Kentucky Derby 2021

That Pat Day Mile sort of flattered Essential Quality, who whipped Jackie's Warrior twice, and Rock Your World, who beat Dream Shake last time.

That Pat Day Mile sort of flattered Essential Quality, who whipped Jackie's Warrior twice, and Rock Your World, who beat Dream Shake last time.
Yeah you had a Mish mash of alot of prep races there. I was more curious to how Dream Shake ran. But if you like Rock your World, that was encouraging.

OK, Race 9 is a bear.

#1 switching surfaces, speed horse, Chad and Rispoli, who already has a lawn win today.
#2 needs the lead, another speed horse, Todd and Saez who's great on the lead.
#5 for Baffert has only won from the front, has Baffert and Prat, who's 28% on turf.

Are these 3 really going to duel it out and open things up for late runners like the 4, 13, even the 14?

Or will they play it cool and save the running for the last 1/4 mile, which bring #6 and maybe #7 into the mix?

OK, Chad having a horse in here that's never run on turf is too far out for me.
Baffert isn't a turf guy, gonna stick with that philosophy.
Saez on the lead is the only speed horse for me.
#6 is 3/3 at the distance, leave Cox off at your peril.
#7 is probably at a jock disadvantage today.
4, 13, 14 all in play

Tri box 2,4,6,13,14

He just seems like he loves 6 furlongs but runs out of gas at longer one turn sprints. I'd like him at 6/1.

#2 Mind Control caught my eye. #7 Shashashakemeup too.....Peter Miller on a sprint? Sign me up.

I think Edzo has a good pick too in Flagstaff. Tough race, over half the field have best recent numbers within 2 lengths of each other.

What a cavalry charge at the end. Not sure I've ever seen 6 across like that.
i ws thinking the same thing, a buddy of mine is at his kids flag football game and he called me to let him know who wins the race and I was giving him a play by play
OH ITS 7-8 horses coming down to it

Baffert has an interesting runner in the 13th. #6 Triple Tap. 1/2 brother to American Pharaoh. Only beat 3 horses in his debut. But seems odd this is his next race.

Back