John Deere and Scottish Open

alangrrbs

Pretty much a regular
Patrick Rogers ov Aaron Wise

Broken record playing a bet against Aaron Wise, but I’ll keep betting against him. Since his win…4 straight made cuts. He had two tournaments in a row where he finished 1st and 2nd…besides that he’s been terrible this year. Patrick Rogers has 4 made cuts in the last 5 tournaments, and finished 2nd here last year.

Wesley Bryan ov Andrew Landry

Wesley Bryan has been very solid recently. Five made cuts in a row, and as mentioned on the podcast he’s played here twice and finished 8th and 3rd. Landry was good in his last tournament, but has been pretty awful other than that since his win. Landry played here a couple years ago and finished 8th, but I like the all of a sudden consistent Wesley Bryan.

Steve Stricker ov Chesson Hadley

This is Steve Stricker’s favorite event. At one point he won it 3 years in a row. Made the cut here 12 times in a row, and finished 5th here last year, and has been great on the PGA tour this year. Worse finish on PGA tour this year is 32nd, and he doesn’t miss cuts. Chesson Hadley was great at the beginning of the year, but has fallen off. 2 missed cuts in the last 3 events, and 2 missed cuts in the last 3 times he’s played here.

Scottish Open

Andy Sullivan ov Matt Kuchar

Sullivan has been great recently, where Kuchar is looking like he’s starting to slow down. Five out of Sullivan’s last 7 tournaments have been top 10 finishes, where Kuchar has none in his last 8 tournaments. Sullivan also really likes this tournament with 2 finishes of 9th and 6th the last 2 years. Kuchar has good course history here, but I look at his recent history, and I think he’s starting to fade.

Ian Poulter ov Phil Mickelson

Poulter has 6 top 25 finishes coming into this event, and has been great this year. Phil has been a bit of a mess. Had the US Open debacle, and since then has no top 10 finishes and his last 2 tournaments have resulted in 48th and 65th. Poulter finished 9th here last year, Phil didn’t play, but before that no top 10s since 2013.

Might be playing with fire, but thinking of fading Molinari this week. His explicit purpose for playing over here is to solidify his PGA Tour status, which he obviously took care of in spades by winning in DC. He's matched up against Zach Johnson and Bryson, 2 guys who have shown an affinity for this course. Can get both at + juice. Obviously Molinari is playing awesome right now, and this course should suit his style, but he's never played this tournament, and I doubt he can continue his blistering pace for too much longer. Factor in that he is now virtually guaranteed a spot in the playoffs, has his card for 2 years, and has most likely secured a spot on the Euro Ryder Cup team, I could see him being emotionally drained. Haven't pulled trigger yet, but strongly considering at least the ZJ play

Might be playing with fire, but thinking of fading Molinari this week. His explicit purpose for playing over here is to solidify his PGA Tour status, which he obviously took care of in spades by winning in DC. He's matched up against Zach Johnson and Bryson, 2 guys who have shown an affinity for this course. Can get both at + juice. Obviously Molinari is playing awesome right now, and this course should suit his style, but he's never played this tournament, and I doubt he can continue his blistering pace for too much longer. Factor in that he is now virtually guaranteed a spot in the playoffs, has his card for 2 years, and has most likely secured a spot on the Euro Ryder Cup team, I could see him being emotionally drained. Haven't pulled trigger yet, but strongly considering at least the ZJ play
Situational / motivation capping. I dig it.

Boy OH I LOVE that Andy Sullivan over "Kooch" pick, Andy. wish I had it available. Westgate has Sullivan over Hatton and I am kind of scared of THAT one and NO Sullivan play @ William-Hill this week :(

I LIKE gps_3 reasoning on "The Mole" this week. I think he is making a mistake NOT playing Scottish Open going into The Open Championship next week. will NOT fade him BUT will NOT bet him either :nonofinger:

on second thought going with gps_3 theory of "The Mole" this week. as previously stated can NOT figure WHY NO Scottish Open for him this week as a "tune up" for Open Championship. although "The Mole" has been "hotter than Chinese Mustard" lately with WON National [-21] T-25th US Open [+12] 2nd Italian Open [-21] WON BMW PGA [-17] his last four, DeChambeau WON here last season [-18] and with recent T-9th Travelers [-12] T-25th US Open [+12] and WON Memorial [-15]. also T-4th Wells Fargo [-8] T-3rd RBC [-11] and 2nd API [-15] earlier this season

just two tourney match plays this week (bet/return)

Bryson DeChambeau +135 over Francesco Molinari (40/94)

Joaquin Niemann even over Ryan Moore (50/100)

Niemann T-5th, T-17th, CUT T-6th and T-8th his last five vs Moore T-13th CUT T-13th T-30th CUT his last five and in the two "common" tourneys they played, Greenbrier and Memorial, Niemann beat Moore

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE :shake:

Last edited:
Well WHO Let The DOGS OUT first round @ Quad Cities ??? "field hand" OWGR #926 Steve Wheatcroft the leader [-9] with pre-tourney 200-1 OWGR #473 Michael Kim [-8]. last time I saw Wheatcroft other than a bottom feeder or CUT was two years ago at the 2016 RBC Canadian Open where he got 5th and Kim has been "Mr Missed Cut" 10 of his last 14 tourneys including his last 3 and 5 of last 6. GO FIGURE :(

Too bad he WD. He tweeked his neck or shoulder mid swing today. He was a definite play against for me tomorrow. Tough way to lose a tourney bet sorry. A wonderful example of why I only play a single match up in a tourney per player, you just never know... Best of luck the rest of the way Rat...

Too bad he WD. He tweeked his neck or shoulder mid swing today. He was a definite play against for me tomorrow. Tough way to lose a tourney bet sorry. A wonderful example of why I only play a single match up in a tourney per player, you just never know... Best of luck the rest of the way Rat...

probably makes any DeChambeau 60-1 "to win" British Open bets useless. wonder IF he will even PLAY ??? :confused:

Oh and here comes "The Mole"!!! in the clubhouse tied 4th [-5] for tourney [-11] going into the weekend two shots behind the leaders. everyone else at the top all "cats & dogs"

looks like the CUT will be [-3] which means probably LOSE my Niemann over Moore bet too. Niemann playing like CRAP 2nd round [+1] for tourney [-1] thru #12 while Moore in at [-3] :mad:

Last edited:
well I'll be swizzled. Joaquin Niemann comes alive on the back side with four birdies and a 2nd round [-2] for tourney [-4] to go into the weekend one up on Ryan Moore [-2] for [-3] so STILL in PLAY :)

freeking OWGR #437 Micheal Kim. who has been "Mr Missed Cut" all season and his last 3 and 5 of last 6 tourneys, the four shot leader [-8] for tourney [-16] thru #17 before suspended for weather over Canadian David Hearn, Johnson Wagner and 1st round leader Steve Wheatcroft. "The Mole" now five shots back at [-11]. will be interesting to see what his adjusted "to win" odds are going into the weekend

looks like "splitski" for Andy this week going into the weekend

John Deere
Patrick Rogers ov Aaron Wise [-7 /-2 CUT] WIN
Wesley Bryan ov Andrew Landry [+4 CUT /-3] lose
Steve Stricker ov Chesson Hadley [-6/-6] in play
Scottish Open
Andy Sullivan ov Matt Kuchar [+1 CUT/-3 CUT] lose
Ian Poulter ov Phil Mickelson [-7 /-1 CUT] WIN

Last edited:
John Deere adjusted "to win" odds after 2nd round @ Westgate [2nd round/tourney scores]

Michael Kim 5-2 [-8/-16] 1st
Francesco Molinari 3-1 [-5/-11] T-5th (thru #17 2nd round)
Johnson Wagner 12-1 [-5/-12] T-2nd
Bronson Burgoon 12-1 [-8/-11] T-5th (thru #15 2nd round)
David Hearn 14-1 [-7/-12] T-2nd
Steve Wheatcroft 20-1 [-3/-12] T-2nd
Matt Jones 20-1 [-8/-11] T-5th
Harold Varner III 20-1 [-6/-10] T-8th
Robert Garrigus 30-1 [-7/-10] T-8th
Sam Ryder 30-1 [-5/-10] T-8th
Whee Kim 30-1 [-3/-9] T-12th
Parker McLachlin 50-1 [-5/-10] T-8th
John Huh 50-1 [-8/-9] T-12th
Patrick Rogers 50-1 [-2/-7] T-16th
Keith Mitchell 50-1 [-3/-7] T-16th
JJ Henry 60-1 [-6/-9] T-12th (thru #17 2nd round)
Steve Stricker 60-1 [-5/-6] T-24th
Denny McCarthy 80-1 [-2/-8] 15th
Chesson Hadley 80-1 [-4/-6] T-24th
Joel Dahmen 80-1 [even/-7] T-16th
FIELD 8-1

looks like Michael Kim's tourney after a 3rd round [-7] for tourney [-22] and a five shot lead over 2nd place Bronson Burgoon [-5] for [-17]. Aussie Matt Jones 3rd [-5] for [-16] with Harold Varner III 4th [-5] for [-15]. then Andrea Romero [-7] and Sam Ryder [-4] tied 5th [-14]

a lot riding on top finishes as of the top six only Burgoon and Jones are already British Open qualified SO the other four fighting for the "one place to the leading player (not otherwise exempt) who finishes in the top five and ties". that has been cut back from the usual four places for some reason this year. right now obviously Micheal Kim in the drivers seat :cool:

I sure hope Joaquin Niemann 3rd round [-3] for tourney [-7] can hang on over Ryan Moore [-1] for [-4] to "get my bait back" from the DeChambeau WRECK. also in Andy's active play Steve Stricker [even] for [-6] the lead over Chesson Hadley [+3] for [-3] an MDF. congrats Andy!!! :shake:

Brandon Stone with a final round 60 to roll to the Scottish Open win.

you can just NOT handicap THAT!!!

winner Brandon Stone, solo 2nd place Eddie Pepperell and 3rd round leader Jens Dantorp tied 3rd with Trevor Immelman get the three British Open qualifications on Dantorp OWGR #322 vs Immelman #1380 tie breaker :shake:

Back