Jamie Newman...

Nice get for Georgia. Newman is so underrated. Guess he’s not worried about racism like Fields *allegedly* experienced lol
I was very interested that he wanted to go somewhere that's not too RPO heavy. I get it as far as preparing for the NFL... Just was interesting and crossed a lot of schools off the list. He'll love the antiquated Georgia scheme.

At least he won't have to run the delayed read option for 1 yard or less 7 times a game anymore, though
That's true. General wear and tear on body will improve with only about 56 snaps a game to the offense at UGA.

Should be fun putting him with Zamir and Pickens. Have the number 1 tight end in the country coming also.

Should be fun putting him with Zamir and Pickens. Have the number 1 tight end in the country coming also.

Thats assuming Pickens even makes it to next year. He could be all-American or in jail, neither would be a surprise

Sounds like a bitter Bama fan who couldn't keep him in state. ❤

Don’t think we offered. He had a less than zero chance to qualify. But we have been struggling at WR the last few years, guess we should have taken the risk. AU fans are the ones who are mad. He was committed to them for over a year before something changed his mind on signing day.

Last edited:
I thought after the exodus of UGA WRs to the NFL, Pickens thought he'd get more reps as a freshman in Athens than Auburn. I could be wrong though.

I thought after the exodus of UGA WRs to the NFL, Pickens thought he'd get more reps as a freshman in Athens than Auburn. I could be wrong though.

Think they were able to give him a clearer path to eligibility

More like Kirby was able to lean on his contacts at Hoover HS. Don’t think the $ involved with him was any different than any other recruit. A friend of mine is a teacher there, says Pickens shouldn’t have been eligible to play high school, much less college

Back