Is it fair that the SEC only plays H. School teams in week 13?

Like clown said, the only solution to appease and represent all parties is an 8 team playoff. 8 "power" conferences of 12-16 teams each with a conference championship.

Alabama in talks to open 2017 season with FSU in Atlanta. If it happens, will open next 3 seasons with Wisconsin, USC, and FSU. None of them are road games so they won't count at CTG

Alabama in talks to open 2017 season with FSU in Atlanta. If it happens, will open next 3 seasons with Wisconsin, USC, and FSU. None of them are road games so they won't count at CTG

That is the opening of the new Atlanta stadium, right?

I know Mich and Florida were rumored there but are playing at JerryWorld the same date.

Bama gets credit for coming up to Penn State...and for awhile had that Sparty Home and Home scheduled...

OT to this but I was looking at future schedules...whoever takes over this dumpster fire up here gets zero directional/mac schools next year...

[TABLE="class: commonTable, width: 290"]
<thead style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; box-sizing: border-box;">[TR="class: rowEven"]
[TD="bgcolor: #00265D, colspan: 2, align: center"]2 0 1 5[/TD]
[/TR]
</thead><tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; box-sizing: border-box;">[TR="class: rowEven"]
[TD]Date[/TD]
[TD="width: 70%, bgcolor: #ECECEC"]Opponent[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sept. 3[/TD]
[TD]at Utah[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sept. 12[/TD]
[TD]OREGON STATE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sept. 19[/TD]
[TD]UNLV[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sept. 26[/TD]
[TD]BRIGHAM YOUNG[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Will get credit as they normally do with opening the season with a name. Who else do they schedule OOC that year?

Didn't we have a home/home back in the mid 2000's when both teams were kinda down? Or was that 2 neutrals? Can't recall. That'd be pretty awesome if we had that these last two years or in the immediate future (before Jameis burns the athletic dept to the ground) hell, we may not have a football team in 2017 if he for some reason decides to stay in school another year.

Either way, this whole thread is a disaster... I get that the system could be better... And SEC fans have, rightfully, been propping themselves up as dominant, because they have been until last year. You can't argue with results - nfl talent, championships, coaching, etc. I think people are trying a little too hard to hate on the SEC while they're the most vulnerable they've been in years. But they have the most talent collectively, and it's not even close. It just so happens that in 2014, the best teams in the SEC are in the west, and are required to play each other. Good for them.

The only time I take exception to these discussions and entertain ignorance is when the same SEC blowhards that prop up their conference and take pride in their closest rivals' success, use that argument to say something to the effect of "The 5th best team in the West would beat FSU/Oregon/TCU etc... So there's no doubt that Alabama will DESTROY those teams." People actually say this, and believe this whole heartedly. I live in Alabama and hear it every. single. day.

The fact still remains though, and will always be - just stfu and beat the teams that step on the field with you, and the rest will take care of itself. If you aren't good enough to emerge from your own conference/division, you don't deserve a chance to play against the rest of the nation's best teams. After championship week there will be a clear picture of who really deserves to be in the final four. Until then, carry on.

Is it a win and in scenario for Miss St or do you guys think they could get jumped?

You'd have to imagine they get jumped by either the Big 12 or B1G champion. I don't see any way that 2 SEC teams get in ahead of both of those conferences' champions, provided they win out in winning those titles.

lol and this week it matters where a team was ranked when you played them, not where they ended at the end of the year

I love these shifting dynamics week to week

You'd have to imagine they get jumped by either the Big 12 or B1G champion. I don't see any way that 2 SEC teams get in ahead of both of those conferences' champions, provided they win out in winning those titles.

My thoughts exactly

Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet. SEC bias

[h=1]Power rankings: Big 12, not SEC, is No. 1[/h]December, 1, 2014
DEC 1
11:21
AM ET

<cite class="byline" style="margin: 6px 0px 16px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: baseline; font-style: normal; font-stretch: normal; line-height: 14px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(153, 153, 153); display: block; overflow: hidden; background: transparent;">By Sharon Katz, ESPN Stats & Information | ESPN.com</cite>

ncf_a_cfbts_576x324.jpg

<cite style="margin: 0px 0px 4px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; display: block; color: rgb(171, 171, 171); background: transparent;">AP Photos</cite>Trevone Boykin, Bryce Petty and Jake Waters lead the Big 12's top three teams

For the first time in years, the SEC has been knocked off its perch as the top conference in the nation in ESPN Stats and Information’s Conference Power Rankings.

The SEC was 0-4 in its SEC-ACC rivalry games, marking the first time since 2000 that Georgia,Florida and South Carolina each lost to its major in-state rival. The SEC is 5-6 (.455 win pct) in non-conference games against other Power 5 opponents, which ranks third among Power 5 conferences.

[h=4]Non-Conference Games
vs Power 5 Teams[/h][TABLE="width: 240"]
<thead style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background: transparent;">[TR]
[TH][/TH]
[TH]Record[/TH]
[TH]Win pct[/TH]
[/TR]
</thead><tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background: transparent;">[TR="class: last"]
[TD]Pac-12[/TD]
[TD]8-3[/TD]
[TD].727[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: last"]
[TD]ACC[/TD]
[TD]10-7[/TD]
[TD].588[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]SEC*[/TD]
[TD]5-6[/TD]
[TD].455[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Big 12[/TD]
[TD]4-6[/TD]
[TD].400[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Big Ten[/TD]
[TD]6-11[/TD]
[TD].353[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody><tfoot style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background: transparent;">[TR]
[TD="colspan: 3"]*0-4 vs ACC on Saturday[/TD]
[/TR]
</tfoot>[/TABLE]

The race for No. 1, however, is basically a tie between the Big 12 and SEC. The Big 12’s rating is based largely on its strength at the top of the conference, which is measured by the Associated Press poll. The Big 12 has three teams – TCU,Baylor and Kansas State – in the top 10 of the AP poll, the most of any conference. Two of those teams will face off this weekend in Waco, Texas.

The Big 12 has a lower average Football Power Index ranking than the SEC and Pac-12, meaning that despite its strength at the top of the conference, it is not particularly deep. The Big 12 has four teams below 60th in the Football Power Index, which is as many as the Pac-12 and SEC have combined.

Nonetheless, Baylor, TCU and Kansas State are in the midst of strong seasons, and in a 10-team league, that has vaulted the Big 12 to the top of the rankings. In four of the first fiveCollege Football Playoff rankings, the Big 12 has been on the outside looking in, but the conference should have a strong argument for inclusion with Tuesday’s release.

The biggest riser in the Conference Power Rankings this week was the ACC. After sweeping the SEC-ACC rivalry games Saturday, the ACC rose 7.0 points to nearly pull even with the Big Ten.Georgia Tech, Clemson and Louisville each rose at least three spots in the AP poll and continued to climb in the Football Power Index.

It has been an up-and-down year for many conferences. The Big Ten was buried early in the year before bouncing back, particularly against the ACC, in Weeks 4 and 5. The ACC was having a down year before it swept the SEC-ACC rivalry series in Week 14. Conference strength will play a role in the College Football Playoff selection, but just as there is not a dominant team this year, there also may not be a dominant conference.

[h=4]ESPN Stats & Information Conference Power Rankings[/h][TABLE="width: 562"]
<thead style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background: transparent;">[TR]
[TH]Overall Ranking[/TH]
[TH]Conference[/TH]
[TH]AP Rank[/TH]
[TH]FPI Rank[/TH]
[TH]Overall Rating[/TH]
[TH]Rt Change[/TH]
[/TR]
</thead><tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background: transparent;">[TR="class: last"]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]Big 12[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]90.3[/TD]
[TD]2.2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]SEC[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]90.2[/TD]
[TD]-1.8[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]Pac-12[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]83.2[/TD]
[TD]-3.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]Big Ten[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]69.1[/TD]
[TD]1.4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]ACC[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]69[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]MW[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]22.3[/TD]
[TD]-1.2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]American[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]21.7[/TD]
[TD]0.4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]C-USA[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]18.1[/TD]
[TD]-2.9[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]Sun Belt[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]14.8[/TD]
[TD]0.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD]MAC[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD]14.7[/TD]
[TD]0.4

[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

lol

hey GPS, you wanna start hating the B12 collectively with me? We can start it and see if it catches:shake:

Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet. SEC bias

I'm on neither side here as I don't have a college football team I really root for, but how does that article prove there isn't an SEC bias? That article uses stats and formulas (I'm assuming there are some formulas to make up their index) to show who's on top...no bias could/would really fit in there.

The point about the SEC bias shows up more in the preseason rankings, what ESPN is always showing or talking about, and the seeming consensus that the SEC is the best conference just because. If anything, that article shows that there may be an SEC bias....that has been proven to be incorrect this year based on their power rankings.

I'm on neither side here as I don't have a college football team I really root for, but how does that article prove there isn't an SEC bias? That article uses stats and formulas (I'm assuming there are some formulas to make up their index) to show who's on top...no bias could/would really fit in there.

The point about the SEC bias shows up more in the preseason rankings, what ESPN is always showing or talking about, and the seeming consensus that the SEC is the best conference just because. If anything, that article shows that there may be an SEC bias....that has been proven to be incorrect this year based on their power rankings.

Tongue in cheek. I don't care what people think about the SEC. But to hear it from some on here, ESPN would never print something that would put the SEC anywhere but the top

You saps havent been to a college football game until you witnessed a couple top teams competing in the sec. The atmosphere is electric.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kg4rpid9dpQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ACC goes 4-0 against the sec this weekend and we get crickets. When the ACC goes 1-3 or 0-4 on this same weekend every year we hear all about it. Lol. Congrats to Free shoes, Jawja tech, L'Ville and Clumpson. Job well done, men. We've confirmed that we're first off the platform now!! Yea!!

You saps havent been to a college football game until you witnessed a couple top teams competing in the sec. The atmosphere is electric.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kg4rpid9dpQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>
lol wow

Jimbo Fisher: Perception of SEC dominance is ‘brainwash’

Posted: 1:18 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 2, 2014 | Filed in: College

Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher was especially gloating about the ACC’s 4-0 record vs. SEC teams last weekend.

Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher just can’t stop talking about the SEC.

It’s a big week for the Seminoles. They only have a few days to prepare for Georgia Tech’s unique offense in Saturday’s ACC Championship. And FSU quarterback Jameis Winston had his long-delayed student conduct meeting on Tuesday.
So maybe it was a diversion tactic when Fisher went on a rant Monday against the SEC, which reeled off seven national championships in a row before the dominating streak was snapped by FSU last year.
“Perception it is driven home out there,” Fisher explained. “It’s amazing how you can brainwash somebody. “If you’re not careful in this country, you won’t think for yourself. If you listen to news all the time, they’ll tell you what to think, how to think and why you do things. That’s why you have to make your own mind up, trust your own eyes and do it.”
Fisher was especially gloating about the ACC’s 4-0 record vs. SEC teams last weekend. That included his team’s yet-another-comeback win for the Seminoles, edging out unranked Florida in the final minutes.
“I’ll say this as much as anybody: I’ve been in both leagues. I’ve been in both leagues for an extensive number of years, at the top levels of both leagues,” said Fisher, who coached 13 years as an assistant at Auburn and LSU.
“Again, the top teams in both leagues are very similar. Top to bottom, I mean, I think we stack up. But I think they’ve got a great league of football. I think the SEC is some wonderful football. But look at the records of certain divisions; I think there is a lot of parity throughout it, if you want to tell the truth about it.”

Back