Red Sox

Wants Varitek to decide right now on what hes gonna do or they might just pull the deal

I love how the Yankees are getting their fans hopes up before the inevitable choke job

its gonna be awesome

You mean INEVITABLE choke job...just like '96, '98, '99 and 2000?
Hell, I'll take 2001 & 2003 as pretty damn successful years..........:tiphat:
One World Championship in 28 years and you're suddenly a resident MLB expert with the cajones to denigrate The Great NY Yankees? :shake:

Enjoy your five minutes...as a Philly fan I'm sure it'll come along again soon...maybe even in your lifetime.

:36_11_6:

Mully :cheers:

One World Championship in 28 years and you're suddenly a resident MLB expert with the cajones to denigrate The Great NY Yankees? :shake:

Enjoy your five minutes...as a Philly fan I'm sure it'll come along again soon...maybe even in your lifetime.

No one chokes more than McNabb though, thankfully I don't have to root for the Buffalo Bills of the NFC, except, The Bills were actually making superbowls not AFC championships

Did I stutter?

You know the choke job is coming...

Its just a question of whether it happens in September or October...

Or maybe youll get lucky and theyll put you out of your misery in August again like they did last year

:cheers:

Did I stutter?

You know the choke job is coming...

Its just a question of whether it happens in September or October...

Or maybe youll get lucky and theyll put you out of your misery in August again like they did last year

:cheers:

Enjoy your five minutes...as a Philly fan I'm sure it'll come along again soon...maybe even in your lifetime...........................:shake:

At some point Yankee fans have to stop using that whole "Yankees won all these titles in the 90s" defense.

That would be like Cowboy fans trying to say how good they were 15 years ago as a response to people saying Romo chokes in a big gane

Cubs

Peavy deal closer after the sale of the team. MLB.com sources say that its just a matter of time before ...-cliff hanger- ....deal is made

Mets

Close to signing Oliver Perez

Rangers

With the Yank's signing Pettite, this opens the door for the Rangers to sign Sheets

Pirates

Previously mentioned, but WTF, Gonzalez. Is this supposed to be the Cliff Floyd (Rays last year) of the team? Its tough to be a Pirates fan

Pretty clear to me, in my opinion, there is no need to call me an idiot. But the Yankee's start off slow this season. I could be wrong, but thats just my opinion

take your arguments to another thread. let's stay on topic here.

Damn bro, we're all "friends" here and it's only January...just having a little fun talking smack with the BoSox fans.......:shake:

The Preeminent MLB Franchise will rise again in 2009, baby.

Last edited:
Cubs

Peavy deal closer after the sale of the team. MLB.com sources say that its just a matter of time before ...-cliff hanger- ....deal is made

Mets

Close to signing Oliver Perez

Rangers

With the Yank's signing Pettite, this opens the door for the Rangers to sign Sheets

Pirates

Previously mentioned, but WTF, Gonzalez. Is this supposed to be the Cliff Floyd (Rays last year) of the team? Its tough to be a Pirates fan

Pretty clear to me, in my opinion, there is no need to call me an idiot. But the Yankee's start off slow this season. I could be wrong, but thats just my opinion

I'm calling it...Cubs/Yanks series in '09.

Does Sweet Lou (a GREAT Yankee) get his REVENGE on the Steinbrenner's?

Braves

Glavine wants to stay in the ATL

D-backs

Garland accepted the newest offer because it was for more then a year, which is what they offered him first. He was looking for a multi year deal

Pirates

Gonzalez rumors are all over the Pittsburgh papers, but Eric Hinske is another name that has come up.

tony massarotti reporting vtek seriously considering sitting out the year, and/or retiring. he has until tomorrow morning to decide on the latest offer. LOL, is boras at it again? tek take the money and platoon/tutor the young guys.

At some point people too young to know a damn thing, usually BoSox fans who think 2 titles in 90 years makes them winners, need to stop commenting as if championships pre-2001 aren't valid.

As I've already mentioned...the Yanks had an amazing run of health, clutch playoff performances, and breaks during their 4 WS titles in 5 years.
Since 2001 they've had the opposite...injuries to key players, poor playoff performances, and bad luck.

Nobody is denying the last seven years have ended poorly for the Yanks...kind of like the 87 years of FUTILITY in Boston.

Even though we were one pitch away from the '01 title (y'all think Gonzo's steroid induced arms helped get that ball over the Yanks infield?)...and lost to a very good Marlins team in '03...while "enduring" winning 95, 103, 101, 101, 95, 97, and 89 games in 2001 - 2008, a team used to this type of success: <table class="infobox vcard" style="font-size: 95%;" width="300" cellpadding="4"><tbody><tr style="vertical-align: top;" align="left"><td>World Series titles (26)</td> <td width="135">2000199919981996
</td> </tr> <tr style="vertical-align: top;" align="left"> <td>AL Pennants (39) <sup>[1]</sup></td> <td width="135">2003 • 2001 • 2000 • 1999
1998 • 1996 • 1981 • 1978
1977 • 1976 • 1964 • 1963
1962 • 1961 • 1960 • 1958
1957 • 1956 • 1955 • 1953
1952 • 1951 • 1950 • 1949
1947 • 1943 • 1942 • 1941
1939 • 1938 • 1937 • 1936
1932 • 1928 • 1927 • 1926
1923 • 1922 • 1921</td></tr></tbody></table>
should be judged on whether they win the World Series.............:shake:

That being said, y'all INSANE BoSox and Philly fans need to check your egos...The PREEMINENT franchise in MLB will rise again, biatches.

Congrats on your 1921 AL Pennant:cheers::cheers:

Dodgers

Larry Bowa, who I believe is the 3rd base coach of the Dodgers, claims that the Dodgers would be terrible without Manny on team
Randy Wolf will probably sign with the Dodgers

Cubs

Even though I said in the last few days the Peavy trade is gonna happen soon, the Cubs arent gona even discuss it without ownership being settled

Red Sox

Can they get Adam Dunn?
< Im suprised this guys stock isnt higher then it seems to be right now

Pirates sign Hinske. I`ll take it..He has a little pop but cant hit lefties for shit ...He can play lots of positons, should play some 1b while LaRouche has his annual 3 month slump to start season

Pirate sign Maholm 3 year ext w/ option, this is even better ...We can trade him to the Yankees later in the season for Bam Bam Meulens or possibly to Detroit for Steve Kemp...Shoot, if we really wheel and deal maybe we can pry Amos Otis from KC

2265281611_281cb1ac99.jpg

Many solid Free Agents still available:
1B: Adam Dunn
2B: Orlando Hudson
SS: Orlando Cabrera
3B: Ty Wigginton
LF: Manny Ramirez
CF: Ken Griffey Jr.
RF: Bobby Abreu
C: Pudge Rodriguez
DH: Frank Thomas
SP: Ben Sheets
SP: Oliver Perez
SP: Tom Glavine
SP: Randy Wolf
SP: Braden Looper
RP: Juan Cruz
RP: Eric Gagne
Also: Andruw Jones, Joe Crede, Jim Edmonds, Cliff Floyd, Garret Anderson, Nomar Garciaparra, Rich Aurilia, Pedro Martinez, Tom Gordon, Eddie Guardado.

Last edited:
Phillies

Phillies are hoping to avoid arbitration with Howard

Blue Jays

Are interested in Kevin Milar

Cubs

Orioles are close to acquiring Rich Hill from the Cubs for a player to be named. Its not a fact yet because teams like the Mariners and Royals are interested

Mets

Abreu seems to make sense for them

Tigers

Tigers GM last week read off a list of names on radio coverages. 7 starting pitchers. Apparently two to many. They might be willing to trade one or two of them

Blue Jays

Are interested in Kevin Milar

There more than interested, they've offered him a minor league contract, but Milar's camp is waiting for more players to sign contracts and see if he can get a better offer from another team.

Youre right...he does make sense for them...hes an overpaid stiff who puts up hollow numbers and has no heart...should fit in perfectly on that team

:shake:

You forgot to mention his RF Wall Phobia that won't allow him to come with 15 feet of it...no matter where the ball is hit. :shake:

i think half his wall phobia comes from me sitting in the right field stands yelling obscenities at the fucker

god i hate bobby abreu

from jon heyman:

According to one person familiar with their thinking, the Mets' chances to acquire those two ultra-accomplished hitters are slim (Abreu) and practically none (Ramirez).

I know nobody can answer this but WTF is Manny thinking here. First he turns down a multi year deal for 22.5 mill per. Now he turns down a 1 year deal worth 25?? That 1 year deal would be golden for him. He could hit 35 HR's this year drive in 110 and next year when the economy is better get paid another 70 mill for 3 yrs.

A 3/4/5 of Manny, Tex, Arod. Would just be unfair. Greatest middle of the order in baseball history

not that any of em would be able to touch King Cole in a 7 game series so it wouldnt get them a title, but it would assure them of that elusive AL pennant

i forget where i read it, but saw an article suggesting that some other team signing manny to a one year deal would be best case scenario for the yanks, since they will potentially be losing matsui, damon and nady after 2009. not a crazy thought.

unless boras has something up his sleeve, at this point i can't imagine anyone doing better than the 2/45 mil deal that was rejected in november.

Mets

Mets signed Oliver Perez which probably ended any chance of Pedro Martinez coming back to them

Phillies

Optimistic about getting Garciaparra

Dodgers

With Ramirez turning them down, they could aim to get Dunn or Abreu

White Sox

Abreu's deal with the White has stalled. If they sign him, expect them to deal Dye

i forget where i read it, but saw an article suggesting that some other team signing Manny to a one year deal would be best case scenario for the yanks, since they will potentially be losing matsui, damon and nady after 2009. not a crazy thought.

unless boras has something up his sleeve, at this point i can't imagine anyone doing better than the 2/45 mil deal that was rejected in November.

No Manny in NYC unless it's a one year deal with a team option...we'd have to trade Nady & Swisher...and get precipitously worse in OF defense.

Matsui and Damon (both consummate professionals and solid Yankees) will DEFINITELY be gone after this year...Yanks rebuilding with youth (well, at least the "good side of 30" type youth).

Nady may be gone in a trade this year (although, I'd like to give him a full year in RF to prove if he's Yankees material)...have to find ABs for the underrated Nick Swisher (my nomination as The New Giambirino...sans the steroid baggage).

Ill never forget that 3 run home run he hit in the 16th inning (?) against the Tigers this past year after the Tigers scored 2 in the top of the inning and it looked over. Just never (Swisher that is)

Mets

Mets signed Oliver Perez which probably ended any chance of Pedro Martinez coming back to them

Phillies

Optimistic about getting Garciaparra

Dodgers

With Ramirez turning them down, they could aim to get Dunn or Abreu

White Sox

Abreu's deal with the White has stalled. If they sign him, expect them to deal Dye

Where did you read that about the Phils?

Back