Kobe or LeBron?

• Kobe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LeBron

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Killa

To the left, to the left, to the right to the righ
Obviously they play different positions. But they're at least comparable; they're only one position apart. It's not like comparing Jordan to Chamberlain.

One game for the NBA title. All other players on your team equal, all other factors equal, including all positions on other team (so there's no advantage to taking LeBron, the forward, or Kobe, the guard).

Do you take Kobe or LeBron for that one game?

:popcorn:

Up until last year, I was taking Kobe. But now i'm convinced it's Lebron. Kobe still has a better jump shot but nobody can guard Lebron when he's driving the ball to the basket. It's a close vote but I give the slight edge to Lebron.

5 minutes left, up 4 in a pk'em game. I feel decent with my bet against the Lakers, but chalk it up as a loss vs the Cavs. Although it can be for other reasons, my main reasoning is that no one can stop lebron

Here's one thing I don't think any sane person will deny.

Let's say these two switched teams. It would be easy to imagine LeBron's Lakers matching this current 38-9 record, or perhaps even better.

Can anybody here honestly say that if Kobe was on Cleveland instead of LeBron, Cleveland would still be 37-9?

I dare even the most die-hard Kobe fan to make that claim.

the problem I have with the argument that Kobe is the better shooter is that shooting is just another way of scoring. I would say Lebron is the better scorer, so saying someone is the better shooter is irrelevant. Korver is a better shooter than kobe- doesn't make him better.
Lebron is a career 32% 3-pt shooter.. so was Michael Jordan
doesn't really mean much imo

hard to say about the 2 guys switching teams. they're at different parts of their career but no doubt, lebron is the better overall scorer. he just sometimes doesnt make the best decisions. he stops driving and falls in love with his jumper and from long range. i could never trust his jumper. vouch for me lebron fans that his jumper is consistent along with his FT's. for example, in the det game, his fts were horrible, always splitting them. the easiest part in ball should be FT's hence FREE throws. lebron struggles with that and could never be 20/20 like kobe at msg

however, i do think that lebron is going to be a better defensive player than kobe when lebron gets to kobe's stage in his career

i really think that this and last year's kobe would have at least close to the same success as lebron is having this year with this team. i think people underestimate this supporting cast for cleveland. however, i think it is a little bit custom tailored to fit lebrons style. i still think it's tough to compare the two because their styles are so different. i wouldn't complain having either one of them. so many ways kobe can beat you, and you have a high percentage of lebron getting to the cup whenever he wants to. i would normally take the guy who is more likely to get himself a higher percentage shot (lebron driving rather than kobe shooting), but kobe's clutch jumper late in games is so deadly i don't know how it's not a wash. one big advantage that i think lebron has is his passing--both ability to pass and his willingness to pass late in games---i can think of several game winning assists he has. despite popular opinion, i still think lebron is more versatile defensively and a more valuable all around defender than kobe. gun to my head, i'd take lebron because of his size advantage

i really think that this and last year's kobe would have at least close to the same success as lebron is having this year with this team. i think people underestimate this supporting cast for cleveland. however, i think it is a little bit custom tailored to fit lebrons style. i still think it's tough to compare the two because their styles are so different. i wouldn't complain having either one of them. so many ways kobe can beat you, and you have a high percentage of lebron getting to the cup whenever he wants to. i would normally take the guy who is more likely to get himself a higher percentage shot (lebron driving rather than kobe shooting), but kobe's clutch jumper late in games is so deadly i don't know how it's not a wash. one big advantage that i think lebron has is his passing--both ability to pass and his willingness to pass late in games---i can think of several game winning assists he has. despite popular opinion, i still think lebron is more versatile defensively and a more valuable all around defender than kobe. gun to my head, i'd take lebron because of his size advantage

Seriously? You think that highly of his supporting cast? What about two years ago, when he took that band of absolute chumps to the NBA Finals, pre-West, pre-Mo? Or last year, when he came closer than Kobe did to taking down Boston, before he had Mo?

There's just no way you can argue LeBron's supporting cast is anywhere close to as talented as Kobe's. Even with how good Mo is playing this year.

BTW, this question will be answered if they meet in the finals. I think Kobe has a better supporting cast and an easer path to the finals, but fuck it, no excuses. Jordan went 6-0 in the finals, that's put-up or shut-up time. Whoever's team wins that series has the right to call himself the best player in the world.

WADE

Iam sorry to break your discussion on this tow shit player but, yours forget the flash...
on 85% of LA game, when kobe over the 30 points, LA loss he is a egoist player (dont take the LA game yesterday for example)
on the other hand,
wade he is a team player but because is shit team he cant play like the real wade ... I hope miami get a new players..a real good ones, and then you dont even ask we is better...

^no, not two years ago---that was about as pathetic as they come. but they also didn't play nearly as well in the regular seasons as they have this year either. now with Z having a career year, mo playing like he is, west's play, and a much better bench than in previous years, i think kobe would be pretty successful.

and no, i wasn't arguing that cleveland's supporting cast was BETTER than kobe's, but that kobe could be successful with this current supporting cast...my opinion of course

WADE

Iam sorry to break your discussion on this tow shit player but, yours forget the flash...
on 85% of LA game, when kobe over the 30 points, LA loss he is a egoist player (dont take the LA game yesterday for example)
on the other hand,
wade he is a team player but because is shit team he cant play like the real wade ... I hope miami get a new players..a real good ones, and then you dont even ask we is better...

with all due respect to wade who is a great player, his supporting cast isn't nearly as bad as some of teams that were around lebron, and he always made them at least relevant. i don't think you can put wade in the same tier as lebron and kobe

KOBE!!

LEBRON CAN'T BREAK 60, LEBRON CAN'T TOUCH 81

KOBE more consistent shooter, KOBE can get to the basket any time if he puts his game that night to IT, BETTER CLUTCH SHOOTER, Better post player...NEED Me to GO ON?

LEBRON EVEN SAID KOBE WAS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD. So what if James can dunk, if we take that out and pretended James can't fly...its KOBE no doubt.

kobe no question. better shooter by miles.

:36_11_6:

well now youre comparing apples and oranges. you cant do it like that

MAMBA the clown is a "jump shooter", whereas bron is a all around role player that will get to the hoop by any way possible, cause the defense to collapse on him, and make everyone around him better by creating open looks

no one says bron is a jumpshooter.
this was a no brainer. bron isnt even in his prime yet and hes better then MAMBA.mamba is as streaky as they come but in the closing seconds he cant hit a clutch shot to save his life, whereas thats where jordan excelled (which is why you can never compare them jordan is 500x better then kobe will ever be). jordan won games, mamba doesnt

so now this year, he says "im trying to be more of a role player", lmao.
the most comical was the game where he had a look from 3 to win and he gave the ball up to ARIZA who settled for some tear drop type of shit and missed and it was hilarious.

brons going to get the hoop, and either score or get to the line and he's going to win the game for you. trust me, im a wizards fan, he did it to us 3 years in a row.

if the games on the line, i want the ball in BRON's hands, not mamba's.

Last edited:
Right now, my vote is with Kobe. But I'd die for either one to gtet on the rockets!!

All is true what you guys are saying, but I think there a difference in one thing. When you say better driver and say Lebron. He goes up with more power cause hes much biggger than kobe, but Kobe can drive to the hoop just as easily and score. Only cause Kobe can shoot much better from the outside, he does not have to drive in as much as lebron.

Better driver to the goal = both
stronger driver to the goal = lebron

:36_11_6:

well now youre comparing apples and oranges. you cant do it like that

MAMBA the clown is a "jump shooter", whereas bron is a all around role player that will get to the hoop by any way possible, cause the defense to collapse on him, and make everyone around him better by creating open looks

no one says bron is a jumpshooter.
this was a no brainer. bron isnt even in his prime yet and hes better then MAMBA.mamba is as streaky as they come but in the closing seconds he cant hit a clutch shot to save his life, whereas thats where jordan excelled (which is why you can never compare them jordan is 500x better then kobe will ever be). jordan won games, mamba doesnt

so now this year, he says "im trying to be more of a role player", lmao.
the most comical was the game where he had a look from 3 to win and he gave the ball up to ARIZA who settled for some tear drop type of shit and missed and it was hilarious.

brons going to get the hoop, and either score or get to the line and he's going to win the game for you. trust me, im a wizards fan, he did it to us 3 years in a row.

if the games on the line, i want the ball in BRON's hands, not mamba's.

you're right, but i'd rather have the guy who can knock down the shot when he has too.

<table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="tcat" colspan="4">View Poll Results: Kobe or LeBron? </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt1" width="75%"> Kobe </td> <td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">
bar2-l.gif
bar2.gif
bar2-r.gif
clear.gif
</td> <td class="alt1" title="Votes" align="center" width="12%" nowrap="nowrap">19</td> <td class="alt2" align="right" width="13%" nowrap="nowrap">50.00%</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt1" width="75%"> LeBron </td> <td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">
bar3-l.gif
bar3.gif
bar3-r.gif
clear.gif
</td> <td class="alt1" title="Votes" align="center" width="12%" nowrap="nowrap">19</td> <td class="alt2" align="right" width="13%" nowrap="nowrap">50.00%</td></tr></tbody></table>
who let throwback vote 18 times??

you're right, but i'd rather have the guy who can knock down the shot when he has too.

MAMBA sure as hell doesnt!!

could never hit a clutch shot to save his life so now he gives up the ball more in those situations because the pussy knows he cant hit a shot with the game on the line

(before all the injury), i would say agent zero was a MUCH better clutch shooter with the game on the line then MAMBA.

hibachi!!!!!

to be the best you gotta beat the best...until that happens Kobe holds the crown

kobe cant win one without shaq. hell he coudlnt even win one with Yag-sol, odom, and fisher.

bron got to the finals with a bunch of HS players and one of the worst supporting casts ive ever seen

cavs are winning it this year anyways, bron will get his:shake:

^he is improving. last year two years he averaged right around 70 percent, and he is shooting 76% this year. and that is from a few awful performances over the last 10 games. before 10 games ago, he was shooting 80%, which was the goal he made for himself, and in late december he was shooting around 84%. it's not great, but as far as improvement goes; it's significant improvement.

also, as bad as he shot free throws the last two years, in the last 5 minutes of the fourth quarter and overtime, he improved his percentage from 70.5% to about 79%, so i don't get why everyone says he's not clutch at the line late in the game.

sure he's had a couple of games where it hurt them down the stretch, but only one--the one against the lakers--where it actually costed them the game. and a couple of those were and-1s that nobody else in the league would have been able to power into the bucket after getting hit anyways.

he's nowhere near the shooter kobe is and he never will be---but he is improving and that's something he can steadily improve at throughout his career. it's a lot tougher to improve kobe's deficiencies to lebron imo, which include size, strength, the ability to pass, defensive versatility, and the willingness to play team basketball and maintain his leadership skills throughout a game and a season. he's already shown that he can do more with less around him, that he's a better teammate, and has matured at a faster rate imo---i can only imagine the player he'll be 6 years from now.

lebron. guy can guard 1-5, now has a j and improved ft%. 3rd best player i've seen play the game behind michael and shaq.

kobe has an 81 point game on his resume, is coming off 61 scored in 36 minutes and i'm reading lebron is the better scorer ? :4_12_12:

lebrons the better athlete. kobe is the better basketball player (for now. no doubt lebron will surpass him by the time he is done)

and cap, he passed it to ariza cuz the spurs doubled him. if he had forced a shot up you'd be recounting that play as proof of what a selfish p.o.s. kobe is.

and reality disagrees with your claim that kobe isn't clutch :36_11_6:

Both failed last time. Do not think you can take the coach out of it. Not a popular opinion but think Cleveland has the better coach so LeBron gets the vote.

Both failed last time. Do not think you can take the coach out of it. Not a popular opinion but think Cleveland has the better coach so LeBron gets the vote.

very rarely do i disagree..but you cant really compare mike brown to phil can you???at best they are in the same boat having been lucky to have the best players in the game around them

Here's one thing I don't think any sane person will deny.

Let's say these two switched teams. It would be easy to imagine LeBron's Lakers matching this current 38-9 record, or perhaps even better.

Can anybody here honestly say that if Kobe was on Cleveland instead of LeBron, Cleveland would still be 37-9?

I dare even the most die-hard Kobe fan to make that claim.

if the nba ever lets kobe go to an east coast team its over, he will be playing in the finals every year. its not a good thing when a team makes the eastern conference playoffs barely being .500. , and im not talkin bout the cavs but just in general. the east sucks except for the top 3 teams usually.

MAMBA sure as hell doesnt!!

could never hit a clutch shot to save his life so now he gives up the ball more in those situations because the pussy knows he cant hit a shot with the game on the line

(before all the injury), i would say agent zero was a MUCH better clutch shooter with the game on the line then MAMBA.

hibachi!!!!!

Lebron hit his first game winning shot like fucking 2 weeks ago while Kobe has hit at least a dozen

Lebron hit his first game winning shot like fucking 2 weeks ago while Kobe has hit at least a dozen

That is the biggest bunch of bullshit I've ever heard in my life. I almost laughed out loud when I saw on NBA.com that this was LeBron's 'first game-winning shot.' No. It's his first buzzer-beating shot. Big fucking difference.

I have personally witnessed probably a dozen or so games where LeBron has hit the game-winning shot, usually in the form of a layup. And I don't get to see a lot of Cleveland games.

Ask jimbo, he watches every game. How many game-tying/game-winning (we won't count game-clinching) shots would you say LeBron has hit in the last 3 or 4 seasons? Let's define game-winning shot as, let's say, any shot to tie or take the lead in the last 20 seconds.

ask the wizards or pistons if that was lebron's first game winning shot. apparently 3 secs or 2.2 secs go-ahead layups do not constitute as "game-winning" lmfao

That wasn't LBJ's first game winning shot. He probably has more than anyone his age actually. Maybe pull up shot AS TIME EXPIRES...maybe, but layups are shots and he has SEVERAL of those in the last few seconds of big games...

I agree with Steed that LeBron is having the better year so far...but that wasn't the question; the question is who would you rather have to win one big game.

Kobe is the better defender...and while both can get their jumper anytime they want, Kobe is far more lethal, both mid-range and from 3-point range. I don't even think either of these points are arguable. Kobe is the better shooter and defender.

I also agree, while Kobe is great going to the hoop, LeBron is better in this aspect.

Nevertheless, if I want to win one game...I'll take the guy I can put on the other teams best player on defense and the guy who is more likely to get and make his shot down the stretch of a game.

By the way CapTwo...Mamba can't hit a clutch shot to save his life?????? Are you kidding me? You could make a 20 minute highlight reel of the clutch shots he has hit thru his career.

Alright, well I'll still take LeBron to start or finish a team/game. Its really up to James. If he wants to drive to the hoop and make a layup or get fouled, he will. If he doesn't, he will pull up and either make a shot liek at GSW or miss (which happends at a much higher percent the the first option).

Kobe is a better shooter than LeBron right now. I think Kobe down the stretch is a more lethal tool RIGHT NOW than LeBron also. However, the strength of James and his ability to do whatever he wants WHEN HE WANTS (or when he gets pissed off) is too hard to pass up.

Nothin short to Kobe. Guy is still atop of the league in almost every way possible. LeBron is just taking a big step forward this season. No argument from me last year, Bryant was the much better player...but this season things are changing...

Back