My Pre-Season Plays Thread

Inspekdah

My man, Michael Jordan!
As of 10/22 I just will post my plays in the most recent reply/post to this thread rather than update both this post and the most recent post.

19-15 YTD +13.25 Units

---------------------------
10/21
Celtics -2 11 Units to Win 10 Units
Heat -4.5 2.2 Units to Win 2.0 Units
Hornets -8 1.1 Units to Win 1 Unit

10/20
Knicks +2 5.5 Units to Win 5.0 Units

10/17 Hornets -6 5Xmoney;

Celtics -6.5 5X:seeya:

Warrios -3.5 4X :seeya:

October 16th

Charlotte Bobcats +4 4X *LOSS*:seeya:

New Jersey Nets +2.5 10X *LOSS*:seeya:

Detroit Pistons -4 5X *PUSH*:seeya:

October 15th

Dallas Mavericks -3 5X

Utah Jazz +2.5 5X

October 14th 2-1 +4.5 Units

New Orleans Hornets -7 5X *WIN*

Detroit Pistons -5 5X *LOSS*

Philadelphia 76ers +2.5 5X *WIN*

October 10th

New Orleans Hornets +2 4X (5 total) *WIN*
PK 1X

Atlanta Hawks +2 4X (5 total) *LOSS*
+1 1X

Detroit Pistons -3.5 3X *WIN*

Chicago Bulls PK 3X (5 total) *LOSS*
-2 2X

Boston Celtics -6.5 3X *LOSS*

Ok City +5.5 5X *LOSS*

Ocotber 9th

Utah Jazz -4.5 3X *LOSS*

Houston Rockets -3.5 2X *WIN*

October 8th

Atlanta Hawks +4 3X *WIN*
+3 1X

New Orleans Hornets -2 3X *WIN*

Philadelphia 76ers +5.5 3X *WIN*

Detroit Pistons -8 (missed 7.5 by a second!) 2X *WIN*

Toronto Raptors -6 2X *LOSS*

October 7th

Portland -6.5 3 Units *WIN*

Utah +2 1.5 Units *WIN*

:cheers:

Last edited:
Nice... Portland coming on now... need a strong finish.

Fade them tomorrow, regardless?

not necessarily regardless, but most likely
Golden St will be a strong preseason team working in our new team. Maggette, Marcus, CJ, Wright, Randolph, Turiaf, Belinelli, will get significant time. And I think these guys are way better than some of the players on other preseason teams rosters. Fernandez and Ridriguez are looking good though, and can expect a lot of them 2m. However, 2m likely without Roy and Oden. One thing scaring me is GS always struggles with Portland if I remember right. I'll have more on it in a bit, but yea GS looks like a play 2m

Nice hit yesterday, I was skeptical on the Jazz play, but liked the Blazers.

Anything for today? My only lean so far is with the raptors, sure they just tore up a below average Cleveland squad, but I still expect this new lineup to destroy the Knicks.

I lean that way OSO$.

Yeah been putting discussion type stuff in SF's thread since it's loaded w/ it already... will probably keep this thread to thoughts/plays/leans.

I lean towards NOK w/ all of Indy's injuries and deep PG play on the Hornets... plus they are backed up well at each position... should give a good effort tonight.

Also lean w/ SF on Atlanta and old timer abcs likes Philly..+6... have to look into that a bit more.

Ok... here's what the card tonight looks like...

Atlanta Hawks +4 3X
New Orleans Hornets -2 3X
Philadelphia 76ers +5.5 3X
Detroit Pistons -8 (missed 7.5 by a second!) 2X
Toronto Raptors-6 2X

BOL man. my fault, slept in all day couldnt get info out there. Really like that Atlanta play as you know. Philly i'm kind of shaky on, but they effort should exceed anything Boston players throw out there. Might still add detroit...

Joining my man SF and adding 1 more unit on the late game... 3-1 so far pending the Hawks outcome.

Hawks +3 1X
Hawks +4 3X (already pending)

nice day so far. Mad I didnt pull the trigger on Detroit, but lets cash this Atlanta ticket! Memphis pissis me off

great call on the hornets inspek, played them and had a smaller play on the raps that didn't come though, back again tommorow :shake:

Can't play anything else besides this... been looking for another play all night... Spurs not playing Salim or Thomas and expect Parker/Duncan to play only a quarter, quarter and a half. Adlemen says he wants them to get better and not happy w/ there first go round.

Rockets -3.5 2X

very nice. I've was just waiting all day hoping the line would settle to 3, but it didn't. Houston should handle.

You're a Bulls fan right?

Yeah... just don't know where they'll be first game, coach, etc. Motivation and depth won't be an issue. But they will still be jacking outside shots galore... lol

Can't win them all... 1-1 split down 1.1X... Suns bench outplayed Utah's badly... and we saw a lot of the starters considering they were on the back end of B2B.

Looking over tomorrow's card... I'm impressed with the Knicks depth and effort they gave... I think they all want to get on D'Antoni's good side. When your "garbage" time is being given to Marbury, Randolph, Lee, you have a chance.

I want to take NY, but depth is not really an issue in Philly either. If there is a total on this game at BM, which they didnt put up today for some reason, gotta like the over

Just added...

New Orleans Hornets +2 4X

Atlanta Hawks +2 4X

Both teams are extremely deep and should continue to play their starters 15-20 minutes. Portland, is down about 3 guys including Rudy Fernandez who logged 36 minutes last game. Without him, those minutes will be distributed to even less experienced guys off the bench. Roy, should he play... won't play too much and same with Oden. Like the Hawks here w/ Law leading the 2nd squad off the bench.

Spurs on a B2B? Always a good fade. Especially in the pre-season when they are down their starting C and best scoring threat in Ginobli. Don't expect Duncan to log too many minutes, even though he did sit out last night. On the other side of things... Parker played a good amount of minutes so I wouldn't expect him to see too much time. NO is deep at all positions, meaning they always have experience on the floor. Armstrong looks like he's made some big strides this offseason.

Adding another unit to both bets... strong line movement.

NO PK 1X
ATL +1 1X

Now 5X total on each play.

Damn I'm going absolutely nutty!

Adding 2X (5 total) more on my Chicago Bulls at -2. Shawn Williams was just traded and Tinsley (not playing anyway) is about to goto Denver. Granger is out for the game along with Murphy and Dunlevy. Bulls too deep everywhere to not win this game, even on a B2B.

pacers_logo.gif
0-1
VS

bulls_logo.gif
0-0

The game will be played at Allen County War Memorial Coliseum, Ft. Wayne, IN giving the Pacers what is considered to be home court advantage.

weve-got-game-area.jpg

Starting Lineup for the Indiana Pacers:
3711.jpg
brandon_rush_headshot_08.jpg
3764.jpg
3182.jpg
3260.jpg

Key Reserves:
3948.jpg
3344.jpg

Injuries:
Troy Murphy (Achilles), Mike Dunleavy (Knee), Danny Granger (Left foot), Travis Diener (Left foot), also Stephen Graham will be out again due to what the Pacers are calling "personal reasons"

Keys to the game:
O'Brien pointed out that he didn't like his team's defense, but his biggest problem was with the offense. "We need to push the ball, fill the lanes, move the ball and limit turnovers."

Starting Lineup for the Chicago Bulls:
3710.jpg
1480527.jpeg
3824.jpg
4132.jpg
3602.jpg

Key Reserves:
3820.jpg
3251.jpg
3882.jpg

Injuries:
Joakim Noah (Left eye)

Keys to the game:
This being the first game for the Chicago bulls it will be important for Rose to make his presence known and get the ball to all the scorers Chicago has to offer.

Summary:
This will be the first time Rose and Rush have played one another since the NCAA Champiosnip game. Last year Chicago and Indiana split the season victories 2-2. Both teams winning one at home and one away. However Chicago did get the preseason victory last season giving them a 3-2 series over the Pacers. Chicago has added a elite rookie and managed to bring back Deng, and Gordan. Indiana has a ton of new faces, only having 7 players from last years roster. This should prove to be an uphill battle against a tough Bulls team.

NBA - Oct 10

<table id="790036" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="evenR"><td class="lineColA"><small>4:05 PM</small></td><td class="lineColB"><table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="topRow"><td class="lineNumber">701</td><td class="lineName">NEW YORK </td><td class="lineSpread">+5-110 </td><td class="lineOverunder">o208-110 </td><td class="lineTotal">-</td></tr><tr class="botRow"><td class="lineNumber">702</td><td class="lineName">PHILADELPHIA</td><td class="lineSpread">-5-110 </td><td class="lineOverunder">u208-110 </td><td class="lineTotal">-</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table><table id="790037" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="oddR"><td class="lineColA"><small>4:05 PM</small></td><td class="lineColB"><table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="topRow"><td class="lineNumber">703</td><td class="lineName">DETROIT</td><td class="lineSpread">-4-110 </td><td class="lineOverunder">o183-110 </td><td class="lineTotal">-</td></tr><tr class="botRow"><td class="lineNumber">704</td><td class="lineName">WASHINGTON</td><td class="lineSpread">+4-110 </td><td class="lineOverunder">u183-110 </td><td class="lineTotal">-</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table><table id="790038" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="oddR"><td class="lineColA"><small>4:05 PM</small></td><td class="lineColB"><table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="topRow"><td class="lineNumber">705</td><td class="lineName">CHICAGO</td><td class="lineSpread">-2-110 </td><td class="lineOverunder">o191½-110 </td><td class="lineTotal">-</td></tr><tr class="botRow"><td class="lineNumber">706</td><td class="lineName">INDIANA</td><td class="lineSpread">+2-110 </td><td class="lineOverunder">u191½-110 </td><td class="lineTotal">-</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>
<table id="790039" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="oddR"><td class="lineColA"><small>4:35 PM</small></td><td class="lineColB"><table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="topRow"><td class="lineNumber">707</td><td class="lineName">CLEVELAND</td><td class="lineSpread">+7-110 </td><td class="lineOverunder">o178½-110 </td><td class="lineTotal">-</td></tr><tr class="botRow"><td class="lineNumber">708</td><td class="lineName">BOSTON</td><td class="lineSpread">-7-110 </td><td class="lineOverunder">u178½-110 </td><td class="lineTotal">-</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table><table id="790040" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="evenR"><td class="lineColA"><small>5:05 PM</small></td><td class="lineColB"><table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="topRow"><td class="lineNumber">709</td><td class="lineName">CHARLOTTE</td><td class="lineSpread">+2½-110 </td><td class="lineOverunder">o191-110 </td><td class="lineTotal">-</td></tr><tr class="botRow"><td class="lineNumber">710</td><td class="lineName">MEMPHIS</td><td class="lineSpread">-2½-110 </td><td class="lineOverunder">u191-110 </td><td class="lineTotal">-</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>
<table id="790041" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="evenR"><td class="lineColA"><small>5:05 PM</small></td><td class="lineColB"><table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="topRow"><td class="lineNumber">711</td><td class="lineName">ATLANTA</td><td class="lineSpread">+1-110 </td><td class="lineOverunder">o192-110 </td><td class="lineTotal">-</td></tr><tr class="botRow"><td class="lineNumber">712</td><td class="lineName">PORTLAND</td><td class="lineSpread">-1-110 </td><td class="lineOverunder">u192-110 </td><td class="lineTotal">-</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>
<table id="790042" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="evenR"><td class="lineColA"><small>5:35 PM</small></td><td class="lineColB"><table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="topRow"><td class="lineNumber">713</td><td class="lineName">DALLAS</td><td class="lineSpread">-3½-110 </td><td class="lineOverunder">o190½-110 </td><td class="lineTotal">-</td></tr><tr class="botRow"><td class="lineNumber">714</td><td class="lineName">MILWAUKEE</td><td class="lineSpread">+3½-110 </td><td class="lineOverunder">u190½-110 </td><td class="lineTotal">-</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table><table id="790043" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="oddR"><td class="lineColA"><small>5:35 PM</small></td><td class="lineColB"><table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="topRow"><td class="lineNumber">715</td><td class="lineName">NEW ORLEANS</td><td class="lineSpread">PK-110 </td><td class="lineOverunder">o184½-110 </td><td class="lineTotal">-</td></tr><tr class="botRow"><td class="lineNumber">716</td><td class="lineName">SAN ANTONIO</td><td class="lineSpread">PK-110 </td><td class="lineOverunder">u184½-110 </td><td class="lineTotal">-</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table><table id="790044" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="evenR"><td class="lineColA"><small>6:05 PM</small></td><td class="lineColB"><table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="topRow"><td class="lineNumber">717</td><td class="lineName">MINNESOTA</td><td class="lineSpread">+4-110 </td><td class="lineOverunder">o198½-110 </td><td class="lineTotal">-</td></tr><tr class="botRow"><td class="lineNumber">718</td><td class="lineName">DENVER </td><td class="lineSpread">-4-110 </td><td class="lineOverunder">u198½-110 </td><td class="lineTotal">-</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table><table id="790045" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="oddR"><td class="lineColA"><small>7:05 PM</small></td><td class="lineColB"><table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="topRow"><td class="lineNumber">719</td><td class="lineName">OKLAHOMA CITY</td><td class="lineSpread">+5½-110 </td><td class="lineOverunder">o196½-110 </td><td class="lineTotal">-</td></tr><tr class="botRow"><td class="lineNumber">720</td><td class="lineName">SACRAMENTO</td><td class="lineSpread">-5½-110 </td><td class="lineOverunder">u196½-110 </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

If I had to bet one... it'd be the over in Philly w/ Knicks/Sixers... Knicks really pushing the tempo and the Sixers will have their way inside early with their starters. Should be alot of fast breaks and offensive boards on both sides. Garnett's presence really stiffled Brand early and thus the total seemed low... don't see that here at all.

GL Inspek, definitely liking the bulls after seeing that, as well as the Hornets and Pistons.

Little bit concerned about some of the late line movements in some of these games...

Anyone watching any of these online?

Well the lineups and roster predictions have been completely fucked tonight.

Ok City +5.5 5X

I like their lineup and bench tonight. I waited to see the actual rosters appear online. Should be a close game... don't see the games wearing out Martin. Udrih can't play alot tonight, can he?

BERLIN (AP)—From Beijing to Berlin, All-Star point guard Chris Paul is getting a firsthand look at the globalization of basketball.
Paul, who won a gold medal with the U.S. national team at the Olympics in August, leads the New Orleans Hornets against the Washington Wizards in an NBA preseason game Tuesday in the German capital.
“The game of basketball has grown unbelievably, and Europe has a lot to do with that,” he said Monday. “I just played in the Olympics. I think for a while everyone thought about basketball as an American thing. It seems more and more it’s a world thing.”
Paul had a breakout season in 2007-2008, averaging 21 points and four rebounds a game. He helped lead the Hornets to a 56-26 finish, and the team is considered a contender for the NBA title this season.

<!--Vendor: Turner Inc, Format: IFRAME --><!-- ADSPACE: news/bottom.160x600 -->
<!-- /SIG=150inuh2i/M=698984.13038444.13242775.11248545/D=sports/S=95861899:SKY/_ylt=AsIYsZWiHosHtI0h4825MfyLvLYF/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1224000442/L=pUxqRUwNdHEAhk4fSO.N3gFFlo7oBEj0p5oACVNW/B=BCz7LUwNBmU-/J=1223993242694264/A=5515620/R=0 --><SCRIPT language=javascript>if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object();window.yzq_d['BCz7LUwNBmU-']='&U=13fnsh9as%2fN%3dBCz7LUwNBmU-%2fC%3d698984.13038444.13242775.11248545%2fD%3dSKY%2fB%3d5515620%2fV%3d1';</SCRIPT><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT>
“We feel like we have a championship-caliber team,” Paul said. “We want to come out here and show the fans what we can do. Every time we play we play against these guys it’s a hard-fought game.”
Hornets coach Bryon Scott said he would use the game at Berlin’s new O2 World arena to evaluate players and strategy ahead of the regular season opener against the Golden State Warriors on Oct. 29
“It’s a game we take very seriously, but it’s also a game where we take a look at certain players on our team to see what they can do to help us this season,” Scott said.
Washington coach Eddie Jordan said the matchup was the continuation of a friendly rivalry dating back to when he and Scott spent time together coaching the New Jersey Nets.
“We beat them twice last year, and they won over 50 games. So there is some rivalry,” said Jordan, whose team finished 48-39 last year.
Wizards forward Antawn Jamison, who will sit out Tuesday’s game with a bruised knee, said his team will be ready for the Hornets despite injuries to key players.
“Our question is how vital can our young guys be,” he said. “We need them to produce early on,” Jamison said.
The Wizards and Hornets will play again Friday in Barcelona, Spain.
In other NBA preseason games in Europe, the New Jersey Nets beat the Miami Heat 100-98 in overtime in Paris last week. The Nets beat the Heat 94-92 in London on Sunday.
Scott envisions the NBA playing some regular season games in Europe soon.
“I definitely see players or teams coming over here in the near future,” he said. “It’s inevitable, because of the way the game has grown.”
Jamison agreed.
“The knowledge of the game of basketball—it’s everywhere,” he said. “It just shows you how global NBA basketball is.”
“I love experiencing different cultures,” he added. “Seeing things I haven’t seen before. Every time you go to a different country, I think you owe it to yourself as an individual to see something that you haven’t seen before, to meet different people.
Wizards forward Caron Butler is a particular fan of the bratwurst sausages.
“I do love the brats,” he said. “The brats are real good. I’m a Wisconsin native, and we’re real big on brats. Brats and Polish sausages and stuff like that. To come out here and eat some of the brats is great.”

Look the the box scores for these teams and simply compare 1st and 2nd teams vs. one another. I'll take Mike James, Devin Brown, Posey leading a 2nd team over most of Wash's whole team.

Back