***National Championship--Clemson vs Alabama--Discussion***

Good piece by Steven Godfrey getting some SEC coaches takes:

What’s a defensive coordinator to do when the nation’s best team switches play callers the week of the national championship?
Clemson has to answer that question for Monday night’s National Championship. Seven days before kickoff, Alabama announced a surprise fast-track of its transition from FAU head coach Lane Kiffin to new offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian, the former USC coach who’d been on staff for much of the season as an analyst.
SB Nation asked two defensive coaches of recent Alabama opponents — LSU’s Dave Aranda and Ole Miss’ just-retired Dave Wommack, whose defense twice beat the Kiffin Alabama offense — how to address the transition.
[h=4]Kiffin’s offense was built on your mistakes, not Alabama’sstrengths.[/h]“What makes [game-planning] hard this week is that Kiffin was such a huge influence on that offense, with all due respect to Coach Saban and everyone else,” Aranda said. “And it was a lot of offense. We have a formation chart for each week’s opponent. When we put up Bama’s, we couldn’t fit all the formations on our board.”

Thanks to years of the best recruiting in college football, Alabama is talented everywhere. Scouting particular players is usually an early step in game-planning against an offense. But this depth, according to Aranda and Wommack, allowed Kiffin an unusual amount of freedom.
Rather than build a game plan around formations and plays Alabama excelled at or around particularly good Alabama players, Kiffin’s offense would scout every play your defense struggles against and install that, even if it’d never run it before.
“Auburn had a fly sweep with a wheel route off of it. We struggled with it when we played them, and it eventually led to our defeat. I knew we’d see that against Alabama, and we did,” Aranda said.

“We were playing Southern Miss, and they’re in a two-two set [two receivers, two tight ends] with the back offset. The receivers are snugged, and the back runs a wheel unmolested into the boundary. [Southern Miss] hit us on that one, and then that was in Alabama’s offense against LSU. That specific play was there.
“So you can’t just put them in a box. Because when another staff is [preparing for Alabama by] watching the Alabama-LSU game, and they see that wheel route, they might start repping wheel routes. Except [Alabama] didn’t run one before our game, and you’ll end up not seeing it at all in your game vs. Alabama.
“They’ll run something that hurts you specifically. We knew they were going to, because we got hurt with it.”
[h=4]To beat Alabama’s offense, fight fire with fire and show new looks.[/h]Ole Miss’ second victory over Alabama in 2015 is known best for the Tide’s five turnovers and a permanent quarterback change from Cooper Bateman to Jacob Coker. But the Rebels built a 20-point lead in the third quarter with confusion, by rotating new looks on defense from play to play.
“We gave them as many looks as we could give them. That week, we were ultra multiple,” Wommack said. “When you have an experienced defense, that’s something you can afford to do. We made it a goal to be the cat and not the mouse.”
The most notable 2016 adjustment Wommack saw in Bama was the addition of option plays to offset Jalen Hurts’ inexperience as a passer. Coker couldn’t pull off those option plays.
“Even with only three games [of film] on Hurts, we were really surprised at how well he could run it,” Wommack said.
[h=4]Don’t scout Sarkisian. Scout Saban and the run game. [/h]If you believe Bama’s change in coordinators was due in part to Saban taking issue with Bama’s performance vs. Washington, that’d mean Saban wants a particular kind of attack. Fifteen games into a title run, it’s not really about what the new guy likes.
“Saban wants to run the ball, he wants to feature the tight end, he wants to lean on defense, and he wants to make things easy on the quarterback. I’d start there,” Aranda said.
<aside id="PCVhaE" style="box-sizing: border-box; text-decoration: inherit; vertical-align: inherit; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size: 17px; line-height: inherit; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(59, 59, 59);">RELATED
[h=4]Jalen Hurts is the latest phase of Saban’s evolution[/h]

</aside>Aranda has coached against a Sarkisian offense before, when the latter was head coach at USC and Aranda was defensive coordinator at Utah State.
“What I remember from Sark was that he was a little more connected in terms of run and play-action passes,” Aranda said. “I can see Alabama using a lot of play-action passing and the run game, trying to instill that dominance in the middle and trying to hit shots off of it. With Sark, the play-action looks are going to look like runs, the same run play five times and then they go over the top with it.
“That didn’t happen as much with Kiffin. He just had so many plays. He had ‘gotcha’ shots downfield, where they didn’t worry about making it look like a run play you’d already seen.”
[h=4]Changing coordinators is not a negative for Alabama. If it was, Saban wouldn’t do it.[/h]“Whoever it is calling plays, right now, everyone’s talking about the coordinators, and Alabama is just going to use that as a positive,” Wommack said.
Wommack is right. The oxygen around this national title rematch has been sucked up by the Kiffin/Sark saga, a saga created by — and most likely for — Alabama. There’s little talk of Deshaun Watson as the best QB Bama will face this year or the fact that Hurts is a true freshman starting a national championship.
“Saban has this way of getting his team ready,” Wommack said. “They have a level of focus among those players where Saban knows he can use this to his advantage. And I expect that in their locker room they believe they can execute no matter who is calling plays.”
“The big thing is they've been successful on offense, really, the entire season. So just keep doing what they've done before,” said Gus Malzahn, the only head coach to face both Bama and Clemson this season. “The coach taking over has been with them and understands what they've been doing. I don't expect that to be too big a challenge.”

just random thoughts

Bama has a true freshman QB this year
Clemson has Watson, from last year's championship
Bama does not "air" it out, they "grind" it out
Clemson gets a top WR this year which they did not have in Williams

The 31-0 beat down of tOSU was historic. But if you watched that game, the game plan from tOSU was horrendous, cant believe Myer was part of that. Also, we all have seen what all of B10 did in bowl games this year.

Bama beat a Washington team, a very good defensive and offensive Washington team. They have won every game this year and I believe 10-4 ATS.

Last year, same line, -6 bama, and Clemson back doored Bama ticket holders

Public pounding Clemson and books holding steady at 6.5, some places 7 (like my local) Clemson ML and Spread are a very popular play

Why did they not open this line at Bama-5.5/6?

Leaning Bama, going to wait to see if I can find a 6 some time today

Bama 31
Clemson 20

Another late bs TD by Clemson to make it look a little respectable IMO.

GL Fellas!

:cheers3:

better for college football if Clemson can win, so I'm rooting for that. no play at this point, prob something live as I think there are some pretty clear indicators that will tell us schematically who is "winning".

Amazing Wiz, I agree with virtually everything you said and kinda threw a 34-20 type game out there when talking about it. I'll also add that I personally think this year's Clemson imo has a better chance of beating this year's Bama than that combination last year, I just don't think it will happen and expect a comfortable Bama win. Would I be shocked if Clemson won? Not at all, but I'd be less shocked if the Tide win by double digits.

CFB doesn't seem to be doing this right, this game should be all the talk today and no one even remembers the game is tonight unless you're a diehard fan or a gambler...this should have been last week and the playoff a week earlier.

That Bama d is good, real good. Bama I think had that 1 game this year that they almost lost to Ole Piss, but still managed to win, hell, they were even covering late and Ole Piss came back I think to cover the spread.

Clemson has had like 3 or 4 games that they could have lost. Yes they pulled out the win. But losing to Pitt, going to OT against NCST...does not sit well with me.

I think Clemson blew their load against tOSU and ppl are still looking at that final.

Agree
"Would I be shocked if Clemson won? Not at all, but I'd be less shocked if the Tide win by double digits."

Went ahead and grabbed the -6 -115 at one of my books on Bama

GL tonight!

Roll Tideeeeee

NBAfan, that question is probably going to get split answers, but most advanced stats support Clemson as the answer.

S&P+ (my favorite advanced stat) has Clemson as noticeably better - 4 points better per game on a per snap, opponent adjusted basis.

It's a tough question, as we all know it's matchups than tell the story. Clemson defense is very good...so is UW. UW was missing their entire linebacker group at one point, so there's that. Also, the offenses played matters, and I do rate ACC as possibly the best conference this year, but Pac12 is offense every week.

Bama defense is professional almost, and UW defense exceeded my expectations last week considering how outsized they were, but I also prefer speed to size. Game is outdoors on grass, that might help the defense, but weather gonna be high 50s and wind <10 mph so no effect.

Amazing Wiz, I agree with virtually everything you said and kinda threw a 34-20 type game out there when talking about it. I'll also add that I personally think this year's Clemson imo has a better chance of beating this year's Bama than that combination last year, I just don't think it will happen and expect a comfortable Bama win. Would I be shocked if Clemson won? Not at all, but I'd be less shocked if the Tide win by double digits.

CFB doesn't seem to be doing this right, this game should be all the talk today and no one even remembers the game is tonight unless you're a diehard fan or a gambler...this should have been last week and the playoff a week earlier.

:shake2:

CFB doesn't want to interfere with the Rose Bowl otherwise the championship game New Years day night would be great.

Bama.

Particularly the tackles are strong - both 1st rounders. Interior is streaky. Clemson pass blocks well but they don't impress me in the run game. All of that is my opinion but also backed up by advanced analytics. Both teams DL are full of freak shows - clemson has some really young studs and bamas have more grey in the beards

-6'

is this gonna lower or go up?

As of this moment in watching the screen 6 is more likely than 7 but lot can change in next few hours. Bama took money very early this morning and got to -7 -120 on bm and stayed there for two seconds, literally, and then went to -7-105 and has since crept back down to -6.5 -105. Hasn't varied from 6,6',7 all week. Coulda had +13 on the hypothetical on 5d two weeks ago and +10.5 New year's eve morning.

Who has the better O-Line unit?

Bama. Those tailbacks aren't get 7 yards a pop on their own. Gallman's a good back, but he's getting just 5.1 per carry this year. The weak link is the true freshman Pollard at right tackle. He came in halfway through the season when starter Fruhmorgen was lost to injury.

Nick Saban is 44-5 SU in games with the Tide in which they are ranked No. 1 in the polls. In addition, Saban is 88-15 SU and 59-39 ATS in games in which his teams are undefeated, including 33-14 ATS against opponents his team defeated in a most recent meeting.

Dabo Swinney is 10-6 SUATS against undefeated opposition, including 6-1 ATS when the Tigers are taking points. In addition, Swinney is 3-0 ATS with rest when tackling SEC foes.

Don't watch if you plan to bet Clemson, you will immediately regret your decision. Apparently Saban showed this one to the team.
[video=youtube;4IiRdyfuZ3U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IiRdyfuZ3U&feature=youtu.be[/video]

This is terrible, NCAA needs to do better. This game is less important than several NBA games tonight...and it's all on the NCAA. Marketing is awful.

Don't watch if you plan to bet Clemson, you will immediately regret your decision. Apparently Saban showed this one to the team.
[video=youtube;4IiRdyfuZ3U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IiRdyfuZ3U&feature=youtu.be[/video]
thanks for sharing, sick video

More people are concerned about dinner here than this game. That's where we are.

I am not sure who you hang around with KJ but I can assure you most of the country does not share this same sentiment. Consider moving?

Already got 3u on Bama pk in last leg of teasers from the weekend

And looking to add more teasers as we speak...

ROLL TIDE! BLOODSTRONG!

Nick Saban is 44-5 SU in games with the Tide in which they are ranked No. 1 in the polls. In addition, Saban is 88-15 SU and 59-39 ATS in games in which his teams are undefeated, including 33-14 ATS against opponents his team defeated in a most recent meeting.

Dabo Swinney is 10-6 SUATS against undefeated opposition, including 6-1 ATS when the Tigers are taking points. In addition, Swinney is 3-0 ATS with rest when tackling SEC foes.

59-39 ATS when his team is undefeated. I'll take your word for it, but here's a fun one:

Since winning its first title under Saban (i.e., seasons 2010 to date), Bama is 2-4 SU and 1-5 ATS when undefeated after week 5 if not favored by at least 14.

team = ALA and date > 20100407 and losses = 0 and week > 5 and line > -13

SU:2-4-0 (-2.50, 33.3%)
ATS:1-5-0 (-9.58, 16.7%) avg line: -7.1 +6: 2-4-0 (33.3%) -6: 0-6-0 (0.0%) +10: 3-3-0 (50.0%) -10: 0-6-0 (0.0%)
O/U:2-4-0 (-9.92, 33.3%) avg total: 46.8+6: 2-4-0 (33.3%)-6: 3-3-0 (50.0%)+10: 0-6-0 (0.0%)-10: 3-3-0 (50.0%)

<tbody>
[TH="colspan: 4"] Teaser Records [/TH]

</tbody>

RushesRush YdsPassesCompPass YdsTOsQ1Q2Q3Q4Final
Team35.5152.528.317.2215.21.30.59.71.85.217.2
Opp39.5135.524.015.2171.31.04.52.84.77.219.7

<tbody>
</tbody>
[TABLE="class: dataTable no-footer"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TH="class: sorting_asc"]Date[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]Link[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]Day[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]Week[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]Season[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]Team[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]Opp[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]Site[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]Q1[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]Q2[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]Q3[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]Q4[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]Final[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]Line[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]Total[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]SUm[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]ATSm[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]OUm[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]DPS[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]DPA[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]SUr[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]ATSr[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]OUr[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]ot[/TH]
box Saturday 6 2010 ALA SCAR away 3-14 6-7 5-7 7-7 21-35 -7.0 47.5 -14 -21.0 8.5 -6.2 14.8 L L O 0
box Saturday 10 2012 ALA LSU away 0-3 14-0 0-7 7-7 21-17 -8.0 40.0 4 -4 -2 -3.0 1.0 W L U 0
box Saturday 6 2014 ALA MIS away 0-3 14-0 3-7 0-13 17-23 -5.0 52.5 -6 -11 -12.5 -11.8 -0.8 L L U 0

Monday 19 2016 ALA CLEM neutral

-6.5 51.0

<tbody> [TD]

[TD="class: sorting_1"] Oct 09, 2010 [/TD]

[TD="class: sorting_1, bgcolor: ffffff"] Nov 05, 2011 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] box [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] Saturday [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 10 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 2011 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] ALA [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] LSU [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] home [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 0-0 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 3-3 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 3-0 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 0-3 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 6-9 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] -5.0 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 41.0 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] -3 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] -8.0 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] -26.0 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] -17.0 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] -9.0 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] L [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] U [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 1 [/TD]

[TD="class: sorting_1"] Nov 03, 2012 [/TD]

[TD="class: sorting_1, bgcolor: ffffff"] Nov 30, 2013 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 14 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 2013 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] AUB [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] away [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 0-7 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 21-7
[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 7-13 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 28-34 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] -10.0 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 54.5 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] -6 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] -16.0 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 7.5 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] -4.2 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 11.8 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] O [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 0 [/TD]

[TD="class: sorting_1"] Oct 04, 2014 [/TD]

[TD="class: sorting_1, bgcolor: ffffff"] Nov 05, 2016 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 2016 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 10-0 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] -7.5 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 45.0 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 2.5 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] -35 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] -16.2 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] -18.8 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] W [/TD]

[TD="class: sorting_1"] Jan 09, 2017 [/TD]

</tbody>
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Clemson looked good vs Ohio St(take nothing from Clem) but how good was Ohio St?
The ACC appears to be top to bottom best Conf this year, but I can't shake some Clem performances off..
Granted sesons change, teams get better....
And Watson is a big factor.....but Bama D is ferocious. Clem has a really good WR in Williams too, but I like this under a TD for Bama I think

Ck you have the video of the 2011 'ship in the Dome? Where Saban walks out pregame and Miles is at the 50 looking to shake his hand and Saban blows by him?

Ck you have the video of the 2011 'ship in the Dome? Where Saban walks out pregame and Miles is at the 50 looking to shake his hand and Saban blows by him?

I'll look. Here is my fav and your appetizer while you chew on a Bama bet

[video=youtube;d3u7SNsAE6E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3u7SNsAE6E[/video]

59-39 ATS when his team is undefeated. I'll take your word for it, but here's a fun one:

Since winning its first title under Saban (i.e., seasons 2010 to date), Bama is 2-4 SU and 1-5 ATS when undefeated after week 5 if not favored by at least 14.

team = ALA and date > 20100407 and losses = 0 and week > 5 and line > -13

SU:2-4-0 (-2.50, 33.3%)
ATS:1-5-0 (-9.58, 16.7%) avg line: -7.1 +6: 2-4-0 (33.3%) -6: 0-6-0 (0.0%) +10: 3-3-0 (50.0%) -10: 0-6-0 (0.0%)
O/U:2-4-0 (-9.92, 33.3%) avg total: 46.8+6: 2-4-0 (33.3%)-6: 3-3-0 (50.0%)+10: 0-6-0 (0.0%)-10: 3-3-0 (50.0%)

<tbody>
[TH="colspan: 4"] Teaser Records [/TH]

</tbody>

RushesRush YdsPassesCompPass YdsTOsQ1Q2Q3Q4Final
Team35.5152.528.317.2215.21.30.59.71.85.217.2
Opp39.5135.524.015.2171.31.04.52.84.77.219.7

<tbody>
</tbody>
[TABLE="class: dataTable no-footer"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TH="class: sorting_asc"]Date[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]Link[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]Day[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]Week[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]Season[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]Team[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]Opp[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]Site[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]Q1[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]Q2[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]Q3[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]Q4[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]Final[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]Line[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]Total[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]SUm[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]ATSm[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]OUm[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]DPS[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]DPA[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]SUr[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]ATSr[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]OUr[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]ot[/TH]
box Saturday 6 2010 ALA SCAR away 3-14 6-7 5-7 7-7 21-35 -7.0 47.5 -14 -21.0 8.5 -6.2 14.8 L L O 0
box Saturday 10 2012 ALA LSU away 0-3 14-0 0-7 7-7 21-17 -8.0 40.0 4 -4 -2 -3.0 1.0 W L U 0
box Saturday 6 2014 ALA MIS away 0-3 14-0 3-7 0-13 17-23 -5.0 52.5 -6 -11 -12.5 -11.8 -0.8 L L U 0

Monday 19 2016 ALA CLEM neutral

-6.5 51.0

<tbody> [TD]

[TD="class: sorting_1"] Oct 09, 2010 [/TD]

[TD="class: sorting_1, bgcolor: ffffff"] Nov 05, 2011 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 2011 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] home [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 3-3 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 3-0 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 0-3 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 6-9 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] -5.0 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 41.0 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] -3 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] -8.0 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] -26.0 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] -17.0 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] -9.0 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 1 [/TD]

[TD="class: sorting_1"] Nov 03, 2012 [/TD]

[TD="class: sorting_1, bgcolor: ffffff"] Nov 30, 2013 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 14 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 2013 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] AUB [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 21-7 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 7-13 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 28-34 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] -10.0 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 54.5 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] -6 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] -16.0 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 7.5 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] -4.2 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 11.8 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] O [/TD]

[TD="class: sorting_1"] Oct 04, 2014 [/TD]

[TD="class: sorting_1, bgcolor: ffffff"] Nov 05, 2016 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 2016 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] -7.5 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 45.0 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] 2.5 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] -35 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] -16.2 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: ffffff"] -18.8 [/TD]

[TD="class: sorting_1"] Jan 09, 2017 [/TD]

</tbody>
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Would seem this season's team broke the streak though.

I wish we were playing that '11 LSU team tonight lol. Game sorta has that feel though
[video=youtube;nznM-BMJvSU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nznM-BMJvSU[/video]

Wife is home -- we'll heading to the viewing party shortly.

Final plays:

Clem 1Q +0.5 -- 1 unit
Clem 1H +3.5 -- 2 units
Clem 1H team over 10/10.5 (split) -- 1 unit

Props:

Watson throw a pick -180 -- 1 unit
Watson over 50.5 rush yds -- 1/3 unit
Howard over 40 rec yards -120 -- 1/5 unit
Non-offensive TD +120 -- 1/4 unit

More people are concerned about dinner here than this game. That's where we are.

Same here in Michigan. Asked people at work who they like tonight, none cared. Said they will just go to bed and hope when they wake up in the morning Bama lost, not going to waste time watching this game. This is what college football is now. Alabama plays on rookie level play station against rest of teams. Most people are just sick of it. Bama can just recycle the same players every year, even their RB looks like a twin. Its silly. To boot a rematch so Clemson clowns get another shot.

I had to bet on this game just to watch it. I love football only below my wife, son, and mother. Its the national championship game, had to throw a nickel on it just to keep my eyes open and that still may not work.

Good luck on your bets. Crooked NCAA would do well to keep it close and have Clemson win. That way some think they have a chance next year.

Do Bama fans even get excited for this shit anymore?

I can't wait for another Saban speech of "no one believed in us all year", classic rhetoric from Saint Nick on podium.

Do Bama fans even get excited for this shit anymore?

I can't wait for another Saban speech of "no one believed in us all year", classic rhetoric from Saint Nick on podium.

I liked the piece on BAMA defensive players saying that their D really didnt play well last year despite winning. Theyre out for BLOOD tonight

Back