Is there a chance he'd take us back?

Smokedawg

Eagles Fan
In the interest of not having me and Joe turn every other thread into an Eagles thread, just thought Id put everything in here...

950 ESPN radio in town is reporting that ProFootballTalk.com is reporting that the Eagles signed Stacy Andrews to a long term deal averaging 7$ mil a year

We shall see...

If its true, I like it...as obviously there was a need at tackle, but also because anything that helps his brother get his head on straight is a positive development

From PFT, "Per the source, it's a multi-year deal averaging $7 million per season."

Here was what Paul Domowitch had to say about Stacy Andrews yesterday, "OT, Bengals: He's the best right tackle in free agency, and also can play guard if Andy Reid prefers to move his younger brother, Shawn, outside."

Ray Parillo at the Inquirer in today's paper had more on the prospect of bringing in Stacy, hinting that it could help the progress and mental state of his stud brother Shawn who has had his share of challenges recently.

It might be a long-shot possibility given all of the circumstances, but Andrews might want to play alongside his brother. The top right tackle in free agency, Stacy Andrews started the first 15 games for the Bengals before tearing two ligaments in his right knee Dec. 21 against Cleveland. He had surgery on Jan. 7. He could be ready to return in the preseason. Stacy was Cincinnati's designated franchise player last season. A call to his agent, Rich Moran, was not returned.

This could mean Jon Runyan's days in Philly are numbered.

Just read buckhalter signed with the broncos, so almost guarantees we take running back in the first 2 rounds

interesting...thats a good fit for him...i always liked him, andy just didnt give him enough touches

and yeah, i think they actually might go RB with that 28th pick if they keep em both and depending whos there...

I didn't mind him. wish he coulda stayed healthier but we also have to go) in draft somewhere cause we have noone capable behind him

In the interest of not having me and Joe turn every other thread into an Eagles thread

I'm not really sure what your problem with that is, but you know, great idea on this thread as I think you and I both know there's just not enough Eagle talk around here.

I'm sad to see Buck leave, but I'm happy for him. There were times in that guy's career that nobody would have thought this day might happen, so good for him.

And, yeah, we'll be drafting an RB for sure now. Oh, Tony Hunt, what happened to you.

That the Eagles have yet to sign Brian Dawkins bothers me. It also worries me, but it bugs me. If he gets signed away like John Lynch at the end of his career I will be pissed.

Here's something I understand even less this year. The Birds have a ton of money.

Why is Brian Dawkins still unsigned? Why isn't going after Tony Gonzalez an option?

I'm not asking this team to be the 'Skins, but for crying out loud.

From the Internets:

Free-agent safety Brian Dawkins, a fixture in Philly since the mid-1990s, is embarking on the first free-agent visit of his 13-year career.

Dawkins is flying to Denver on Friday afternoon to meet with the Broncos, according to two league sources.

Excuse me for a second, would you . . . aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently the Birds offered B-Dawk a one year deal, he wants a multi-year deal so he's checking out the market.

I still think Brian Dawkins must retire an Eagle. Above Donovan, actually, no one on this team deserves to finish his career in Philly more than B-Dawk.

LJ Smith is close to signing with Atlanta.

Sean Considine is going to jump to Jacksonville, two year deal.

We're like 12 hours into free agency and this team is p*ssing me off already.

T.J. Houshmandzadeh has a visit planned with the Seattle Seahawks, according to Alex Marvez of FoxSports.com.
That's the only team reportedly bringing him in so far, as of 10:50 a.m. It was thought that Houshmandzadeh, the consensus top free agent receiver, would draw interest from several teams, but it hasn't happened yet. Or at least it hasn't been reported.
In my earlier post, I wrote about Houshmandzadeh appearing on ESPN late last night and mentioning the Eagles as one of the four teams he'd be interested in playing for. He also reportedly sent ESPN 950 a text message, saying: "I don't know what's gonna happen, if they want me I will be an Eagle tomorrow."
Meanwhile, a source tells Tom Kowalski of MLive.com that the Lions could be a potential suitor for Houshmandzadeh's services. According to the source, Houshmandzadeh was at the top of Detroit's wish list, but the Lions thought he'd be too expensive.
More updates to come throughout the day so keep checking back.

Yeah...if they let dawkins go....god help them...theyll get killed for that one

Well it's simply unacceptable. And if they don't know that or realize that they're too insulated, too much in their own bubble and not really reflecting the town or their fan base.

Not to mention Considine leaving. Now, you can say he's not very good or whatever, and I may agree, but suddenly we basically have no safeties on this team. You now HAVE to re-sign B-Dawk.

Another report has TJ narrowing it down to four teams: Philly, NYG, Seattle, Minny.

I still want Boldin, though now Warner's saying he'll give AZ a discount if they re-do Boldin's deal and make him happy in Phoenix.

Somebody needs to tell Jesus to tell Kurt Warner to keep his f**king yapper shut, the Birds need Boldin.

you have a link for this JP? I just searched everywhere and couldn't find anything other than him visiting there.

I seriously cant believe it. the eagles know absolutely nothing about good will. i am beside myself right now, i just cant believe it.

I am also 100% sure Jax is the worst organization in the league....why the fuck would you sign Sean Considine he is god awful.

now sportscenter is reporting it. i was also just listening to the radio and Hugh came on confirming that he signed with denver and was like "how are you not going to sign this cat. he's the heart and soul of the team." this is fucking horrible.

Yeah, I kept holding out hope that it wasn't for real.

And I'm actually not convinced he's signed on the dotted line yet. They say it's a two year deal, but every report seems to be qualified in some way.

But I fear it's over.

If so, I feel like everybody else. Really hurt.

The Eagles may have not just had the window on their SB close, they may have closed it themselves.

Yeah, I thought I was done, but I'm not.

Here's what the Eagles do not understand--and they've proven that they've never truly grasped this. There are some people, in any organization, that you over-pay for. There are some guys you have to retain. Not just for what they produce, but because they make those around them better. Because people want to come to work because that guy's there.

The Eagles may justify this by saying, 'well, we still have Westbrook, he's our heart,' and about that, they're right. But while they retain their heart, they just cut out their soul and kicked it off the Ben Franklin Bridge.

F**k.

I'm not as angry as most. I'm sad, but not angry. I really don't think B-Dawk will be a full-time starter this year. He'll hurt the locker room for sure. Maybe Sheldon moves to Safety, and Hansen (who is being paid starter money as a current 3rd corner) slides to starting CB, and Lito moves to 3rd CB? Sounds ok...? Maybe Philly goes out and signs one of the young safeties available?

I'm more pissed that Tra Thomas is looking at other teams. If the Eagles lose Thomas, I think Donovan is gone. McNabb said he wanted to see what the Eagles were going to do before making a decision on his future. Well, so far -- Runyan is gone (assuming Andrews signs), Thomas could be gone, same for Dawk, and Buckhalter. Housmanzadeh isn't coming here---he's too old and he wants too much money. Maybe Kolb takes over this year?

How about this idea: We trade two 1st round picks and get Cassell. We trade McNabb to KC for a 2th and 4th.

I didnt see many Eagles games this year but I kept hearing that Dawk's play slipped. Even if that is the case he was such a huge leader of that team that for that case alone he deserved to be re-signed. And its not like he is a piece of garbage either. The guys can still play and hit with the best. Cant believe they just let him walk like that

I didnt see many Eagles games this year but I kept hearing that Dawk's play slipped. Even if that is the case he was such a huge leader of that team that for that case alone he deserved to be re-signed. And its not like he is a piece of garbage either. The guys can still play and hit with the best. Cant believe they just let him walk like that

I think it's more emotional this time because of what he meant to the city. But we've seen this before - notably with Trotter. And Trotter left and did nothing. I don't think Dawk will make a huge impact in Denver. The defense is just not good enough. This is the same thing that happened with Derrick Brooks. It's not specifically an Eagles move. It's a general business move of the NFL.

I think Donovan is gone. McNabb said he wanted to see what the Eagles were going to do before making a decision on his future.

This is the biggest part of this whole thing for me. Yes, I love B-Dawk, I think he is the soul of this team and yes I think he should be re-signed if only for the leadership he can provide in grooming a replacement that we basically have to look to draft this year. But what's bigger is the message this sends to Donovan and that is, same old Eagles.

And that's the problem.

Now, look, I could easily be overreacting (yeah, because that never happens), but I think Donovan was, just like Brian Dawkins, basically begging the team, 'look, we want to be here, we want to win here--if only because we want to finish what we started--help us do that.' To which the Eagles responded, 'engh, we'll think about it.'

=|

this part of the forum consist of %50 Iggles talk

On behalf of Birds fans let me just say we're sorry you had to put up with that other 50%

You know, minus the 20% of that which was Browns-talk, of course.

But wait, there's more:

Lito Sheppard is visiting the Jets tomorrow. But, wait, you say, isn't Lito under contract, isn't that tampering--or something like that? Well, I think it is, but what the hell do I know. Either way the Eagles are shopping him so maybe they don't care.

Then, how about this:

According to Derrick Gunn on Comcast SportsNet, the Eagles didn't react kindly to an effort by Houshmandzadeh to dupe the team into thinking that he was offering Philly a discount. After checking around, the Eagles reportedly learned that Houshmandzadeh's agent was actually asking for more money from the Eagles than from other teams.

So TJ just threw out his chances of playing for the Birds. We're 24 hours in and unless this plane pulls out of what's more and more looking like a nosedive, this team may go from one game away from the SB to full on rebuilding in less the span of a week.

But wait, there's more:

Lito Sheppard is visiting the Jets tomorrow. But, wait, you say, isn't Lito under contract, isn't that tampering--or something like that? Well, I think it is, but what the hell do I know. Either way the Eagles are shopping him so maybe they don't care.

Then, how about this:

According to Derrick Gunn on Comcast SportsNet, the Eagles didn't react kindly to an effort by Houshmandzadeh to dupe the team into thinking that he was offering Philly a discount. After checking around, the Eagles reportedly learned that Houshmandzadeh's agent was actually asking for more money from the Eagles than from other teams.

So TJ just threw out his chances of playing for the Birds. We're 24 hours in and unless this plane pulls out of what's more and more looking like a nosedive, this team may go from one game away from the SB to full on rebuilding in less the span of a week.

I need to see that D-Gunn story in writing. I just watched the show at 5pm. He said TJ would give the Eagles a discount, but that TJ was asking for way too much money in the first place. Who reported that, Joe?

I still think the Iggles end up with Boldin somehow. Housh will end up on the West Coast.

I still think the Iggles end up with Boldin somehow. Housh will end up on the West Coast.

I truly hope you're right.

yea right now we have to end up with boldin, the best safety, and the best tackle that's still available for this to be a successful offseason.

Breaking: Sheppard To Be Traded

From Joe Fortenbaugh:
Breaking news out of Philadelphia. Sources close to both teams have just informed me that Philadelphia Eagles cornerback Lito Sheppard will be traded to the New York Jets in exchange for a 5th round draft pick this year, as well as a conditional draft pick next year based on playing time. The conditional pick could be either a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round selection.
A seven-year veteran, Sheppard started only three games for the Eagles in 2008, due to the arrival of Pro-Bowl cornerback Asante Samuel via free agency last year.
Sheppard had 21 tackles and 1 interception for Philadelphia in 2008

Three Teams Interested In Leonhard

<!--StartFragment-->
I just spoke with a source who told me that free agent safety Jim Leonhard, who is flying to New York to visit with the Jets tomorrow, has received strong interest from both Philadelphia and Denver as well.
The four-year year veteran from Wisconsin started thirteen regular season games for the Ravens last season, including three starts in the post-season. Leonhard can also be a factor in the kick return game, which may increase his market value.
More on this story as it develops.

I don't know how I feel about replacing B-Dawk with Leonard. Truthfully, I don't think I like it.

Then, if they can only get a 5th rounder for Lito (not crazy about that, either), it proves the Eagles are stockpiling picks.

As of right now the Eagles have the most picks of any team in the draft with 10, add this pick from NYJ and that's 11.

I would be shocked if they didn't trade some of those.

Slowly, but surely I think I'm starting to see an outline of what they're doing and in true Eagles fashion, it has nothing to do with loyalty to their players.

I think they've realized that the trenches are aging and that if they don't restock that, they're f**ked no matter what Donovan or anybody else decides to do. Besides, my guess is, they figure Donovan's under contract for two more years so if it really came to it, they'd just force him to play it out.

So what I think they're going to do is what they always do. They're going to draft OL hard in a draft that's deep with 'em. If they don't think they can get the guy they want, they will use some of their picks to trade up.

I think they may look to trade for Boldin, but only if the price is right and only because he's 28.

I don't think they care about B-Dawk because he's hit that magic age where the team always cuts 'em, no matter how much they man to the team (Hugh Douglas, Trotter, etc.). I also think they feel they can do this on that side of the ball because it's Jim Johnson's system that made the player not the other way around and they'll point to history as proof.

They're a system team, they believe in the system through thick and thin, it's made them a lot of money. It's won 'em jack-s**t, but it's made 'em a lot of money. And I think they're applying that system across the board no matter what the climate is.

That's why I'm worried.

totally agree JP. I believe i remarked in the Al Davis thread about how this team will always take players that are cheaper because they believe in the system so much. But what the hell has that gotten them? pretty much the only thing they wanted which was a full stadium every Sunday.

I believe that they will try and trade for Boldin because there is going to be some backlash from letting BDawk go. How many reporters do you think are calling DMac right now to get his bone headed reaction about this move?

Yeah, it's one thing to be a system organization and team when that system puts rings on fingers and fills trophy cases, but that's not what this system has done.

To this point this system has only built a team that's good, not great, and to this point that hasn't been good enough.

ESPN is reporting Lito to the Jets is a done deal. At least that's what you take away from reading the ticker.

Sources: Sheppard to Jets

Comment Email Print Share <script type="text/javascript"> var stobj = SHARETHIS.addEntry({ title:"Sources:%20Eagles%20to%20trade%20Sheppard%20to%20Jets", url:"http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3941269", published: "2009-02-27" }); stobj.attachButton(document.getElementById("espnstlink")); </script>
<cite class="source"> By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com
Archive </cite>
<!-- end mod-article-title --> <!-- begin story body --> First, he was forced out of the starting lineup by the acquisition of high-profile free agent Asante Samuel last season.
Now cornerback Lito Sheppard has been forced out of Philadelphia.
The Eagles on Saturday are expected to complete a trade which will send Sheppard to the New York Jets for a package of draft picks. Sources from both clubs on Friday night confirmed the trade.
Although details of the deal were not available, the Eagles are believed to be receiving a middle-round choice in the 2010 draft and conditional 2011 draft choice. The level of the 2011 choice will be determined by a number of factors including Sheppard's 2009 playing time.
Sheppard, 27, is a two-time Pro Bowl defender. He started for much of his career, but was supplanted by Samuel in 2008.
A seven-year veteran, Sheppard played mostly in nickel and dime situations for the Eagles last year. He started three games, the lowest number of starts since his second season.
Sheppard, a first-round draft choice in 2002 draft, appeared in 93 games and started 53 of them. He has 253 tackles, two sacks, 18 interceptions, and 54 passes defensed. The recent re-signing of cornerback Joselio Hanson to a multi-year deal, made Sheppard expendable for the Eagles. Hanson received an increasing amount of playing time as the No. 3 cornerback as last season progressed.
Sheppard is expected to step right into the starting lineup at the cornerback spot opposite the one occupied by Darrelle Revis.
Len Pasquarelli is a senior writer for ESPN.com

Sheppard is gone and Boldin is not going to Philly. Iggles are out of the running for Housh. This team HAS to draft a RB with the first pick. Not a good day to be an Iggles fan. Lost your heart and soul of that defense.

Back