March NBA Discussion Thread

more proof that the nba is so inconsistent....i have been against the grizz quite a bit lately as they have ben one of the worst performing teams in the league for a while now....terrible actually....and then on Monday they play the best game i have seen them play....excellent distribution on o and a concerted "team" effort...and low and behold the beat the wolves....imagine that....so i'm thinking that they had fun being unselfish and it will carry over for one more game....as i say to myself "who in his right mind would cap a game this way?" grizz +5.5

its not inconsistent,... you just need to be able to cap what players will give effort and which players will half ass games.... at the end of the day this ia their job.... nobody gives 100% at work all the time.... there are a lot of low productivity days.... and the nba schedule has gotten easier but its still brutal at times. They play too many games and the rest of this season is meaningless for a bunch of teams... including playoff teams

there is a reason the star player out angle works...

Don't blame the league. Use it to your advantage.

highly doubt it

he has faced very little adversity compared to others... that's what leads to coaches getting votes

People are going to point to him changing the entire system of the team

In terms of actual coaching having an effect on a teams season thats pretty high

Seen tons of writers say hes the favorite if they win the East

I think stevens is a better coach in general

But awards go to the 'narrative'

No they don’t. And the raptors do not have the better narrative and Boston could easily still catch them.

Stevens is BY FAR the better coach.

If you keep all else equal (rosters, injuries etc) and you replace Casey and Stevens with BAR as head coach, which team falls further in the standings?

Stevens is arguably worth the most points on the betting line out of any coach in the nba.

No they don’t. And the raptors do not have the better narrative and Boston could easily still catch them.

Stevens is BY FAR the better coach.

If you keep all else equal (rosters, injuries etc) and you replace Casey and Stevens with BAR as head coach, which team falls further in the standings?

Stevens is arguably worth the most points on the betting line out of any coach in the nba.

I said stevens was the better coach, dont know what you're arguing there about

I just don't think the raptors have a better "narrative" than Boston....

its amazing how lucky toronto has been this season on the injury front....

I think people have, zach Lowe a lot, pointed too their completely changed offense, way less iso, way more ball movement and 3s

Plus hes used the bench so well, even hsd them close games vs good teams and win

Most people in toronto thought he easily could have been fired last year

Stevens is that a brand new player got injured....

If the award was just best coach it would go to pop or stevens or Carlisle every year

Keep an eye on tankgate teams. The Mavs the other night had a lead at half, and were either up 1 or down 1 going to the 4th, a game they could have won. Did we see Harrison Barnes? No. Dennis Smith Jr? No. Even Dirk? No. We saw motley, kleber, collinsworth, jones, and some other end of the bench/g league talent. Clearly winning is not on their agenda.

[QUOTE="guaranteeed, post: 3282530, member: 448"]I think people have, zach Lowe a lot, pointed too their completely changed offense, way less iso, way more ball movement and 3s

Plus hes used the bench so well, even hsd them close games vs good teams and win

If the award was just best coach it would go to pop or stevens or Carlisle every year[/QUOTE]

heard this on radio about how the Denver game was their 15th game this year with 30 or more assists in a game by the team, prior to that it only happened once in the last 3-4 seasons.

I think people have, zach Lowe a lot, pointed too their completely changed offense, way less iso, way more ball movement and 3s

If the award was just best coach it would go to pop or stevens or Carlisle every year

What do you mean.... its not just Hayward..... How many games have the Raptors starting 5 or their big 3 missed this season?

I do not think things like the offense being overhauled make that big of an impact on the voters minds....

another thing that I think works against Casey is that the Raptors do not get that much attention in the national spotlight.... until the playoffs where all they have done is choke...

will be interesting.

The narrative tht the raps don’t get attention has already caught attention this year. All the “experts” south of the border talk about the raptors the league just doesn’t put them on tv.

Choking is the Washington Capitals who won the presidents cup in hockey and don’t make it to the finals, no one made the Raptors favourites over LeBron when they faced them.

Probably comes off homerish. I was the fan who wanted Casey gone after last year and had no hope he would change and am not eating my words.

its not inconsistent,... you just need to be able to cap what players will give effort and which players will half ass games.... at the end of the day this ia their job.... nobody gives 100% at work all the time.... there are a lot of low productivity days.... and the nba schedule has gotten easier but its still brutal at times. They play too many games and the rest of this season is meaningless for a bunch of teams... including playoff teams

there is a reason the star player out angle works...

Don't blame the league. Use it to your advantage.

solis point

Back