Our markets are getting ready to tank big time, therein lies just one of many issues

3k sq feet on Camelback prolly 2 mil
where you think markets are headed in general? I'm putting a bid on a flip tomorrow or Thursday I think. Will be my first one and realtor thinks I'll net 15-20% profit. Gonna take me until May to get it rehabbed so a little concerned the market could turn by then and it doesn't sell for what I hope it will.

Cause obviously disqualifying reduces the number of non-eggregious targeting incidents. Fuck this shit. Feel bad flr the kid. Good. Hit jorja harder

where you think markets are headed in general? I'm putting a bid on a flip tomorrow or Thursday I think. Will be my first one and realtor thinks I'll net 15-20% profit. Gonna take me until May to get it rehabbed so a little concerned the market could turn by then and it doesn't sell for what I hope it will.

That would be the concern, just how fast it happens. I'd get that puppy ready asap, naturally there summer months would net the most profit but I'm seriously afraid of what inflation is going to do to rates/ability to repay and the market in general will see the trickle effect fairly quickly (ie people can't sell or can't afford the prices leads to valuations being lower) Just not sure where the barrier is. This Fed chief seems to not care about inflation and keeping rates sustainable, legislation is going to hit manufacturing and farmers at a ridiculous pace I'd suspect.

That would be the concern, just how fast it happens. I'd get that puppy ready asap, naturally there summer months would net the most profit but I'm seriously afraid of what inflation is going to do to rates/ability to repay and the market in general will see the trickle effect fairly quickly (ie people can't sell or can't afford the prices leads to valuations being lower) Just not sure where the barrier is. This Fed chief seems to not care about inflation and keeping rates sustainable, legislation is going to hit manufacturing and farmers at a ridiculous pace I'd suspect.
:shake:

we share similar thoughts

You're in the biz P, what are your thoughts?
trade war is trickling into lots of businesses and hurting profits. We've seen peak profits IMO and things will moderate but nothing that indicates a recession - at least not in 2019. Markets adjusting to a lower growth environment which is causing the volatility.

Companies still largely profitable - just less than they have been and comps are going to start to get real tough compared to last year starting this quarter. No bump from the tax plan this year to fall back on.

Willekes broke his leg in a meaningless game. Bowl games are slowly turning into the Pro Bowl. I remember when I was a kid the Pro Bowl was a watchable thing
Willekes broke his leg in a meaningless game. Bowl games are slowly turning into the Pro Bowl. I remember when I was a kid the Pro Bowl was a watchable thing
The pro bowl has NEVER been watchable.

trade war is trickling into lots of businesses and hurting profits. We've seen peak profits IMO and things will moderate but nothing that indicates a recession - at least not in 2019. Markets adjusting to a lower growth environment which is causing the volatility.

Companies still largely profitable - just less than they have been and comps are going to start to get real tough compared to last year starting this quarter. No bump from the tax plan this year to fall back on.

Tbh mate I went to a conference last month with multiple banks including the big boys... everyone is preparing for a recession in late 19-early 20

I get it .. it is the last game before the nfl draft ...

but if we are talking meaningless games .. for most teams that is every game before the season starts and by midseason it represents about 90% of the games.

Yep saw after I typed

Buncha hunching shoulders my guess while industry folks try to get a grip on this
ya, ask 100 people you'll have 100 diff answers. This could go a lot of ways depending on how China/Brexit/rate forecast turns out. Fed Chair Powell is an idiot too.

I get it .. it is the last game before the nfl draft ...

but if we are talking meaningless games .. for most teams that is every game before the season starts and by midseason it represents about 90% of the games.

That was my big point last year.

Have seen most people predict that the results of the trade war/tarriffs will likely lead to recession in 2020 not 2019. But let's be honest, if the Fed chair isn't in to slowing down rate increases, that could blow up real quickly

Tbh mate I went to a conference last month with multiple banks including the big boys... everyone is preparing for a recession in late 19-20
It's the popular opinion for sure. Data right now suggests otherwise, but that doesn't mean the confluence of several events couldn't push us there. Market tends to predict recessions around a year in advance so that bears watching. short and long rates also close to inverting.

Back