~Utah

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
LA Dodgers

Talks with Manny Ramirez and Boras resume

Bosox

Sox are targeting John Smoltz

Braves

Considering resigning Andruw Jones if the Dodgers let him loose this month but for a minimal contract

A's

Close to signing a deal with Giambi

Yankee's

Andy Pettite turns thems down

Giants

Cant afford Manny

Tampa Bay

Looking at getting Griffey Jr. (this might be dead after they signed Burrell)

Brewers are real close to signing Hoffman for their closer. 2 yr deal. Dodgers only offered 1 yr so it all depends on if he wants to stay on the west coast. Would be a nice get for Milwaukee

So when do the Yankees offer Sheets an incentive-laden deal based on how many starts he is going to make in pinstripes and protect us from his injury past

And now it sounds like the Sox are getting closer with Smoltz. I thought he'd never leave Atlanta

I love Smoltz and not sure what money or role he would play but on the surface its a terrible sign. Career in the NL he is going to learn a new and tougher league with clearly declining stuff and injury issues ? Shouldnt my Yankees be signing him ? I mean thats the thinking I accustomed to .

Brewers and Dodgers are competing for Hoffman as signal said but the Dodgers look like the more likely choice because they are on the west

Cubs

Looking at Pettite, Lowe, and Peavy. Peavy being the one they want most

Giants

There is literally no chance Manny goes to San Fran.

Pirates

Not sure where you got your info Kramer but apparently Pirates are the closest to signing Baldelli

Angels

Tim Salmon wants to come back

Brewers and Dodgers are competing for Hoffman as signal said but the Dodgers look like the more likely choice because they are on the west

Cubs

Looking at Pettite, Lowe, and Peavy. Peavy being the one they want most

Giants

There is literally no chance Manny goes to San Fran.

Pirates

Not sure where you got your info Kramer but apparently Pirates are the closest to signing Baldelli

Angels

Tim Salmon wants to come back

theres a boston baseball writers dinner tonight, and i think baldelli is being rewarded with the tony c. comeback player award. it is expected that he will announce his joining of the red sox tonight. i think the pirates are offering to much of an incentive laden contract.

im shocked smoltz would leave the bravos, but i hope this gets finalized today. with him the sox have more depth than most at the pitching position. if he can stay healthy he'd be huge in teh postseason for boston starting or relieving. however theres been rumors out there that wakefield is considering retirement, so who knows. this also gives the impression one of boston's young arms in on its way out for a catcher...

Brewers sign Hoffmann. very nice 1 yr 6 mil deal. Works for me

Smoltz and Hoffman are fossils .....just cant see Smoltz doing well in the AL East topping out at 89-90.....love the guy but makes no sense to me....

Yankee's

Dont count Manny out in NYC (NY Daily News)

Nationals

Making a run at Derek Lowe

Red Sox

I was incorrect, Baldelli is a Red Sox

Braves

Another team look at Lowe

Braves

Most likely place for Lowe to go as of now but the Mets, Angels and Phillies are also in the bidding

Nationals

Trying for Adam Dunn and/or Orlando Hudson
Trying to Xavier Nady and Nick Swisher

Phillies

If Garciaparra wants to play he could serve as a guy on the bench for the WS champs

Pirates

In trade talks with the Yankee's about Xavier Nady and Nick Swisher, Nady must be pumped to come back to hell

Red Sox

Varitek still an option

Sounds like Tek is 50/50 best to come back to Boston. My question is where else could he possibly sign?

How's that 10mil+ in arbitration looking now? Fuck you Boras.

[URL="http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/rumors/post/Garciaparra-could-find-a-job-in-Philadelphia?urn=mlb,133520"]Garciaparra could find a job in Philadelphia[/URL]

If infielder Nomar Garciaparra is interested in continuing his career, the Philadelphia Phillies may sign him to be a righthanded bat off their bench.
A team source Saturday confirmed a Fox sports report that said the Phillies had interest in the 35-year-old former two-time American League batting champion. The Phils have not made an offer, but may if Garciaparra tells them that he wants to play in 2009.
The Phillies also have shown interest in Gabe Kapler as a righthanded bat, but it appears he will sign elsewhere.
Garciaparra, a 13-year veteran, hit .264 with eight home runs in 55 games with the Los Angeles Dodgers last season.
Source: MLB.com

Braves

Will make offer to Lowe, expected today (tuesday)

Red Sox

Interested in catcher Miguel Montero of the AZ d-bacls

Rangers

Micheal Young wants to be traded after being asked to move to 3rd base

Angels

Express interest in Dye

Red Sox

Interested in Micheal Young
If Bay produces this season like he did in the postseason and late in the season last year, Red Sox will give him a new contract

MLB General News

Miguel Tejada targeted by a grand jury
Ricky Henderson wants to come back to MLB and play

Yankee's

Doesnt look like Pettite will be a Yank
Looking to sign Freddy Garcia

Orioles

Will sign Gregg Zaun

MLB General News

Miguel Tejada targeted by a grand jury
Ricky Henderson wants to come back to MLB and play

Yankee's

Doesnt look like Pettite will be a Yank
Looking to sign Freddy Garcia

Orioles

Will sign Gregg Zaun

yuck at freddy garcia. yuck

Cubs

Still looking at Peavy

Dodgers

Still want Manny

Braves

Dodgers released Andruw "I cant play baseball" Jones. Braves are ready to sign him for a minimal salary

Rangers

Young changes his mind, doesnt want to be traded, will move to 3rd base next season

White Sox

Close to signing Bartolo Colon

Tigers

Looking at Jason Isringhausen

D-backs

Tried to sign Jon Garland, he declined

ETG - NY Daily News reports Yankee's are the closest but there are still a whole line of teams that want him. Tigers offered him I believe a minor league contract he declined. The Mets , Rangers and White Sox are all interested also

Cubs

Still looking at Peavy

Dodgers

Still want Manny

Braves

Dodgers released Andruw "I cant play baseball" Jones. Braves are ready to sign him for a minimal salary

Rangers

Young changes his mind, doesnt want to be traded, will move to 3rd base next season

White Sox

Close to signing Bartolo Colon

Tigers

Looking at Jason Isringhausen

D-backs

Tried to sign Jon Garland, he declined

ETG - NY Daily News reports Yankee's are the closest but there are still a whole line of teams that want him. Tigers offered him I believe a minor league contract he declined. The Mets , Rangers and White Sox are all interested also

Jon Garland would be a decent #5 for The Yanks........................:shake:

Ken Griffy Jr

4 teams interested in him...2 NL...2 AL...one is Seattle

Dodgers

Team looking to sign Martin long term

Rangers

Targeting Vizquel

Mets

Sheets and Pettite on radar

Pirates

Reaching out to Pedro Martinez...wtf

Marlins

Interested in Andruw jones

Twins

Looking at Eric Gagne

Brewers

Wont pursue Dunn anymore

if jones comes at a bargain price that would be a great pickup for the fish. we need defense badly

bargain price as in $5? Thats about all he is worth

the fish will take his strikeouts to play center field. our young pitchers are owed some decent defense. him and maybin would be nasty roaming the fish outfield. on a side note if the marlins signed jones they will by far have the most strikeouts of any team by a mile. maybin jones uggla ross hanley would be the wiff squad

the fish will take his strikeouts to play center field. our young pitchers are owed some decent defense. him and maybin would be nasty roaming the fish outfield. on a side note if the marlins signed jones they will by far have the most strikeouts of any team by a mile. maybin jones uggla ross hanley would be the wiff squad

:36_11_6:

Red Sox

Varitek met with Red Sox owner today

White Sox

Tadahito Iguchi will be leaving the White Sox back to Japan

As long as he shows up under 300 lbs. - biggest waste of talent in last decade.

The problem with Jones is that, although he might be only 31 going on 32, he has been in the league since 1996. He'd be going on his 13th yr as a pro this yr and his body has a lot of miles.

He is done though. This is a guy who hit over .300 only once in his career (2000) and is a career .259 hitter. The last 2 yrs have been pitiful. Jone's best yr came in 2005 where he led the NL in HR, RBI, and won the Gold Glove however, those days are long gone.

The Dodgers still owe him a boat load of money so if you sign him to the minimum of $400k, I guess its maybe worth a shot but you are not going to get much imo.

The problem with Jones is that, although he might be only 31 going on 32, he has been in the league since 1996. He'd be going on his 13th yr as a pro this yr and his body has a lot of miles.

He is done though. This is a guy who hit over .300 only once in his career (2000) and is a career .259 hitter. The last 2 yrs have been pitiful. Jone's best yr came in 2005 where he led the NL in HR, RBI, and won the Gold Glove however, those days are long gone.

The Dodgers still owe him a boat load of money so if you sign him to the minimum of $400k, I guess its maybe worth a shot but you are not going to get much imo.

I dont seem to understand how its possible for a guy to fall off the map as bad as he has. 2 years was pitiful. Last year was beyond that. It was gross. It was frankly embarrassing. Ill bump the thread i had about him last year

Twins

Future Red Sox Mauer wont be ready for spring training

Dodgers

Sign Martin to a 1Y 3.9 Million deal
Still talking with Manny
Jason Repko doesnt wanna be in LA

D-backs

Garland rejected the D-backs last week, so has Randy Wolf this week

Twins

Future Red Sox Mauer wont be ready for spring training

Dodgers

Sign Martin to a 1Y 3.9 Million deal
Still talking with Manny
Jason Repko doesnt wanna be in LA

D-backs

Garland rejected the D-backs last week, so has Randy Wolf this week

:smiley_acbe:

get ready. Ben Sheets becoming a #5 starter on the Yankees is going down soon. Incentive-laden deal. Its going to be an awesome move.

Rumors have been confirmed that Charlie Manuel is a pimp!!

Chollyisapimp.jpg

get ready. Ben Sheets becoming a #5 starter on the Yankees is going down soon. Incentive-laden deal. Its going to be an awesome move.

I was wondering why I havent heard more teams wooing this guy at this point with the big 3 pitchers off the board

Marlins

Wont trade Dan Uggla, bastards need to trade him after that All-star game.

Mets

and the Yankee's are front runner for Freddy Garcia

Rockies

Looking at Kris Benson

Ben Sheets = :stretcher:
Surprised the BoSox haven't tried to sign him...well, I guess he isn't old enough for them this year.

Ben Sheets = :stretcher:
Surprised the BoSox haven't tried to sign him...well, I guess he isn't old enough for them this year.

Mully

Sheets has #1 stuff when he is healthy and on so you sign him to an incentive deal based on how many starts/wins he has. No harm done if he goes on the DL for the yr after his first pitch. Guy is 31 I believe and I've always been a fan of his arsenal.

Mully

Sheets has #1 stuff when he is healthy and on so you sign him to an incentive deal based on how many starts/wins he has. No harm done if he goes on the DL for the yr after his first pitch. Guy is 31 I believe and I've always been a fan of his arsenal.

:cheers:

I agree bro...he would be a GREAT Yankee signing for the #5 slot...no pressure but tons of upside potential.

I just wanted to needle the BoSox lovers for signing every injured/aging pitcher in MLB this year..............................:shake:

Nationals

Tom Glavine might sign with them if he doesn't come to terms with the Braves soon
Need to get a big time player...Dunn is an option

Rangers

Ben Sheets visited them this weekend

Dodgers

Talking with Randy Wolf

Yankees

Talking to Pettite again

Phillies

Are pursuing Moises Alou

A's

Holliday is training with Mark Mcgwire

Pettite is a Yank for 1yr. Believe its $6milly

:smiley_acbe::smiley_acbe::smiley_acbe: Pettite as a #5 who'll gobble up 200+ innings (204, 215, 214 & 222 L4)?

In a word? PERFECT, baby. Can Pettitte have a finale like Moose?

Don't bet against it boys.............................:tiphat:

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2009/01/26/pettittes-deal-is-done/

Pettitte's deal is done

Conference call in a few minutes. I’ll post some audio as soon as I can.
It’s a $5.5 million deal that could balloon to as much as $12 million based on innings pitched and roster time. As I’ve written here for weeks, it makes complete sense and creates great flexibility in the rotation.
The rotation as it stands now:
Sabathia
Wang
Burnett
Chamberlain
Pettitte

with Hughes, Kennedy, Aceves and Coke waiting to fill in as needed. The Yankees now have comparable depth with the Rays and Red Sox, which is vital.

Mully :cheers:

Back