MLB trade deadline 2015

this is not the correct way of looking at it. i have been a huge Amaro hater since day 1, he was always a smug little pr*ck and never had an eye for talent one bit. having said that, he is under no obligation to give away an ace now.

this is borderline laughable, teams call and say they are interested, but that they wont give away any top prospects. they they whine that Amaro says no. Give me a god damn break, you have a lefty ace with 3 years left on his affordable contract who already has a WS MVP and could very well be the deciding factor in a championship run. But you don't want to give up a top prospect for him? GTFO, a trade for hamels starts with a top 2 prospect and a 4-7 prospect. Add in a 18 year old in the low minors whos a project, and now we have a start.

If you arent willing to pay, then no Hamels for you. LA says Urias and Seager are untouchable? Get outta here then. Yankees wont give up Severino or Judge, hell i would say Severino AND Judge would be a starting point.

Just because teams are offering .60 cents on the dollar doesnt mean that the Phillies need to accept that. I get that timing-wise it is ideal to trade him now, but not if the price isnt right.

The Mets got a haul for RA fucking Dickey but teams wont pony up for Cole? Alright then Dodgers, have fun losing in the NLCS like you do every year. Good luck Yankees getting far with Ivan Nova pitching in the playoffs. But by all means, hold on to your "untouchable" prospects just like the Rangers did a few years ago with Mike Olt hahaha

He looks even dumber now that Price is available. He won't get more; he'll get less.

Now this is believable. Hasn't this happened before? The mets get the beat writers in on these media ploys? It's so dumb

You can't be serious???? Nothing like this has ever happened before in the age of social media. I can't tell you how many beat reporters, analysts, etc. tonight have said this was the most bizarre, unusual circumstance they'd ever seen in regards to a (potential) trade.

Fondy posted a thread about what we wanted the team we rooted for to do at the deadline. I wrote that as a Met fan, it didn't matter, because no matter what they do, it's always wrong. And tonight is just further proof of that. Sigh...

It's being reported that it was the Mets that backed out due concerns regarding Gomez's hip.

This only means that Gomez will 100% be traded for less and excel for another team for years to come. #meetthemets

local rumors that the Twins were looking at Gomez again. Pure comedy..... He was a disaster here and they actually got a good player for him (Hardy) who of course didn't pan out and they shipped him off to Baltimore where he was good again.

The Royals have traded right-hander Joe Blanton to the Pittsburgh Pirates for cash considerations.

is that smogers trade with wood latos and johnson a done deal?
the Dodgers will receive right-hander Mat Latos and first baseman Michael Morsefrom the Marlins. They’ll also add top prospect Jose Peraza and pitchers Alex Wood, Jim Johnson and Luis Avilan from the Braves. Atlanta, in turn, will receive Cuban infielderHector Olivera, lefty Paco Rodriguez and minor leaguer Zachary Bird from the Dodgers. The Braves are also picking up Miami’s Competitive Balance Round A pick in next year’s draft (No. 35 overall). The Marlins will come out of this deal with three minor league pitchers — Kevin Guzman, Jeff Brigham and Victor Araujo — plus the financial relief of shedding the remaining $14.3MM that is owed to Latos and Morse.

The Rangers agreed to a trade with the Philadelphia Phillies for ace Cole Hamels, among the game’s best left-handed pitchers, on Wednesday night, according to sources.
It took six players, including pitcher Matt Harrison, prized catching prospectJorge Alfaro and outfielder Nick Williams, to acquire Hamels and reliever Jake Diekman.

this one is making more sense since last night. if the dutch oven and yu come back healthy, it'll be
1. darvish
2. hamels
3. perez
4. holland
5. colby/chi-chi/whatever

that looks pretty sexy to me. if they can dump choo and/or elvis, it's gonna make a lot more sense.

this one is making more sense since last night. if the dutch oven and yu come back healthy, it'll be
1. darvish
2. hamels
3. perez
4. holland
5. colby/chi-chi/whatever

that looks pretty sexy to me. if they can dump choo and/or elvis, it's gonna make a lot more sense.
you guys going to be moving Gallo to third for sure? esp. with the decline of Beltre....that being said, your OF needs to be addressed and if Josh ever gets back to a shell of his former self that will be a great bonus.

you guys going to be moving Gallo to third for sure? esp. with the decline of Beltre....that being said, your OF needs to be addressed and if Josh ever gets back to a shell of his former self that will be a great bonus.

that's the pain in the ass part of all this. they're not gonna dump beltre, just won't happen. so the idea is to dump choo, move gallo into RF, and keep leonys as a 4th outfielder, with delino playing more time in CF, and make hamilton play LF.

But most folks want hamilton in center, platooned with martin because of the injuries hamilton is gonna have, and put gallo in LF and delino in RF.

any of these scenarios have to have choo being sent somewhere else.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Expectation among rival executives is that Norris and Alford will be in package for Price going from <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BlueJays?src=hash">#BlueJays</a> to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Tigers?src=hash">#Tigers</a>.</p>&mdash; Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/626790890649059328">July 30, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Cardinals got robbed.

...And yes, GLB, if Toronto doesn't make playoffs, Anthropolos is getting canned.

Amazing jays didn't give up Alford, i'm more excited we kept Alford than we got price...

If price leaves we get a comp pick.

Norris looks to be a 3/4 guy in the rotation and Boyd is back end for sure... I'm okay with this trade.

Amazing jays didn't give up Alford, i'm more excited we kept Alford than we got price...

If price leaves we get a comp pick.
Do they get a comp pick if he leaves? I didn't think you got a comp pick on a mid season acquisition. I could be wrong.

Back