My week 2 "Insiders Info"

bjorks

Secretary of Fondy Fanclub
As always...for what it's worth...

Don't like the fact I like road fav's this week, but...

Coal Bowl
WVU -24 @ Marshall
Really thought the line would be a little higher than 24. Despite being played at Marshall, the Herd won't be able to stop WVU's offense. I expect big days from White, Slaton, and Reynaud. There's a lot of hatred between these two schools and I wouldn't be surprised if Rodriguez tries to light up Marshall. I had this thing capped in the high 20's and feel good about WVU's chances to win by 30+. The only way you're going to beat WVU this year is to outscore them and the Herd just doens't have the ponies to keep up.

medium size one here...

Nebraska -8 @ Wake
This is going to come down to a battle in the trenches. The Nebraska OL looks nearly as good as it did 10 years ago when it was ground and pound as they compiled over 600 yards on offense last week. Sam Keller was average last week by his standards, BUT after talking with sources he's getting better each week. Sam has never been short on confidence and he's licking his chops seeing a Wake secondary that gave up 400+ yards to BC last week.

Wake somehow managed 4 yards rushing last week against BC and are starting RSF Brett Hodges at QB so I'm not expecting a lot of fireworks on O. Their shot at winning this is on defense. Sources are expecting Wake to focus on the run and make Sam beat them through the air. YAY!!!!!

Betting on Sam Keller to lose a game via passing is a recipe for disaster for WF fans. WF isn't going to win by passing the ball with a RSF and if they dare Sam to throw it's over. The only hesitation is whether or not Nebraska, and especially Keller, is looking ahead to the SC game. Remember Keller was up 21-0 at the half 2 years ago for ASU and then fell apart with 5 picks in the 2H. I think Sam's smarter than that and word is the team is focused and expecting to hand WF their 2nd loss of the year.

Based on what I've been told I'm playing this for a small one...

POD - Laying the wood here boys.
Penn St -17 vs. ND
I've had 3 conversations with ND people this week and I'm... loving the fact Clausen is starting...I'm loving the fact ND has no run D...I'm loving the fact ND has no offense...I'm loving the fact PSU has a monster D...I'm loving the fact the games in Happy Valley...

I think you get the point. ND has zero confidence right now and has zero skill players (at least proven other than Carlson), a horid OL, and not much defense. Yes it's still ND, but that's the problem, everyone keeps thinking they'll just turn it on. The Penn St LB's are going to have an absolute field day with this OL and backfield. If there was a prop on whether Clausen lasts the entire game or gets taken out because of injury, I'd bet on Penn St. I fully expect to see Demetrious Jones in this game. Clausen I can promise you is comfortable with less than 50% (I can almost guarentee you that!!!) of the playbook and with no decent RB and a blitzing defense it's going to be all or nothing for Clausen. Jimmy may be great someday, but Happy Valley against this D just isn't the place you want to make your starting debut in.

As I said I can't expand on a lot of what's been said, but this is my play of the D. Totally see Penn St winning by 30+ here.

One GINORMOUS play here...

Hawaii -28 @ La Tech
As always, tailing Hawaii Guy here...

Leans...
Rutgers -16
Cal -15 (another road fav)
Meeechigan -7 (Oregon is most overrated team in PAC 10 and I expected a beeting by the home team here as much as it kills me to say it)
Boise -3 (another road fav, dammit)
LSU -11 (Just don't see Glennon doing much here)
ASU -15 (waiting for a phone call)
Clemson -27 (hangover affect?)

GL this week, I'll update as I get information...

:cheers:

GL bjorks. I always seem to get screwed playing against Wake. Maybe I can try it one more time. The only thing that worries me is USC is up next for Nebraska

GL bjorks. I always seem to get screwed playing against Wake. Maybe I can try it one more time. The only thing that worries me is USC is up next for Nebraska

Agreed. I'm not laying the wood here, but from what I've been told they're ready and Sam is ready. Really looking to sharpen things up here and get ready for SC. Like all my sources, I trust my Nebraska connection 100% and wouldn't doubt what they've said.

Love your card bjorks...

really want to hear your ASU insight as always..lean that way quite heavily..love the team this year...

Riding Penn St, Hawaii, and West Va with you this weekend... cash it!

Check out my in-depth thread on the LSU game... GL bud

As a Marshall fan, we are going to get pummled Saturday. Though wvu's defense isnt anywhere close to Miami's, our OL was totally inept. It was the best high school team in the state playing a JV high school team. And if Miami, they do have 2 good backs, can rack up 200+ yards on the ground, what in the heck are Slaton and White going to carve up? As much as I hate, despise wvu they will beat by 30+.

wvu - 54
The Herd - 20

I'm glad to see you decided to post everything publicly this week. I was in no shape to talk to you last night. Just remember you disappearing to take the ASU call. I do remember McCann's name though and whatever website you had me selling boots at.

What are you talking about Nick, you were in tip top shape...

You gotta feel like a million bucks today...

What are you talking about Nick, you were in tip top shape...

You gotta feel like a million bucks today...

Sat through one class already next one doesn't start til 1pm, so of course i'm sitting on ctg and playing poker trying not to puke

Thank god for Craigslist!!!

You feeling Mizzou this weekend? I asked you about Clemson too last night, but I don't think I got a good answer from you.

UPDATE

Definately going to play ASU for a medium/large size play after getting my final update today. Colorado is my favorite team in college football and it pains me to write this up, but hey, it's a business decision...right?

Ryan Torain is going to be close to 100% and I like the game plan. Coach Erickson is trying to turn ASU into a running first team (think 60-40), but they really laid the wood last week against SJSU when they threw the ball. Erickson, although he prefers to run the ball a bit more, isn't dumb enough to realize what he's got with this team. A very good running team that is great at passing the ball. Despite his preferences he recognizes you have to go with what works and what the opposing team gives you.

I've always compared ASU and Minnesota for the reason they've always been good at a singular thing. ASU passing, Minnesota running. Both schools have new coaches who are trying to turn them into the opposite so to speak. Minnesota outscored BG last week 24-3 in the 2H before falling apart in OT because they abandoned the pass and decided to run the ball to get back in the game. ASU was doing just fine last week, but really started clicking when they started passing the ball (didn't abandon the run, just focused on the pass more). Difference here is Minnesota/Brewster are predictable and ASU/Erickson are about as unpredictable as it gets. Minny also doesn't have nearly the amount of talent ASU does except at WR.

ASU is itching to open things up and the CU defense looked very soft against CSU, especially in the 1H, against a very ordinary CSU offense. They got stops they needed in the 2H, but this is probably the biggest game of the year for both teams. Cody Hawkins looked servicable last week, throwing for almost 200 yards and a pair of scores. There was some confusion last week and the CSU D is nowhere near the level of ASU. CU needs a running attack to keep the ASU offense off the field and with Hugh Charles being a ?, I'm not sure Hawkins can have the same type of success against an ASU D that is planning on showing multiple looks and loves to take chances. I'm a big Dan Hawkins fan, but it's asking a lot of a Freshman QB, I don't care if it's the coaches kid.

ASU gets a BIG shot in the arm this week with the return of Rudy Burgess to the lineup. Evidently he'll alternate in the slot this week and I expect a at least 5-7 touches and 65+ total yards this week. But again the real news is Torain will be close to 100%. CU didn't have much of a pass rush either last week and they are going up a veteran OL this week that is one of the better ones in the PAC 10. To beat ASU you have to pressure Carpenter and try to contain the ground game, something ASU doesn't believe CU can do. Stop 1, you stop both. Stop neither and you're screwed.

ASU is going to come out slingin and test CU's D right away. I'm expecting more passing this week than running, and just when CU plays the pass, here comes Torain. ASU's D is going to make some plays and I wouldn't be surprised if they score on D or force at least 2 turnovers. The secondary and LB's are given a lot of freedom to make plays. It's a gamblers defense and well...since we're all gamblers...you got love it. Multiple schemes this week on D and they're going to make Hawkins, a freshman, beat them through the air.

CU usually suffers a little bit of a hangover after CSU regardless of winning or losing and I fully expect it here. ASU isn't an easy place to play and they got a good tune up last week against SJSU, just the type of nonconference game you want to get the juices flowing. The starters are hoping to play an entire game and I expect a lot of fireworks going off in Tempe Saturday night. Even if the starters get pulled, Sullivan is still better at QB than what half the teams in the PAC 10 can put out there, let alone CU.

I was leaning towards this game anyway all week, but after all calls have come in, I'm liking this game alot. Hawkins is a good enough coach to put some points on the board, but I'm a big believer that it takes 3-4 years before you can put your fingerprint on a team. One more year Hawk...one more year...

ASU 45
CU 17

UPDATE

For those of you leaning towards Miami, OH, there's a high likely hood MN is starting 3 true freshman in the secondary.

ANother reason why I'm staying off this game.

Back