Monday NBA

Sea@Mem
IMO, gasol is 10 games or a month away before he settles in or makes an impact... Doctors recommend to play him only 4 mins per quarter as part of his rehab...Memphis' focus would not be on Gasol but on its regulars, Warrick, Miller et al...They also have a disciplined line-up coupled with a great coach. The win-loss record is not that impressive but this team plays good basketball sans their superstar. Problem is, its hard for them to win games, covering the spreads is a different matter.

Its apparrent in this road trip that Seattle now miss Ray Allen. They could have stolen one from the Pistons last night. The b2b could factor in tomorow, I think.

GS@NJ
Warrior's road record reminds me of Washington's early road struggles. Now they have a back to back. 6 is a play safe line IMO, so this is really a wager...same as situational and stat history.

I really don't understand why the Nets suck ass early this season. They have a lot of talent in that team. And what's up with Vince hoisting 10 threes a night? He's better than that...
I really expect the Nets to beat the hell out of the Warriors tomorrow. Warriors are too banged up. Lawrence Frank's job might be in jeopardy and he has to string up some wins ASAP as the season has already been 2 months old. They have to turn it around quick or they might end up in the lottery praying to get Greg Oden lol

I'd say Nets-6 on this one. but am not playin it. Good Luck!

Thinking of poundin' Indy-3 though.

problem is the nets don't care. And they have no semblance of an interior presence. VC could take care of some of that, but as you say......he doesn't.

I like Dallas -3 tonight.Though Arco Arena is very tough place just only 3 teams beat Kings there by four or more points and guess which ones?Utah,Antonio and Phoenix.Three of the four best teams in the West.The fourth is obviously tonight´s opponent.Dallas had 2 walkovers against NO and Phillys so they should be focused nicely for this match.Martin Q-able but he couldn´t even run yesterday so I guess he´ll be limited tonight.And with all these rotation issues I think Kings won´t keep up the pace all game.But, still, Arco is a tough place.Any opinions?

rufdiamond said:
Sea@Mem
IMO, gasol is 10 games or a month away before he settles in or makes an impact... Doctors recommend to play him only 4 mins per quarter as part of his rehab...Memphis' focus would not be on Gasol but on its regulars, Warrick, Miller et al...They also have a disciplined line-up coupled with a great coach. The win-loss record is not that impressive but this team plays good basketball sans their superstar. Problem is, its hard for them to win games, covering the spreads is a different matter.

Its apparrent in this road trip that Seattle now miss Ray Allen. They could have stolen one from the Pistons last night. The b2b could factor in tomorow, I think.

GS@NJ
Warrior's road record reminds me of Washington's early road struggles. Now they have a back to back. 6 is a play safe line IMO, so this is really a wager...same as situational and stat history.

I pretty much agree as far Gasol impact. Its a slow process but I think his presence is helpful. Its a matter of his impact versus the adjusments made in the lines based on his name. Thats what I sort of like is that he is just a piece of the puzzle and they have some depth now. Which I see as there edge in teh game versus a thin Sea squad...

With GS this team has depth but constant injuries have destroyed any consistency they had earlier...they shorthanded and dont play defense which makes it rough on the road...scheduling plays a big role...L3 Houston , SA , Pho before yesterday...

GL

anoraxx said:
I like Dallas -3 tonight.Though Arco Arena is very tough place just only 3 teams beat Kings there by four or more points and guess which ones?Utah,Antonio and Phoenix.Three of the four best teams in the West.The fourth is obviously tonight´s opponent.Dallas had 2 walkovers against NO and Phillys so they should be focused nicely for this match.Martin Q-able but he couldn´t even run yesterday so I guess he´ll be limited tonight.And with all these rotation issues I think Kings won´t keep up the pace all game.But, still, Arco is a tough place.Any opinions?

Basically I agree but hardly ever do I lay road chalk...I would really try and wait till I know Martin's status before I formed an opinion. Mavs only beat one decent team as road chalk in NJ and I thought - 2 was about right here...its a revenge game from 12/1 and Dallas has not played well in Arco oustide of a 10 pt win when Peja was missing..From my standpoint its probably a game that I stay away from as the line is close to where it should be for the most part but I would be looking for reasons to play Sac here if Martin is okay....

Just a game at this team that I dont have a feel on..

What do people think about the 1Q of the NO/MIA game? I think Miami jumps to a big lead against the depleted Hornets. Thoughts?

SportsNut said:
Actaully he was born that way....xpress is younger then me...then again who isnt here...

I'm not Nut. I guess I'm one of the 'old guys' now.......damn it !!!!!

:cheers:

I responded on NJ and was erased...

Basically they just arent good and people have to stop believing they are...

Kidd great PG but cant shoot a lick ...which is why he is great on the Suns, Vince having a great year until past few , and RJ solid player but really doesnt excel at anything...Kristic talented but young and inconsistent...youth off the bench Williams , Adams , and Wright...all hyped but really just young talenet that is adjusting to the NBA....they are inconsistent and really arent players you worry about yet... seasoned vets offer more then this trio

They have no post players they can feed the ball to and they have no one who can shot long jumpers or threes...just what can this team do...??

They are loade with two guards and small forwards who are athletic and cant shot IMo...a poorly constructed team...

Hey Nut - Not sure if you ever play these, but something that has been pretty solid for me lately has been the Over on the Golden State Team Total. Whenever it gets set way up there like above 111 I may sit it out, but when they set the Game Total at a number that dictates the GS Team Total to be below their average ppg it usualy means money.

Nut,
I really like the GS +6 pick and will join you on it. GS have proven themselves on B2B games this season while on the other hand, NJ has proven nothing except the fact that their team has no direction..
I also agree with your east/west comment.
GL tonight

Yes , I do dabble with team totals think I did well this weekend something like 6-0 in them..I know I had over 97 Utah and Under 98 Det yesterday. With most games I do try to cap ranges for the teams...helps me figure out values in the regular game totals..I probably played GS over team in Phoenix...with underdogs they definetly present some value..havent checked is GS 103.5 today..

Oh and if your older then me (32) yeah you are one of the old guys....How does Grandpa CenTex sound..?? I found that funny most of the guys were young cause I would have expected the older crowd to be more diligent in this hobby...guess youngsters and the net go hand and hand..just kidding...age is but a number...

Goopster24 said:
What do people think about the 1Q of the NO/MIA game? I think Miami jumps to a big lead against the depleted Hornets. Thoughts?

Haven treally looked at it and truthfully I am not mcuh more a quarter guy..

SportsNut said:
Yes , I do dabble with team totals think I did well this weekend something like 6-0 in them..I know I had over 97 Utah and Under 98 Det yesterday. With most games I do try to cap ranges for the teams...helps me figure out values in the regular game totals..I probably played GS over team in Phoenix...with underdogs they definetly present some value..havent checked is GS 103.5 today..

Oh and if your older then me (32) yeah you are one of the old guys....How does Grandpa CenTex sound..?? I found that funny most of the guys were young cause I would have expected the older crowd to be more diligent in this hobby...guess youngsters and the net go hand and hand..just kidding...age is but a number...

Well I just happen to be a real Grandpa so it does not hurt that bad.
I'm not a really old guy though.....LMFAO !!!!
I'm 44. Married when I was 16, now been married for 27 years, and have 3 grandchildren.

CenTexGambler said:
Well I just happen to be a real Grandpa so it does not hurt that bad.
I'm not a really old guy though.....LMFAO !!!!
I'm 44. Married when I was 16, now been married for 27 years, and have 3 grandchildren.

I highly respect that...being married so young and making it work...the grandpa comment was more of a joke...sort of like when these college teams have a guy come back to school at like 35 , they automatically call him grandpa cause to a 20yr old...35 is well like grandpa..hence lots of 20 yr olds here...

Its like this you probably do ask yourself do I really have 3 grandkids...me I am always I cant really be 32...can I..?

I did a good job of turning my thread into a General Discussion post thanks to boredom...which is fine by me...just makes it a drag to read...

Anyway lets get back to baskets...

Warriors +6 -110 now(XLarge) ML +235 (Value) with 1unit @ +6.5 -110
See there is a big reason I dont jump in often in baskets the nite before cause generally its useless...Could have waited and probably done better with the line...though totals are abit different issue...

Anyway I know all about GS issues remember I seemed to be the lone soul who saw the value in fading them as Chalk in Toronto..Personally , I could not explain how they decided to makes Tor dogs twice to both of these teams. However I do know that while I see it as a mistake they must be getting enough of flow to justify it. Which is basically me telling everyone trust your instincts...

I am not sold on NJ in general and I wouldnt rush to say these etams are even equal on neutral courts...if they were then NJ in the three or three and a hook region makes sense....6 points makes no sense...as Xpression pointed yesterday its reminiscent of the NJ games where they hosted Milw and Memphis...those lines also looked High but NJ cruised in those...now big difference is GS is much better then those EAST teams..Really I would have NJ as closer to -2.5 in this game cause of GS inability to win away so far...They Warriors played early yesterday which negates the back to back but they are 4th in 5. Which I have said all season this year books have a made a point to over INFLATE the home favs or cheapen the home dogs in this spot...This is why I feel we see 6 here..situational overadjustment...

As I have stated I believe Vince is the only thing keeping NJ from being a bottomfeeder...well past 2 games only 12 a nite and 9 of 38 from the floor...with 2 losses and Boston , Orlando and Miami I think NJ is the weakest link....now GS allowed Tor 10 of 20 from three but can NJ duplicate that..?? if Vince is hitting from deep who is ...I truly think the have the opportunity to keep this line at 6 cause the action was mainly on GS yesterday in Tor and those folks have jumped ship and think NJ is teh way to go...but winning and correct spreads are different topics IMo..hopefully the GS bencj gets a little more work here...Now GS has lost I believe about 8 straigt in NJ but the Nets have been a strong home team for how many season versus all those sub 500 GS clubs...GS is now 3-3 after the brutal beatinsg they took in HOU and SA...all those losses were by 5 points which only means they were competitive...

Really not into this total cause it sets up as UNDER IMO. GS on back to back will not be as up tempo IMO , they know that defense was the issue in Tor and have spoken about it..., and Vince is struggling past two...but the flip is the Nets did match Phoenix when they came to town...

Under 180.5 -102 Heat (Medium) (wait here as well)
Both teams really have only 1 guy who can score the ball Wade vs Paul...
Really cant say I have anything other then a feel here...Hornets for the most oart struggle on offense lately 7 of 10 for the Hornets have seen less then 80 points...which simple math would then tell you Miami would need a 101 which they have allowed in only 3 of 10...Not crazy about alying points despite the fact NO is really struggling...

Miami has played UNDER 9 of 12 at home and I did play the over versus Memphis cause I see them with more offense then Hornets have at this time and that snuck over by 4 points...

Memphis -4 -110(wont get cheaper) (Large)
Talked about this game a bunch already and it seems Seattle in thos back to back spot i sthe perfect team for Memphis to get off the snide. The Grizz due to injuries have developed a deeper team and Seattle due to injuries is relying on a short bench..Memphis is fairly big which I think will give Sea some trouble here...I do think playing there 5th in 7 days away will take its toll here....I actually really like an Under here bit thinking about approach...95-87 type game...??

Still looking at those last 3 games...

have to look at Under 195 NYK or team Under NYK , think Den +3 is interesting and Under there as well , and leaning towards Sac andUnder if Martin plays

Last edited:
Not sure what you're playing tonight in the NFL, but thought I'd drop this by in case you haven't seen it. By the way your comment on Saturday in my thread about never having a post that says only one play today was hilarious. I didn't want to respond in it and bring it back to the top, but I found it quite funny when I read it this morning. Anyways:

The Colts are not expected to have safeties Marlin Jackson (shoulder), Antoine Bethea (shoulder) or Bob Sanders (knee) on Monday night.

It appears usual full-time special teamers Matt Giordano and Dexter Reid will man the free and strong safety positions, respectively. Seventh-round cornerback T.J. Rushing has been taking practice snaps at safety and could see action as the top backup. This could be a major problem for the Colts as they prepare for Cincinnati's deep passing game

JPicks said:
Not sure what you're playing tonight in the NFL, but thought I'd drop this by in case you haven't seen it. By the way your comment on Saturday in my thread about never having a post that says only one play today was hilarious. I didn't want to respond in it and bring it back to the top, but I found it quite funny when I read it this morning. Anyways:

The Colts are not expected to have safeties Marlin Jackson (shoulder), Antoine Bethea (shoulder) or Bob Sanders (knee) on Monday night.

It appears usual full-time special teamers Matt Giordano and Dexter Reid will man the free and strong safety positions, respectively. Seventh-round cornerback T.J. Rushing has been taking practice snaps at safety and could see action as the top backup. This could be a major problem for the Colts as they prepare for Cincinnati's deep passing game

Thanks J..was actually writing up the MNF game...I knew Bethea was doubtful and Sanders was OUT. When did Marlin Jackson get injured though...that would be a concern...

Certainly could be a major problem and make the Over look atttractive..

I can find 5 plays in 1 game...LOL..

You are correct but outside of the safety changes not much else is different from the last meeting so I will not let it change my mind...

When the Colts share the prime-time stage with Cincinnati tonight in the RCA Dome, their answer to quarterback Carson Palmer and the Bengals' versatile, vibrant offense will be a 10th different starting defensive lineup. The latest round of injuries has opened the door for safety Matt Giordano to make his first career start and safety Dexter Reid to make just his third start, the first since 2004.
"No one cares, I guess,'' Pro Bowl defensive end Dwight Freeney said.
All anyone cares about, all that matters, is that whomever is asked to play, plays and plays at a high level. That comes from the top, from coach Tony Dungy.
"That's what he, in a way, demands from his players,'' Giordano said. "When one person goes down, the other person goes in there and plays with the same intensity and the same confidence and plays well.''

Let it ride I guess...I need Palmer and Chad to lit it up for fantasy and Wayne to be average...have Graham as well and he has Cincy DEF!...

Additional thoughts:

Knicks +8.5 -110 (Medium) ML +305 (value)

The possibility of only 2 guards for tonite is worrisome but its not like Q.Richardson has been ruled out. I dont see how Nate Robinson , Jeffries are worth 3 points..?? I said yesterday that this line should be about 5 or 5.5 and thats where it opened...now 7.5 some places 8 seems high...

Marbury off his best game of the year and I would be SHOCKED if NY doesnt play inspired ball...Totally misperception here...got 8.5 and will probably go with DEN +4.5.....

Last edited:
More:

Nuggets +4.5 -110 (Med or Large) ML +150 (Value)

With Melo and JR Smith out I think they lose 48 ppg but gain 36 shots...clearly Miller , Boykins and Camby will be asked to do more...which I think is a plus....they need Diawara , Reggie Evans guys of that nature(Joe Smith possibly)....to really contribute...

Good luck on your plays tonight Sportsnut. I definitely don't like my Sonics bet as much now that I see you're on Memphis.:shake:

macdamn said:
Good luck on your plays tonight Sportsnut. I definitely don't like my Sonics bet as much now that I see you're on Memphis.:shake:

Yeah , tough spot for Seattle IMO...end of the trip , b to b , 5th game in 7 days. Most importantly though with a short roster...While Memphis looks odd as chalk its what they have been last few games anyway..not a real strong card though....think Memphis wins and that leds be to laying the points...GL

it doesnt matter whos in the secondary for the colts tonight it just cant get any worse. maybe the new guys bring a liitle more intensity and swagger to the defense.... go colts

Pretty much what I was thinking BT. Sure the 'names' will be missed but there level of play hasnt actually impressed ..so maybe change is good..or maybe its scary the backups to the guy are playing...will find out soon enough

Tonite:

Warriors +6 -110 (XLarge) ML +235 (value){last unit @ +6.5-110} Loss -6.00

Knicks +8.5 -110(Medium) Win +2.00 ML +305 (Value) W (net +2.77)

Under 180.5 -103 Heat(Medium) Loss -2.06

Grizzlies -4 -110 (Large) Win +4.00

Nuggets +4.5 -110 (Medium) Win +2.00 ML +150 (Small) WIn +1.5 & +4.5 -110 (Small)Win +1.00

Lean :
Kings +4 -110
Under 189 -105 Memphis

NFL:
Colts -3 -121 (Large)

Lean:
Over 27.5 -108 1st Half

Last edited:
2nd Half

Warriors +6 -110 (Small)L-1.10
Under 109 -117 (Medium)W+2.00

Hate getting a total less the the originally when I play under but these eams will struggle IMO in the 2nd Half...shot selection is abysmal....

Over 101 -115 NYK (Medium) Win +2.00
NYK +6 -109 (Small) Win +1.00

Really sluggish 2nd Quarter cause Utah couldnt hit anything...

Under 90 -108 NO (Small) Win +1.00
NO +7.5 -115(Small) Loss -1.15

Thought about NO hard before tip , blew the total but 117 pts?? Big believer in who ever seizes control of the game before half walks away the winner.....

Last edited:
ROY29 said:
Why is the second half total so low in Heat/hornets game

The game total is only 180..they halves are slightily adjusted usually but you always expect it be in the realm of half... half of 180 is 90...where it should be

I am thinking Martin plays but either way its Kings or pass...

Really have looked at this game much today...I make most of my decisions from where Ifeel the line should be versus where it is I dont see why Dallas is 4/4.5 points here...Bibby was the weak lin vs Phoenix that held them back , will he go 0-7 from three again..doubt it...vastily different game if he hits 2 of those 7 misses...

Sac has revenge , have won 3 of 5 including a 2 pt loss @ home in the series ...think Sac suprises here with another good effort to keep it close..the only decent team DAL beat as road chalk was NJ..

Not helpful but I guss the bottomline is its a bad line...your playing Dallas here and your paying to much IMO..

The Farm said:
GS really fucked us hard.. nice fourth quarter

baskets is rough...they play 3 great quarters and in less then 6 minutes its erased...

Hopefully Memphis pulls a miracle

Really not interested the UNDER would be better...Wash already didnt show up for the 1st Half why would they in the 2nd H..off and OT win in LAL?? Since I am on Denver I am sitting tight...

It's going to be interesting to see these guys for Denver that arent' use to getting minutes play deep into the game. I think Karl pumped their head up for the 1st h and Was cam out a little over confident probably.

I would hate to have a close game with certain guys not used to be in the position of sealing a game for me. However I just dont understand the concern for Denver...?? They have a bunch of solid players to lean on...two all stars in Camby and Miller and a ton of solid role players from Boykins , Joe Smith , Linas Kleiza , Najera , Evans on down...everythings about opportunity...they didnt make the NBA without skills...

Evans, Kleiza, Najera, and even Smith even thought he's been solid in Denver are all average and some are below. I wouldn't want to have those guys in the game in the 2nd half and even taking key shots. Boykins is very inconsistent hence the playoffs last yr when teams backed off him and dared him to shoot.

Back