M.O.T

Pretty much a regular
Season: 9-2

Washington State +14.5
LSU -34
Toledo +17 (added 9/2)
Arizona -10 (added 9/3)
Baylor -27.5 (added 9/3)

I'll take Leach and the points against USC's less than inspiring QBs. I don't think Miles takes the foot off the gas in the 2nd half when Jennings goes in the game. He has gotten great reviews since the spring and they want to get him some real work.

Last edited:
Hate laying big ones with Miles....MOT I wanna what Miles is anything over 30 since he been at LSU

Hate laying big ones with Miles....MOT I wanna what Miles is anything over 30 since he been at LSU

+1 on laying big numbers. Miles doesn't run up scores IMO. And he always finds a way to play down to competition.

I can completely understand that reasoning. But with Cameron I think you'll see the way Miles views the offense return to his first few years prior to Lee's pick 6 season, after which he decided to just grind games out and let the defense/special teams do their thing. I don't have the results in front of me but they covered big numbers pretty routinely with Jamarcus and Flynn. There were several points in the game last night they could have gone back into a shell and put the defense on the field to win it at the end, but he trusted the offense with the game on the line.

I wouldn't lay 40+ or anything like that but I think it will be midway through the 4th before they go into "just run it and get the game over with" mode. I think Jennings leads a couple scoring drives before then, and I wouldn't be surprised if Hill is back this week and getting carries in the second half at the bottom of the depth chart.

I said this to my friend via text last night....I assume we are LSU guys in here so do not blast me outsiders lol

LSU just won't stomp teams out...we dominate and have 10 point differentials...some can argue, but I feel like LSU mistakes keep TCU around..flip side Bama just wins 42-10 lol...offense doesn't show? No sweat we will get 3 tds another way....the talent gap is NADA between LSU and Bama.....just the shit like described

I will see what the line does....I had a bad result on a UAB bet in Tiger Stadium a moon ago....not sure how old you are MOT......that was:puking:

The first year my family had season tix was during the Hallman years so I've sat through the best and worst of times, including that UAB game.

As for Alabama and the defensive/special teams scores...it was just two years ago when LSU choked the life out of everyone on the schedule not named Alabama by doing the same thing.

But the reason over the last few years they haven't covered big numbers is the offense and what they expected from it, not the defense or special teams. But against TCU there were several points where they could have taken control and put the game away but the mistakes were mostly from the defense (allowing long 3rd down conversions, extending drives with penalties) and special teams (kickoff return, not fielding punt inside 20, shanking punt from inside the 20). I don't expect that to continue since that has typically been the strength of the team, and I think the offense will continue to progress as the young OL gels and they get more game experience in Cameron's system.

I could be way off and looking at a one score game late in the 2nd quarter Saturday night, but I don't think it plays out that way.

great week 1. agree on wazzu, lsu line is rite on my numbers so no play for me. GL this week an all season

:shake:

LSU seems to be king of the 27-3 or 44-24 win in these high lined games. My take is that Les doesn't try to score unless the game is somewhat close in the 2nd half. When there are blowouts, it's because of non-offensive scores. Especially during the 2011 season. Honey Badger probably responsible for half a dozen covers that year

Does the total for the LSU game not seem a bit out of line here??? 61.5??? Really??? UAB will be lucky to score 14 IMO.

The current line of 34.5/61.5 translates into a projected 48-13.5 LSU victory. Just seems a bit high to me, but I am a little frightful of the new Cam Cameron offense.

But with Cameron I think you'll see the way Miles views the offense return to his first few years prior to Lee's pick 6 season, after which he decided to just grind games out and let the defense/special teams do their thing. I don't have the results in front of me but they covered big numbers pretty routinely with Jamarcus and Flynn. There were several points in the game last night they could have gone back into a shell and put the defense on the field to win it at the end, but he trusted the offense with the game on the line.

That's some excellent insight. Congrats on the amazing start to the season.

Thanks guys. Feeling good about Mettenberger and the offense, and again I think it was clear to see Miles views it differently than the last few years and isn't going into each game looking to win a field position battle.

With that being said, overs may be worth a look for a while because the secondary appears to be several notches down from what we've become used to.

I know it was only UAB, but I was impressed with the LSU offense last night. The defense still looks a little out of sync, but that's to be expected with most of the last year's dominating squads playing on Sunday now. If Mettenberger continues to show confidence and poise, this is a really, really dangerous team

Back