• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

Week 4 Writeups and Hopefully Feedback

Good thread!

I dont play much FCS, but I couldnt resist ODU -25.5. They are playing a team that may be the worst team they have ever faced. Im guessing weather is why the line is lower but it looks like the weather will be gone. The field drains well.

I would think ODU names the score today. I dont need any in depth analysis for that. 42-0 at half?

Had a few others I liked, but just couldn't quite justify them.

I like UCLA a lot today, but I'm waiting to see what happens with Rising. I'll probably be on UCLA regardless but was a little afraid that if it comes out that he's out, the line might get even lower than the 3.5ish spot it's at now. Utah's offense hasn't looked good, and it might not look great right off the bat with Rising either.I think UCLA is going to move the ball on them. Steele looks great running the ball and they have weapons outside. If the Freshman struggles with the moment, they have guys that can step in for him at QB.

I would have played BG +13 if I knew that they had 22 healthy guys to suit up. Great spot to fade Ohio IMO and their defense has been surprisingly solid. They have no idea if they have a healthy QB however so I passed.

I wanted to fade Mississippi State on the road at South Carolina, but 6 is a bit too much for me to way with the Gamecocks. I think Zach Arnett(??) looks completely overmatched and I'm thinking Rattler will torch that young secondary in their first road game of the year.

EMU is a great dog and I don't think Jax State is worthy of laying 7, but if you watched that offense EMU trotted out there last week, I have no idea how they'll score. I'll probably end up trusting Creighton but if I have zero zip nada positive to say about an offense, I can't make a case in a write up

Pitt's offense also scared me off, but at some point they have to show something don't they? You'll probably never have that much value(+7) with a Narduzzi team, and Drake Maye has looked very mortal so far this year. Pitt's defense is still good. I certainly wouldn't lay it with Mack Brown in that one.

Arkansas is a lot of points...just seemed fishy to me.

I hope everyone has a great week!!
Really like BG too. Hopefully we hear something before kick

Had a few others I liked, but just couldn't quite justify them.

I like UCLA a lot today, but I'm waiting to see what happens with Rising. I'll probably be on UCLA regardless but was a little afraid that if it comes out that he's out, the line might get even lower than the 3.5ish spot it's at now. Utah's offense hasn't looked good, and it might not look great right off the bat with Rising either.I think UCLA is going to move the ball on them. Steele looks great running the ball and they have weapons outside. If the Freshman struggles with the moment, they have guys that can step in for him at QB.

I would have played BG +13 if I knew that they had 22 healthy guys to suit up. Great spot to fade Ohio IMO and their defense has been surprisingly solid. They have no idea if they have a healthy QB however so I passed.

I wanted to fade Mississippi State on the road at South Carolina, but 6 is a bit too much for me to way with the Gamecocks. I think Zach Arnett(??) looks completely overmatched and I'm thinking Rattler will torch that young secondary in their first road game of the year.

EMU is a great dog and I don't think Jax State is worthy of laying 7, but if you watched that offense EMU trotted out there last week, I have no idea how they'll score. I'll probably end up trusting Creighton but if I have zero zip nada positive to say about an offense, I can't make a case in a write up

Pitt's offense also scared me off, but at some point they have to show something don't they? You'll probably never have that much value(+7) with a Narduzzi team, and Drake Maye has looked very mortal so far this year. Pitt's defense is still good. I certainly wouldn't lay it with Mack Brown in that one.

Arkansas is a lot of points...just seemed fishy to me.

I hope everyone has a great week!!

According to "sources" Rising won't play.

Good luck today Brass and as always thanks for the posts and in depth reasons behind them...

:cheers3:

Good thread!

I dont play much FCS, but I couldnt resist ODU -25.5. They are playing a team that may be the worst team they have ever faced. Im guessing weather is why the line is lower but it looks like the weather will be gone. The field drains well.

I would think ODU names the score today. I dont need any in depth analysis for that. 42-0 at half?
Thanks Dollaz. On it!

Regarding UCLA, my #1 fear was getting stuck with a short line and then Rising plays, so I misspoke about that earlier. Still gonna wait a bit, but if Rising doesn't play I think UCLA wins that game. Gonna be all over the place today wit kid appointments, etc, so will be in and out, but I am pro UCLA today.

Like UCLA a lot too. This is Chip’s best team there.

Same here, just kinda skittish bout playing a very young qb in thar stadium, I assume utes don’t lose at home very often? I was also hoping at some point Rising would get announced as playing and line would get up closer to 7, not thrilled with it moving down towards a stinking fg!!

Good thread!

I would think ODU names the score today. I dont need any in depth analysis for that. 42-0 at ha
Good thread!

Damn I can’t believe how bad ODU is playing so far….

Regarding UCLA, my #1 fear was getting stuck with a short line and then Rising plays, so I misspoke about that earlier. Still gonna wait a bit, but if Rising doesn't play I think UCLA wins that game. Gonna be all over the place today wit kid appointments, etc, so will be in and out, but I am pro UCLA today.
Very surprised Chip didn't go to one of his other QBs. Playing the long game I guess, which I can understand. I know Moore is a great talent, but I was surprised how much he struggled getting out of the pocket. I'm sure Utah tried to scheme it to keep him in there, but even so, you'd think he could get out sometimes.

Back