Mayweather/McGregor August 26th

Not sure how he continues to gas. He landed some shots but im not sure how much floyd was trying early. Still entertaining.

Nothing is interesting at the UFC since Khabib cant make 155.

Connor def has my respect

He was much much better than I thought he would be

Floyd also looked a little older than I thought too

Appreciate links JK and Mogo, wouldnt have seen it otherwise, and glad I did. It was interesting, some points borderline exciting, but much more hype than substance. It was cool tho and always interesting when the public loses on huge events, it doesnt make me happy (i had no bets on) just interesting and reaffirming about these types of things.

McGregor:

I turned him into a Mexican. I took the early rounds pretty handily. He’s composed. He’s not that fast or powerful, but he’s composed. I got to give him respect. I thought it was a little early the stoppage. There’s a lot on the line, they should have kept it going. I was fatigued. Early on, I felt it was handy enough. That’s what 50 pro fights will give to you. I don’t know if I’m pleased. I would have liked him to let it go. Everything was different, I thought it was close. Let me go down, let the man put me down, wobbly and fatigued. I don’t know. Of course [i’ll go back], the game changes. I thought it was close. You’ve got to put me out. I don’t know what to feel. I’ll take it on the chin. It’s another day for me.

and

He's composed, he's not that fast, he's not that powerful, but boy is he composed in there.

I thought it was close though and I thought it was a bit of an early stoppage. I was just a little fatigued. He was just a lot more composed with his shots.

Mayweather:

He’s a tough competitor, we gave the fans what they wanted to see. He’s a lot better than I thought he was. I was the better man tonight. That was our game plan, take our time, then take him out at the end, down the stretch. We wanted him to shoot heavy shots at the beginning. After 25 minutes, he slowed down. If I’m not mistaken, I guaranteed this fight wouldn’t go the distance. Boxing is a hell of a sport, MMA is a hell of a sport. I want to thank the fans. Our game plan was to go straight ahead, I wouldn’t back up. I couldn’t do it (50-0) without the fans. Rocky Marciano is a legend, I look forward to going down in the hall of fame some day. This was my last fight ladies and gentleman. For sure, tonight was my last fight. I chose the right dance partner to dance with. To the country of Ireland, we love these guys.

and

My game plan was to go straight ahead. I guaranteed it wouldn’t go the distance. I’m 40 years old, he’s a tough competitor. [Highlight of your career?] Just turning professional, every fight was a key. He’s a stand up guy. We took our time. [How do you want to be remembered?] As a great person, not just inside the ring, but outside the ring.

Every time, i see young, obviously beyond rich dudes sitting in first few rows of fight like last night, i think of the great movie payback and its great appeal to me.

Ironically I didn't purchase the fight last night but would buy Connor/Paulie, probably because the hype would be less and I think it could be great

The hate between McGregor and Mayweather was so fabricated it became cheesy. I really think the hate between McGregor and Paulie is completely real as far as I can tell and that's compelling. It will sell, and Paulie being from Brooklyn, the NYC market might well be hooked on it

Stick to the octagon Conor. I know it's more lucrative in the ring but he's an amateur boxing. He's an assassin with MMA rules.

But it's the difference between about 50 million or more and a couple million. That kinda matters.

It's Paulie, we know that at this point
I thought about this....but Connor looked like a giant next to Floyd

Paulie might be too little....and Paulie( and I fucking LOVE Paulie) has stood in there with HOf'ers but he has pillows for fists. I hope he doesn't do it.....Connor too too big

No chance in hell Conor can last past round 6 unless he trains for 8 months as a boxer. That's my take and I'm sticking to it.

Paulie will destroy him, stamina again vitally important
I don't think so

Paulie was a terrible fit at 147.....he had ZERO power at junior welter bro

Id be on on Connor in a second...especially if Paulie fucked around at tried it at a heavier weight

Connor would know how to go deeper also

Paulie is a back up boxer like Floyd but like Floyd is Guinness beer he is keystone light

I doubt the fight happens....but Paulie is super shot too and if he dared at that weight he would get drilled I think

Interesting, I think Paulie would knock him out early but just in case, he'd last when Conor falters as well

I think it's a mismatch

Skip Bayless is such a clown. Saying McGregor got robbed by the refs. LOL. This clown never just admits he's wrong. I'd love to slap the shit out of him.

Reactions: KJ
Lebetard was pretty convincing this morning about Floyd just carrying fight till he chose to end it. Meaning he could have ended it any time but the 10th round is a respectable fight, and big money had under 9.5. More than rope a dopin, more like chilling

Back