long beach

captjohn67

Pretty much a regular
2-4 (-0.21)

Throw away the two anomalies of 12th and 17th place qualifiers winning the race, and the avg starting position for the winner is 3rd....you better show up for qualifying. With an avg of only three cautions per race, it is hard to get lucky here improving your track position.

Dixon -- win an two top 5's in 7 efforts ( avg qualifying of 9.0/ avg finish of 12.0) did get his first win here last year
Power -- two wins and five top 5's in 8 efforts equates to (6.8/6.9) clear favorite he is
RHR -- has a win and one top 5 in 7 starts. Can a Honda qualify well enough to be in a position to actually win?? If there is one, he's probably it.
Kanaan - four top 5's in 7 starts (10.6/9.0) I don't care for him on road/sreet courses as a general rule, but maybe here??
Montoya -- two top 5's in his only two here (9.0/3.5) damn straight he can win this
Pagenuad -- three top 5's in his 4 starts and the man I hope they disrespect him (8.0/4.8)
Helio -- surprisingly only has one top 5 in his 7 here, but respectable (7.4/8.9)

darkhorses?? Munoz has a top 5 and a top 10 in his two (11.5/6.0) and he wont have a short number attached to him. Bourdais dominated during his CART days here with three wins and four top 5's in five starts (4.4/4.0) but not so much in indycar with an avg finish of 9.8. If they throw up a +1750, I very well might bite. Last man would be Newgarden. Results aren't great here, but his avg qualifying is 7.0 and could have won here if RHR hadn't punted him in 2014. He has matured to a point where I plan on hitting one of these asinine numbers they are posting on him prequalifying.

The crystal ball says Power +375, and all the above mentioned somewhere between there and +900 (RHR and Kanaan might be a little higher that the +900) We shall see shortly.

Thanks Wiseguy, I appreciate it (handshake)Rahal -140 Daly...if I wasn't the disciplined son of a bitch that I am, good Lord I'd hammer thisChilton -115 Rossi ....way early to fall in love with Chilton, but I have high hopes for him

I don't normally bet this series , but I'll take a swing at it , since it's a road course.

Long Beach

Power to win + 500

Montoya to win + 500

Pagenaud to win + 550

Good Luck , Bud :shake2:

youve got some good horses there and I hope one of them comes home for you (clover)

Just watched the first practice session and Hawksworth, Daly and Kimball all had brake issues, with ski balls actually catching on fire. Rossi found the tire barriers in turn 8 after a front wing adjustment. Honda appears more competitive, but everyone was just trying to get some rubber on the track and to be honest, I'm tossing this time sheet completely

Also, the plays in post 5 are futures plays to win a ring, not this race. I could make excuses about day drinking and this being the first year that they have had futures for indycar (both of which are true) but I'd just rather call myself a dumbass and move on. Shit happens.

2nd practice completed and RHR, TK and Marco struggling. You are guaranteed the Sato -140 Filippi is now going to be out of sight. Five of the top 10 are Hondas, good for them and the series. Hinch is in a rocket and that will be cut in half next time we see it. See u tomorrow.

Adding Munoz -130 Marco and Sato -155 Filippi (this should be -180 or higher) that will probably do it for me. GLTA

So the Penske boys dominate session 3 holding down the first four spots. Sato has drive train issues and dies on pit road while Rahal hits the wall pretty damn hard. Neither of which is good for me....just lovely. RHR found the tire barrier and damaged his rear wing andwill have to repair the damaged one to have a spare for the race.....not good and was only P14. Let's see what shakes out in qualifying.

I wanted to watch the warm up before I made any last comments, and it was rather uneventful other than a few run offs and Filippi's left rear brakes catching on fire (we are going to see that happen during the race for sure). I wasn't thrilled with qualifying for all my guys, but all in all can't complain. I will admit I had major concerns after Rahals poor performance qualifying, but they have him dialed in and he ran p1 a few minutes ago. I'm not adding anything and feel good with the horses I have. Hope they keep it clean and put on a good show.

Back