It's Mock Draft Season/Combines/Rumors Etc Thread...

I’m hearing a few rumours.

BROWNS with the 4 Th pick are very interested in a offensive lineman- lawyer named Fondy. He is apparently from the Wisconsin area and is a part time lawyer. He tested off the charts and the Browns like the fact he is a lawyer so he can guide the team on player misconducts.

Eli to Jax. Heard from a friend that has ties to the Manning camp. Atleast it is being floated around

Lions will draft another shitty RB. Going to confirm this one now.
Was really hoping Love would be in this draft to take him at some point, #20 like Barry etc. Now I think we get a D lineman. This draft we need 2 d lineman, a back, and a corner. Anyone of those suffice to me. Think Hurst and Guice are in serious play for us at 20.

Lions need a back we can rely on badly, just don't go for the Best/Abdullah scat back type. Is Michel a game changer like Kamara? Maybe, but Kamara partly flourished because they already had somewhat of a thumper in Ingram to take the load off Kamara's plate, Lions need both.

Bears have trade back written all over them unless they bite on Arden Key or Joshua Jackson falls.

Does anyone know the rules with coin flips

Raiders and 49ers swap for 9/10

Is it all rounds? Or do they rotate? After 1st

Michigan DT Maurice Hurst, projected as a potential first-round pick, was diagnosed today with a heart condition, league sources told ESPN. Hurst will not go through combine drills and will undergo further testing this week.

Any combine thoughts? So far...[/QUOTE

Nfl teams put far too much emphasis on this combine than actual playing ability.

My thoughts are that the quarterbacks seem to be getting progressively worse every year.

Quentin flowers Lamar Jackson. Josh Allen all kinds of questions. Mayfield who knows. Rosen also?
Darnold looks fat and slow.

I don’t see the quarterbacking from college being able to play in the nfl.

What was the uva qb Benkhert doing there, he was terrible. The Florida state tight end ran a 4.99 40 yard dash. Really and you think you can play in the nfl?

Rosen and Allen likely seem like the only two guys that coujd mirror a Wentz or flacco type of career.
Darnold possibly but personally he has busy written all over him, makes sense since the browns will pick him.
Mayfield imo is too skinny to play in the nfl. When the games get tight he folds.

The rest of these guys like flowers benkhert madin Rudolph are CFL qbs.

I also think darnold has a rugby face and not a football face. He just doesent look like a quarterback.

Those Barkley numbers are crazy from the drills

The number 1 talk is crazy but he seems like the biggest sure thing rb in a long time, I'd say since AP but he only went 7th

He does fit better in modern NFL where the durability of the RB isn't as important anymore (running between the tackles etc). He was under-utilized running the ball at Pedophilia State, which is good for him in the long run as it might add an extra year to his career.

He just looks like a much better version of Reggie Bush to me, which certainly isn't worth a top ten pick, though I am biased against that position in general as far as being drafted high. Most easily replaced position on the field.

Back to the original point, his ability to catch out of the backfield is a big deal now. He will create a few mismatches in that way. Hopefully the team that drafts him is smart enough to utilize that year one rather than allow him to slow down with abuse in 2 years.

And while I think he has potential to be a great rb in the nfl, I would never draft him early. RB's just aren't worth it. They were not worth it back when teams were built around running the ball more than passing. That certainly isn't the case anymore. Again, he can catch though.

The Lamar Jackson stuff is insane too

Teams wanting him to do wr drills should be banned from drafting him, he's a qb period

Whomever takes him and builds an rpo scheme around him like Smith has in kc, or Watson was running in Houston before the injury is going to have a fantastic offense, might take a year or two to help with some throwing mechanics, mcshay said he struggled a bit with the tough throws in workouts, but that should be a qb coaches dream to mold him. If he's available in round 2 he's a steal

He does fit better in modern NFL where the durability of the RB isn't as important anymore (running between the tackles etc). He was under-utilized running the ball at Pedophilia State, which is good for him in the long run as it might add an extra year to his career.

He just looks like a much better version of Reggie Bush to me, which certainly isn't worth a top ten pick, though I am biased against that position in general as far as being drafted high. Most easily replaced position on the field.

Back to the original point, his ability to catch out of the backfield is a big deal now. He will create a few mismatches in that way. Hopefully the team that drafts him is smart enough to utilize that year one rather than allow him to slow down with abuse in 2 years.

And while I think he has potential to be a great rb in the nfl, I would never draft him early. RB's just aren't worth it. They were not worth it back when teams were built around running the ball more than passing. That certainly isn't the case anymore. Again, he can catch though.

if you are picking top 10-15 you have too many holes to take a luxury pick

Look at the best case scenario rb picks the last few years taking a rb top 5

Cowboys would be better with Jalen Ramsey over zeke

Agree on everything about RBs. At least the Cards' RB can line up at receiver early and often, hell he was the 2nd leading receiver a couple years ago. I guess if you can hybrid them like that there's a better case to be made. But not only are they the most replaceable piece on the field, they're the most likely to get injured with all the hits they take although less so in this generation.

They say that style cannot last .. RG3 went down with injury than Shanarat ruined his career. Watson hurt already. They don't want to pay the money and then lose the player so they don't utilize them right.

Take the Titans. They VY .. then try to make him a pocket passer. I realize you have a system and don't necessarily want to mold your offense around the QB but if you draft a guy like RG3, VY, Lamar, Watson .. you should utilize all their skills and let the chips fall where they may or don't draft them that high. You can be smart about it and not let them take abuse when it isn't necessary (blowouts come to mind) but to draft a guy who makes a lot explosive plays with his feet and then remove that part of his game, is silly.

So if Lamar gets drafted, he should get drafted by a team who will use what he brings to the table. I think he would be a good fit with Cinci or Arizona. Then maybe Jacksonville, or one of the New York teams. I think his style fits best for the good weather so I suppose Zona would be the best spot for him imo. He would be an immediate upgrade there.

Well I don't think there's a QB that will be under contract in a couple weeks so definite upgrade

I just hope whomever takes him doesnt make him a pocket passer like you say

Just draft him, and hire a coach specifically for him, consider it like a red shirt season if you have too

I like the zona fit, assuming they sign Keenum or someone too so Lamar doesn't have to start right away

It's not even a situation where you need to run him more than 5-10 times a game

It's the threat that keeps the extra spy in the box which opens up the passing game as well, and if they take that man away the underneath gets opened up and qb sees an opening and runs for 20+

Such an advantage

I don't expect him to go before Allen, Arnold, Rosen, or Mayfield. Even though if he gets in the right situation his ceiling is higher than all but 1

But if someone takes Rudolph or falk over him I lose faith in that gm

Seems like Keenum is coming here which would be great to mentor whichever QB the Cards draft. I believe they are high on Lamar but have also heard they may move up to get Mayfield (not so sure I'm a fan of that but I do trust this GM). Wouldn't be surprised to see them take Lamar at 15 though. Sounds like Rudolph's measureables will likely give him no chance at the first round but desperate teams do desperate things. And I can't believe the statue of Luke Falk is even being talked about. Would love to see a sack prop with that guy starting.

Shocked at the Lamar Jackson love???

Other than speed and running what ability does he have throwing the football?

Rg3 kap also ran the ball well. Eventually defenders will hurt a q.b. Even Cam has taken his fair share of shots. Wilson is smart slides but has a mlb calibre arm.

Nfl defenders are very fast. Jackson isn’t going to outrun anyone.
His throwing cannot improve in the pros. You either have it entering the nfl or you don’t have it.

Name me 1 qb project that has amounted to a successful q.b in the nfl.

There hasn’t been any. Cardell Jones? Logan Thomas? Who?

There is no project qb that learns how to make tight window throws in the nfl.
This ability is natural not learned.

Rams are very light at LB. Pundits have them taking a DB. That's a smoke screen imo. Evans from Bama would be an unbelievable pick if he falls to us. We need a run stuffer while Olgetree can play a role similar to Von Miller. It's a guess but that's what I would like to see. I actually think Ogletree's career gets extended if they make this move.

Rams are very light at LB. Pundits have them taking a DB. That's a smoke screen imo. Evans from Bama would be an unbelievable pick if he falls to us. We need a run stuffer while Olgetree can play a role similar to Von Miller. It's a guess but that's what I would like to see. I actually think Ogletree's career gets extended if they make this move.

Now they have to replace Ogletree.

Losing AO52 is brutal. Donald is a priority to sign. I'm hoping there is more to this like getting Trumaine Johnson signed too

2559901.jpg

Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State

Barkley is one of the most dynamic running backs to enter the NFL in the last decade. He's built like a brick house, with an extremely thick/muscular lower body. On inside runs, he's quick to press the line of scrimmage before stopping, sorting and then exploding through the hole. When he decides to bounce the ball outside, Barkley has an incredible lateral burst. He's at his best on stretch runs. When he puts his foot in the ground and drives upfield, his suddenness is exceptional. He rarely drops his shoulder on contact, but his lower-body strength allows him to power through tacklers, and he also possesses a violent stiff arm. He has elite home-run speed and can make defenders miss at the second and third level without gearing down. Barkley's a versatile weapon in the passing game, capable of splitting out wide and running receiver routes with ease. He has natural hands. He's also reliable in pass protection, displaying both awareness and willingness. Overall, Barkley is capable of becoming the best player at his position very early in his NFL career.
-Daniel Jeremiah

Saquon sucks, not strong enough and didn't put up great numbers in college. No chance for NFL success.

2559901.jpg

Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State

Barkley is one of the most dynamic running backs to enter the NFL in the last decade. He's built like a brick house, with an extremely thick/muscular lower body. On inside runs, he's quick to press the line of scrimmage before stopping, sorting and then exploding through the hole. When he decides to bounce the ball outside, Barkley has an incredible lateral burst. He's at his best on stretch runs. When he puts his foot in the ground and drives upfield, his suddenness is exceptional. He rarely drops his shoulder on contact, but his lower-body strength allows him to power through tacklers, and he also possesses a violent stiff arm. He has elite home-run speed and can make defenders miss at the second and third level without gearing down. Barkley's a versatile weapon in the passing game, capable of splitting out wide and running receiver routes with ease. He has natural hands. He's also reliable in pass protection, displaying both awareness and willingness. Overall, Barkley is capable of becoming the best player at his position very early in his NFL career.
-Daniel Jeremiah

Saquon sucks, not strong enough and didn't put up great numbers in college. No chance for NFL success.

I get that the majority of the media thinks he is far and away the best player in the draft but I strongly disagree. I don't even think there is much separating him from the other top backs like the Georgia guys, Penny, or Guise. Any team that needs a QB and passes for this guy will be making a big mistake.

Jets trade the 6,37 and 49 and next year’s 2nd rounder to the Colts in exchange for the #3 Pick in the May NFL Draft. They’re drafting a QB.

Jets trade the 6,37 and 49 and next year’s 2nd rounder to the Colts in exchange for the #3 Pick in the May NFL Draft. They’re drafting a QB.
Smart move by Colts, guessing they can get Nelson from ND at 6 or even a Ridley if they really want a stud WR

Yeah great year to have an early pick if you already have your QB. We're gonna get so fleeced

Jets also “forcing” the Giants’ hand with their #2 pick. Eli is due a $5M roster bonus if he’s on their roster tomorrow. The timing of this is quite interesting. But a move the Jets has to make.

Back