Monday NBA

SportsNut

Breaking it down briefly
Golden State @ NJ

The Warriors play back to back and 4th in 5 nites. However how can you lay 6 points with NJ at this point..they both just lost SU in Toronto...I said GS cant win on the road but think East teams laying chalk to West teams is sort of ridiculous..

The line just make no sense all I can say is they are probably overadjusting due to the situational aspect. Which GS has already been in and covered...Its GS so you want to take an Over but 212 is high for NJ...

Lean : Warriors +6

New Orleans @ Miami

I get the feel outside of Wade and Paul we shouldnt expect much offense..the number 179 seems low but how can we expect the Hornets to crack 80 or break 85..?? I wouldnt line up to lay chalk with Miami here unless the number dipped...the Hornets are that bad IMo..

<LI class=morehot>Under is 9-1-1 in the last 11 meetings in Miami. <LI class=more>Favorite is 8-3 ATS in the last 11 meetings. <LI class=more>Home team is 8-3 ATS in the last 11 meetings.
Lean: Under 179.5 -105

Sea @ Memphis

Again not sure whose ass they pulled this line from but other then 5th in 7 nites away from the shorthanded Sonics it could only be the Gasol factor.
The Sonics are 5-1 Last 6 trips to Memphis!!

<LI class=morehot>SuperSonics are 12-1 ATS in their last 13 games vs. a team with a losing S.U. record. <LI class=more>SuperSonics are 10-3-1 ATS in their last 14 road games. <LI class=more>SuperSonics are 9-3-1 ATS in their last 13 games as a road underdog.<LI class=morehot>SuperSonics are 6-1 ATS in the last 7 meetings in Memphis. <LI class=morehot>Under is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings in Memphis. <LI class=more>SuperSonics are 16-5 ATS in the last 21 meetings. <LI class=morecool>Underdog is 5-1 ATS in the last 6 meetings. <LI class=morecool>Road team is 5-1 ATS in the last 6 meetings
Sonics are just 1-4 ATS back to back...have to think DOG and Under...

Three other games yet to be lined...

Last edited:
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Nice writeup sports! I hope you had a lucrative Sunday.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The knicks might only lose collins, jeffries and robinson.. not as bad as losing melo and jr smith in my opinion

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Sports- Where are you in New York?</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

SportsNut said:
Would think Utah is 3.5 /4 but probably should be 5 or 6...

I was thinking in the -7 to -8 range, hate road chalk, but the knicks are the knicks and the jazz always play hard to the finish

totally agree with the Warriors and Seattle.

Not sure what those lines are about...

confused.gif

I guess 3/4 is lite when I think about it but NY always seems overvalued..I would say 5 or 5.5 I would seriously be suprised to see more then that...The just dogged Utah in Indy when they shouldnt have and Ny was opened at 3 versus Denver...

SportsNut said:
Went ahead and played the Warriors @ +6 that shouldnt last long..

the last few times ive went with the dog in that # range @ nj, the line has shot in favor of NJ big time (bucks and grizzlies were the two teams if im remembering correctly). i dont know what to make of this game, neither team has been playing very well

xpression syst_m said:
the last few times ive went with the dog in that # range @ nj, the line has shot in favor of NJ big time (bucks and grizzlies were the two teams if im remembering correctly). i dont know what to make of this game, neither team has been playing very well

Those were definitely instances where I said fat line but bad teams...GS is alot better then both of these teams but I know what you are getting at.. I hate to say it but those games NJ really was due..

its a good point but I think last few Vince has struggled and the NJ offense has disappeared...my feeling has been once VC struggled this team would really tank...could be that time..

I think its sort of an overreaction to GS losing to Toronto today, it seemed to be a public fav...which becomes tmrws public fade...

I was just asking bro..... I know its a large ITL community over there.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Sports-The family and I will be passing through your neck of the woods on Tuesday afternoon. We are headed for Hampton Bays for 8 days with my in-laws.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

ontime23 said:
I was just asking bro..... I know its a large ITL community over there.

Yeah...pretty much a mutt though, have a good mix going...have some Norwegian , Spanish , Puerto Rican ...think a sprinkle of English and Irish somewhere...little bit of everything...As you said large Italian community and I was born in Brooklyn and lived there through grade school then the family made the move to SI...still consider myself a Brooklynite , so yeah I have deep Italian roots...SI is basically Hollywood , to much attitude , to much I am better then you type...takes awhile to deprogram yourself...naturally lot of good people here but its basically a mix of what you see on say the Gotti's boyz(if anyone ever watched that) , Sopranos with a little hip-hop gangsta flow mixed in...truly a world in itself...I get the biggest kick that MTV did a True Life episode called I am a Staten Island Girl...have to give SI girls credit though they are all high matience but most are smoking...rule #1 is we have always be tan! I get so much shit from guy friends who arent from here about always being tan...there's only so much deprogramming I can do...

Terpman92 said:
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Sports-The family and I will be passing through your neck of the woods on Tuesday afternoon. We are headed for Hampton Bays for 8 days with my in-laws.

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

hope you enjoy the in-laws...really never made it up to that area, its like a world away...thats one thing I know about groing up in NY we dont travel in our area as much...

:hairout: I know you think Hampton Bays is a world away bro, How would you like to travel 12 hours from 4:45 a.m. to roughly 5:00p.m. My brother-inlaw is a real ASSHOLE. The type that is always unhappy, hates life and loves to make people he's around miserable.:hairout: <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"></TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
SportsNut said:
hope you enjoy the in-laws...really never made it up to that area, its like a world away...thats one thing I know about groing up in NY we dont travel in our area as much...

It would be funny if there was a CTG New Years party or something......it would be funny weird meeting everyone...putting a face to some of these id tags...

See I have mind on what the Fuck do for New Years....single or dating someone I just never enjoy it...not a big fan...though last year the 1st part was good...going to the city at 3 AM and staying at Crowbar till 7 wasnt...not for me at least..

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Sports- I pulled the trigger on Golden State +5.5 I like it as well!</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Xpression did you bet the house on the Red Sox in the 86 World Series?</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

Sorry to hear that doesnt seem like much I can say would be helpful..Hell I cant sit on a plane for 2 hours let alone that drive...Guessing Hampton Bay is a good 2 hours away maybe 3 from me...lets hope you do well for the next 8 days then ...Cause I dont want you snap and chop him up into little pieces...or anything...miserable people are just the worst to be around...

Terpman92 said:
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Xpression did you bet the house on the Red Sox in the 86 World Series?</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

He was like 7!! I hope not!

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">He has aged quite a bit then according to that picture. It's like a reverse Seabass!!!LOL</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

Terpman92 said:
<table id="HB_Mail_Container" unselectable="on" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="100%" width="100%"><tbody><tr unselectable="on" width="100%" height="100%"><td id="HB_Focus_Element" unselectable="off" background="" height="250" valign="top" width="100%">Xpression did you bet the house on the Red Sox in the 86 World Series?</td></tr><tr unselectable="on" hb_tag="1"><td style="font-size: 1pt;" unselectable="on" height="1">
</td></tr></tbody></table>
It's due to my addiction to longshot ML plays, lol:

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="98%"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#99cccc"><td width="22%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Dec 16 12:47pm[/FONT]</td> <td align="left" width="32%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Basketball - Loss[/FONT]</td> <td width="30%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]200.00 to win 2800.00[/FONT]</td> <td align="right" width="15%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]-200.00 [/FONT]</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#99cccc"> <td colspan="4" width="100%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial] 1. Basketball - Wofford - moneyline (+1400)
for the entire game held on Dec 16 at 2:00pm [loss]
[/FONT]</td></tr></tbody></table><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="98%"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#99cccc"><td width="22%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Dec 16 5:12pm[/FONT]</td> <td align="left" width="32%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Basketball - Loss[/FONT]</td> <td width="30%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]200.00 to win 3000.00[/FONT]</td> <td align="right" width="15%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]-200.00 [/FONT]</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#99cccc"> <td colspan="4" width="100%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial] 1. Basketball - Tennessee Martin - moneyline (+1500)
for the entire game held on Dec 16 at 8:00pm [loss]
[/FONT]</td></tr></tbody></table><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="98%"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#99cccc"><td width="22%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Dec 16 6:37pm[/FONT]</td> <td align="left" width="32%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Basketball - Loss[/FONT]</td> <td width="30%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]250.00 to win 4750.00[/FONT]</td> <td align="right" width="15%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]-250.00 [/FONT]</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#99cccc"> <td colspan="4" width="100%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial] 1. Basketball - Philadelphia 76ers - moneyline (+1900)
for the entire game held on Dec 16 at 8:05pm [loss]
[/FONT]</td></tr></tbody></table>
funny thing is wofford was tied with 90 seconds left and the Sixers had a lead with under 4 minutes, but yeah, getting close to huge MLs only to fail has aged me like no other :drink:
<table id="HB_Mail_Container" unselectable="on" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="100%" width="100%"><tbody><tr unselectable="on" width="100%" height="100%"><td id="HB_Focus_Element" unselectable="off" background="" height="250" valign="top" width="100%"></td></tr><tr unselectable="on" hb_tag="1"><td style="font-size: 1pt;" unselectable="on" height="1">

kings are just an abysmal team, might take the road chalk with dallas esp if k-mart is still hurting from his ankle the other night

xpression syst_m said:
It's due to my addiction to longshot ML plays, lol:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="98%" border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#99cccc><TD width="22%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Dec 16 12:47pm[/FONT]</TD><TD align=left width="32%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Basketball - Loss[/FONT]</TD><TD width="30%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]200.00 to win 2800.00[/FONT]</TD><TD align=right width="15%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]-200.00 [/FONT]</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#99cccc><TD width="100%" colSpan=4>[FONT=Verdana, Arial]1. Basketball - Wofford - moneyline (+1400)
for the entire game held on Dec 16 at 2:00pm [loss]
[/FONT]
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="98%" border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#99cccc><TD width="22%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Dec 16 5:12pm[/FONT]</TD><TD align=left width="32%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Basketball - Loss[/FONT]</TD><TD width="30%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]200.00 to win 3000.00[/FONT]</TD><TD align=right width="15%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]-200.00 [/FONT]</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#99cccc><TD width="100%" colSpan=4>[FONT=Verdana, Arial]1. Basketball - Tennessee Martin - moneyline (+1500)
for the entire game held on Dec 16 at 8:00pm [loss]
[/FONT]
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="98%" border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#99cccc><TD width="22%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Dec 16 6:37pm[/FONT]</TD><TD align=left width="32%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Basketball - Loss[/FONT]</TD><TD width="30%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]250.00 to win 4750.00[/FONT]</TD><TD align=right width="15%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]-250.00 [/FONT]</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#99cccc><TD width="100%" colSpan=4>[FONT=Verdana, Arial]1. Basketball - Philadelphia 76ers - moneyline (+1900)
for the entire game held on Dec 16 at 8:05pm [loss]
[/FONT]
funny thing is wofford was tied with 90 seconds left and the Sixers had a lead with under 4 minutes, but yeah, getting close to huge MLs only to fail has aged me like no other :drink:
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 unselectable="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" unselectable="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 unselectable="off"></TD></TR><TR unselectable="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 unselectable="on">

haahaha betting 200 on long shots you must be caked up

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Was there any reason you picked those three over the rest? Those longshot moneylines intrigue me.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

Fucking TV is god awful I am watching a movie called Dr.Chopper...!!

Xpress isnt caked up he is just that good...

Terpman92 said:
<table id="HB_Mail_Container" unselectable="on" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="100%" width="100%"><tbody><tr unselectable="on" width="100%" height="100%"><td id="HB_Focus_Element" unselectable="off" background="" height="250" valign="top" width="100%">Was there any reason you picked those three over the rest? Those longshot moneylines intrigue me.</td></tr><tr unselectable="on" hb_tag="1"><td style="font-size: 1pt;" unselectable="on" height="1">

because I felt:

Wofford had a greater than 6.66% chance of winning
Tenn Martin had a greater than 6.25% chance of winning
Sixers had a greater than 5% chance of winning

I value bet, i have no issues with losing my money on those Wofford and Sixers bets, i'd say they were good wagers even if though they put me in the hole a little. Tenn Martin on the other hand was a horrible bet, they never got their size working against stl and never had a chance from the get-go, that is one I regret making

Hopefully they make a big mistake with that DEN line versus Wash tmrw....have to think any suspensions will be appealed..

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I like it bro, I will probably be online quite a bit more once I get to Long Island. There isn't much to do there in the winter. My son and I will see the new Rocky movie.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

The new Rocky movie looks decent...thank god for the internet...this week kinda sucks though...the bowls start but NFL is useless the next 2 weeks...

damn, wish they would come out with those lines for the remaining 3 games, u think they will hand out the suspensions tomorrow? wiz/denver total should be interesting if all those guys for denver are out and with the wiz coming off their game tonight in la.

that grizz/sonics game is an intriguing one to me (just thinking out loud), sonics have been pretty bad on B2B's this year with their only win coming against the hawks by 1 point. they have been pathetic on this road trip and the last time they lost a nailbiter (to the bucks when ridnour missed the shot to win the game), they came out and got pasted in the 1Q and for the whole game basically by the bulls. this team has lost so many close games this year, not sure what to think, grizz look like they are playing for oden. two defensive minded coaches, but both teams are constantly switching styles, hard to find something solid for this game. thoughts?

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I agree bro, the best christmas vacation I had was when I went to visit my Dad in Cali and we watched every Bowl game and ate cold cuts and drank a few beers.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

on yahoo front page, so most probably seen it, but here's the relevant part regarding the melee the other night:
With so much footage to review and players, coaches and officials to interview, the league probably will need time to make its ruling.
"We don't have timetable for when the decision will be reached," NBA spokesman Tim Frank said Sunday.
Still, it might well come Monday since both teams play that night. The league's policy has been to rule on any suspensions before the teams involved play their next game.

NOT SURE IF MELO CAN APPEAL THE AUTOMATIC 1 GAME SUSPENSION FOR THROWING A PUNCH. ANYBODY KNOW THE EXACT RULE?

xpression syst_m said:
damn, wish they would come out with those lines for the remaining 3 games, u think they will hand out the suspensions tomorrow? wiz/denver total should be interesting if all those guys for denver are out and with the wiz coming off their game tonight in la.

that grizz/sonics game is an intriguing one to me (just thinking out loud), sonics have been pretty bad on B2B's this year with their only win coming against the hawks by 1 point. they have been pathetic on this road trip and the last time they lost a nailbiter (to the bucks when ridnour missed the shot to win the game), they came out and got pasted in the 1Q and for the whole game basically by the bulls. this team has lost so many close games this year, not sure what to think, grizz look like they are playing for oden. two defensive minded coaches, but both teams are constantly switching styles, hard to find something solid for this game. thoughts?

I was trying to kill some time thinking they might...I would think whatever happens to tmrw is subject to appeal . This isnt anything like the det/Indy brawl but the media is on it and that tends to have an effect..So I would think Denver & NY's guys are available...

I myself was trying to figuring that game out earlier. Like you were saying NJ as chalk previosu few times has been tricky and covered. For whatever reason I was able to dismiss that for myself and play GS. Here all along I was think after Sea almost beat DET today hanging a -4 here seems like that are enticng you to take Seattle. However some of these teams have no identity and Sea & Memphis seem to fall into that category. I just mean it always seems like the line attached to them is off...I am asking myself is Gasol possibly inflating the line..??

With Sea 5th city in 7 days has to wear on you but havent paid much attention to the spot ...(generally speaking). Th Sonics leaned heavy on Wilcox and Lewis for 43 minutes each...Collison didnt play much an dnot sure why..? Watson I am thinking if his back is that fucked up is probably still not 100%...As you said poor team in back to backs and this bench is depleted...petro , Gelabale..With Memphis not usre of Swifts availabilty but they have some size which Sea doesnt...Warrick , Gasol , Alexander Johnson now ..there about 8 deep w/o Swift and Stoudamire..

really the more I look at this looks like the spot Memphis ends the fall...I guess -4 looks odd but when you see they were favored to Miami , Atl , Portland..its really not that strange..Grizz made that big comeback vs Milw but they still were about 5.5 w/o Gasol...would probably say they are equal to a MILW team maybe better and SEA caught 5 this week in Milw..

So with the depth issues , Gasol getting more comfortable and a fair line I thin I have talked myself in Memphis...Seattle wont win SU so that should render the points useless...all the grizz injuries have created a solid 2nd Unit IMO...which should wilt the tired Sonics...who might be looking to get home ahead of schedule...

Cant say I know the rule...just gonna let the dust settle and wait...I would expect an afternoon announcement...they are killing a great play!

If anyone cares: playing Under 39 -120 & -124 in Jax and Oakland..have to think GB -3 is the play as well...

Back