this was my draft from the 8 spot:

1. D Thomas
2. J Graham
3. A Ellington
4. R White
5. R Jennings
6. G Tate
7. J Cutler
8. D Pitta (autodraft due to CPU issues, he will most likely be replaced with Dunbar, fwiw I would have taken MJD so not a big deal)
9. B Pierce
10. P Thomas (not thrilled with this one)
11. A Dalton
12. H Douglas
13. GB Defense
14. Freese (Det K)

I just want to think I'm sane. QBs got taken very quickly, and it's easy to chuckle it off, but this draft was nuts. Where did I whiff? My team is pretty stacked from what I can tell. 4 QBs in the first 14 picks.

As a draft strategy I choose to take players on team that I expect to have high offensive outputs

With this staff I will likely be starting G Tate over Jennings, I just like the Lions offense. But this team is chalk full of offense, from a team perspective. If it sucks, then I lose.

yeah 4 QBs in the first 14 seems a little excessive.

Pierre is pretty worthtless in a non-ppr. I think he'll be in the top 20 RBs in a PPR though (if its 1 full point)

I've taken an approach of drafting only guys from team I think will score or play in weak defensive divisions (NFC North/NFC East)

Everything else will take care of itself.

Week 1

QB Cutler v Buf
RB Ellington v SD
WR Tate v NYG
WR D Thomas v IND
WR R White v NO
WR J Graham v ATL

I love having indoor guys and have drafted that way for the last decade. To get at least 8 games inside is immeasurable, and in the case of NO/ATL, they just add up more. My thought this year is that the NFC East and NFC North are auto play against on defense, should be shootouts galore. Love having offensive weapons in those divisions. NFC South, we get two dome teams, and that grabs my attention as well.

Somehow in this league, 4 QBs went in the top 14, but I got the #3 fantasy QB from last year in the 11th round. I don't get it. That said, he's my backup because I believe Cutler becomes elite this year.

Back