Monday's CFB...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Lot going on today so I don't have time for big detailed write-ups on most of these. No real monster plays in any of the early games, anyways...

Lean to Nebraska in the Cotton Bowl. They have a little more motivation than the other team, even though I think they might be a little out-talented. No play, however.

Tennessee is a win away from doubling last season's win total.

The best win for Penn State this year was over Minnesota, and that was only because a bullshit pass interference call kept the game alive.

Against the four big boys on the slate (Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan and Wisconsin), Penn State lost all four and scored just 36 points. Only 12 of those came before the fourth quarter. The Nittany Lions have to try to win this game with defense. But it'll be tough considering the Vols have a decent balanced attack on offense.

The play: Tennessee -3.5 for a small bet

Back shortly with some more!

Happy New Year, may it be a good one for all of us...

:shake:

I'm on Tenn too, though I got 4 instead. No play yet for me either though I may end up taking my Corn. Any thoughts on the total in the Cottton bowl. 47 seems a tad high as I could see either offense getting shut down? That doesn't seem to be the trend in these bowl games this year though.

Good point Cubsker. It does seem too high, but every time I bet UNDER I lose. 0-3 so far these bowls.

Thanks Hunt GL to us...

same thing happens to me rex....

seems i very rarely win an under....

come to think of it...i hardly ever win overs either...

i suck when it comes to totals:hairout:

Happy New Year Rex - hope the Vols start it out right for us. GL on the day!

Sorry for not posting the second set of games, the 1:00s.

I had no real opinions on either of them. I made WV lower but liked their side a lot more than GT cause they can score.

On the other hand, during the Ball Era, it's well documented how GT is a dangerous dog; they always seem to get the cash in these spots. But Ball is out (not a bad thing perhaps, considering how gotdamn awful those last two games were)...

Will try to get involved at halftime...

In the Rose Bowl, I took Michigan plus 1 and even money on the ML in two seperate bets within the last couple of days. The whole world is lining up on Michigan and we are drowned here at the office, so that dampens some of my enthusiasm for the Wolverines.

Oh well. Back with the Fiesta play in a second....

OK, I've got one more big bet on a WAC team tonight. This is my last big bet of the bowl season, so let's make it a good one.

I made Oklahoma just a 2-point favorite over unbeaten Boise State; and that's even with standout tailback Adrian Peterson back from a 7-game stint on the bench with a broken collarbone.

This is a big game for the Broncos - they are representing all of the little guys. Win, and the BCS leagues must stand up and take notice that the Central Michigans and Boise State's and BYU's of the world deserve a little love and should get their cracks at the big boys at neutral spots with neutral officials.

Lose, and lose badly, and it prolongs this bullshit system we've got in place.

Most media seemed to think OU would roll.

Oklahoma tailback Adrian Peterson needs 151 yards against Boise State in Monday's Fiesta Bowl to break the Sooners' career rushing record.

However, only one running back has rushed for that many yards against the Broncos in the past four seasons. The Broncos rank seventh in the nation against the run, allowing 82 yards per game. They have not allowed more than 141 yards in a game.

Peterson averaged 5.6 yards per carry and 155.8 yards per game before breaking his collarbone in the sixth game of the season. He will play Monday for the first time since Oct. 14. But how healthy is he? Will he be able to hang onto the ball? Absorb some hits? He's not been tackled in more than 10 weeks...

The Sooners are well aware of the Broncos' prowess against the run. Nebraska held them to 42 rushing yards in the Big 12 championship game by committing extra defenders to stopping the run, a longtime trait of the BSU defense. The Broncos will finish in the top 16 in run defense for the fifth straight year.

Some say Boise is a product of a weak schedule. Maybe. But come on, give some credit where it's due. All they did all year is win. Not much you can do besides beat the people you gotta play.

This is a ridiculous number and I plan on Boise having a shot to win it outright.

The play: Boise plus 7.5 for a big bet.

One note - I would still take 7 for a big bet. And if you can't do better than 6 1/2 (there are a LOT of 7s, so please look around)... then it's still worth a medium play...

GL!

Great call on Boise Rex, I was very impressed with the coaches choice goingfor 2pter to win it, if I was an 18yr old that would be the coach I would want to play for. THE BRONCOS WON and certainly deserved it!!! It was the best play calling I have ever seen in any level of football and the kids executed perfectly, here is to the Boise coaching staff:bow: :bow: :bow: :cheers:

Back