Monday discussion

dstang26

Pretty much a regular
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 width=540 bgColor=#cccccc><TBODY><TR><TD class=dataheader width=540 colSpan=10>NBA
Monday, March 9th</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datasubheaderleft2 width=35>Time</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=40>Gm #</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=120>Team</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=75>Score</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Opener</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Hilton</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>5Dimes</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>ABC Island</TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>03/09
4:05p</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>501
502</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team> NEW ORLEANS
ATLANTA</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>1
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>1½
189 </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>1½
189 </TD></TR><TR class=scores-greybg><TD class=scores-greybg-left>03/09
4:35p</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>503
504</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team> ORLANDO
DETROIT</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>1
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>187
pk </TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>1
187 </TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>03/09
4:35p</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>505
506</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team> CHICAGO
MIAMI</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>205
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>204½
5 </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>205
5 </TD></TR><TR class=scores-greybg><TD class=scores-greybg-left>03/09
5:05p</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>507
508</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team> WASHINGTON
MINNESOTA</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>201½
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>202
3½ </TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>201½
3 </TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>03/09
6:05p</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>509
510</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team> HOUSTON
DENVER</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>198½
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>199
3½ </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>
</TD></TR><TR class=scores-greybg><TD class=scores-greybg-left>03/09
7:05p</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>511
512</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team> LA LAKERS
PORTLAND</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>3
203½
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>2½
204 </TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>2
203½ </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited by a moderator:
]03/09/09 401 Hornets(NewOrleans)
OFF -1.5 Over 189
Matchup
19:10 ET 402 Hawks(Atlanta)
OFF +1.5 Under 189

03/09/09 403 Magic(Orlando)
OFF 0 Over 187
Matchup
19:40 ET 404 Pistons(Detroit)
OFF 0 Under 187

03/09/09 405 Bulls(Chicago)
OFF +5 Over 205
Matchup
19:40 ET 406 Heat(Miami)
OFF -5 Under 205

03/09/09 407 Wizards(Washington)
OFF +3 Over 201.5
Matchup
20:10 ET 408 Timberwolves(Minnesota)
OFF -3 Under 201.5

03/09/09 411 Lakers(LA)
OFF -2 Over 203.5
Matchup
22:10 ET 412 Blazers(Portland)
OFF +2 Under 203.5

Anyways sorry again but for those that can actually read the above I really like:

1. Miami to bounce back at home with Deng and Hinrich banged up. Wade got kicked out in the final minute of his battle with Lebron and without Deng I don't see anyone from Chicago shutting him down. I see flash taking out his rage on the Bulls who are weak on the road to begin with.

2. Hawks always tough at home. Still don't seem to be getting the cred. In the line though. Hard for me to pass on them as a pick em.

3. Lakers may be a big sucker bet but they do usually handle Portland well. My only concern is does Phil still have them focused to win games like this when the West is wrapped up?

4. Assuming Denver can handle their biz ands make a 2nd half comeback to beat Sac I like Houston to beat them or at least cover the 4.

5. Finally: not sure what 2 make of Pistons/Magic. I know the Pistons own them and Magic willbbe off the emotional win at Boston but how does revenge factor in here? Hoping b.a.r has some thoughts as he's been $$$ on Pistons basketball lately...

Orlando Magics off a nice win @ Boston.. Detroit coming off a loss against ATL. i like Orlando in this situation , revenge game.. from when Detroit took one on the road. Magics 9-1 ATS revenging a loss from opponent. Magic PK here

3. Lakers may be a big sucker bet but they do usually handle Portland well. My only concern is does Phil still have them focused to win games like this when the West is wrapped up?

The West is wrapped up. The best record in the NBA is NOT wrapped up.

Anyways sorry again but for those that can actually read the above I really like:

1. Miami to bounce back at home with Deng and Hinrich banged up. Wade got kicked out in the final minute of his battle with Lebron and without Deng I don't see anyone from Chicago shutting him down. I see flash taking out his rage on the Bulls who are weak on the road to begin with.

2. Hawks always tough at home. Still don't seem to be getting the cred. In the line though. Hard for me to pass on them as a pick em.

4. Assuming Denver can handle their biz ands make a 2nd half comeback to beat Sac I like Houston to beat them or at least cover the 4.

5. Finally: not sure what 2 make of Pistons/Magic. I know the Pistons own them and Magic willbbe off the emotional win at Boston but how does revenge factor in here? Hoping b.a.r has some thoughts as he's been $$$ on Pistons basketball lately...

Not sure if I will play this game. There is one thing eveident though. Detroit is in the heads of the Magic. I think this is a pivotal matchup for the Magic to win due to a possible playoff preview. The intangible side is right there. The negatives for Orlando is Detroit doesn't have to double Howard much. Wallace plays him better than anyone in the league. That means there are not as many open three-pointers for a team that thrives on them. Also, a b2b situation off a nice revenge win in Boston. If I have any additional thougts I'll post them tomorrow.

Lakers may be a big sucker bet but they do usually handle Portland well. My only concern is does Phil still have them focused to win games like this when the West is wrapped up?

Best record will most likely come down to last handful of games I would guess.

just like the other night for the wizards, if butler plays i will take the over..

First glance real interest in Chicago on the better team getting points when operating on triple revenge theory. A lot has happened since the last time these teams met. Miller and Salmons play for the Bulls and Marion is in Toronto while Jermaine is in Miami.

jermaine is done....salmons is fitting in well getting 40 minutes last game, miller 28, bulls have the roster...

I am not sure what to think about La in Portland but regarding what does look like a low total I think the line maker is looking at a recent under tendency in LA and a tendency for Portland playing at home against good teams to have very low scoring games.

Worst third in 4 would be you play a game, have a day off, play a game and then have to play a game. As opposed to playing 2 games and then having a day off and then playing a game. Any time you had a day off before your next game is not a worst variety.

Sorry for no responding to the Sunday discussion thread especially Killa. Just was busy today .

Anyway Monday ..

NOH @ ATL: While the Hawks won vs Det it wasnt impressive . For me it was the rare "perfect" game where I played Det 1st Half , ATL 2nd H and the 1st H under cashing all three. So with NOH playing as well as they have not sure ATL can sustain these typical slow starts . Especially since in NOH hot stretch here most of it shows they juming out to big leads and coasting ....ATL won @ NO earlier this year so expecting a hot NOH to look to start fast ...Interested in NO 1st half perhaps full game and the under 189 ...scary thing is NOH are 11-4-2 OVER the past 17 away games and ATL is basically an under team at home lately (6-2-1 Under I believe)so something will give..

HorrorRoadBulls @ Miami : Probably a side I stay away from . Hating on the Heat for fouling down 8 with 10 seconds last game which I luckily at least had +10 on. I wonder what the last 2 games have taken out of Miami . Nice road battle @ Tor they win and they have to play @ CLE next day which 1st Q was ugly but Miami played solid after that . Remember before the break now former Heat Shawn Marion scored as the clock expired to win @ CHI..Heat won both meetings so far in a series that Chi was playing well in until recent meetings . Deng should be available if he was as close as they said last game because he had 2 more days off. Hinrich ?? Miami hosts Boston after this as well. The heat are playing alot of OVERS at home while Chi offense struggling past few away dont think they cracked 95pts. Huge difference in the total with some player shuffling since the last meeting just weeks ago..I look for Bulls to take at least 1 half in this game which isnt rocket science. So probably looking at the 1st H Bulls and wouldnt be afraid to play them 2nd H with the possibility of looking ahead to Boston for Miami if they happen to be up double digits ..

ORL @ Det : Well Pistons own the Magic so another huge game IMO for the Magic especially since DET rallied on them a few Fridays back..I think I definetly like the over because expect a battle here . Pretty sure I want to play ORL 1st Half because I feel like ORL wants to start fast and set the pace in a place it struggles . However somewhat concerned they had to hold on in Boston but simply think the magic were in Det a few hours to early (mentally checked out )..for the total one could Say DET clicked in NewOrl which I agree but since they started winning at the half in ORL the offense has picked up just as much ss the defense. They scored 50 in the 2nd H @ Orl , 105 @ Boston , 100vs Den which they started slow trailing by 10 at half , 108 vs GSW (routine I know ..) before the 83 @ ATL....

Wash @ Minny : Looking at the over but concerned about who is healthy and offense effeciency lately for the two. Now I attribute the offense downturns for each due to Butler's absence and some other Wash minor injuries and Minny losing Telfair and going to Ollie but also missing Foye at times ..Wolves past 10 games allowed 110 + 6 games , 104 -105 2 games , 102 and 95 which was actually the last game..Wolves have stilled played 5 straight unders while Wash had played 5 straight unders before Dallas...Really if we look @ Wash L10 games and we take away the games with SAS and the suddenly STOUT defensive OKC team and we see a WASH team scoring ..above 103+ in 4 games and 98 , 93 and 89 the rest ...tough to pick a side in this one ..guess would lean Minny but hate laying points but these guys have 9 straight losses..

Houston @ Denver : The way these teams are playing I kinda feel like this should be closer to a PKem. Nuggets are running on empty IMO after a rough stretch and outside of the LAL win at home there play has not be good past 7 or so games . This is a 4th in 5 days and both teams b2b but Houston coasted AGAIN while DEN was playing its starters in an attempt to win @ SAC which they never lead.... Martin DNP again and this is important IMO..Probably look at 1st H Under then 2nd H over ......clearly lean HOUSTON ....

LAL @ Portland : Dont think either team showing much but clearly LAL is playing better coming in IMO ..However this line is off IMO . Could see maybe making LAL -1.5 but really think PKem is fair so -2.5 is high IMO...LAL will have had 2 days off and is 8-1 SU in that situation and I am sure they know they have struggled @ Portland . So I do see the emphasis they will place on this game..on th efence here to be honest so waiting to what the line does...Port had won 7 or 8 straight ATS when facing LAL until past few meetings this season which LAL coasted ..total is also tight IMO because I want to see if LA plays better defense with 2 days off ..LAL offense seems to be dead recently minus Kobe and Gasol ...

:cheers:

I am not sure what to think about La in Portland but regarding what does look like a low total I think the line maker is looking at a recent under tendency in LA and a tendency for Portland playing at home against good teams to have very low scoring games.[/quote]

That stands out to me as well..:shake:

Something that does not bode well for Portland is that over the last 3 years when the Lakers played at Portland it was always in a stupid spot. They were playing b-b or on 1 days rest usually during a tough point. This is not.
I am certain that the horrific display by Portland last game was based on sheer nerves thinking about this game. They know how badly they have been playing and know what a tremendous let down it would be for the people of Portland if they lost to the Lakers and they are scared out of their minds that they will disappoint them. This is not a good spot for them but you will see a different team on Monday. This will be a very tough game to decide on and any bet on any side should be small here.

Some ways leaning LAL but dont want to jump the gun. Agree very much with Tuck in that previous meetings LAL was always in a bad spot and when I look at Portland I dont see much vs good teams at home. The Minny game doesnt bother so much as their last 3 games ..

One could say INDY is not a good road team and despite playing well recently looks like a blemish on Portlands play . If you dont agree think of how Portland in a similiar situation went to Denver and did not fare well . Portland is a solid team but not a very good road team and did exactly what was expected . Lose and fail to cover and a line that was far from cheap.....

So waiting till tmrw because I dont want to see 88% on the world on LAL as road chalk either ..
:shake:

Portland struggling a bit @ home nailbitter with Indy ..2 point win against minny... idk toss up with me on LAL tomm...somethings not right

I don't think Laker betting % will fall under 75%. Will the Portland sharps be able to counteract the Laker public avalanche.

I don't think Laker betting % will fall under 75%. Will the Portland sharps be able to counteract the Laker public avalanche.

I am not actually concerned with specific %s more of the LAL is so easy mentality is what scares me. People get to caught up looking at each game % in a world where vegas doesnt actually make much off sports betting . I'll bet based on the situation and where the line falls. Sometimes you need to wait to see what the betting market is saying about a game.....Just in case anyone thought I was serious...:shake:

DETROIT DETROIT DETROIT DETROIT DETROIT DETROIT

There's only 1 reason I can see anybody would think Orlando cares about this game, and that would be the logic that goes - because Orlando beat Boston it's ressurrected their belief they can win the 2nd seed place over Boston in the EC standings now they're only 2.0 games out.

Orlando has games against CLE (h & a), UTH (h), HOU, MIA & ATL (all a), 3 each against the Bucks & NYK (1 or 2 bound to be losers), NJY (a, barely beat them at home recently) amongst their remaining games. Boston faces 10 teams with losing records, and 3 teams w/barely winning records at home. they have only 3 tough games left - SAS (h), CLE (a) & ORL (a). I find it hard to believe the Magic realistically holds the thought they can beat out the Celts for the 2nd seed.

If Orlando doesn't believe that, then they're resigned to finishing with the 3rd seed, because their dropping to 4th place is essentially impossible. Which means that they're beyond being motivated by any external factors regarding the winning of any particular game.
However, Detroit is capable of gaining at least the 5th seed at Miami's expense (Detroit currently 1.5 games behind). This season Orlando is 2-1 vs Miami, and 0-2 vs Detroit. Who do you think they would prefer to face as the 3rd seed matched up against the 6th seed? they would know Detroit has 2 games left against Miami this season, as they would know Miami faces 9 road games out of their next 12 played (holding as they do a losing (.400) road record this season). I don't think they'd fear facing Detroit in the first round, but would anyone submit they wouldn't prefer to face Miami?

Detroit's hiccup at Atlanta is easily explained. Off 4 wins, 3 tough ones (incl. 2 at the end of a 5 game road trip), facing a team off innumerous road games themselves looking to wipe away losing form with a good HC record. No shame in that result. But for a team that's just tasted winning form after a long 8 game losing streak, it doesnt smell like a spot where they'd care to go straight back to losing, esp. as they get to play in front of their own fans. No AI is simply the icing.

I said in yesterday's thread that Orlando had a specific reason for turning up against Boston that had nothing to do with the standings. Now they know they can win in Boston they have nothing to fear holding down the 3rd seed to end up facing Boston in the playoffs w/out HCA. Here they have a reason for not turning up that has everything to do with the standings. The only question is, have they written off their hopes of gaining the 2nd seed.

Some good points BC. I think motivation goes beyond playoff seeding though. All good teams have good players and good athletes . Whenever you have a challenge you want to rise up because thats what good teams/players do . To further anytime one good team loses to another there certainly is some degree of focus the next meeting for the losing team . Call payback or revenge whatever but anytime you lose that provides motivation...

Problem with DET is they havent had a break from tough games . Its been one after another . I also think they caught ORL off guard the 1st meeting , caught Boston in a good spot a team who is clearly picking it spots these days and they beat a declining DEN team but also trailed by 10 at half . Not ready to qualify DET as a good team again . They are a nice veteran squad who know how to play ball but they have shortcomings .

Now Orl doesnt beat DET and doesnt play well in DET . They could matchup vs them in the playoffs so that is possibly motivating ..oh wait they did already last year and DET eliminated them plus now beat them twice this year ....

Cant believe this game means less to ORL then Det . Teams can coast when they have injuries and are shorthanded but what terrible coach would allow his players to punt games healthy with 20 to play ? Especially teams like ORL who have nothing to really build a reputation off . Boston and LAL they won championships recently they can afford to coast at times for many reasons . What has ORL done ?

Wouldnt doubt an improving DET team enough to pound ORL but certain see motivation on ORL side not DET . That 2nd H @ Boston had alot to do with this game on deck IMO:shake:

Problem with DET is they havent had a break from tough games

Detroit got a rest game vs GS. ORL caring about Detroit at this point? it still maybe too far away from the end of the season for them to giftwrap a game, but I don't believe any external motivation exists for them to get up again here. 3rd in 4 where their 2 previous games (NJY, BOS) have been tough ones and they're playing for nothing they dont already have (3rd seed). Detroit is 1 game over .500, they're 30 games over .500. The need to put down any bogey man obviously isn't there. But no doubt if they came to play Detroit will have their hands full.

Got a couple in, waiting on a couple others:

Orlando pk- 3 units: Their motivation on this game has little to do with the seedings. Detroit embarassed them again and payback is due. Dwight should take this one personally and orlando does well in vengeance spots, cant find the stat, but they do well. Detroit not only beat them, but Orlando ended detroit's losing streak being forced to read headlines of: Magic Cure for Detroit woes, etc. cannot be fun. Imagine dwight reading this, continuing on to read about how he cannot get past Rasheed Wallace and Sheed gets into his head (its true, but still). Matchup nightmare for Orlando, but I think they will this one to victory. No doubt, Detroit has been playing amazingly well, ironically or not since AI left, but I just dont think they get it done here. Lando should go back to the 3-5 pick and roll with hedo and Dwight that Detroit has had trouble guarding in the past, and tear them apart.

Detroit has been beating us for I don’t know how long,” said forward Rashard Lewis. “It’s time for us to go up there and get a win.”

The Magic, still in the hunt for the best record in the Eastern Conference, closed to within two games of the Celtics after the victory Sunday and to within three games of Cleveland. If they finish third, the Magic might see the Pistons as a potential No. 6 seed in the first round.

“We have to get the Mouse off our backs,” said veteran point guard Anthony Johnson. “We have to let these teams know we’re serious contenders and bring down their confidence level.”

after the last game last week:

Orlando coach Stan Van Gundy was more than frustrated after the latest loss, saying his team is “a long way from being able to beat” Detroit and has to find a way to “get tougher.”

“One thing is you get tired of getting your (butt) kicked,” Van Gundy said. “It’s like the kid on the playground whose getting beat up all the time and he takes it and runs home. At some point, enough’s enough, and he stands up for himself.”

If they needed more motivation, the standings race can be a plus, although I'm not depending on it. They are only 2 games back of Boston and KG is out another week or two. You think after smashing Boston they dont believe they can catch up?

Hedo says: “It was big for (us) to see where we are for the playoffs,” said Magic forward Hedo Turkoglu, who scored 16. “It’s not just a team that we want to catch. It’s a team that we want to beat.”

Orlando cannot go into the playoffs without having shown detroit they're not gonna be fucked with. And I think they make a statement today

Miami -5- 2 units
Simple fade of Chicago on the road and taking a mad Wade. We know in a tight game, Wade's juices come out in the 4th to take over. Imagine that from the tip and I think we have the Wade we'll see today. I read someone say Chicago is the better team. Of course that is opinion, but the numbers do not suggest that. Chicago may have had a little celebration for getting that 8th seed, and if you've seen the league enough, its pretty common that once a team grabs their goal, they lose it soon after. Its harder to stay on top than it is to get there (as much as "top" can mean for an 8th seed). Miami still fighting for the 4th seed and they're close. This is still a 10-23 road team facing a 21-11 home team.

will probably get a unit down on New Orleans and Portland as well at some point when I think the lines will move. Wanna look a bit more

I find the notion that Chicago is better than Miami to be frankly absurd. If we were to poll every coach in the NBA with the question, "Who would you rather face in the playoffs, Chicago or Miami?"... how many would answer "I'd prefer to deal with Wade, thanks."

No contest. It's about the playoffs and the Bulls don't have one player who can strike fear in the hearts of better teams like Wade can.

have added
New Orleans -2- 1 unit
Portland +3 (-120)- 1 unit

Praying for a 1 pt buzzer beater W for Lakers. that would be very very nice

I find the notion that Chicago is better than Miami to be frankly absurd. If we were to poll every coach in the NBA with the question, "Who would you rather face in the playoffs, Chicago or Miami?"... how many would answer "I'd prefer to deal with Wade, thanks."

No contest. It's about the playoffs and the Bulls don't have one player who can strike fear in the hearts of better teams like Wade can.[/quote
Wade is a legitimate superstar. Chicago has no superstars. So the statement is obviously correct. The conclusion is far from obvious.]

This is something I probably should have mentioned 02/21/2007 Playing at the Lakers, Portland won 112-108. The Lakers have not forgotten this game.

DETROIT DETROIT DETROIT DETROIT DETROIT DETROIT

There's only 1 reason I can see anybody would think Orlando cares about this game, and that would be the logic that goes - because Orlando beat Boston it's ressurrected their belief they can win the 2nd seed place over Boston in the EC standings now they're only 2.0 games out.

Orlando has games against CLE (h & a), UTH (h), HOU, MIA & ATL (all a), 3 each against the Bucks & NYK (1 or 2 bound to be losers), NJY (a, barely beat them at home recently) amongst their remaining games. Boston faces 10 teams with losing records, and 3 teams w/barely winning records at home. they have only 3 tough games left - SAS (h), CLE (a) & ORL (a). I find it hard to believe the Magic realistically holds the thought they can beat out the Celts for the 2nd seed.

If Orlando doesn't believe that, then they're resigned to finishing with the 3rd seed, because their dropping to 4th place is essentially impossible. Which means that they're beyond being motivated by any external factors regarding the winning of any particular game.
However, Detroit is capable of gaining at least the 5th seed at Miami's expense (Detroit currently 1.5 games behind). This season Orlando is 2-1 vs Miami, and 0-2 vs Detroit. Who do you think they would prefer to face as the 3rd seed matched up against the 6th seed? they would know Detroit has 2 games left against Miami this season, as they would know Miami faces 9 road games out of their next 12 played (holding as they do a losing (.400) road record this season). I don't think they'd fear facing Detroit in the first round, but would anyone submit they wouldn't prefer to face Miami?

Detroit's hiccup at Atlanta is easily explained. Off 4 wins, 3 tough ones (incl. 2 at the end of a 5 game road trip), facing a team off innumerous road games themselves looking to wipe away losing form with a good HC record. No shame in that result. But for a team that's just tasted winning form after a long 8 game losing streak, it doesnt smell like a spot where they'd care to go straight back to losing, esp. as they get to play in front of their own fans. No AI is simply the icing.

I said in yesterday's thread that Orlando had a specific reason for turning up against Boston that had nothing to do with the standings. Now they know they can win in Boston they have nothing to fear holding down the 3rd seed to end up facing Boston in the playoffs w/out HCA. Here they have a reason for not turning up that has everything to do with the standings. The only question is, have they written off their hopes of gaining the 2nd seed.

You make sense but my one concern on this one is that Orlando won't want to get swept by Detroit and that could be their motivation...

Tuck - I'm looking for any reason to play LA tonught really am but revenge from over a year ago? Really? Anyone else have an opinion on this?

SF - can u explain your Hornets thoughts? Other than LA, Bos and the Lebrons I always thought ATL catching pts at some was practically auto...

For those that like Bulls (not me) --> they will have to score a lot to win right? Unless u think CHI can shut down Wade why not the over? I saw Deng listed as out but someone said he should be in. What's correct?

Finally: someone mentioned Wiz over if Butler plays. Seems dolid to me. Why is the # so low???

Dstang, the Portland game is not one I feel sure at all about but I spend a lot of time at the major Portland Blazer blog and i know that beating the Lakers at home is the State Religion. They are as serious about it as it is possible to be. They are also playing very bad, the coach has failed to pick a back up point guard creating a real mess. Their defense has been terrible and the Lakers are probably the best team in the West who I think are looking at a win here as something that they should make happen. i know all the arguments for both sides and I am trying to be honest. If forced to take position I would play the Lakers. A few years ago when Garnett was still with Minn every time Minn played the Lakers that year the Lakers were playing b-b. 6 times in 1 year this happened. The Lakers did not do well. The next year it did not play well for Minn.

Appreciate the thoughts Tuck...I really am looking for solid reasons to back LA as they are clearly the far superior team. Just trying to not get caught in the public sucker play of the day as well!

Other than LA, Bos and the Lebrons I always thought ATL catching pts at some was practically auto...

I second that. Line value is obvious imo here, and not so bad spot for the Hawks as well, Hornets coming from 7 consecutive wins (used well a bit softer schedule), Hawks need to get in some series as well to prove they got what it takes to be competitive in May.

Funny, looking at the games I thought they were all very tough. Took a long time looking at Chicago at Miami. After a while I decided that in the future I might start referring to Miami as Carrion Bird and Chicago as Vivid Imagination. Really talking about this game would take chapters like the number of pages in a chapter in a large book. Chicago plus 5 and ml 70 30 split first pick.

Lakers have been bowled over in Rose Garden

Don Ryan / Associated Press
Brandon Roy and the Trail Blazers have given Kobe Bryant and the Lakers plenty of trouble in Portland.

[COLOR=#333333 ! important]The Lakers haven't won in Portland since February 2005, a string of six straight defeats that they will try to end Monday night against the talented Trail Blazers.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#999999 ! important]By Mike Bresnahan and Broderick Turner
March 9, 2009 [/COLOR]
The Trail Blazers have been more than a thorn in the Lakers' side at the Rose Garden, winning the teams' last six games in Portland and turning the Lakers into sneaker tread near the city that Nike calls home.

The Lakers haven't won there since Feb. 23, 2005, an 86-83 victory over a Portland team that finished 27-55 that season. (Not that the Lakers were much better, finishing 34-48 and missing the playoffs for the first time in 11 years.)

<!-- end google ads --> Happily for Lakers fans, their team has improved since then, but so has Portland (39-23), hanging tight in the mass of teams behind the Lakers in the Western Conference. Given the Blazers' notable 26-5 home record this season, would anybody be surprised if the visitors lost again tonight?

"I don't want to talk about that," Lakers Coach Phil Jackson said Sunday. "It's been belabored too many years now. It happened before I even started and just continued on here for years. Mark it down to rainy weather, depressing faces."

The Lakers were the ones with the long faces after their last two road games -- losses in Phoenix and Denver. In the from-bad-to-worse category, they continue onward to Houston and San Antonio after Portland, three potential pitfalls awaiting them as their schedule catches up with a vengeance.

Ten of their next 13 games are away from Staples Center, which will certainly test the team with the league's best road record (21-8).

Jackson reached into his motivational toolbox a few days ago by saying the Lakers would be happy just to win two of the three games on this trip.

They wouldn't mind seeing Lamar Odom snap out of a three-game slide in which he has totaled eight points. Nor would they mind recapturing the road swagger they showed on their 6-0 trip before the All-Star break that included victories over Boston and Cleveland.

"We're ready to go," Kobe Bryant said. "It's a good test for us. It's a good game to start off this road trip in an environment where they play extremely well and we seem to play poorly. It's going to be fun."

The Lakers' 112-103 loss last April was symptomatic of their shortcomings in Portland.

They were locked in a down-the-stretch skirmish with New Orleans for the top spot in the Western Conference, but Portland's Brandon Roy tied a career high with 12 assists, LaMarcus Aldridge took a season-high 16 rebounds, and Channing Frye hit season highs with 22 points and 11 rebounds for the Trail Blazers, who were playing for nothing but pride.

"They looked like they were the team that was preparing for the race in the West," Odom said at the time. "We looked like the team that was preparing for the long vacation."

Fast-forward to Sunday, and Odom, like the rest of the Lakers, couldn't pinpoint why they've been so ragged at the Rose Garden.

"I don't know," Odom said three times. "They're tough up there. They're tough up there for everyone. They're young, and of course they probably go through their troubles on the road and are great at home. We look forward to playing our best game and go up there and get one."

Odom has one of the tougher assignments. He'll be asked to defend the talented Aldridge.

Aldridge is listed at 6 feet 11, but because of Aldridge's long wingspan, Odom said it's like guarding a 7-footer. That makes it even tougher to defend Aldridge, Portland's No. 2 scorer (18 points a game) and rebounder (seven a game).

"He's done well against us too, in the past," Odom said. "It's going to be a challenge for all of us to try and keep the ball out of his hands, double-team him and give him different looks and really attack him."

Odom worked on his game Sunday, shooting extra free throws before practice after a poor outing against Minnesota in which he missed all four free throws.

"It was just up here," he said, pointing to his head. "Almost two airballs. That won't happen again."

After practice, reporters had to wait while he lifted weights.

"I wanted to get strong, get ready for this run, get my mind ready to attack the rim and go to the free-throw line," Odom said.

Update-

Playing either Under 188 @ Atlanta or 1st H under not sure which yet ..while still interested in NOH 1st H and possibly ATL 2nd H

Bulls 1st H possibly and definetly on da Bulls here ..

Probably ORL 1st Half but definetly ORL ML ..and think over is a play as well

Probably Houston 1st Half and lean them for the game despite their road woes..

At the moment passing on the LAL-Port side but lean UNDER..

Want to see Wash and Minny lineups before any decision ....:cheers:

Not sure Lungster think it will be mixed no clear bias but who knows . Only say that because yesterday was a heavy under day and the few overs that hit made it by a couple points

@ ATL...over 187 -120 , 1st H NOH and small NOH ML (lean ATL 2nd H )

@Det ...Over 186 -115 , 1st H Orl -0.5 -115 and ML -122avg for medium play ..

@ Miami ...1st H bulls +2.5 -105 and game +6 -120..both medium plays(lean under but more 1st H with 2nd H over lean if thats correct)

@Port ...small Under 202.5 play so far....

nothing on the others yet...

:cheers:GL all

you guys switched your clocks? I damn well missed getting up in time to bet the Detroit game because it's started earlier than usual, but the start time is listed as the same.

nah, betcrimes is in new zealand...for us north americans it was yesterday...for him it was today

Back