Jose Mourinho has been sacked!

Toronto_Mike

Scent of a Woman
It was on the Sky Sports news according to my British friends. Went to the Chelsea forums and its true he is out! Greatest day in the history of modern English Football :smiley_acbe:

JP,
this is Chelsea's worse run they've had under Mourinho's tenure. I was watching the Villa/Chelsea match and Abramovich was not very happy at all. He has made it clear he wants Chelsea to be an attractive footballing team, but that is far from it. When you draw at home to one of lowest seeds in the CL, that is pathetic. They have gone 3 games without a win which is something unheard of.

I admit, I haven't been paying much attention to Chelski lately, TM--with Palace out of the Prem and what little focus I can gather directed toward Roma and looking forward to Euro '08, I'm just not up to speed.

But what you're saying makes total sense. They're not an attractive football team. They used to score and have exciting games, in anything I've seen lately it seems to be slower, more grind it out wins 1-0 with pretty much anybody.

Slow, ugly football is why I don't watch the Bundislega, so I guess I really get it.

Abramovich's face was seen covered with his two hands during the loss to Aston Villa. He left when Villa went 2-0 up. He has already warned Mourinho that he expects to see attractive football. Hell the man has invested millions and has not won the Champs League. They play long and direct football. There have been a lot of clashes between Roman and Mourinho about the style of play. In fact Roman has been willing to splash out the cash for Ronaldinho but Mourinho said no. Even a player like David Villa, Mourinho said no. Unreal.

yup 3 games no victories. For most teams that's just like oh another day, but when the owner has spent millions upon millions and watches horrendous football and not win the most prestigious tournament in Europe....there is a problem. Good Luck to the next man in charge.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7003912.stm
I THINK HE HAD BIG PROBLEM WITH ROMAN ABROMOVICH.ROMAN DOESN'T LIKE JOSE STYLE.HOW?HE SAID''CHELSEA PLAY BORING FOOTBALL .AND WHY Shevchenko DIDN'T PLAY FOR 1ST TEAM.
JOSE'S A ARROGANT PERSON AND HAVE CONFIDENTLY WITH HIS WORK.
LOOK AT CHELSEA AFTER HE LEAVE.REMEMBER BEFORE JOSE COME?
NO POWER FOR COME BACK SOME GAME.

I SURE THAT FERGIE WILL BE SAD ABOUT THIS NEWS BUT HE'LL WAIT TO SEE CHELSEA NEW MANager TOO.

WHO WILL BE?

icon1.gif
Gunners the Champ! Mark it!

RAY! I DON'T THINK ARSENAL WILL PLAY LIKE THIS FOR 9 MONTHS.

Don't know if he was sacked or if he stepped down.

Fucked up either way.

This is a big loss for the Premiership. Mourinho was the only post match managerial interview worth listening to.

Good riddance, i hate the guy.

Give Avram Grant some time, you'll hate him too :smiley_acbe: He is a pretty nice coach, very defensive. In Israel he a-l-w-a-y-s played for the draw, and that's why I think he won't hundle Chelsea. Too big for him, but I wish him all the best..

Bad for Chelsea. Avram Grant was hired because he's a croonie, not because he brings more.

Mourinho isn't sympathetic, but he is very, very good. I respect him for saying no to Ronaldinho, who has proven not to be worth all the hype.

Good riddance, i hate the guy.
This is rich coming from a Liverpool fan :) Of course, as a United fan, I don't mind his leaving either.
I really don't think it was performance related at all. Hard to fault a guy in the third week of league play, and missing quite a few starters in particular in midfield and defense.

Can't wait for Sunday though :cheers:

This is rich coming from a Liverpool fan :) Of course, as a United fan, I don't mind his leaving either.
I really don't think it was performance related at all. Hard to fault a guy in the third week of league play, and missing quite a few starters in particular in midfield and defense.

Can't wait for Sunday though :cheers:

Their game has deteriorated though, compared to two years ago. Their killer fast break - counter attack was not only their trademark (backed by immaculate defense) but they've turned into (dating from the middle of last season) long balls on Drogba and lots of improvisation.

However, it is another question of whether this has been a good move for Chelsea or not. He should have been given more time I think, at least until the end of the year.

Now several players (backbone of the team) are talking about leaving. Not a good atmosphere in Abramovich's toy club.

This is a big loss for the Premiership. Mourinho was the only post match managerial interview worth listening to.

Yeah, I disagree. I want to hear an honest, expert opinion after the game, not some showman performance. He's been focusing too much on Alex Ferguson, Rafa Benitez (especially him), Liverpool FC, refs (when they fuck up on his team's expense, God forbid when it's vice versa, he regularly "didn't see it well").

Went too far in my eyes.

Mimir said:
I respect him for saying no to Ronaldinho, who has proven not to be worth all the hype.

I disagree. I think when in form (and he will be soon) he is one of the best players on the planet.

You know what, I've had enough of that self righteous Portuguese pr*ck and his commenting on everything, of course always going in his favor or emphasizing how his job is the hardest and how others are wrong about this and that...

And I've had enough of (some) pompous Chelsea fans who think that they're a big club now that Roman bought them and invested 500 million...

This does not make them a big club. They're either big because of their fans, tradition, attitude (not necessarily trophies) or they're small despite Roman Abramovich. Their choice really, but THIS does not make them big.

Same as Torres and Babel don't make Liverpool big.

We'll see how this unfolds. I'll be watching.

still think Utd wins this weekend. Wrong time for a manager to leave.

Excuses excuses excuses, Mourinho was able to with the CL with a smaller squad so when the money was available why could he have not done the same?

I agree, I think United wins and wins by more than 1, or perhaps even 2. I'll take my bets tomorrow.

I've been a Chelsea fan for many years. The relationship between Mourinho and Abramovich broke down last summer when he purchased Ballack and Shevchenko. He never wanted either of them. They had come to an understanding at the beginning of this summer but when Abramovich approached Barcelona about Ronaldinho without consulting with Mourinho their relationship soured again. That's why Mourinho's demeanor on the bench has been the way it is. Then the Villa game happened and when only 25,000 fans showed up this week for a Champions League game that they drew it was all over.

Mourinho is an asshole but he fights for his players and never backs down from what he says. He got the most of his players. Abramovich was the problem here when he started to act like he knew more than Mourinho when it came to on the field matters. That's why there are rumors that many players are revolting against this move. Drogba (who if was healthy I believe that this never happens) Lampard, Malouda, JT, Ashley Cole, Carvalho, Ferreira, and Essien are all furious about this move. Abramovich is a complete idiot to fuck this up. Avram Grant is not qualified to have this job. He doesn't even coach the type of soccer Roman wants. This whole thing makes me sick.
That being said I don't see how people think Man U is just going to roll tomorrow. They have not looked very good this campaign either. Sporting outplayed them midweek. Rooney still isn't completely fit and Chelsea always fairs well at Old Trafford. The only problem with Chelsea is not having Drogba. Without him they are a completely different team. Maybe if Shevchenko finishes for once they can make it close. 2-1 Man U

Back