It's Mock Draft Season/Combines/Rumors Etc Thread...

I have Barkley goes to field at 30/1. If he doesn't go to CLE, NYG, IND then I win, I have the rest of the 29 teams. What a trash offering! In a perfect scenario, Baker goes #1, I have 12/1 but it will actually be Darnold which is fine cause I have more on him -120 after the price drop due to the smoke screen on Allen last week. I have Nelson at 33/1 to go to NYG at 2 (bet void if pick traded). So if it goes #1Baker, #2Nelson, and Barkley ends up in Tampa Bay then drinks are on me fellas! I think NYG will go Barkley, Chubb, or Rosen. They'd be silly to pass on Rosen, IMO, but they seem dead set on taking a RB in an incredible deep RB class when they have a 40 year old QB and holes all over - insanity.

I'll share what I've taken. This has been over the past several months at a bunch of shops for a lot of diff amounts.

-Sam Darnold first QB drafted -120

-Baker first QB drafted +1200

Barkley No CLE, NYG, IND +3000

-Nelson 33/1, Rosen 4/1 to NYG (void if traded)

- First three picks QB: YES +300

-Total QBs selected in R1 Over 4.5 -115

-Total QBs selected in Top 5 Picks Over 2.5 -115

-Derrius Guice -175 2nd RB drafted

-Sony Michel +550 2nd RB drafted

-Shaquem Griffin last draft invitee selected +150

-Vita Vea selected before Marcus Davenport +120

Lamar Jackson -140 ahead of Rudolph

Lamar Jackson Draft Slot Under 17.5 +150

DJ Moore 1st WR +325
Calvin Ridley 1st WR +125
Courtland Sutton 1st WR +500
(I pretty much break even if it's Ridley and make money if either of other two)

-Total WRs selected in R1 Under 4.5 -120

-Ohio State players taken in R1 Under 2.5 -115

I think that's it. There will be more offerings coming in the next few days though so I'll share if I take anything else.

That one was wild, as well as the Ohio State one, and 4.5 WRS. Bet DSI got cute yesterday and tried to originate some stuff. (Mutombo finger wag)

College non pro style offense qbs

Cam
Mariota
Dalton
Bortles
Carr
Mahomes
Brees
Dak
A. Smith
Watson
Goff
Taylor
Tannehill
Bradford
Keenum

I think the whole spread in college, can't play in NFL argument is dead. Some guys can play, some guys can't. True of every type of college QB.

I liked how during the super bowl Mike Gundy was pretty much saying every other play, "yep, we run that play". To me, it's pretty clear that the schematic innovation is happening in the college game and the NFL copies about 5 years later.

Should be an interesting draft for the first time in ages. No one really knows who is going 1 (surely no one is dumb enough to take Allen). Teams need QB's but what is available seems more quantity then quality. Will someone really take a RB at 2? Hoping for some panicked deadline trades.

and thankfully no Berman

Should be an interesting draft for the first time in ages. No one really knows who is going 1 (surely no one is dumb enough to take Allen). Teams need QB's but what is available seems more quantity then quality. Will someone really take a RB at 2? Hoping for some panicked deadline trades.

and thankfully no Berman

If VC was a GM...

Assuming we ingame it need to make it mandatory everyone stays off twit

GayLeafBillDanAnderson ruined the whole first round one year

Schefter now reporting it's Baker at 1. In which case, we would see Baker, Darnold, Rosen, Chubb - I think. If not, the most likely outcome I see is Darnold, Barkley, Baker, Chubb. Then teams would be trading up in the first for Allen (Bills only team that wants him), Rosen (Bills, Miami, LA, ARI, NO, NE) and Lamar (Miami, Bal, LA, ARI, NO, NE)

FWIW, Scot McCloughan, former Skins GM, was hired on as special advisor for Browns. He was fired last year and he was on twitter for awhile and would always candidly answer peoples questions. I distinctly remeber him saying that if he were the Browns (before he was hired on) he would take Baker #1. TIFWIW.

Dbq_pt1V4AA2-9f
Dbq_pt-UQAAaT2s
DbrBAd6VMAAoRKm

Schefter now reporting it's Baker at 1. In which case, we would see Baker, Darnold, Rosen, Chubb - I think. If not, the most likely outcome I see is Darnold, Barkley, Baker, Chubb. Then teams would be trading up in the first for Allen (Bills only team that wants him), Rosen (Bills, Miami, LA, ARI, NO, NE) and Lamar (Miami, Bal, LA, ARI, NO, NE)
you think the Saints want a QB that bad/like one that much?

you think the Saints want a QB that bad/like one that much?
I think if you have a crack at Rosen or Lamar, you absolutely take it. I don't know how far front offices look ahead but the QB crop this year looks like best until the 2021 class (incoming FR who will be true juniors and also havent proven a thing in college yet). You gotta start planning for Brees' exit. Most important position in sports, yep, I don't dick around with one of these TEs or some jabroni when I need to secure my franchise's next decade. Aints would have to move up to right around 10 prob, IMO.

my book still has Rosen under 5.5 at +110....what am I missing here? is this the steal of the century? is he really not gonna go top 5?

Some people have 20+ projected pro bowlers in this 1st round... with 0 of them being QBs.

Heard if these 4 were put in last year's class it would be a stretch for them to go before in the 1st round.

my book still has Rosen under 5.5 at +110....what am I missing here? is this the steal of the century? is he really not gonna go top 5?

Not going 1st. Now Darnold likely 3. Giants RB at 2. Not going to Cleveland with Baker already picked and Broncos not interested in him.

Only way he goes top 5 is via trade.

Added one more, Gump money outta hand. Under 3.5 Bama players in Round 1 +350

Will prob be looking real nice until the final 1/3 of R1 but I have a couple scenarios which get me there. I'm admittedly a dog but a 22% implied probability is too much. Chance that Ridley could fall out and depedning on how the interior DL falls, need Falcons to pass on Da'Ron Payne to prob hit it. Hopefully Taven Bryan is still around.

Some people have 20+ projected pro bowlers in this 1st round... with 0 of them being QBs.

Heard if these 4 were put in last year's class it would be a stretch for them to go before in the 1st round.

Last year's class top end QB class was excellent, IMO, but I think this one is as well. Last year's RBs as well as this years are also great. Gonna be lotta the top fantasy football players of the next five or so years at QB and RB from the '17 and '18 classes. WR class was very underwhelming last year and this year. Next year should make it up for like '14 class.

I think if you have a crack at Rosen or Lamar, you absolutely take it. I don't know how far front offices look ahead but the QB crop this year looks like best until the 2021 class (incoming FR who will be true juniors and also havent proven a thing in college yet). You gotta start planning for Brees' exit. Most important position in sports, yep, I don't dick around with one of these TEs or some jabroni when I need to secure my franchise's next decade. Aints would have to move up to right around 10 prob, IMO.

Glad the Saints showed restraint. Maycock LOL........

This pick is SP calling. Frank Wilson..........this is a win now pick .......SB pick

Says this 1st rd we gave next year is a last in the 1st

I like Davenport

Glad the Saints showed restraint. Maycock LOL........

This pick is SP calling. Frank Wilson..........this is a win now pick .......SB pick

Says this 1st rd we gave next year is a last in the 1st

I like Davenport

I thought the move was one of the worst of R1. I like Davenport too but I dont think he's ready to contribute next year. To me, he's a major project and I think you prob dont get what you need out of him for several years, maybe ever. He's the most boom/bust player taken in R1, IMO. On tape he's hot and cold all year against poor competition and looked like a child in a genetically modified mans body at the senior bowl. You guys gave up QB capital and while you took a position with high value, it's just risky. I think in next years DL class, whch you gave up a '19 1st, he is maybe a 3rd round guy. I'll say this, often rivals are good judges of picks and hires; I would have been terrified if Lamar Jackson was an Aint, I don't care that Davenport is.

I thought the move was one of the worst of R1. I like Davenport too but I dont think he's ready to contribute next year. To me, he's a major project and I think you prob dont get what you need out of him for several years, maybe ever. He's the most boom/bust player taken in R1, IMO. On tape he's hot and cold all year against poor competition and looked like a child in a genetically modified mans body at the senior bowl. You guys gave up QB capital and while you took a position with high value, it's just risky. I think in next years DL class, whch you gave up a '19 1st, he is maybe a 3rd round guy. I'll say this, often rivals are good judges of picks and hires; I would have been terrified if Lamar Jackson was an Aint, I don't care that Davenport is.

Not sure what you guys see in Lamar......

The staff evaluation has been on point lately....they have done things like this before and paid insanely good.......The Stanley Jean Baptiste thing was the worst of the worst, but I like this pick. The Saints love our dual threat QB right now....and by dual threat I mean Special Teams/QB

Of Lamar proves me wrong....go ahead. I just dint see it.

I think Sean will get a QB he thinks he can work with

I think the NFC Stout got better

The Saints fuckin nailed the draft last year to the tune of you don't see eve.....

The staff goes in spurts of finding talent in the crazy places......Terron armstead, shit like that

5dimes has some up. Not in a hurry to get down, will try to respond to new info today and bet/post accordingly.

Mike Gesicki picked ahead of Orlando Brown +100

I'm a simpleton. Gesicki posted the highest athletic profile for a TE since 1987. Brown posted the 903 ranked profile for an OT out of 971 graded players. A player with a profile like Browns has never been drafted. To be fair, he's a good football player on tape but I'm just playing some historical data here.

Got another one for today:

Carlton Davis picked ahead of Brian O'Neill +100

Just an instinctive bet here from watching both guys a bunch over past couple years.

I thought Josh was a self proclaimed genius or something? Nothing worse than a dude that thinks he's smart but is really just pretty average. Good luck Byron Left, I'm not into him at all.

Back