men hoops

• Thread starter Thread starter ontime23
  • Start date Start date
i'm playing both overs in gold and bronze game. Probably the 1h over as well.

Think I have to play the UNDER USA . Just seems like Spain is going to have trouble creating shots w/o Calderon. They have shot below expectations from beyond the arc and clearly rely heavily on Pau Gasol to score . Every big possession goes through him. After last game for the US one would expect some sort of zone for Spain and doubt USA learned there lesson ....

Even thinking about taking the points because USA offensive game lacked cohesiveness vs Argentina and dont expect them to stretch a lead out . Argentina lost its best player shortly into the game , one of its better players could barely walk and Delfino was off shooting the trey . Think any lead would stretch to 25ish points and last few minutes of the game it could be cut to 16-18 ...seems like just to big a clip . What if the US starts tight ? or slow like it had every game before last ?

Anyway at the moment 1st glimpse thinking UNDER and ++ Spain....:cheers:

I liked the bronze medal game over enough to play it...but can I ask why people are fans of the gold medal game over?

I love playing overs and would love to play this game over, but I don't want to go into it without some logic.

Thanks for your thoughts, Nut.

Regarding the total, I hadn't even thought of the lack of Calderon hurting Spain's chances at scoring- I was thinking more about my opinion that Gasol is going to have a hard time getting into good offensive rhythm tonight.

Hasn't Spain been one of the worsts 3-pt. shooting teams in the Olympics? If Gasol can't get going & Spain shoots like trash from beyond the arc, the over could have trouble hitting.

Ha...now I'm talking myself into an under lean...

Paying like half attention to it while I look at some stuff for the US game. Gonna need one nice cold spell for it to at least not go over . Guess I just feel Argintina's depth will come back to haunt them at some point ...

Uhm cold spell -since I typed that

Thanks for your thoughts, Nut.

Regarding the total, I hadn't even thought of the lack of Calderon hurting Spain's chances at scoring- I was thinking more about my opinion that Gasol is going to have a hard time getting into good offensive rhythm tonight.

Hasn't Spain been one of the worsts 3-pt. shooting teams in the Olympics? If Gasol can't get going & Spain shoots like trash from beyond the arc, the over could have trouble hitting.

Ha...now I'm talking myself into an under lean...

Believe so . Not sure where you can find those type stats buts its been mentioned they havent shot well from the outside repeatedly on TV. They shot a ton of FTs vs Lithunia and they havent always hit a high % and usually dont get that many freebies either . Thought Gasol played great but Spain is gonna need some players besides Fernandez to pick it up. Without checking think there bench was like 4-21 from the floor . Rubio is great with his quick release passes but he isnt crisp with them from what I have seen and offensively looks rattled and uncomfortable most times . Of course its amazing the kids 17 or so but he looks like a kid often IMO.

Thats basically what I am thinking . Spain knows theyhave to protect the ball and slow it down because they cant score in spurts . The US seems very willing as we said last time to be forced into settling for long jumpers . Which with Melo and Kobe is often all or nothing .

Was thinking how the US has played defense so far Spain would be about 75 pts ..guess at 182 /-21.5 there expecting 102-80 ish...me I am expecting a tad below that ...

Still looking at some of the boxscores though...:cheers:

Watching the USA line bump up a half everytime I check makes me think every bettor is relying soley on the 1st game vs Spain and the performance they saw from Spain vs Lithunia...

Had to wait all day and every inning to sweat out a damn play on the UND 147 Grand Salami in baseball ......ended on 146.

Dont think its dropping . Seems like the flow is just all US money . I know Pinny has 22 and Greek -22.5 . Pretty much the same happened with the last US game as it closed at what -21.5 I think?

Put it this way if your gonna be up and dont mind paying attention then wait . If you dont feel like watching a silly line bounce around then take the +23 . I would doubt it gets to +25 even at an offsite book so what are you giving up then by putting it in now ...+24 ? Not much off a difference between 23 and 24 but then again every game has been tight .

I think +23 is great though ...

Dont think its dropping . Seems like the flow is just all US money . I know Pinny has 22 and Greek -22.5 . Pretty much the same happened with the last US game as it closed at what -21.5 I think?

Put it this way if your gonna be up and dont mind paying attention then wait . If you dont feel like watching a silly line bounce around then take the +23 . I would doubt it gets to +25 even at an offsite book so what are you giving up then by putting it in now ...+24 ? Not much off a difference between 23 and 24 but then again every game has been tight .

I think +23 is great though ...

Thats what I thought I went ahead and took the 23 pts

Lithuania isn't helping this over backer either...

They already said it on TV but Lithuania always helps out with constant fouls . Tons of FTs in there games and they usually are very good from the line. Probably a good sign of there disinterest here(poor early FT shooting) . If Manu was healthy I thought they would have been about -1.5 so maybe in hindsight the line was shaded way to much for his absence.

Think you just have to be above 116 to start the 4th but obviously 126 is nicer..

Any final thoughts Nut?....I'm seeing +23 -105 at my book. Sorta liking that 182.5 over...as I think that there may be a lot of garbage buckets at the end. Thoughts if you're still around?

Any final thoughts Nut?....I'm seeing +23 -105 at my book. Sorta liking that 182.5 over...as I think that there may be a lot of garbage buckets at the end. Thoughts if you're still around?

Just played UND 182 and +22 and +23 . Really the same deal gonna come down to how they shot the 3 and there FT's...

Good Luck all:cheers:

Can I switch to the over ?

Cant even enjoy the game ...have to hope Spain covers or piss away some loot on this ...

Well Spain was pretty easly losing by 11 but why did I have to touch the total? Was only off by 50 pts or so ...Sorry for that ...It was just so obvious that everyone was betting the US watching that number run . Should have just pounded the doggie....hope some did...and hope the rest ignored my under points..

Back