will be counted on to do more, and down low they need to hope that Patrick O'Bryant can play 10 minutes a game without absolutely killing them.

They still have Leon Powe to dominate down low, and Bill Walker has been a pleasant preseason surprise, but the Posey loss takes a lot away from the bench IMO and I'm not sure they've figured out just where all the new pieces fit yet...

Regular season

104-93 +approx 37 units

Year before

171-128 +105.65 units

Last year, I upped my units slightly as I won more as opposed to the year before.

Example. If said unit is 100 bucks and I put a nickel on it, thats 5 units. last year, when I increased my unit size I wouldn't post it as a bigger play. Easier to value your season in a whole using the unit system. May not read out well but I gave it a go.

I have watched you the past couple of years and even tailed a few plays.I must say you are very good at what you do in the NBA.I wish you the best for this upcoming season.
For all the people out there who say you cant make money gambling watch this guy do the NBA.
:cheers:

It is up to Lebron for the Cavs...I think they are the best team in the NBA and if they do not win it all it is his fault.

He is the most gifted athlete in the history of the L, as long as he is willing to let Mo run the show....the Cavs should roll....BOL BAR

Just bet Cavs OVER 47.5 wins (120)
Heat over 37.5 (120)
Cavs to win it all +1700

think their will be hedging options on the last one..thoughts on the Heat?

Back