Monday 11/24/14 NBA discussion thread

divol

The Spurs can suck my manhood
[TABLE="class: linesTbl, width: 954"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px;">[TR="class: linesHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"][h=4]NBA BASKETBALL BASKETBALL - MON 11/24[/h][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesColumns"]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, colspan: 4, align: center"]GAME[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]HANDICAP[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MONEY LINE[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]TOTAL POINTS[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MORE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt1"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Mon 11/24[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]703[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Portland Trail Blazers [/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-12 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 204.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]04:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]704[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Philadelphia 76ers[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+12 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 204.5 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt2"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Mon 11/24[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]705[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Los Angeles Clippers[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]-4 1.925[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Over 198 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt2"]
[TD="bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]04:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]706[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Charlotte Hornets[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]+4 1.980[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Under 198 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Mon 11/24[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]707[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Phoenix Suns[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 207.5 1.961[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]04:35 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]708[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Toronto Raptors[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 207.5 1.943[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Took 9 with Orlando for a little over a unit. Orlando on 1 days rest is 6-3 ATS to Cleveland 1-3 and the Cleveland discussion I posted outside is fairly bleak.

Read this at the RX service center

•JEFF HORNACEK is 11-1 UNDER (+9.9 Units) in road games after scoring 100 points or more 2 straight games as the coach of PHOENIX.
The average score was HORNACEK 94.0, OPPONENT 97.2.

anyone else love the bulls tonight...coming off two road losses in the middle of a 7 game road trip and will most likely have rose and gasol back with denver in the thin air on deck....a matchup nightmare for utah and the superior team wanting to win and line has already moved a point from 1 to 2

not sure how cleve can give anyone 9 right now....totally dysfunctional but can out talent if they click...click unlikely imo

sixers look the same gig as i played with the c's yesterday....sixers 1h and if they cover port 2nd half....may be pushing my luck though as aldrige missed his first 8 shots yesterday before finally waking up

clipps scare me but maybe going with cash's theory and play ml...never done that with a fav before

mavs 1h maybe when line comes out and everyone healthy and not too steep

hou by 20?....or let down?

took raptors on ml.. still waiting for 1h total to be posted..... will probably add magic +points

Roy Hibbert (left ankle) has been ruled out of Monday's game against the Mavericks.

Eric Gordon (shoulder) is out indefinitely with a torn labrum.

Patrick Beverley (left hamstring) will not play again on Monday vs. the Knicks.

Derrick Rose (hamstring) and Pau Gasol (calf) are both game-time decisions on Monday against Utah.

[TABLE="class: tableOdds"]
<tbody id="oddsBody" style="outline: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">[TR="class: row-odd"]
[TD="class: team"]11/24

7:05 PM

705 Los Angeles Clippers
706 Charlotte Hornets

[/TD]
[TD="class: pct, align: center"]82%
18%
[/TD]
[TD="class: pct, align: center"]79%
21%
[/TD]
[TD="class: pct, align: center"]68%
32%
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Clips a 'spot' play according to my 'play-sheets' but the '80/20' rule is in effect.

NBA: Who will WIN this matchup?
[TABLE="class: mg-gametableQ, width: 0"]
<tbody style="border: 0px none; margin: 0px; outline: none 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">[TR]
[TD="class: mg-column1 start, align: center"]7:05 PM

[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column2 sport, align: center"]
icon_basketball.gif

NBA
[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column3 opponents"] Los Angeles Clippers (7-5)[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column4 result, align: center"]--[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column5 status, align: center"]Preview
[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column6 wpw, align: center"]99.3%[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column7 heat, align: center"]

[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column8 pick borderRight, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: mg-column3 opponents last"] @ Charlotte Hornets (4-10)[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column4 result last, align: center"]--[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column6 wpw, align: center"]0.7%[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

[TABLE="class: tableOdds"]
<tbody>[TR="class: row-odd"]
[TD="class: team"]11/24

7:05 PM

705 Los Angeles Clippers
706 Charlotte Hornets
[/TD]
[TD="class: pct, align: center"]82%
18%[/TD]
[TD="class: pct, align: center"]79%
21%[/TD]
[TD="class: pct, align: center"]68%
32%[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Clips a 'spot' play according to my 'play-sheets' but the '80/20' rule is in effect.
Public has to win every once in a while em...

:biggestfan:

Plus, look at the results during the Lob City / Blake Griffin era: LAC 6-1 SU, LAC 5-2 ATS, LAC 3-1 SU @ CHA, LAC 2-2 ATS @ CHA, LAC MOV 15, 5, 25, 6, 22, 27 (@CHA 5, 25, 6). And the only game they lost SU was last season when Chris Paul was out and the Bobcats managed to get to the line by a 2-1 margin (20-9).

Now, admittedly, the Clippers haven't been the most trustworthy team this season, but it kind of feels like they've started to turn the corner (last night not withstanding). Meanwhile, the Hornets are fading badly right now at both ends of the court without MKG.

Doesn't mean the Clippers are going to have a walk in the park, but sometimes teams just don't matchup well either...

Plus, look at the results during the Lob City / Blake Griffin era: LAC 6-1 SU, LAC 5-2 ATS, LAC 3-1 SU @ CHA, LAC 2-2 ATS @ CHA, LAC MOV 15, 5, 25, 6, 22, 27 (@CHA 5, 25, 6). And the only game they lost SU was last season when Chris Paul was out and the Bobcats managed to get to the line by a 2-1 margin (20-9).

Now, admittedly, the Clippers haven't been the most trustworthy team this season, but it kind of feels like they've started to turn the corner (last night not withstanding). Meanwhile, the Hornets are fading badly right now at both ends of the court without MKG.

Doesn't mean the Clippers are going to have a walk in the park, but sometimes teams just don't matchup well either...

Totally agree, Hugh. Just a little superstitious although football on at the same time somewhat negates the 'public %'s'.

Clippers and Bulls fit my criteria and are strong leans right now.

i'm probably jinxing myself but how do the bulls not win this game....gasol and rose have to dress...if they don't they are pussies (of course we all know rose is a pussy) and thibs will have them totally focused on d....am i missing something here?

i'm probably jinxing myself but how do the bulls not win this game....gasol and rose have to dress...if they don't they are pussies (of course we all know rose is a pussy) and thibs will have them totally focused on d....am i missing something here?

Not involved in this game, however i would lean Bulls, but since this is a discussion thread...
Jazz have lost 2 in a row, are at home, no look ahead, do have the young legs and length to compete, (i am not a trey burke fan), if rose is healthy should dominate him and probably exum - i am a big Taj gibson fan and he is out tonight (big defensive loss vs. utah's big bodies)...
Gl with what ever you play..

Matt Barnes is out-- his vag aches as well...

James johnson will play tonight for raptors --

Matt Barnes is out-- his vag aches as well...

James johnson will play tonight for raptors --

Michael Carter-Williams, Tony Wroten, Luc Mbah a Moute, Henry Sims and Brandon Davies starting tonight - Nerlins is off the bench

Moe Harkless will start next to Victor Oladipo, Evan Fournier, Channing Frye and Nikola Vucevic on Monday against the Cavs.

every now and then (too often) i bet a bunch of games because they all look so good to me...please feel free to disagree as I would like to trim

bulls...xxl (as cash would say)
orlando....cleve to dysfunctional
sixers 1h port 2h if appropriate
clips....also dysfunctional but i think they win
suns...would love to hear tucks take because i'm not sure
rox...i don't care who's out....6 points
dall 1st half....almost as strong as the bulls
and the saints in the foots...

fire away guys

Does Dallas have a look ahead to wednesday at home on espn. (i am not good at look aheads)
Indy plays at S.A. wednesday
Stucky is now probable for tonight

every now and then (too often) i bet a bunch of games because they all look so good to me...please feel free to disagree as I would like to trim

bulls...xxl (as cash would say)
orlando....cleve to dysfunctional
sixers 1h port 2h if appropriate
clips....also dysfunctional but i think they win
suns...would love to hear tucks take because i'm not sure
rox...i don't care who's out....6 points
dall 1st half....almost as strong as the bulls
and the saints in the foots...

fire away guys
Like the Clippers obviously. Simple math would tell you a team that averages 54.1 in the 1H (ie. Portland) should go into the half with the lead against a team that averages 46.1 (ie. Philadelphia). Feel like Rockets line should have opened a lot stronger than -8.5 but, then again, it is the Knicks. Bulls seem like a game that goes down to the wire. And over seems like a good bet in MNF.

Good luck.

Like the Clippers obviously. Simple math would tell you a team that averages 54.1 in the 1H (ie. Portland) should go into the half with the lead against a team that averages 46.1 (ie. Philadelphia). Feel like Rockets line should have opened a lot stronger than -8.5 but, then again, it is the Knicks. Bulls seem like a game that goes down to the wire. And over seems like a good bet in MNF.

Good luck.

thanks hugh...good points all

taking a shot at over 2q mavs game,, call it a hunch that they come out a little slower than they have - maybe looking at indy's roster they come out a little flat... they could get 30/indy 19 and i win.....

lets play it at a Large (L for BJ :) )...

this is a discussion thread - there are 15 members logged in,, lets see if we can hear from a few others..... gl everyone!.

So Portland puts up 84 in the 1H a few weeks ago, and now they've scored 6 points or less through the first six minutes of the 1Q in B2B games against two of the worst defenses in the league.

Where amazing happens...

Re the Suns game. I did nothing. I was tempted to use Toronto in a ML parlay but just skipped the game.

so sitting here rapping with my wife and two daughters and missed port 2h.....love rapping with my to daughters...they are 15 and so funny

I know the Clippers score, but I just looked at the boxscore, and all I can say is... WTF?!? Clippers 3-5 from the line, Hornets 24-28?!? Only reason it's not a blowout right now, and only reason Hornets still have a shot at the cover since they're only shooting 40%....

taking a shot at over 2q mavs game,, call it a hunch that they come out a little slower than they have - maybe looking at indy's roster they come out a little flat... they could get 30/indy 19 and i win.....

lets play it at a Large (L for BJ :) )...

this is a discussion thread - there are 15 members logged in,, lets see if we can hear from a few others..... gl everyone!.

lost the max play by a bucket and half.. but got this one..

just watched first half of bulls/jazz game....bulls up big but the most significant for me was how well the jazz played on both ends of the court they obviously lack in talent but organized on the offensive end,did not get out of their game despite being down 23 at one point and are only down because bulls put the defensive screws down at the onset and everything the bulls put up went in....very impressed with the jazz

nice - must have missed your post where you said you took them and for how much..

I took the clippers a few days ago 1k to win 909 against Miami and last night and Its great win. I ve had an amazing run. I normally do good In football and so so in basketball but this year is different.

I turned 100 deposit into 4500 thus far and I love ctg. I enjoy reading everyone's views and make sound judgment

Back