Mayweather/McGregor August 26th

guaranteeed

Pretty much a regular
Yahoo saying it's signed

https://sports.yahoo.com/floyd-mayweather-conor-mcgregor-fight-finalized-aug-26-205101486.html

[FONT=&quot]Unbeaten boxer Floyd Mayweather will fight UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor in a much-discussed boxing match on Aug. 26 in Las Vegas, a well-placed source told Yahoo Sports on Wednesday. Mayweather is expected to make the announcement on social media as early as Wednesday.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Terms of the deal were not available, but it will either be at the MGM Grand Garden or T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The Nevada Athletic Commission on Wednesday approved the request from Mayweather Promotions to put on a boxing card on Aug. 26 at the MGM Grand. The venue could change, however, to T-Mobile.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It is a stunning development given that Mayweather, the greatest boxer of his era, had said he was retired after compiling a 49-0 pro record from 1996 through 2015. But with a fight which could pay each man in excess of $100 million, he reconsidered.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Neither UFC president Dana White, Mayweather Promotions CEO Leonard Ellerbe or Showtime’s Stephen Espinoza could be reached for comment.[/FONT]

Floyd will win a boxing match up. Conor will win a MMA match up. Pretty simple. For this fight i say Floyd in a unanimous decision. I doubt he'll knock Conor out.

Be prepared for an entertaining lead up to the fight.

hell yes!!!

my free room at Aria and flight was booked 2 weeks ago for that weekend!

hope those dates get set!

I mean the only thing I could think is that

-Floyd gets old overnight........he doesn't. This ain't Mayorga
-4oz gloves......seems 10oz
-Connor gets 3 years to train to box....no, it's in Audust

Connor rocks. The promo will be cool...it will break PPV records....

he has no chance.....and he could get knocked around....I'm just trying to see a win for him....have to be a Hasim Rock punch

Ya fighters chance of course but you just don't jump in the ring and beat Mayweather or any of the fighters near his class. It isn't just Mayweather that would beat him in a boxing ring it is the top 50 guys in that division.

This is gonna be Jordan playing baseball except instead of striking out against minor league pitchers, Connor is going to strike out against Clemens past his prime.

Price seems short on the favorite.

Looks like -950/+625 this morning. Only thing I would be interested in is the over or going the distance. That's not posted yet and am going to guess it will be juiced to hell. Hope McGregor grapples him and knees him in the head and knocks him out and gets disqualified. One can hope.

Who's actually going to buy this?

I'll likely either buy or chip in for Canelo/GGG but sure as fuck not this. If I can't get it free I'll watch the ticker.

Yea, not sure about the fight, but for damn sure I know I wouldn't lay all that juice on TMT. The casual bettor won't either, they will go for the huge dog, especially that its McGreggor.

anyone know the amount the Irishman is getting? I know TMT is getting $100 million + easily

Yea, not sure about the fight, but for damn sure I know I wouldn't lay all that juice on TMT. The casual bettor won't either, they will go for the huge dog, especially that its McGreggor.

anyone know the amount the Irishman is getting? I know TMT is getting $100 million + easily
175floyd
100 irish

It's like man vs beast on fox, it's kinda interesting at best

The days before will be wayyyyyyyyy more interesting

But twink, I was actually curious as to who, here, will buy it...not some marketing debate. I get that it will get plenty of sales for whatever dubious reason.

I'm far from a boxing expert, but I'm going guess that Floyd spends tons of time studying tape on his opponents, there isn't any on Conor so I guess he has the element of surprise goingfor him.

Conor always seems to go full tilt from the very start, So unless he gets lucky and knocks him out early I think he is going be pretty gassed by the mid rounds . I think Floyd probably knocks him out in the mid rounds

and yes 100% I will be watching and either buying this fight at my place or chipping in to watch it at a friends

this is by far the most interesting boxing matchup since I was in high school with Tyson/Holyfield

I'm far from a boxing expert, but I'm going guess that Floyd spends tons of time studying tape on his opponents, there isn't any on Conor so I guess he has the element of surprise goingfor him.

Conor always seems to go full tilt from the very start, So unless he gets lucky and knocks him out early I think he is going be pretty gassed by the mid rounds . I think Floyd probably knocks him out in the mid rounds

and yes 100% I will be watching and either buying this fight at my place or chipping in to watch it at a friends

this is by far the most interesting boxing matchup since I was in high school with Tyson/Holyfield

exactly!

And to think people say Floyd ruined boxing lol lol

this is the only fight this year thats going to get any mainstream publicity and its an exhibition

not sure how you can say this is somehow proof he didnt

canelo/ggg is arguably the 'best' match in 5+ years and its going to get the same coverage media wise that a mid-level UFC November card gets

Canelo/GGG is the best match since I was in high school ('93) and it won't get the hype this thing will

But I will buy it or be somewhere and chip in

Who's actually going to buy this?

I'll likely either buy or chip in for Canelo/GGG but sure as fuck not this. If I can't get it free I'll watch the ticker.

yes

and hopefully this fight right before bring the casual fan into what should be a cracker!

this is the only fight this year thats going to get any mainstream publicity and its an exhibition

not sure how you can say this is somehow proof he didnt

canelo/ggg is arguably the 'best' match in 5+ years and its going to get the same coverage media wise that a mid-level UFC November card gets
floyd
has done a ton for the sport

you disagree?

Nate Diaz's stand up not even close to Mayweather and he worked Conor. it's going to be an easy win for Mayweather.

i see Conor getting tagged consistently, then taking a shot at a take-down and getting DQ'd.

i don't get the line though... it's been dropping since it opened around +1100/-2500... just last month it was an even more reasonable +1000/-1500... now

[TABLE="class: lines"]
<tbody>[TR="class: linesSubHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"]<small>Super Welterweight 12 rounds - T-Mobile Arena - Las Vegas, Nevada - Showtime PPV</small>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRow"]
[TD]Sat 8/26[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]501 Conor McGregor[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M1_18" size="4"> +450[/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="L1_18" size="4"> o9½ -110[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRowBot"]
[TD]11:00PM[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]502 Floyd Mayweather Jr[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M2_18" size="4"> -600[/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="L2_18" size="4"> u9½ -110[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

people/public anyone is laying money on the Irishman.

for one, who the fuk would lay -600 on anything? I mean yea, there are people, can never understand why, but not my money.

Vegas will adjust right
I mean why offer +1000 when people are willing to still take it at +450

My guess isn't gets bet down

People will want to bet Conor, then it gets pounded day of or a view days before

How many parlays is Floyd gonna be in with NCAA openers

Floyd will be a great parlay partner for anyone that wants to bet GGG

Still, shenanigans...

its in a worse place now than before he started

he's turned plenty of people off of it with a majority of his fights being 'boring' + his DV issues
maybe

but that not being fair to Floyd

De La Hoya was in that era, so really saying that w/o nodding to the DLH factor is being disingenuous

Sugar Shane was my fave and gave Floyd plenty to handle for the first few rounds

And that was basically at the end of his career

Floyd is gonna frustrate Conor so much that he'll forget it's a boxing match and pull some WWE shit lol. This won't be close.

I'll definitely watch it with a bunch of friends. But agree the GGG/Canelo fight is 100 times better. This is just a media side show with two loud mouths who like to talk.

I was saying the same thing to some buddies last night. Connor will get frustrated and kick or take Floyd down to the ground some how ?
OR Is it possible that Floyd catches Conner and stuns him and Connor uses his knee or kick out of instinct. Just from being dazed or something

Back