• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

Looking ahead to 2010

SHSUHorn

Thief
Florida - Alot depends on Tebow and Harvin but I really think Tebow returns. If he does the team should be stacked once again especially with the defense returning everyone.

USC - Best recruiting class every year. Returns everyone on offense but loses a ton on defense (I believe 7 starters).

Texas - Returns everyone on offense but Cosby. Loses Orakpo and Miller on the DL but returns everyone else. Definitley will make a run because everyone else in the Big 12 loses a ton of talent especially OU once Bradford declares. Easy OOC schedule and really only Okie St. the only threat on the schedule will have them their at the end.

Anyone else out there that could make a run? Any Big 10 team that could probably run the table?

Could this be the year we see a non-BCS team get in the title game?

top 5? pending if players stay.

1. Florida
2. USC
3. Texas
4. Ohio State
5. LSU

i know sammy is reeling now that ARAKNOID will no longer be anchoring that texas D-line

:smiley_acbe:

Not sure I trust Jefferson at QB just yet...

Definitely the concern but the talent is sick and were young this year and you could see that they even matured from end of season to the bowl vs GT. Recruiting class will be nasty also.

Somebody made an extremely good point on the radio today, one that made me worry a bit about the Gators tonight.

The point was that most good teams in college have an offensive line that can do one thing really well. Either they run block really well or they pass block really well, but the vast majority of them, almost none, can do both very well. The point was that OU's was one of the rare ones that could.

I've never really thought of it this way, but it seems to me that identifying teams with lines build to succeed one way or the other and then looking at the spots they've got.

Somebody made an extremely good point on the radio today, one that made me worry a bit about the Gators tonight.

The point was that most good teams in college have an offensive line that can do one thing really well. Either they run block really well or they pass block really well, but the vast majority of them, almost none, can do both very well. The point was that OU's was one of the rare ones that could.

I've never really thought of it this way, but it seems to me that identifying teams with lines build to succeed one way or the other and then looking at the spots they've got.

Oklahoma;s line was awesome tonight..UF just made the big plays on both sides.

Given USC's defensive losses--and assuming Sanchez stays--you have to think about them for some overs, no?

Urban Meyer has replaced Carrol as the best coach in college football. Building a powerhouse down there.

I just don't see Tebow leaving. Just doesn't seem like a NFL QB to me.

I feel like I want to be on teams who have good, veteran O-lines returning as well as sort of veteran skill guys returning.

For example, if Harrell and Crabtree were both coming back and their line was stacked with veterans I'd love to look at Tech--except that they're a fraud so I can only really look at them in situations where it's an obvious mismatch.

Pitt is done, no Mccoy no team, but supposedly we got a great RB out of NJ, cant remember his name. Pretending that the people that havent declared now arent going to declare

1. Florida (fuck you Tebow you fuck)
2. Texas
3. USC
4. OSU
5. Alabama

I dont know that much about Alabama's recruiting but you have to believe that Saban keeps bringing in more of his players and the team will only get better.

Tonight proved he's not ready. Problem is, he's just won the NC. Unless you come back and win another Heisman (which is possible) it's tough to see the immediate benefit of coming back.

That said, he would be smartest to stay unless he doesn't want to play QB at the next level.

I think Vtech might surprise.

Only if they find an adequate backup QB. Tyrod will be injured at some point during the season. Give me your reason that Ohio State will be a top 5 team. They lose 3 of their best 4 players and Pryor will need to turn into a quaterback and not just an athlete that can make plays with his legs.

Tonight proved he's not ready. Problem is, he's just won the NC. Unless you come back and win another Heisman (which is possible) it's tough to see the immediate benefit of coming back.

That said, he would be smartest to stay unless he doesn't want to play QB at the next level.

He can't play nfl qb. He is not a good passer and michael vick and vince young couldn't use the running style in the nfl for the most part .. no way tebow can.

Maybe he can find a way to play tight end or something

I feel like I want to be on teams who have good, veteran O-lines returning as well as sort of veteran skill guys returning.

For example, if Harrell and Crabtree were both coming back and their line was stacked with veterans I'd love to look at Tech--except that they're a fraud so I can only really look at them in situations where it's an obvious mismatch.

That is why Texas will be solid. The line will be together for basically the third year. They lose Dockery but his backup Hicks played quite a bit and is the better NFL prospect.

Before this season most Longhorn fans circled next year as our year....

Mizzu -loses Maclin and Daniels

TT - loses Harrell and Crabtree

OU - loses Bradford, Gresham, both WRs, everyone on the OL, plus some others on defense.

Texas should cakewalk through its schedule outside of a trip to Stillwater.

He can't play nfl qb. He is not a good passer and michael vick and vince young couldn't use the running style in the nfl for the most part .. no way tebow can.

Maybe he can find a way to play tight end or something

Mike Vick couldn't use the running style in the NFL? What? A completely different topic but this guy went into Greenbay and beat the Bretts in a playoff game in the snow, with his running style. The biggest X factor in a while.

Tebow can suck my cock and move to Thailand for all I care

Mike Vick couldn't use the running style in the NFL? What? A completely different topic but this guy went into Greenbay and beat the Bretts in a playoff game in the snow, with his running style. The biggest X factor in a while.

Tebow can suck my cock and move to Thailand for all I care

The falcons never let vick be vick ... sure he made some great plays with his legs but he is a different class of athlete than tebow.

I am saying that if the supreme running qb's from college dont convert that way to nfl , there is no way in hell that tebow can. that's all.

If Tebow wants to play at the next level, he needs to become a much better passer. That's just it, period. Right now his decisions are slow and his release is too.

Doesn't mean he can't improve on it, but until he does he ain't playin' QB in the NFL unless it's on a scout team.

It's not exactly like Tebow is this great runner either. I mean he's somewhat elusive but not even close to Vick or VY...plus he's not that great of a thrower...

I think Mel Kiper nailed it when he said he could be a H-back type. It's nice to be a fiery leader and run over college players but he would get killed running that slow against NFL LBs.

Only if they find an adequate backup QB. Tyrod will be injured at some point during the season. Give me your reason that Ohio State will be a top 5 team. They lose 3 of their best 4 players and Pryor will need to turn into a quaterback and not just an athlete that can make plays with his legs.

Just going off the top of my head bro...

I think TP makes that much of a difference..he is that good.

It's not exactly like Tebow is this great runner either. I mean he's somewhat elusive but not even close to Vick or VY...plus he's not that great of a thrower...

I think Mel Kiper nailed it when he said he could be a H-back type. It's nice to be a fiery leader and run over college players but he would get killed running that slow against NFL LBs.

WTF happened to VY? His team has the #1 seed in the playoffs and his ass is MIA...................WTF?
Kerrry Collins QB'd the Raiders to a SWEET 4-12 finish and VY can't beat his ass out?
At least that running MFer beat USC...........................:tiphat:
Did I mention IT IS A GATOR WORLD, MFers?

Mully :cheers:

Alabama will not be top 5 team.. They lose too much on the O line and will be going to a green QB.. The talent is still not quite there but it's almost there and they will continue to improve.. Bama's defense will be improved next season i think and that's hard to imagine.. Bama will be playing in some low scoring dog fights.. They play VT in the GA Dome as the season opener and we'll learn a lot about both Bama and VT that game..

Florida is the team to beat, plain and simple

There are some questions I want answered about next season.

What's WVU do to replace Pat White? Without him and RichRod are they destined to slip back to the middle of the pack.

Will Penn St. return enough people to be good?

Will Michigan actually field a decent team or will the transition still be going on for another year leading them to a mediocre record?

Are there specific improvements to Notre Dame's O-line and skill positions that make them attractive early in the season?

Ohio State makes me want to believe they're going to be good next year, are they losing anybody key other than Wells? Their line, their defense?

I don't see anyone beating USC, Florida, or Texas but Texas would have the easiest path imo. USC always gives a game away, and the SEC is tough to get out of unscathed.

JP, WVU will only go downhill imo, Stewart is an idiot.

Michigan is an unknown again, they return all 11 starters on offense but the QB situation is a a big question mark. Does Threet or the incoming freshman Forcier start? Forcier is working out right now and is an early enrollee. He can run.

PSU..they busted their nut this year imo.

Notre Dame SHOULD be good.

Miami might be good...Arizona will be good as well.

OSU will jsut reload, no one will stop TP in the B10. The oline is a crapshoot though. Definitely a lot of talent.

JP is it a GATOR WORLD or what, my biatch? JP is it a GATOR WORLD or what, my biatch?

Damn right, my friend. Wheeeeeeeee.

=)

Scott Van Pelt on ESPN made the point ..........

"what do they take less classes at richmond univeristy and they have a playoff"

WTF happened to VY? His team has the #1 seed in the playoffs and his ass is MIA...................WTF?
Kerrry Collins QB'd the Raiders to a SWEET 4-12 finish and VY can't beat his ass out?
At least that running MFer beat USC...........................:tiphat:
Did I mention IT IS A GATOR WORLD, MFers?

Mully :cheers:

Which is why Tebow won't amount to shit as a QB in the NFL. You have to be able to throw the ball to do it. Defenses are too fast.

Disagree, they start strong and fade

If they start strong they will have beaten Alabama (Neutral), Nebraska (Home), and ECU (Away). It would be hard to see them then fade with NCSU, BC, UNC, and Miami all at home and Maryland, UVA, Duke, and Georgia Tech on the road. They will be an interesting team if they can get by Alabama in their opening game.

If they start strong they will have beaten Alabama (Neutral), Nebraska (Home), and ECU (Away). It would be hard to see them then fade with NCSU, BC, UNC, and Miami all at home and Maryland, UVA, Duke, and Georgia Tech on the road. They will be an interesting team if they can get by Alabama in their opening game.

Yep...THis will possibly be my "team" next season.

Back