Is there a chance he'd take us back?

Right...because BBC basically mailed in the second half like he was sitting on a 40 point lead over eastern washington or some bullshit

They ran the most plays in the first half of any team in 15 years...

And its only gonna get faster

hear me out.. this is off the wall..
watching the birds last night trying to line up n run the rock while using some clock. And it was a tough spot b/c we all want Vick to run but at the same time he was starting to limp around.
Birds dont seem to use a fullback. here is my thinking to save Vick's body in situations like last night when they have a big lead and want to grind some possessions--- sign timmy tebow. let him in there even tho the D knows the run is coming at least he can pull it off the read and lower his shoulder maybe move the chains a few times. Vick chills out and doesnt take a beating.
U only use tebow in spots like last night and maybe some short yardage stuff.

plus i figure the birds will have a ton of games with a 3 td lead like last night...

Steve@Smokedawg33<small class="time" style="color: rgb(187, 187, 187); font-size: 12px; margin-top: 1px; float: right; position: relative;">4h</small>
Shoulda kept Reid

Expand

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

A couple of things, first, there was Vick's four turnover game of the year. For further reading, please see opening day last year in Cleveland.

Second, KC was impressive. They're a lot faster of a team than I gave them credit for and Smith seems to work just fine as a system guy. Maybe that's what he's always need.

Most importantly, though, I'm still not really convinced why anybody ever thought this Birds team was going to be any good this year.

Go back to the summer and the conversation was really, can they get through this year with Vick or Foles running the system and then draft a QB. That's the conversation that surrounds a 5-11, maybe 7-9 team, not a good one. The secondary was purged and Maclin was lost of the year. Granted, they had a great half against Washington, but now I think we can say we've seen enough to gauge this team and they are what we thought they'd be.

Their defense has holes and their offense has a ton of talent. Now that we've seen how they play that about evens out. On bad nights for the offense like last night they should lose by 10 because the defense is going to be more than happy to give up 20+ a game. On good nights that may not matter because the offense can put up 30+.

They should be fun to watch, but I wouldn't expect much more than that.

Time to pull this thread outta the basement.

Well the Birds are back to a degree but...

This bullshit with Chip not giving a crap about TOP is gonna be the downfall of the Birds.

Don't get me wrong, they're playing great on both sides of the ball until the 4th quarter. These are grown ass men not kids juiced up on hormones, they all look gassed at the end of games on both offense and defense hence them almost shitting the bed in the final quarter the last 2 weeks. Chip also doesn't work the clock which is a big no-no in the pros. Winning is disguising this massive flaw.

Very concerned that at the ass end of the season the Birds will fade like mother f**kers due to fatigue.

Lions offense will be a massive test next week especially in the 4th.

Spot on. Foot comes off the pedal and they go into the fetal. I do like the way the defense is playing, they look the best they have since the late great Jim
Johnson (peace be upon his name) left the team

Classiest guy at CTG.

Crawled out from your ditch to post that.

Well done, Mokey.

Grats on Eli making the top 10 in single-season INT's thrown.

Great season. Found a coach & qb & went 10-6 in a "rebuilding" year.

One thing: when NO got into chip shot fg range Eagles shoulda let them score & gotten the ball back w 3 mins, 2 time outs & the 2 min warning. Woulda been crazy but Chip is supposed to be so progressive

One thing: when NO got into chip shot fg range Eagles shoulda let them score & gotten the ball back w 3 mins, 2 time outs & the 2 min warning. Woulda been crazy but Chip is supposed to be so progressive

Would have loved to see that(despite on under). Someone needs to break the seal, so-to-speak.

and if the snap or hold goes bad on the fg attempt then what

Eagles' Jason Peters: New Orleans Saints 'got lucky'

Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League Editor
+Follow on Twitter
The Philadelphia Eagles' surprising season ended with a thud Saturday night, getting run over at home by the New Orleans Saints. After the game, some of the Eagles had a tough time giving the Saints much credit.

"They got lucky and beat us," offensive tackle Jason Peters said, via CSNPhilly.com. "We beat ourselves in the first half and they came out with a win."

We'd argue that New Orleans physically dominated Philadelphia throughout the game. If anything, it felt lucky that the Eagles managed to take a lead in the fourth quarter.

"We lost to a team that wasn't necessarily better than us," cornerback Cary Williams said. "They weren't better than us. Period. But (they were) better tonight. They got the job done."

This is a postgame trend that needs to stop. Losing players often say the "better team" lost, and it always comes off sounding ridiculous. Williams had a difficult time taking responsibility for the loss in general.

"When you go out there and have multiple busts, you're not helping your situation, not helping your team," Williams said, via Geoff Mosher. It sounds like he was talking about the run defense. Later, Williams added that when "the right call isn't being necessarily made, it's frustrating."

Add it all up, and this is an odd line of reasoning from a team that nearly saw its total yardage doubled on Saturday (434-256). The Eagles missed a key field goal, gave up a big kick return at the worst moment and couldn't stop the run all day. Philly won the turnover battle 2-0, but it didn't matter.

In short: The better team won.

The "Around The League Podcast" is now available on iTunes! Click here to listen and subscribe.

Classy

typical philly behavior

what a fucking troll. look after every game played by every team and you find comments like that made by players.

philly fans were amazing last night. parking lots filled with tailgaters by 2pm for an 8pm game in the blistering cold.

Idiots like the two fucktards trolling in this thread are why I hardly post here anymore to be honest but whatever.

eagles got whipped pretty good last night and still coulda/shoulda won the game so it's not out of the realm of possibility for them to think they are the better team.

Offense didn't show up in the first half, defense couldn't get a stop when it matted and the special teams fucked em in the end. Standard operating procedure for an eagles playoff game.

trying to think of someone who had a good game but can't really come up with it. Foles was way too conservative in taking shots early on and that sack he took before the missed FG just can't happen. He had all fucking day. Throw it away or take off scrambling for Christ sake. In hindsight chip shoulda kicked the FG instead of going for (and getting) the 4th and 1 but I'm pretty sure he didn't think they go backwards 20 yards after they picked up the first.

Assuming the plan was to slow down the passing game (which they did an admirable job at save for Patrick Chung getting blown by on that long one to meachem and the 3rd and 12 completion where Carmichael had to come in for Williams and Brees went after him) but how the hell do you get gashed like that by the NO run game? It was pathetic. Couldn't stop mark Ingram and some dude they picked up off the street before the game all game long.

The cooper drop was a huge play. That definitely took points off the board. And the kickoff at the end was just kinda the perfect ending to the prefect game of fuck ups.

Fwiw letting them score at the end there would have been good in theory but I'm not sure they woulda been able to pull it off. It's one thing to say let em score from the 5 but I don't think it's feasible from the 30. They woulda just fallen down...

all in all though things are trending upwards. Kelly is only gonna get better. Foles is an adequate nfl QB (though I am concerned he has a little too much Alex smith in him in big games). Just get some more players on defense, another receiver and keep growing...NFC east should be ours for the next 3 to 4 years without even really trying so just need to get hot at the right time. It's bound to happen sooner or later.....right?? Right????

And we need HaHa Clinton Dix in the draft.

would be the perfect fit (other than Sammy Watkins but I'm assuming he goes top 5)

if Dix is gone, go Mike Evans

no way u go WR in the first. you resign maclin and then u have cooper and djax on the ends and maclin in the slot...thats just fine wiht me. gotta do

defense
defense
defense
defense
defense
defense

And Alex Henery needs to get out of the NFL. Everyone who knows the eagles knew he was going to blow a huge kick at some point this season. Guy is straight trash.

no way u go WR in the first. you resign maclin and then u have cooper and djax on the ends and maclin in the slot...thats just fine wiht me. gotta do

defense
defense
defense
defense
defense
defense

And Alex Henery needs to get out of the NFL. Everyone who knows the eagles knew he was going to blow a huge kick at some point this season. Guy is straight trash.

Pretty sure cooper is a FA too but I think you can upgrade there. Maclin coming back would be nice but if Evans is sitting there (or Alan Robinson in the 2nd) and Dix is off the board and for whatever reason youve lost maclin and/or cooper and there's no corner or pass rusher sitting there with a high grade you take him. Drafting for need is what killed Reid in the drafts - you take the best player and if that's mike Evans at 20 or whatever it is then its mike Evans at 20.

Can never have too many weapons.

and yeah it goes without saying that Henry is gone which is why I didn't say it. Haha

Thing that sucks most about this loss is just that they were so healthy for the most part (though the guy that was hurt - wolf - was a pretty devastating loss given his replacement) and had such a favorable draw as far as the path through the playoffs went. Things don't lineup like that often

Pretty sure cooper is a FA too but I think you can upgrade there. Maclin coming back would be nice but if Evans is sitting there (or Alan Robinson in the 2nd) and Dix is off the board and for whatever reason youve lost maclin and/or cooper and there's no corner or pass rusher sitting there with a high grade you take him. Drafting for need is what killed Reid in the drafts - you take the best player and if that's mike Evans at 20 or whatever it is then its mike Evans at 20.

Can never have too many weapons.

and yeah it goes without saying that Henry is gone which is why I didn't say it. Haha

McShay's mock had you guys takin

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu*
Philadelphia Eagles (8-6)

COLLEGE: Oregon
HT: 5-10
WT: 190
POS: CB

i

Analysis: I don't think the Eagles are going to find the pass-rusher they're looking for at this point in the draft, so taking Ekpre-Olomu would help them fill their second-biggest need. He is a ball hawk and playmaker with very good anticipation and route-recognition skills, and he's a fluid, flexible athlete who isn't afraid to come up and support the run. Eagles coach Chip Kelly has a familiarity with Ekpre-Olomu, having coached him at Oregon. Receivers like Vanderbilt's Jordan Matthews and Florida State's Kelvin Benjamin would fill a need as well, if the Eagles opt to pass on a corner.

I think by the time they got in it was too late

Chip called the 2nd TO at 2:33 with NO on the 33 which isn't a chip shot

they got the 1st the next play and it didn't matter, saints wouldn't have scored, they would have just dropped to the ground

the whole 'let them score' thing really only works inside the 5 or 10

McShay's mock had you guys takin

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu*
Philadelphia Eagles (8-6)

COLLEGE: Oregon
HT: 5-10
WT: 190
POS: CB

i

Analysis: I don't think the Eagles are going to find the pass-rusher they're looking for at this point in the draft, so taking Ekpre-Olomu would help them fill their second-biggest need. He is a ball hawk and playmaker with very good anticipation and route-recognition skills, and he's a fluid, flexible athlete who isn't afraid to come up and support the run. Eagles coach Chip Kelly has a familiarity with Ekpre-Olomu, having coached him at Oregon. Receivers like Vanderbilt's Jordan Matthews and Florida State's Kelvin Benjamin would fill a need as well, if the Eagles opt to pass on a corner.

word is he's staying at oregon

I don't want anything to do with Alabama secondary guys....safety and cb is probably the number one need followed by wr and pass rusher probably going to bed a ilb soon as well...I would love Evans though...

Any shot chip goes after boyd or another qb at 22 to 'develop' behind foles?

agreed on the safety from bama. i do like clinton dix but u just dont take a safety in rd 1 unless hes a generational talent.

cooper is a FA but think they can sign him and maclin.

Evans to me is cooper. Guy has great hands but is slow as shit. Dont think hes gonna be that great

agree with the Smith comp on Foles too

I still think you guys need a QB to raise the ceiling from playoff team to contender

Chips system is what is making Foles good not the other way around, Eagles led the league this year at YAC per reception and it's because all Foles is asked to do is throw the underneath stuff and let speed take over, pads his stats

either need someone with an elite arm or someone that is at least a threat to run to unleash chips offense full capability

stop with the foles thing...alex smith did enough to win the game for KC and foles did enough to win the game for philly. both were fine

Back