My Pre-Season Plays Thread

New Orleans Hornets -7 5X

Much deeper team here... Jamison out... limited depth available for Washington but the Hornets bench stacked with veterans trying to prove themselves. Paul should play 20 minutes... DD win.

The UNDER looks good here too. Of the 6 games, these teams have played so far only one has gone over 191 (this game's total) and that was NOK vs. Golden State. Hard to see how the Wizards break 90 points in this one.

Pistons -5 5X

Billups is out but so is Tony Parker it looks like... and that's made my decision right there. Detroit much deeper at PG while SAS is not playing for anything. I worried about Parker leading them early to a decent lead... but now... Pistons should finish this game strong and cover.

D'Antoni playing to win these games, Knicks at home, just beat Philly... what gives?

Philly dominated them early and will start to play starters more... I expect them to pound the ball away tonight. Line went from -2.5 to -2 and Knicks seem like a logical play. Now back to 2.5...

I'll ride with Philly. Wish I could just 1H though. But inside with their starters they should be able to set the tone. With the lead, they should play to hold on to it as the Knicks came from behind to beat them.

Philadelphia 76ers +2.5 5X

Dallas Mavericks -3 5X

Very solid play here. Sure... Kidd, Stack, and Dampier are out... but this is a deep team playing for a new coach. They're 3-0 and if you look at their plus/minus breakdowns... Diop when on the court has proven to be superior in every way to Dampier. More Diop tonight, Dirk should play, and Terry has been fantastic thus far. They'll bring him off the bench as he remains in his 6th man role from last season.

Pacers... have all their wing men down and injured pretty much. Don't know who will officially "go" for them. Let's just say TJ Ford was playing 2 guard last game... and OJ Mayo finally made a basket because of how short Ford is....

Carlisle coming back to Indiana... little motivation here for them not to let up.

Wright played 8 mins last game and looked solid... expect more from him tonight.

Did not get this wager in... forgot to confirm bet I guess?

Ah well

2-2 1st quarter.

Last edited:
Tough loss there being up 13 at half and losing by 10.

Detroit Pistons -4 5X

New Jersey Nets +2.5 10X

See Tuck's post. Pistons after a loss going to want to come out strong... and Mavs said they will sit starters who played last night.

just need further clarification detroit because mavs starters are not playing? I thought quote was kidd, stackhouse, etc.. would be playing on thursday

just need further clarification detroit because mavs starters are not playing? I thought quote was kidd, stackhouse, etc.. would be playing on thursday

Kidd, Stackhouse and Dampier should see some action tonight.

I expect Dirk, Howard, Terry and Diop to play little, if at all. It's how Carlisle planned to go about this trip. You will see a heavy dose of Barea, Anothy Wright, etc.

fuckin brutal. Charlotte up 14 at half- then i dunno what happened and we cant cover +4. Billups to the line up 3 but obviously he misses one because he's only a 90% FT shooter giving us the push with the early line. The CDR loses it down two with 5 seconds left to fuck us again. Unbelievable.

No posting as I'm assuming you're feeling as shitty as me. I'm gonna keep pushin at this. Not necessarily 'wrong' plays just ball bouncing the wrong way. GL today spek, as not sure I'll be able to post much today

Brutual. Tough push and Nets just a screwjob.. CDR... piece of...

I'll keep at it... probably smaller though.

I just had a long write-up disappear on me. A recap from last night and the mistakes I've made... anyway. Going to try to get a winner here... picking 55% but down 13 units w/ poor management/ bad beats when I up my bets.

Hornets -6 5X

13-12.... loved Bucks all day but thought late line movement favored Warriors. Was way off there... Bucks won the game SU had they had a working clock.

Took a few days off... and really like what the Knicks have been doing in this pre-season. To beat them this year, the key, is to pound the ball inside and dominate the glass since they have no shot blockers. Nets? Have no one that can do that... make them pay inside like the 76ers did, like the Raptors did with Bosh/JO. Nets did not play Carter but did play Harris 26 minutes last night... they are playing a ton of guys and not really looking to win IMO. Douglas-Roberts sucks and cost me a couple dimes with that swing last game.

Knicks +2 5.5 Units to Win 5.0 Units

14-12 YTD -7.5 Units

Going to try to get out of the red w/ one big wager here. Was on the Celtics -7 last week, but this is a better spot at -2. I think they're favored b/c of the "dog" ATS angle in all of these games that's clipping.

I don't believe Crawford or Richardson are playing... which would leave the Knicks rather on the thin side. They have begun to start using the end of their bench more.

After the incident w/ Bill Walker last game... I think the Celtics give a modest effort to get the win. It is also their last pre-season game so I expect starters to get a modest run.

Celtics -2 11 Units to Win 10

Jamal Crawford will come off the bench so that Stephon Marbury can start at shooting guard on Tuesday.
This is not an October Fool's joke. The Knicks coaching staff is not pleased with Crawford's game on either end of the floor, while Crawford may be pouting about the measley seven shots per game he's getting. They know they can't trade Marbury, so if he'll play defense, he could win the starting SG job and play alongside Chris Duhon.

Ah well.... not bad... some problems there... and Q then should be out? No? Anyway... they pushed Nate, Curry, last night... and Boston's backups should be able to beat the Knicks 1 out of 2 games.

I wouldn't touch the game if I didn't believe the backups should abuse the Knicks in this type of system...

Knicks 12 for 25 from 3 last night... can it last?

I know ihe got bumped out of the starting lineup as well. I assume that might be to give Chandler a start? Q might come off the bench? I don't really care who goes for the Knicks... they all can't play defense but can all shoot the ball from 3... any team focused with big men (I'll even take Davis and Perkins) will have their way inside.

Back end of a B2B, and D'Antoni like I said is much further into his bench in the 4th than in games past...

Will probably add Philly pending some info and will wait to see lineups for other games.

Mavs/Hornets teaser... looks solid as well. Both good pre-season teams @ home. Lean both to cover the # but be safe with the teaser.

This is a very similar situation with Boston this time around compared to the Philly situation a little over a week ago.

New York came in, played their gunners, and gave it everything and got the win vs. Philly. Philly wasn't used to running, guarding 3's, etc. Philly regrouped, went to MSG and took care of them. Right now... it's not like this is the Suns... it's more a gimmick... going to steal some games here and there but like I said... if you've just seen it... adjustments can be made and no way NYK win this game unless they shoot over 40-45% from 3 again.

Probably the right side. Celtics do not play for a week after this game. Shaq and Nash both out today.

Clippers -2.5 4.4 Units to Win 4 Units

Baron/Thomas/Camby... OUT

Suns... though... just played a 58 minute game in which some starters tonight saw 40 or more minutes. Stat didn't start... and played less than 20... don't expect the franchise player to rush back tonight and play more than 25-30 minutes.

Clippers got solid guards with Hart/Gordan/Mobley all capable of running the offense. Davis I believe will come off the bench... Kaman looks ready to play 30+ minutes.

Ok... not betting on average/below average teams missing ANYONE from here on out. Clippers scored 25 points in the 2nd half, 10 in the final quarter... after leading by double digits late in the second.

Still... have made up about 12-13 units in the last few games... hitting for 5, 10, 2, 1.5 and losing on a 4.4 and a 1 last night.

Tonight... automatic fade of Grizzlies with Yag out. Without Miller (trade) and Yag they really have a huge void at a premier scoring position. They went dead last night and couldn't hang any longer vs. Miami... expect Orlando to pull away but the line might be 6 or so?

Pistons should handle Cavs since it's B2B. But again, look for a 6.5 or 7?

howd you figure this line to be orlando -6? I was expecting 7.5 and am real glad to have gotten 6. Miami opened -5 yesterday, so Memphis on a b2b against a better team is 6? Orlando is only -1 over miami without taking into acct the b2b?

If Haslem in a pre-season effort can get 14-13, what can Dwight do in his pre-season finale? Relied on OJ huge last night, can he duplicate it? If he can... will they still lose by 20? Grizz just too young a team right now... and without their all-star caliber type talent in Yag... Milicic and Gasol just too inexperienced/soft to do anything. Magic.. going away.

Let's cash this...

I thought it was a quote from a certain liberal who now sits in that forum all day and nothing else.

Deleted it. My bad.

:cheers::shake:

Portland 1.38 Units to Win 1.25 Units

Lost the teaser w/ SAS stinking it up... but up 12 units on the night otherwise.

Back