Jets fan meltdown and QB discussion thread

brewers888

Chicken Little
I wish I could say I am happy for you and if it was any other team besides the Jets that would be the case. Anyway congrats on Lawrence. As for me as much as I wanted Lawrence on the Jets I do still believe in Darnold.

If the Jets hire a real coach and build around Darnold I will accept this debacle of a “win” but if they trade him and draft Justin Fields I will never watch this team again. At least it wasn’t New England in week 17 laying down.

I say focus on giving Darnold weapons. He doesn‘t deserve to be given up on. Maybe then the Jets losing the ability to select Trevor will end up setting them on a better path.

This is the most disastrous day in the history of the Jets franchise but better now than week 17 against the Patriots. The only thing that can make it worse is drafting Fields who is flat out awful. Missing out on Lawrence will haunt this franchise for at least a decade.

Last time I was this upset regarding the Jets was when they lost the 98 AFC championship game against Denver when they had a championship caliber team. I hope @scarf31 is handling this better than I am.

This is the most disastrous day in the history of the Jets franchise but better now than week 17 against the Patriots. The only thing that can make it worse is drafting Fields who is flat out awful. Missing out on Lawrence will haunt this franchise for at least a decade.

Last time I was this upset regarding the Jets was when they lost the 98 AFC championship game against Denver when they had a championship caliber team. I hope @scarf31 is handling this better than I am.

Fields is not awful. Both he and Lawrence are generational qbs. Chillax.

Disagree on Fields. He's far from awful.

However, Jets definitely fucked up today by killing their shot at Trevor Lawrence. What a stupid stupid franchise.

I say focus on giving Darnold weapons. He doesn‘t deserve to be given up on. Maybe then the Jets losing the ability to select Trevor will end up setting them on a better path.
I think even with Lawrence, Jets will still suck because of the weapons that they currently have.....

I think even with Lawrence, Jets will still suck because of the weapons that they currently have.....
Mims looks like a potential star and the new GM had a very good first draft with Becton and Mims in the first two rounds. Doesn’t matter now because unless they hire someone like Joe Brady to get the best out of Darnold they will be battling New England for last place the next few years. Lawrence was the Jets one chance to eventually develop a championship team and they couldn’t even do the right thing and complete the 0-16 season.

Jets are a 5 or 6 win team masquerading as a 1 win team thanks to Gase's ineptitude. They have a legit QB in Darnold and some OK receiving weapons, along with a decent defensive front 7. Jaguars are a legit 1 or 2 win team. QBs stink, they've gotten a lot out of a UDFA running back and their D top to bottom is only comparable to the Cowboys sieve.

I’m wondering what the front office ( owner )of the Jets were feeling when they won today........pretty sure they pissed that they missed out on the #1 pick........

Gase just F up the Jets by firing the D coach 2 weeks ago...........and on his way out......took future franchise QB with him..........Gase should be the most hated Coach of the Jets franchise now.....The Hoodie has now moved to #2......

I’m wondering what the front office ( owner )of the Jets were feeling when they won today........pretty sure they pissed that they missed out on the #1 pick........

Gase just F up the Jets by firing the D coach 2 weeks ago...........and on his way out......took future franchise QB with him..........Gase should be the most hated Coach of the Jets franchise now.....The Hoodie has now moved to #2......
Jets owners probably don’t even watch the games.

Dont think this ends up as a disaster for the jets, if they do it right

Darnold deserves a real coaching setup

You trade down for a HAUL, someone will fall in love with wilson, fields, or lance

And you use that to build around Darnold

Just look at what the jets gave for darnold at 2 for a comparable, 6, 37, 49, and a 2nd the following year, other times teams have gotten two 1sts, and two 2nds but in separate drafts

Jets are a 5 or 6 win team masquerading as a 1 win team thanks to Gase's ineptitude. They have a legit QB in Darnold and some OK receiving weapons, along with a decent defensive front 7. Jaguars are a legit 1 or 2 win team. QBs stink, they've gotten a lot out of a UDFA running back and their D top to bottom is only comparable to the Cowboys sieve.
You might be the only one besides me that believes in Darnold. As for the team being a 5-6 win roster that is just wrong. They have one offensive lineman and no secondary whatsoever.

Dont think this ends up as a disaster for the jets, if they do it right

Darnold deserves a real coaching setup

You trade down for a HAUL, someone will fall in love with wilson, fields, or lance

And you use that to build around Darnold

Just look at what the jets gave for darnold at 2 for a comparable, 6, 37, 49, and a 2nd the following year, other times teams have gotten two 1sts, and two 2nds but in separate drafts
I doubt anyone is stupid enough to trade up for any of these other QBs but I’m in favor of it. I think the more likely scenario is they give up on Darnold and draft Fields which is akin to shutting down the franchise.

Gase was a genius the end of 2nd quarter. He was preparing a way to lose. That guy is a shell of a peanut. I agree with Gandolf Jets arent worst team, so this win, as idiotic as it was, seems almost fitting

You might be the only one besides me that believes in Darnold. As for the team being a 5-6 win roster that is just wrong. They have one offensive lineman and no secondary whatsoever.
They had the Raiders and Patriots dead and let them off. They should've beaten Denver and Brett Rypien in week 4 too. That's 4. Pats week 17 would be 5.

Haskins kinda sorta played well today, to listen to tv analyst you would think he is 2nd coming. He may have some athletic skills but he is simply not bright enough to ever be the real deal. I'm not saying he's dumb, im.just saying he ain't that smart.

If I were skins I would trade Haskins to a sucker

VC can confirm but I think the Jags have led in the 4th quarter only twice all year......at GB in November and in their week 1 win.

Last edited:
Yea I think Lawrence is way better than Fields.

I always have to say I did tell CK Pat Mahomes wouldn’t be shit

Think Darnold is like Tannehill? Kinda be that career.

I know a few people in here think he can be good but man....I don’t know

I will say he has nothing around him. Odd how many no names on that team

I doubt anyone is stupid enough to trade up for any of these other QBs but I’m in favor of it. I think the more likely scenario is they give up on Darnold and draft Fields which is akin to shutting down the franchise.
Ya but luckily for you, almost everyone else seems to be super high on him

I don't even think Lawrence would make it in NY anyways. He's a southern baptist and a chill southerner. NY would eat him alive.

I don't even think Lawrence would make it in NY anyways. He's a southern baptist and a chill southerner. NY would eat him alive.
I was just thinking to myself about that. Man I’d hate to go to Jax though. No offense to anyone

Reading some scouting stuff that Burrow Herbert etc not close to Trevor coming out, which I get. Seems like a lock for success, unless had to go to NY. He’ll do fine in Jax, nice and low key.

Not sold on Fields either but he can move. Between Hurts Dak etc over the years just not being a statue is good enough to make you at least serviceable in the league. Haskins comp not fair, Fields is smarter and much more athletic.

Fields and Head n Shoulders were 1A and 1B coming out of HS. It was neck n neck.

Fields improvement from beginning of last year to the end and then to this year as a passer has been tremendous.

Granted, OSU QBs usually are not prepped well for NFL... Like their TEs... But that's Urban recruits as well...

Why would the Jets lay down? They’re professionals trying to show ability so they can continue to get contracts and make a living. It didn’t help that the Rams looked like complete dogshit today. I am not impressed with Goff whatsoever. I’d take Darnold over Goff in a heartbeat.

I don't understand the Haskins to Fields comparisons.

Is it simply becuase they played at tOSU?

They are two completely diffrrent QBs.

Last edited:
I don't understand the a Harkin to Fields comparisons.

Is it simply becuase they played at tOSU?

They are two completely diffrrent QBs.
Black, played at OSU. It’s why every small white WR is compared to Welker or Edelman. Also, white WRs are considered lunch pal guys, grinders, gritty, smart and maybe get “quick” as their athletic compliment. Black WRs always athletic, fast etc. It’s beyond lazy.

I am not handling this well @brewers888 . This is a garbage franchise with dogshit ownership and anyone that pays to watch them is a fool. FRANK GORE WHO IS 88 YEARS OLD WAS WHO LED THEM IN THE CHARGE TO BLOW A GENERATIONAL QB. Fuck them. Fuck Adam Gase. Fuck the Johnson brothers. Fields is dogshit compared to Lawrence. Joke. Such a Jets thing to do. Just fuck the NFL and this team. I hate them more than death. So sick.

no qb would be successful in the shit storm darnold has been put in. From changes in coaches, coordinators, no OL, or any legit no 1 option to throw to or rb he’s been set up to fail. If you’re not gonna get Trevor I say pick up the option on Sam, sign a young veteran qb to push him for the job, trade down and look to acquire more picks and focus on giving him some targets. I mean when Perriman, crowder, Berrios, mims are your WR it’s gonna be ugly, rb has to be addressed too.

I like fields but he or Wilson, Lance, etc will all have the same lack of weapons Sam does. Also wouldn’t be shocked to see them explore wentz when he becomes available. He was brutal this year but do you really write him off so quick?

no qb would be successful in the shit storm darnold has been put in. From changes in coaches, coordinators, no OL, or any legit no 1 option to throw to or rb he’s been set up to fail. If you’re not gonna get Trevor I say pick up the option on Sam, sign a young veteran qb to push him for the job, trade down and look to acquire more picks and focus on giving him some targets. I mean when Perriman, crowder, Berrios, mims are your WR it’s gonna be ugly, rb has to be addressed too.

I like fields but he or Wilson, Lance, etc will all have the same lack of weapons Sam does. Also wouldn’t be shocked to see them explore wentz when he becomes available. He was brutal this year but do you really write him off so quick?
I like Sam but Lawrence is on another level and you just can't miss out on a QB like that when the opportunity is there. I don't care if they had to bribe Gase or force him to start Morgan at QB but you CANNOT win a game this season.

I am not handling this well @brewers888 . This is a garbage franchise with dogshit ownership and anyone that pays to watch them is a fool. FRANK GORE WHO IS 88 YEARS OLD WAS WHO LED THEM IN THE CHARGE TO BLOW A GENERATIONAL QB. Fuck them. Fuck Adam Gase. Fuck the Johnson brothers. Fields is dogshit compared to Lawrence. Joke. Such a Jets thing to do. Just fuck the NFL and this team. I hate them more than death. So sick.
This is probably the final straw for me. I stuck with them after Parcells foolishly refused to draft Peyton but I am not sticking with this team any longer.

Back