Lakers / NOH Thoughts

Phillyroom

Pretty much a regular
We all know the usual crap...
<table style="border: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); border-collapse: collapse; border-spacing: 1px; vertical-align: top;" border="1" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="600"><tbody><tr><td valign="top">
Hornets: This game for the Hornets has nearly as much meaning as any single regular-season game can have, with the outcome worth a 2-game swing in the tight race for the top spot in the Western Conference. New Orleans has been rolling and enters this game 55-23 after a 122-90 victory at Minnesota on Wednesday. Two of those wins have come against this Lakers team, as the Hornets put up 118 and 108 points in those victories.

</td> <td valign="top">
Hornets are 20-6 ATS in their last 26 games vs. Pacific Division.

The OVER is 8-2-1 in New Orleans' last 11 Friday games.
</td> <td valign="top">
NONE
</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">
Lakers : LA would like nothing more than to avenge a 10-point loss in New Orleans in the previous meeting, which saw Paul Gasol go down with an ankle injury in the first quarter. Kobe Bryant had 36 points, but he walked dejectedly back to the locker room with 15 seconds left after fouling out. The Lakers haven’t lost at the Staples Center since late March and will look to improve on their 110-point scoring average at home.

</td> <td valign="top">
Lakers are 1-7-1 ATS in their last 9 games vs. Southwest Division.

The OVER is 19-7 in LA's last 26 Friday games.

The OVER is 9-2 in the last 11 meetings.
</td> <td valign="top">
NONE​
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Here is what is getting me....the public is 65/35 on the lakers...line opened at -3.5 --> went to -3 around 7am PST...and in about an hour from 8-9am it jumped to -4.5.....thoughts??

This probably isn't the answer your looking for, but in this "big game" who do you want in your corner.

Black Mamba
CP3

The whole public angle is still really strange to me.

1) who is the "the public" I'd say everyone who bets.
2) Is it 65% of the people are one LAL or 65% of the money. I can't imagine the books would allow all the MONEY on one side. Seems rediculous.
3) How can you possible get those numbers?? Who has the power to get those numbers??? You'd have to have a rediculous poll from thousands of sources to accurtely say where the money is. Its like polling states in an election. If you ask VT and TX who they are voteing for, your gonna get opposite answers.

It just seems to faulty a tool to use to cap. But if the numbers are correct, then these situations are very strange.

The whole public angle is still really strange to me.

1) who is the "the public" I'd say everyone who bets.
2) Is it 65% of the people are one LAL or 65% of the money. I can't imagine the books would allow all the MONEY on one side. Seems rediculous.
3) How can you possible get those numbers?? Who has the power to get those numbers??? You'd have to have a rediculous poll from thousands of sources to accurtely say where the money is. Its like polling states in an election. If you ask VT and TX who they are voteing for, your gonna get opposite answers.

It just seems to faulty a tool to use to cap. But if the numbers are correct, then these situations are very strange.

What I've been saying for ages. No site on the face of this earth can accurately tell you where the "public" (whoever they are) is betting. It is such a SMALL sample size that it means absolutely nothing. Just an obervation.

That is fine...lets throw the public issue out the door...

What could have caused the line to move from -3 to -5 in a time of 3 hours?

I just think more people will be simply betting the Lakers here... still no respect for the Hornets on the road and the Hornets vs the "Elite" teams of the West.

OVER seems like the best bet.

They've rocked us in the 1st quarters and we've been pretty shaky in 1Qs lately.

I don't know if you can really say "revenge" for the last loss to us. Im sure they'll want to prove something with Pau and more of a statement game but the 1st game of the year we rocked them at their house, they got HUGE revenge on us in NO, then we beat them without Pau.

We heated up just in time for this game in the 2H vs the Timberwolves, now I know I can't compare the Lakers and T-Wolves but Chris Paul, who knows what was going through his head during the Utah/1st half of the Minny game, but he got it fixed. I never seen a drought of that magnitude come for a guy who was simply dominating games. I think we are going to be prepared to play today. no point of arguing why this game is important, everyone knows.

I agree that the over is the only smart play to make. Lakers are known to keep big games close and win in the end. With a 5 pt line, I am not sure Lakers will be up 6-8 with a minute to go. Pick and Roll teasm give Lakers the biggest defensive problem because Pau is not a real good defensive player like Bynum. On the radio, Kobe said he will nto be on Paul at all tonight because they want to try to lock down West, Peja and Mo Pete. Good PG's always have good games vs Lakers because D Fish is not fast enough and Farmar is just not as experienced yet. Friday brings out all the stars to Staples Center. Last friday vs Dallas, it was standing room only. They literally were adding seats behind the dallas bench to keep big named guests happy. (I was sitting in the stands 4 rows behind the bench.) There is always electricity when Byron Scott comes back home ( a hometown favorite). I just see 2 good offenses battling it out till the last couple possessions.

Over for 4 units for me.

I still don't trust NOH in a big game like this one. I'd side the Kobe's team here, especially since they all didn't log many minutes last night. Weekend night games in LA are very electric.

anyone know the deadline for voting for the MVP?

wonder if this might be the game that decides it?

as a laker fan, i must go against my boys. after seeing how nawlins play, they are simply a better "team". their defense is far superior and have a superstar in cp3. the lakers are good but have been sliding recently (ats-wise). i will trust to not trust the lakers tonite...

as a laker fan, i must go against my boys. after seeing how nawlins play, they are simply a better "team". their defense is far superior and have a superstar in cp3. the lakers are good but have been sliding recently (ats-wise). i will trust to not trust the lakers tonite...

:seeya:

i liked the under this game, as i had it in my parlay. but i flipped and took over for half. hope you guys are right!! stop the bleeding by washington.

Back