LFG Day Until Arizona vs Hawaii/Miami vs Florida

Mrpickem you got there ahead of me, and you did it with two great photos which everyone knows by now that I am not skilled enough to do.
However, just wondering if I am the only member on the site who saw him play ?
Numero cinco. Joe DiMaggio

@bull You are probably the only one. I seen Brook and the 69-70 Orioles but thats as far back as I can remember, so I never seen Joe play other than some old highlight reels and I read a book about him, he was absolutely obsessed with Marylin

View attachment 42104

Just realized, I missed Rod Carew at 29.
Seeing Brooks made me think of when I knew every baseball players name.
Since the strike in the 90's , they are just numbers and value.

Just realized, I missed Rod Carew at 29.
Seeing Brooks made me think of when I knew every baseball players name.
Since the strike in the 90's , they are just numbers and value.

Me too, I knew almost every name through the mid eighties and again 2000-2010 when I did a lot of fantasy baseball. Now I know most of the starters and big stars only. They mostly just represent numbers and chances of winning. Not many charismatic players around now

4-horseman.jpg

When I think of college football, I think of this man. 1977 was greatest season ever. Came to a bad end on 1-1-78.

1566357394096.png

Dinardo couldn’t sustain his early success and we closed the 90’s with two more losing seasons for an overall terrible decade, then the great awakening began when Mark Emmert convinced everyone it was okay to spend money and the rest is history.

Kevin Faulk choosing to stay home in those dark years, contributing to some decent to good teams, and having a great career helped usher in the new era.1566385289386.jpeg

3 Homer Jordan.jpg
Homer Jordan, the first of three QB's from North Georgia to lead Clemson to national titles. Jordan was actually from Athens itself.

Last edited:
Back