Just because...

IvyinBarondise

Pretty much a regular
Duncan just broke the post season record for double doubles previously held by Magic. I think he's got 158 now. On the same night, he broke Kareem's record for most minutes played in NBA post season history. On the same night, his team pretty much iced his 5th ring, which spans 3 decades.

I'm just glad I have all those topps Chrome refractor rookie cards that I bought off of ebay a few years back is all i'm sayin :)

'an_horse'

Last thing I thought I'd see tonight was a new Spurs thread.

No offense but a Tim Duncan sports card has to be one of the least valuable or collectible out there. Those two things just don't go together lol

The refractors are worth like 200 per card ungraded...

I have 3 that are PSA 10s and I had a quad 4 BGS that are worth significantly more.

And I'll be giving them to my grand kids one day.

Ivy's grand kid to a friend: "And this, my friend, is a Tim Duncan rookie card. Chrome refractor, bitch."

I mean, there hasn't been a "quad 4" 10 BGS 1997 Topps Chrome refractor rookie sold on ebay in a while. Someone's put up a 9.5 BGS on ebay and he's asking 1,299.00.

For all intensive purposes, that one card is probably worth $1,500-$2,000.

I don't have a lot of sports cards...I bought those a few years ago simply as a fan who wanted a keepsake.

It's a brag, and a celebration, and I could care less....

I'm on cloud nine tonight and I recognize just how many of you love to hate on me here so go to town.

Two seasons in a row, I called the Spurs series over too soon and jinxed them...who knows, maybe I can make it 3/3.

but, Spurs are tapping that ass for sure. Personally I thought Heat would roll but Pop is taking Spoelstra to school...

That's pretty cool, Ivy, just fucking around. I'm not a memorabilia guy, have a couple signed baseballs worth about 40 cents, but they mean something to me. Dog put a good chew on one of the Albert Belle ones.

I mean, there hasn't been a "quad 4" 10 BGS 1997 Topps Chrome refractor rookie sold on ebay in a while. Someone's put up a 9.5 BGS on ebay and he's asking 1,299.00.

For all intensive purposes, that one card is probably worth $1,500-$2,000.

I don't have a lot of sports cards...I bought those a few years ago simply as a fan who wanted a keepsake.

"intensive purposes"
:dunno::dunno:

but, Spurs are tapping that ass for sure. Personally I thought Heat would roll but Pop is taking Spoelstra to school...
Pop hasn't made a shot and Spoel hasn't missed one...but it def is a good ole fashioned rout.

Ivy a 9.5 BGS Chrome RC refractor sold for $610 on Ebay last week...I thought the buyer did very well and wish I had paid more attention.

I think my favorite keepsake is a Gregg Popovich business card that he signed since he rarely does.

Hard to believe 15 years after his first Timmy gonna win another ring...I'm just soaking this all in because once Pop/Timmy/Manu ride off in the sunset next year we may never see this again.

:cheers:

You know another one I got that's kind of cool. Herb Brooks. My uncle got it for me after some speaking engagement. Embarrassed to say I don't know exactly where that thing is now, it was in kind of a framed thing … think it's somewhere in my parents' house.

You know another one I got that's kind of cool. Herb Brooks. My uncle got it for me after some speaking engagement. Embarrassed to say I don't know exactly where that thing is now, it was in kind of a framed thing … think it's somewhere in my parents' house.

That is awesome Tip and you need to have that thing hanging somewhere in your house.

I didn't know this about Pop...but apparently he's a wine nut. Someone's got an expensive bottle of wine signed by Pop. It went @ a charity auction.

That's the kinda thing that will be worth big money one day.

btw, the 89 UD series was supposed to be so great. But it was the biggest bust year ever for baseball cards. I remember stock piling Junior's upper deck #1s and Randy Johnson RCs and Junior's topps traded rookies....

I never made money off any card in my life...back then, it was really my dad anyways....but we did sell 10 1986 Mark Mcguire rookies right after he broke the record for $200 each and got new golf clubs, fishing poles, and a fun day @ the track lol

IDK what my cards are worth exactly...I made the thread to point out two records were broken last night lol...

From the best I can tell, my PSA 10 rookie refractors are probably worth about $500 a piece... I know the lower graded rookie hasn't sold yet, but It will for maybe 80% of ask I believe. If you guys know cards, you know mine's much rarer...I bet I could fetch $1500 on ebay right now, but I doubt I'd sell for double that. Its his rarest card, and I'm a huge fan.

Back