January In-Game

Morning Fellas :cheers:

Been a few months. Would like to post again - but really need the :goal: emoticon back, STAT. Don't mind losing my 7,000 or so posts/losers.

gonna lose on a handball...

GJcrFb2CEx.gif

Last edited:
so this is what Dan has been up to. He took his infatuation of Ibra to a new level.

Paris Saint-Germain acquired the services of Zlatan Ibrahimovic from AC Milan over the summer, and since his old team confirmed that he'd be heading to the Paris club, "Ibrahimovic,"reports UK's Metro, has been "rumoured to be looking to strengthen his marketing ties in France." That could conceivably mean buying a French domain name, and, like so many rich people that have been haunted by their failure to own the best possible domain name and taunted by the people that do, Zlatan will face a problem should he try to acquire Zlantan.fr. Someone already did, and is holding it ransom.

The English version of the site offers exactly the sort of pretty friendly, sort of threatening introduction you might expect from someone who squats on a URL as a way of meeting their favorite soccer player. All sic'd:

When you signed in my beloved soccer club, I got the hudge surprise to see that the domain name "Zlatan.fr" was available… do you believe that ?! So, I rushed to book it… you know, I really didn't want anyone wicked to take advantage of your name and image.

By the way, as you can see, I didn't put any commercial link on that website… you can admit that I am a nice buddy. I could have made
a fortune with such a domain name !

So now, I give you the opportunity to have it back. And for that, as you can imagine, we won't bother with lawyers and endless procedures.

He said, as he locked the door behind Zlatan Ibrahimovic and reached for the candlestick. These are the 12 "challenges" Ibrahimovic can complete, any one of which will get him the domain name:

1. Offer me a dedicated PSG jersey, with my name on it and the following quote: "After Zlatan, you really are the best !"

2. Stay at my place for a month. This way, all my life, I could say "Ibra? Sure, he used to sleep on my couch for a while."

3. Offer me 3 lifetime season tickets, for two of my friends and I. Obviously, I'm talking about Official tribune tickets… don't try to fool me with your crappy H Blue tribune tickets… [Ed. Note: Yikes]

4. Win penalty kicks against me, at the Parc des Princes of course, so that you're at home and have no excuse in case I win.

5. Beat me at taekwondo. I've heard you're not too bad at it. As I've never practiced that sport myself, I recommend you to choose this challenge.

6. Give me one of your locks of hair as a gift. Samson's strength came from his long hair. I think it works the same way with you. Then, I can make a key ring with it, which will bring me power for the rest of my life. [Ed. note: Double yikes]

7. Beat me at FIFA13. You can choose the teams but, anyway trust me, there is no way you can make it.

8. Score a more-than-30-meter-backflip-goal in an official game. Just kidding… this is not realistic.

9. Let me slap you in the face, without saying a word… and in public obviously.

10. Offer a bare-chested dedicated photo of you to my girlfriend. Frankly, among all of those challenges, I have to confess it's not my favorite. I'm getting fed up to see twinkles in her eyes when you take off your jersey at the end of a game.

11. Manage to have Neymar sign at PSG during the 2013 summer transfer market.

12. Simply ask me to let you have this domain name for free… but face to face and – as a tribute to Guillaume – in French obviously.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ma4AkKgxzxc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

meh, segment was kinda weak

<embed src="http://cnettv.cnet.com/av/video/cbsnews/atlantis2/cbsnews_player_embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" background="#333333" width="625" height="479" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" FlashVars="si=254&contentValue=50138328&shareUrl=http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50138328n" />

Hugh - gonna tell me how to get the siren ringing?
Looks like I have to get back in here and get my lads some money

testing...
:goal:
:siren:
:redlight:
:ManUK:
:fuckall:

Happy New Years to my friends who I've missed - Billy, Monger, Hugh, ManUK (mia), Braves25, Guaranteed, Pyp, Arizona Kid, That singing Greek guy, even Danaderson32, I guess.....hmmm, seems I've forgotten a few. Hopefully we'll be back altogether soon, and I am going to make a lot of fucking money :cheers: :cheers: wtf, none of these emoticons work anymore this place sucks

Only in Toronto...

TORONTO -- Nothing comes easy for Toronto FC, it seems, be it posting a win or hiring a manager.

In a somewhat bizarre turn of events Tuesday, the struggling MLS franchise unveiled new head coach Ryan Nelsen only to acknowledge it's not sure when the veteran New Zealand defender will be free to lead the club.

The 35-year-old Nelsen is under contract through June 30 to Queens Park Rangers, which is mired at the bottom of the English Premier League's relegation zone.

The MLS season kicks off March 2, with players reporting to training camp later this month. QPR finishes its league schedule May 19.

Nelson will not be involved in this month's MLS combine or SuperDraft, although TFC said he would be in daily contact with the club.

With the cost of relegation pegged at $40 million in the first year alone, despite league parachute payments to soften the blow, QPR (2-12-7) is understandably reluctant to release a defensive stalwart like Nelsen without a ready replacement.

Nelsen was unable to say when he might be able to devote his full attention to Toronto, noting only that he had to be "respectful" of his obligations to QPR

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/ryan-n...-to-manage-toronto-fc-1.1105222#ixzz2HRi7RGz7

only in Toronto can you fuck up a rabid fan base who supported MLS from the beginning. Whitecaps and Montreal are heads above better organizations.

:goal:

Someone text me when the siren and the :cheers: and the :prayer emoticons are working please.
Really not worth my time to come in here any more to rant and cuss by myself if I can't keep myself happy with my emoticons

Until then.....adieu mes amis

Looking at futures and does anyone else think Chelsea +1600 is worth a dabble ? Adding Ba was huge in my eyes and as a Man U fan they frighten me.

In the Champions League I like this Borussia Dortmund squad a lot but at +875 not enough value. Hate to go homer but Man U at +1400 might be worth a nibble, though Real Madrid is a tough draw. If Vidic can stay healthy he can shore up a leaky backline and with RvP at least they have a chance.

If your not in yet, feel free to enter the EPL Survivor Pool.

Free to enter and the winner collects $100.

Hope no one had Tottenham to win? It was one of my finalist considering who they were playing. I'm not sure QPR had a shot on goal, yet got the single point.

What a great day to be a fan of sports if you live in North Carolina.

7:45 EPL match
12:00 Dook at State in baskets
2:00 UNC at Free Shoes
4:30 NFL
8:00 NFL

Gonna have to make this day up to the Fam somewhere down the road!!!

Will post everyone's pick as soon as the next games kick-off.

This means you still have 15 minutes to enter if you'd like to.

Is there such a thing as a Gordie Howe hat trick in soccer (all he's missing now is a red card)? Oh Walters...

Were are about to be down to 4 people left if Everton and Fulham both draw. 3 of us have Chelsea on Wed. - Teed you might win this pool after the 1st week.

Back