Missleading Finals, Scores, Bad handicaps, and Bad Beats.....

RonG

South Alabama almost made a lot of us look foolish. First and goal from the 6 with 37 seconds left and they throw a pick. I had to watch that ending on my phone and ESPN really sucked giving updated information. Way closer than I expected.
Wyoming backers got hosed with poor QB play in the fourth.
MTSU gave that game away with early turnovers and dropped passes. Still a good team to watch moving forward. QB is the real deal.

BGSU holds off a game winning 2 PT conv attempt to win.

Chippewas throw bomb to beat Okie Lite.

UConn O got off to slow start, falling behind 14-0. UConn D stopped Navy on 4th and goal to swing back momentum in the 2nd qrt. But on the next play Shirreffs was sneaking out of the EZ and he fumbled and Navy scored on D 21-0. UConn then fumbled the ensuing kickoff and the blowout looked on. But UConn D came through again and blk'd a Middies FG att. Shirreffs would go 7 of 7 and run the ball a couple times for an 80y TD drive right before half and UConn was back in it. With a 60y TD drive and an 86y fumble recovery for TD in the 3rd, game was tied. UConn took the lead 24-21 with 9 minutes left, but after a Navy put pinned UConn inside the 5, Middies forced a 3-and-out and with a short punt and a good return Navy was set up for a 17y TD drive for the lead with 3 minutes left. With two timeouts UConn's drive begins at their own 20. Shirreffs was 6 of 6 and rushed for 20y on the drive.

Now with 1 timeout left and the clock stopped, they were at the Navy 1 they lined up for 2nd down play. BUT somebody called timeout, their last timeout. Announcers were like "that is a good timeout right there, get your right play" No dumb fucks, it was a horrible timeout, now they had none left and only :17 seconds in the game. UConn lines up and runs a HB dive play off center, Navy stuffs it, clock ticks, the ref didn't even get the ball back to the line of scrimmage until maybe :02 left and UConn couldn't get lined up and they lost by 4.

I had UConn ML and UConn over regular season wins so it was a tough loss.

WKU backdoored with a 3 play 26y drive only losing by 28 with under 1 minute left (set up by Alabama fumble). I know Alabama had 1 TD called back by penalty (had to punt that drive), not sure if Bama left any other points off the board. Nick was not happy with the performance from the players and his coaches post game to say the least.

Oregon appeared to have the front door cover with a TD on their final drive, but penalty brought back the score and Ducks ran out the clock winning by 18.

TCU appeared to have the potential game winning TD in the final minute of the 4th qrt, but penalty brought it back, where they ultimately settled for a FG att (blk'd) and then lost in double OT.

SD St goes up by 11 on a Pumphrey score with under 3 minutes left. Stupid announcers acted like Cal had no shot "that all but seals it". With 2 timeouts Cal goes 74y (included an SD St offside penalty on 4th and 4) for TD, miss the 2 pt conversion, now down 5 (line was closing around 5 or 5.5 near kickoff - I had 5.5). Cal gets the onside and looked poised for a win, converting another 4th down and then missing a would-be TD. I think it was the next play or maybe a couple later, Kazee had a dramatic bobbled INT to get Aztecs the noncovering win.

Indiana up 30-3 heading into the 4th qtr with ball st driving. Ball gets a fg, a punt return td and a late score for the backdoor cover and made the game look closer than it was.

28-21 UCLA with under 12 minutes to play. Punched in a TD and had a very nice late game ending drive for a TD to salt it away. Prior to the 4th qtr total yardage was relatively even

WKU backdoored with a 3 play 26y drive only losing by 28 with under 1 minute left (set up by Alabama fumble). I know Alabama had 1 TD called back by penalty (had to punt that drive), not sure if Bama left any other points off the board. Nick was not happy with the performance from the players and his coaches post game to say the least.

Oregon appeared to have the front door cover with a TD on their final drive, but penalty brought back the score and Ducks ran out the clock winning by 18.

TCU appeared to have the potential game winning TD in the final minute of the 4th qrt, but penalty brought it back, where they ultimately settled for a FG att (blk'd) and then lost in double OT.

Haven't seen the stats but it's the most drops I've seen from Bama in past 5 years, multiple long wide open TD drops. The dominance was strong in this one, was a totally different type of dominance also letting Hurts utilize the riches on the perimeter and pretty much ignoring the traditional Bama run game. Bama did get a defensive score but the 38 scored should have been more. Just absolutely made a really, really good passing offense look childish. More of that to come next week.

SMU - Baylor were tied 6-6 at half, but SMU had a 257 - 177 yard edge. Mustangs kicked 2 FGs from inside the Baylor 10 after 9 play 67y and 13 84y drives. Baylor's FGs were kicked from the 18 and 21 following 15p 55y and 4p 4y drives (the later drive was obtained off SMU fumble).

2nd half trailing 13-6 SMU did have a 1st and goal at the Baylor 4, but 2 plays later threw INT ret'd 62y for a 38y Baylor TD drive. On the very next drive SMU threw a pick-six and Baylor led 26-6 when it could've been 13-13 if SMU scored without the turnovers.

SMU did go 75y for TD after that, but their final 5 drives netted just 33 yards. SMU QB Ben Hicks (Davis DNP) was just 17 of 44, BU QB Russell was better but not much.

UConn O got off to slow start, falling behind 14-0. UConn D stopped Navy on 4th and goal to swing back momentum in the 2nd qrt. But on the next play Shirreffs was sneaking out of the EZ and he fumbled and Navy scored on D 21-0. UConn then fumbled the ensuing kickoff and the blowout looked on. But UConn D came through again and blk'd a Middies FG att. Shirreffs would go 7 of 7 and run the ball a couple times for an 80y TD drive right before half and UConn was back in it. With a 60y TD drive and an 86y fumble recovery for TD in the 3rd, game was tied. UConn took the lead 24-21 with 9 minutes left, but after a Navy put pinned UConn inside the 5, Middies forced a 3-and-out and with a short punt and a good return Navy was set up for a 17y TD drive for the lead with 3 minutes left. With two timeouts UConn's drive begins at their own 20. Shirreffs was 6 of 6 and rushed for 20y on the drive.

Now with 1 timeout left and the clock stopped, they were at the Navy 1 they lined up for 2nd down play. BUT somebody called timeout, their last timeout. Announcers were like "that is a good timeout right there, get your right play" No dumb fucks, it was a horrible timeout, now they had none left and only :17 seconds in the game. UConn lines up and runs a HB dive play off center, Navy stuffs it, clock ticks, the ref didn't even get the ball back to the line of scrimmage until maybe :02 left and UConn couldn't get lined up and they lost by 4.

I had UConn ML and UConn over regular season wins so it was a tough loss.

Very nice recap, mr s--k.
A great game and I feel for your loss. Like the U Conn kids, you deserved better. I have to be happy with my push.

Can concur on Wyoming and San Diego state. Two painful losses.

Wyoming was down only 7 early in 4th quarter. Nebraska was sloppy, and their qb continues to make poor decisions. He's an int waiting to happen every time he throws it.

cal/sdsu game if you had cal you had to be feeling comfortable even down late as Aztecs had zero answer for cal passing attack. I had sdsu and already knew that I would get backdoored.

Uconn HC is an idiot for going with a dive, out of timeouts and anyone who follows CFB knows that Navy is taught to lay on the ball-carrier in these situations - seen them do it many times over the years.

Once that last TO was burned, its 3 pass plays or a jet sweep toward a sideline to at least possibly go out of bounds. God awful decision

VT had 5 turnovers, 4 in their own territory... also Tenn acted like they won the national championship afterwards

The VPI fumble thing is unbelievable. They've lost nine fumbles in two games. Duke (with 7) is the only other team that has lost more than 4. When you get five fumbles from the other team, the score is almost always going to be misleading.

I doubt there was anyone here on the Arky/TCU UNDER, but the number was 57-59, and the score was 20-7 heading into the 4th quarter. OVER backers were essentially 30 points from pay-dirt. Then all hell broke loose, and the OVER covered easily!

Back