National Championship Discussion: The Tiger Bowl

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Alright, let's discuss. Sign me up for Clemson TT MAX and lots of Travis props. I'll discuss my own personal opinions on the game line tomorrow.

Just curious. You're very confident.

I went into minor details in my thread regarding my LSU play.

Clemson overmatched on both sides, especially offense. I don’t see Clemson matching LSU TD for TD. I can expect somewhat a close game for the first half, LSU up by 7-10 and then pull away in the second half. Clemson scores garbage TD late in the game to make the score look better in their favor.

I went into minor details in my thread regarding my LSU play.

Clemson overmatched on both sides, especially offense. I don’t see Clemson matching LSU TD for TD. I can expect somewhat a close game for the first half, LSU up by 7-10 and then pull away in the second half. Clemson scores garbage TD late in the game to make the score look better in their favor.

Fair enough. Good luck man.

bar, I’ll be loookg at Etienne props as well. That ole piss game keeps replaying in my head. Hate Dabo, but he’ll find a way to get Etienne going

bar, I’ll be loookg at Etienne props as well. That ole piss game keeps replaying in my head. Hate Dabo, but he’ll find a way to get Etienne going

I was thinking same thing.,

The one thing I worry bout for Clemson is if I’m LSU I’m already drawing up all kinds of dump offs to my rb. Worrisome how open dobbins was all night in passing game. Dunno if Clemson can clean that up cause their biggest liability they have to blitz to get pressure. The secondary good enough to allow that but clearly accounting for Rb a problem for them.

I was thinking same thing.,

The one thing I worry bout for Clemson is if I’m LSU I’m already drawing up all kinds of dump offs to my rb. Worrisome how open dobbins was all night in passing game. Dunno if Clemson can clean that up cause their biggest liability they have to blitz to get pressure. The secondary good enough to allow that but clearly accounting for Rb a problem for them.

edwards going to be healthy for the ship?

If burrow gets as much time to throw as fields did, Clemson better be ready to go score for score. But not sure I could go against Dabo in the ship. They’ve been dogged before to an all mighty sec team before

If burrow gets as much time to throw as fields did, Clemson better be ready to go score for score. But not sure I could go against Dabo in the ship. They’ve been dogged before to an all mighty sec team before

Great point @pb278817

Fields holds the ball WAY longer than Burrow in the pocket. And Fields was tough AF standing in the pocket there last night. But IMO Watching the LSU O matchup against Venables and the D schemes is going to be amazing to watch.

CEH if healthy could be a huge factor, just as Etienne in space can be. Fascinating matchup.

Think this is a game I play props pre small and then hop in live.

LSU by DD. The most explosive offense in SEC history. Led by the most prolific qb in conference history. Their wr core could be as good as any in the nfl and Moss is starting to get the ball more at tight end. If their rb is healthy, they win pretty comfortably.

I like last year's Clemson team a lot more than this one. The last few games now that the defense has been healthy LSU has been dominant.

Pretty cool to see the top qb in next years draft battle the top qb in the 2021 draft. Burrow cements himself as the greatest athlete in the state's history. By the way Bourbon St will be lit.

LSU had 49 in the first half with Chase being non-existent and their all conference rb barely on the field.

Playing inside again, in Louisana will be a tough out.

Still think Ohio St wasnt that good and could have easily beat Clemson last night. If Trevor Lawrence is your leading rusher again, they lose and lose badly.

LSU by DD. The most explosive offense in SEC history. Led by the most prolific qb in conference history. Their wr core could be as good as any in the nfl and Moss is starting to get the ball more at tight end. If their rb is healthy, they win pretty comfortably.

I like last year's Clemson team a lot more than this one. The last few games now that the defense has been healthy LSU has been dominant.

Pretty cool to see the top qb in next years draft battle the top qb in the 2021 draft. Burrow cements himself as the greatest athlete in the state's history. By the way Bourbon St will be lit.
Who were the injuries earlier in the year? Getting some guys healthy again would explain the impressive margins the last three games.

Who were the injuries earlier in the year? Getting some guys healthy again would explain the impressive margins the last three games.
I would have to check back through the updates I posted in the season long injury thread but they played at least one game down 4 starters in the front 7. A guy who started at DE against Vanderbilt in October left the team because he was so far down the chart 4 weeks later.

Chaisson came into the season injured. Lawrence missed several games. Divinity missed games due to injury and then suspension and allegedly may be back for the championship game. They lost a safety for the season against Texas and have had to play Stevens out of position as a result.

ETA: On second thought those updates may not have been consolidated in the injury thread, but probably various weekly SEC threads.

I would have to check back through the updates I posted in the season long injury thread but they played at least one game down 4 starters in the front 7. A guy who started at DE against Vanderbilt in October left the team because he was so far down the chart 4 weeks later.

Chaisson came into the season injured. Lawrence missed several games. Divinity missed games due to injury and then suspension and allegedly may be back for the championship game. They lost a safety for the season against Texas and have had to play Stevens out of position as a result.

ETA: On second thought those updates may not have been consolidated in the injury thread, but probably various weekly SEC threads.
You mean Todd Harris? Wasn’t he placed on IR essentially before the season?

Okay, thanks, I know Delpit missed one game. What part of the season was he significantly banged up? LSU's been much mroe impressive vs. A&M, UGA, OU than pereviously.

Okay, thanks, I know Delpit missed one game. What part of the season was he significantly banged up? LSU's been much mroe impressive vs. A&M, UGA, OU than pereviously.
They say a lot of the season
People/fans etc been on his ass, many thought he was playin “soft”, but they say he has been playin banged up a lot of the year

LSU had 49 in the first half with Chase being non-existent and their all conference rb barely on the field.

Playing inside again, in Louisana will be a tough out.

Still think Ohio St wasnt that good and could have easily beat Clemson last night. If Trevor Lawrence is your leading rusher again, they lose and lose badly.

Yep and yep. I won’t be surprised if Clemson gets blown out. Props to Dabo and Clemson the last few years and they have played well no doubt, but their first loss in a long time is coming. Clemson can’t hang in an offensive showdown. LSU defense has gotten better, as you said, and if they get a few stops and give the LSU offense the ball back, they’ll score and Clemson can’t afford a pissing match against LSU.

Surprised there hasnt been more of a mention of how badly Dabo (and Venables) were severely outcoached and looked lost for the first third of last night's game. I also thought the play calling by Clemson was weak. Too many high risk/low reward kind of screens and near LOS plays. I ordinarily think pretty highly of these two and was surprised to see them kinda get clowned.

It will take a great effort for them to win vs. An outstanding LSU bunch, especially give the venue. Clemson has the talent to hang in this game but their coaching staff needs to come correct or this game will be a blowout.

Still trying to decide. LSU team total over, and over in general look enticing.

^^^ Yeah they looked lost for the first third of the game but made adjustments and dominated the last two thirds. Dabo and Venables have been straight cash for years going 60% ATS together including 12-4 as dogs. I don't think a bad third of a game they were the better coaches in is going to apply much here.

I like the Under here a lot. Dabo and Venebles know they aren't stopping them consistently but they can certainly run on them. I expect Clemson to chew the clock and Etienne to have a huge day. FG game either way depending on which QB makes a late key play.

Back