MistaFlava's BCS CHAMPIONSHIP ***100 Unit Power Selection*** (Writeup and Analysis)

MistaFlava

Cheerleader
2006 CFB Bowl Record: 15-16 (+$650)
2006 CFB Bowl ATS Record: 15-15 (+$1750)
2006 CFB Bowl O/U Record: 0-1 (-$11.00)
2006 CFB Season Record: 76-59-3 (-$4700)

8-3 ATS the last eleven BOWL GAMES

Congrats to all who had a winning season. I am already looking forward to sharing information and discussing games with you guys next year. It's been a really fun year and Im glad I got to meet most of you guys, even some of the basher.

---------------------------------

BCS.png

Ohio State Buckeyes -7 (100 Units)

Why I am betting on this game: I am a sucker for placing very large wager in very large games. Sure it may not be smart but I like to make big deposits on big game days and I love partying most of the day with some buddies, getting drunk and then either watching my money grow on trees or watch my money go down in fire. That's the way betting works and that's the way I work. Sure it's not smart to have so much money riding on a big game like this one of the Super Bowl but I love the thrill of it and I love taking risks. I am not forcing anyone to do the same, just telling you why I am betting on this game. I have a love for the game of football and I get a huge adrenaline rush when I have a lot of money on a game. Also, this is one of the 2-3 games I said I would pound when the Bowl Season started. I like USC over Michigan as my only other 100 unit play and it hit with flying colors. So when the lines came out, I told myself I would be pounding a) USC and then b) Ohio State.​

Why Ohio State -7 is different than USC -7 in 2005: Jim Tressel and Pete Caroll are quite possibly the two best coaches in college football right now when it comes to game preparations, in-game coaching, recruiting and just about everything else you need to do right to win football games. Everyone underestimated Pete Caroll in this year's Rose Bowl game and although he did not have the best team to work with this year, he made the best of it and quite easily beat Lloyd Carr who had his best team in years to work with. The mistake I made by going with USC -7 in last year's Rose Bowl Game for the National Title was that I bet against a) Vince Young, b) Mack Brown and c) the 2nd best team in the Country at the time. Florida is not the 2nd best team in the Country right now. The only reason USC, Texas or LSU (the only teams who would have a shot at beating Ohio State) are not in this game is because they all had 2+ losses but those losses came under bad circumstance and nonetheless, I feel that all three teams would be a much better match for the Buckeyes. I'll be up front and honest guys, Florida were very lucky to win some games this year and swing 2-3 points the other way in Tennessee, Vanderbilt, South Carolina and Florida State games and we aren't even talking about Florida in the TOP 10. What Ohio State game did they almost lose anyways? None. Ohio State won 12 games this season and won those games by 25.9 points per game. Florida won 12 games this season and they won those games by 17.5 points per game. Sounds close but Florida had UCF and some I-AA school on their schedule to boost numbers. All I am saying here is that Ohio State doesn't just win games, they win them convincingly (I still feel the Michigan win was a cover but oh well).​

What do Auburn, South Carolina and Tennnessee have in common?: Well for starters, they are the only three teams who either beat or came within one or two points of beating the Gators. I am sure Jim Tressell and his coaching staff looked at the tapes for all three games trying to see how they can get an edge over the Gators coming into this game. For starters, Auburn was the only team that forced Florida into 3 turnovers (2 fumbles and 1 interception). I would consider that good news here since Ohio State is ranked #9 in the Country when it comes to turnover margin. Also, all three of these teams held Florida to a 3rd down conversion percentage of a combined 38% which is probably the key to winning big games. Any team that starts allowing 3rd down conversions on more than one drive is not going to win football games. Well Ohio State held their opponents to a 30.2% conversion rate on 3rd downs which is probably one of the main reasons they had so much success this year. The Gators will go for some big yardage plays in this game but they won't have as much success as one might think and their 3rd downs are going to be crucial.​

What about Michigan almost beating Ohio State?: That never really happened because even though Ohio State went down early, Jim Tressell told his guys not to sweat things out for one minute and he told his guys that they were still in full control of this game. Consider this guys, had Michigan not scored that very late touchdown (we all know it wasn't pass interference) to make it a three point game, Ohio State would have won every single game this year by at least seven points. Not by two or three point but by seven points. That's really not an easy thing to do and I say that because when you are the #1 team in the Country, every single team is going to take their best shot at you and the Buckeyes didn't flinch once against any of their opponents this year. You can't ask for better than a 9-3 ATS record...you just can't. We all saw how garbage Michigan really is in their Rose Bowl game against USC but once again, I still consider Michigan a much better team than Florida and I don't have any doubts that the Wolverines could have beat Florida had they faced each other in an other Bowl Game. Michigan-Ohio State was also a big time conference rivalry (probably the biggest in the Country) while Florida-Ohio State is not a rivalry at all.​

Won't Florida destroy OSU's secondary?: Maybe. However, you have to consider that as well as Chris Leak has played this year for the Gators, Leak has thrown 13 interceptions and it could be that one or two mistakes that cost him this game and this cover. James Laurinaitis and Malcolm Jenkins are going to be in no mood to hear about this kind of stuff seeing that they combined for 9 interceptions between the two and led a secondary that had 22 interceptions on the year. Can you find me another team in the Nation that had 12 different players with an interception in one season? Chad Henne had thrown only 7 interceptions coming into the Ohio State game and the only reason the Wolverines kept things close is because Henne did not make a single mistake. However, Leak has a bad habit of forcing some thrown and with 12 guys capable of making interceptions. As much success as Florida has had passing the ball this year, they only had 5 reliable receiving bodies while Michigan used 6 all season. After Dallas Baker, Andre Caldwell, Jemalle Cornelius, Percy Harvin and Cornelius Ingram...there are no other reliable options. Will those guys be enough to get it done? I don't think so. Ohio State are bigger playmakers on defense and that will be the difference in this game.​

Why I really like Ohio State -7: The Florida Gators come into this game averaging 28.8 points per game this season and they have done that on 398.1 total yards per game and 6.5 yards per play. That is the work of an offensive genius in Urban Meyer but Jim Tressel is the best coach Meyer has seen all year and maybe ever as a head coach. The Buckeyes are allowing only 10.4 points per game this season and allowing only 273.0 total yards per game and 4.6 yards per play. On the ground, Florida is averaging 160.3 rushing yards per game on 4.8 yards per carry this season. Ohio State's defense is allowing only 93.5 rushing yards per game on 3.3 yards per carry. In the air, QB Chris Leak is completing 62.9% of his passes for 8.3 yards per pass attempt, 22 touchdowns but 13 interceptions. I just can't get over those interceptions because he is prone to mistakes and mistakes kill in games like this. Ohio State also has one of the best LB corps in the Country and that is the leftovers from the AJ Hawk and Bobby Carpenter years. The Buckeyes have 37 sacks on the year and pressuring Leak is the key to this game because once again, he makes mistakes. If the Gators want to use Tim 'Superstar' Tebow they can, but it won't make a big difference and the Buckeyes will be ready.​

Ohio State comes into this game averaging a whopping 36.3 points per game this season on 409.8 total yards per game and 6.3 yards per play. Jim Tressel has his best team ever with the Buckeyes, even better than the 2001-2002 National Championship team he had. Not only is his offense better this year than 2002 but his defense is also better and their playmaking ability will be the difference in this game. The Buckeyes average 180.1 rushing yards per game on 4.7 yards per carry and they have the ability to move things on the ground to the point where the passing attack becomes lethal. Sure Florida is allowing only 74.5 rushing yards per game on 2.8 yards per carry but Antonio Pittman Chris Wells are licking their chops at a shot for glory. In the air, QB and Heisman Trophy winner Troy Smith is completing 67.0% of his passes this season for 8.4 yards per pass attempt, 30 touchdowns and 5 interceptions. He has been sacked only 13 times all season which is very important to mention because both teams are going to come after the opposing QB and wichever team has the most success getting through the line, will win and cover this game. What I find hilarious is the people who say that Florida's offensive line is just as good as Ohio State's. Are you kiddding me? Ohio State has a TOP 5 caliber offensive line while I don't even rank those Florida guys in the TOP 30 offensive lines in the Country. The Buckeyes should have a lot of success getting to Leak in this game while the Gators will try to get to Smith but won't have any success and that is when he will find Teddy Ginn Jr. or Anthony Gonzalez on the deep pass.​

Florida's secondary is actually better than Ohio State but they don't have as many interceptions and neither team has a TOP 10 secondary. That means that whichever team can put the most pressure on the opposing QB and relieve pressure on their secondary, will have no problems winning this game. Seeing that Vernon Gholston, Quinn Pitcock and Jay Richardson are all monsters off the line, I think Chris Leak can be harrassed enough times in this game that he we see him thrown that crucial interception late in the game that seals the deal for the Buckeyes.​

Flava you're an idiot, Florida covers easy: Okay fine. You have your opinion, and I have mine. I was on USC last year while some of you were on Texas. However, I don't know how many times I have to say this. USC and Texas were the two best teams in the Country last year hands down. Although Ohio State and Florida are both ranked #1 and #2 in the Country right now, the Gators are not the second best team in the Country, nor are they the third best team nor are they the fourth best team in the Country. I know this is going to piss some of you Florida guys off but the Gators relied too heavily on luck this year to win games and although luck could be a factor in this game, Ohio State is just too much of a force winning their games by 24+ points. That's as incredible as it gets to not have one team come within a touchdown of beating you until Michigan did it in the last game of the year. What side of this would you rather be on anyways? Would you rather be on the Ohio State 9-3 ATS side or would you rather take the overrated Gators with their 4-8 ATS record? It's not a tough decision. Would you rather take Jim Tressel who has won a National Title before or would you rather take Urban Meyer who's biggest win as a head coach was against Houston Nutt and the Arkansas Razorbacks in the SEC Title Game? This isn't even close.​

Final thoughts, you're either with me or you're not: Florida did everything right this year. However, if you look at the 6 games they played outside of Gainesville this year, their total margin of victory in those games was 3.5 points per game as they went 5-1 in those games. Ohio State played outside of Columbus 5 times going 5-0 in those games and winning those games by a 24 point margin. So you people who are taking Florida to win and/or cover this game are going to trust a team that could not pull away in big road games this season over a team that beat Texas by 17 points in only their first road game of the year and that followed that up by beating the living shit out of their other road opponents. That alone goes to show how well coached Ohio State is this season and how Jim Tressel has his players ready to play and ready to rumble in just about any part of the Country. We are in Arizona for this game and although there is a ton of hype around this game, I still feel that Ohio State should have been a 10 point favorite but the books didn't dare come out with a line like this. This game won't even be close and I just don't understand what Florida Gators fans and backers see in this team. You're either with me or against me in this one. Jim Tressel is a coach you can't count on when you need those extra few touchdowns to pull away at the end of a game. Troy Smith and Ted Ginn Jr. are two of the most exciting players in all of college football and both players are probably looking to finish their Ohio State careers with an impressive performance to up their NFL Draft stock. I'm sorry to all Florida backers who thought their team had a chance in this game. When was the last time a Florida team led by Chris Leak had so much hype around one game? They are not used to it while Troy Smith is used to all the hype you can get having been in games against Texas and Michigan this year. The Buckeyes are the class of the Nation and they'll win this game by 14+ points.​

Trend of the Game: Ohio State is 10-2 ATS in their last 12 games versus a team with a winning record.​

Ohio State 34, Florida 14​

:cheers:

Thanks to all for the fun year, see you in September!​

I think I'm the only one that isn't completely sold on Ohio State yet. Right now, gun to a head, I'm taking Florida +7x.

Good writeup but I don't put a lot of stock into the margin of victory away from home. Remember, Ohio State played some sad-sack Big 10 teams while the Gators went to play at some pretty virile SEC sites...

GL. I've got no action but I think we'll prolly need your side at the shop...

Mags said:
I think I'm the only one that isn't completely sold on Ohio State yet. Right now, gun to a head, I'm taking Florida +7x.

Mags, Every once-in-a-while underdogs win. But Fla isnt last years Texas with VY. The gap in this one is real BIG! (BIG 10)

Load up un the Buckeyes :shake:

Bro I LOVE your approach Bet it all , we should party one time ! However i respectfully disagree with the though that the Gators were lucky. What BLOCKING FG's over and over the same guy ? More skill than luck there. One block Lucky perhaps. 3 in the same game ? Special teams coaching along the line of scrimmage. This will be close. You may even lose straight up. We can talk over beers, hos and and mONEY TREE ! gh HERE MAN

100 UNITS? You'll have to excuse me as I'm new to this site, but I've never seen anyone bet 100 UNITS before. How much do you consider a UNIT to be for yourself?

That would be about $10,000 for me. Are you a big time gambler that bets a lot of DIMES? You seem pretty sure on this bet.

G-Man - last couple of years the BCS Champ has been the dog...straight up! At least a couple times that I can think of. I don't necessarily think the gap is that big, I guess we'll see. The only reason I haven't pulled the trigger yet is FL's pass defense. I think Meyer will surprise a hell of alot of people and keep this close.

Mags said:
G-Man - last couple of years the BCS Champ has been the dog...straight up! At least a couple times that I can think of. I don't necessarily think the gap is that big, I guess we'll see. The only reason I haven't pulled the trigger yet is FL's pass defense. I think Meyer will surprise a hell of alot of people and keep this close.

Thats why they play the games Mags. GL on what ever you play.:shake:

Bob Hope said:
100 UNITS? You'll have to excuse me as I'm new to this site, but I've never seen anyone bet 100 UNITS before. How much do you consider a UNIT to be for yourself?

That would be about $10,000 for me. Are you a big time gambler that bets a lot of DIMES? You seem pretty sure on this bet.

You're bang on the money. It will be a nice start to the summer if I win, somewhat some trouble if I lose. That's just the way I roll. GL

MistaFlava said:
You're bang on the money. It will be a nice start to the summer if I win, somewhat some trouble if I lose. That's just the way I roll. GL

I can loan-shark you some money Flava. Look at it as odds on a game. How about 11-5.? haha.

You wont need it . GL tonight

GL G-Man, Flava and the rest of the crew. It's been a pretty damn good year for me in College and the NFL. I'm laying my winnings from this week down on FL, hope to get 7x+ and sitting back and watching a good game (I hope)!

PEACE!

GL Mista - lot of good points in your writeup. Florida does have a SOS argument here but I don't think it will matter. This OSU team is loaded and will be able to spread Fla. out and run effectively out of the one back formation. My only concern is the OSU secondary but most of Fla.'s big plays in the passing game are YAC so if the secondary focuses on tackling well and keeping the plays in front of them they should be fine. I see OSU making the bigger plays in the passing game.

Love your analysis of why you bet, it was put together really nice. Rootin for the Buck Eyes.

Mista Flava I like your approach as sometime a gambler is defined by nailing the big ones. This is what it is all about putting a big stake on a big game.

I like the attitude as sometimes there is just the game that you have to play.

As for the SOS on these teams...Florida has the advantage but I don't value SOS as much as I do the way teams beat other teams regardless of strength and Ohio State has a big advantage there.

Altho it has taken some time to come around, I'm starting to like the way you roll; go for the gusto in life, we only go around once; already on it, glad to see you there as well. Good luck tonite.

You're attacking this game in very similar fashion as I did the
Rose Bowl last year. That was a huge game and play for, both of which were victorious.
Every one of of your writeups is taken into consideration by many here, I'm sure, before finalizing plays.

I am now sold.

Ohio State Buckeyes -7 it is !!!!

Good Luck

Troutman said:
Ohh I cant wait to come back to this thread at about 12 or 1230 to see what happens.

It won't be pretty either way. Im going to be hammered and one of two things is going to happen. a) ill be the happiest SOB in the world or b) Ill be pretty damn pissed off.

GL Flav,

Loved this team with troy Smith at the helm for the past 2 years but im going with my Gut and IMHO i think Gators keep it close with a chance to win SU.

I bet Ohio St. and was with You. Just thought it was funny that the half time score was 34-14 just Florida ahead. You will get them next year.

GirlieGirl said:
I bet Ohio St. and was with You. Just thought it was funny that the half time score was 34-14 just Florida ahead. You will get them next year.

somehow I don't think he is laughing

I am eating fuckin crow tonight...I can't believe what I am seeing.

I was so wrong about Ohio State, it's disgusting.

Flava-Keep your head up. Shit goes bad once in a while. I look forward to your write-ups on the NFL this weekend. Keep the faith.

Flava....shit happens man...

Good to see this thread staying classy..lets keep it that way please.

dude. you're eating more than crow. 10 grand. are you fucking serious? i live in malibu. and even 10 grand here is a lot of loose change. over a bowl game? your writeup was sound. but it was a fucking bowl game. sorry dude. you did a good call on SC. as for me. i could afford 10 grand but all i put on the buckeyes was 10 bucks. it was such a lame proposition compared to what's head in the nfl. i'm sorry about your loss. there's no amount of hard drinking that'll erase 10 grand.

malibu...and everyone...

please keep things cool. not saying anyone went overboard, but please do not even go there. this isn't covers...and the game is over and done with.

Hang in there dude. I lost a chunk last night as well. With NFL winding down, we still got tennis!

My apologies to Mista and the board if I sounded harsh or insensitive.

He contributes great capping. You're right I hate COVERS. And especially the immature bashing which my comments resembled. Someone else mentioned perhaps leaving your dollar amounts out of your wager acccounting. Using units.

Back