Injury thread?

JohnnyGambler

Kevin Warren Fan Club Founder
Is it possible to get an injury thread going each week? Where anyone posts anything they've seen, heard, or read. Feel like it would be very helpful. I think there was something similar for Bowl season and it was extremely useful.

Saw this:

Another tidbit I failed to mention; Sparty brought back 4 of its top 5 tacklers from 2021.

--The top 2021 tackler, safety Xavier Hendersen, left the Western Mich game and was seen with brace on leg and crutches on the sideline. Tucker would not elaborate on injury or when he may return.

--The third leading tackler from 2021, LB Darius Snow, was lost for the season with an injury during the Western Michigan game.

Fresno State quarterback Jake Haener suffered a high ankle sprain when he was knocked out of the Bulldogs’ 45-17 loss Saturday night at No. 7 USC, and it is not a season-ending injury.
Haener, who was injured in the third quarter when sacked by Trojans defensive tackle Solomon Byrd, had X-rays at the stadium before returning to the Bulldogs bench on crutches later in the third quarter. “I think he caught my leg and rolled it and I heard a little pop,” Haener said, making his way off the field after the game.
“It’s tough. You can’t plan for those type of things to happen. I thought we were in the game going into halftime and then obviously the first drive of the third quarter, it’s a tough break, but you have to bounce back. I’ll be back in a few weeks hopefully and get it rolling.” The Bulldogs also lost safety Evan Williams with a knee injury, which could be more serious.

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. --- North Carolina (3-0) is getting closer to full strength. On Monday, UNC offensive coordinator Phil Longo said that both wide receivers Josh Downs and Antoine Green are practicing this week. The Tar Heels take on Notre Dame (1-2) on Saturday, Sept. 24 at 3:30 pm in Kenan Stadium.

The official word from UNC is that Downs, Green, and running back Caleb Hood will be evaluated this week and a decision on their availability for Saturday will be made closer to the game time.

Defensive lineman Myles Murphy and offensive lineman Spencer Rolland, who suffered injuries in the last two games, are fully practicing and will be available vs. the Fighting Irish.

Back