LSU Coaching Search

.lotta people think he’s gonna take a swing tho
I heard one TV guy saying it was a possibility and his reasoning was that if he moves to LSU the clock goes back to zero and there will be no pressure on him because it's a rebuild so he'll have a honeymoon for a couple of years

The problem with that is there is no pressure on him now. The folks at aTm are happy and think he's doing a great job. He's getting better every year, adding a little more talent every year, getting better recruits than aTm has had in decades, filling the stadium, doing a good job at alumni functions (huge at aTm), is better than Texas (REALLY huge at aTm), and now, to add to it, they beat Alabama

So that theory he has something to run from doesn't seem logical to me

Last edited:
I heard one TV guy saying it was a possibility and his reasoning was that if he moves to LSU the clock goes back to zero and there will be no pressure on him because it's a rebuild so he'll have a honeymoon for a couple of years

The problem with that is there is no pressure on him now. The folks at aTm are happy and think he's doing a great job. He's getting better every year, adding a little more talent every year, getting better recruits than aTm has had in decades, filling the stadium, doing a good job at alumni functions (huge at aTM), is better than Texas (REALLY huge at aTM), and now, to add to it, they beat Alabama

So that theory he has something to run from doesn't seem logical to me

If he leaves, none of that g ay shit though

I have no idea if he wants to coach again but they should at least talk to Chris Peterson.

Total homer alert..... If they can't get a guy like Peterson they need a young Kyle Whittingham. Defense and a strong running game. LSU in name alone will attract top QB and WR recruits. I think Rhule could give them that.

LSU has everything a coach could want:

Talent
Facilities
Complete support of the university
Lots of TV money

The only drawbacks are the expectations and how competitive the conference/division is

There are at least a dozen guys out there who can take that job and make them a perennial top 10 team.

Tigers just need to get Brady and be done with it...if they can't land Lane

Both are ideal with the way the game is played today

Brady is a total wildcard. You don't know if he can recruit at an SEC level. LSU is in a bad position. Aranda is probably the only choice to make but the AD is probably going to try to get flashy. Dangerous times for LSU.

You need to come away with a top notch recruiter like Franklin or Fisher but those guys are off the table. LSU is probably going to learn like Texas that there is nothing automatic.

I have no idea if he wants to coach again but they should at least talk to Chris Peterson.

Total homer alert..... If they can't get a guy like Peterson they need a young Kyle Whittingham. Defense and a strong running game. LSU in name alone will attract top QB and WR recruits. I think Rhule could give them that.

Peterson wouldn't take a job like LSU, I don't think. Nebraska should at least check, but I think he would only stay west.

Chris seems like a really really good person.

Hence to say, awful fit. I think.

Brady is a total wildcard. You don't know if he can recruit at an SEC level. LSU is in a bad position. Aranda is probably the only choice to make but the AD is probably going to try to get flashy. Dangerous times for LSU.

You need to come away with a top notch recruiter like Franklin or Fisher but those guys are off the table. LSU is probably going to learn like Texas that there is nothing automatic.
Now I gotta agree with others.

You have zero idea what you are taking about.

But does he want to go back to recruiting? No clue how much he enjoys that, he's gonna get a pass this season at Carolina with CMC missing so much time
I seriously doubt it’s either, but absolutely no way it’s Brady

Chris seems like a really really good person.

Hence to say, awful fit. I think.
Yeah, why would they want a guy that does nothing but win?

I know your awful for comment isn't about his abilities but I still think he'd be a homerun for them.

I know your awful for comment isn't about his abilities but I still think he'd be a homerun for them.
He’s a really good coach. This job comes with everything he IS NOT looking for.

Totally different than what he is used to brother.

Man with his kid doesn't he need to be close to SLC? Have a hard time thinking he's in a position at this point to have to scramble around and find different outlets for that

Man with his kid doesn't he need to be close to SLC? Have a hard time thinking he's in a position at this point to have to scramble around and find different outlets for that
I don't think it's the SLC hospital. I thought it was Boise but he found what he needed in Seattle as well.

I have no clue on his personal situation as his child has gotten older but I think he'd be a hell of a lot better than some of the other names being thrown out. That being said, I doubt he coaches again.

Reactions: KJ
Mullen is a good candidate. They are pretty fed up with him at Florida already. Florida another team with an advantage on LSU.

They also have disadvantages on Texas. Les Miles was the worst coach in America and LSU will spend years trying to get back to Miles level.
....and Les Miles won a natty at LSU. If the worst coach in America can win a natty wouldn't that suggest that LSU is a pretty damn good program? Rinse/repeat with Orgeron.

....and Les Miles won a natty at LSU. If the worst coach in America can win a natty wouldn't that suggest that LSU is a pretty damn good program? Rinse/repeat with Orgeron.
No, because Miles was not the worst football coach in America. He was considered the worst by LSU and college football fans. They will never find another one as good but they will spend a long time looking.

LSU fans were sick of watching Fornette and Guice run for 200 yards per game. They wanted to get serious about football.

Back