2023-24 College Football

The B16 just named their new commissioner recently, that's why there has been a delay with the future scheduling (when USC and UCLA come in).

Many rumors abound about which schools will have which protected rivalries, nothing set in stone.
Thank you for the update will be posting it in my CFB folder after it gets printed.

Thought this was a funny (and scary) note from my favorite Purdue insider.... I can't keep much of anything beyond QB, RB and the defensive front straight as far as all the turnover and it's included some key departures on the OL and a key hopeful JC addition not making grades.

Anyway, the release-and-replace game for Purdue will be a tricky one. You might look at just numbers and experience right now and hope that Ryan Walters and Co. can convince opponents to count to five Mississippi before rushing Hudson Card.

Last edited:
New rankings, post Spring Games, on ESPN have come out.

A top the rankings is Georgia.

Don't buy into the hype of FSU, they do not have the quality depth needed for when injuries take place.

Here's the link for it,

It definitely should generate fan board discussion.

Auburn lost QB to the portal and is now below average at that position. The strength of this years team comes from the defensive side of the ball. In order, the secondary, the linebackers then the defensive line is how they are ranked. Qualifying for a bowl game would be a huge success. Some places have lines out, for wins, and having them at 7.5. On that number, today I'd take the under.

Auburn lost QB to the portal and is now below average at that position. The strength of this years team comes from the defensive side of the ball. In order, the secondary, the linebackers then the defensive line is how they are ranked. Qualifying for a bowl game would be a huge success. Some places have lines out, for wins, and having them at 7.5. On that number, today I'd take the under.
AU folks think they are getting the QB from Michigan St. Thorne?

What Bryan Harsin, and in a roundabout way the boosters, did to that program would infuriate me as a fan. They torpedoed that roster at the exact time that the landscape was changing and are now way behind most schools that care about football. AU will throw a lot of $ at the problem, so they will recover somewhat. Hugh Freeze is a good recruiter, though I wonder how effective he'll be compared to his last stint in the conference, and they can put together a really solid roster taking guys from their area that UGA or Alabama don't take. And I'm sure they'll have a few recruiting wins head to head with both of those programs after being blanked the last 3 years

AU folks think they are getting the QB from Michigan St. Thorne?

What Bryan Harsin, and in a roundabout way the boosters, did to that program would infuriate me as a fan. They torpedoed that roster at the exact time that the landscape was changing and are now way behind most schools that care about football. AU will throw a lot of $ at the problem, so they will recover somewhat. Hugh Freeze is a good recruiter, though I wonder how effective he'll be compared to his last stint in the conference, and they can put together a really solid roster taking guys from their area that UGA or Alabama don't take. And I'm sure they'll have a few recruiting wins head to head with both of those programs after being blanked the last 3 years
Read that Thorne will be going there as well.

New rankings, post Spring Games, on ESPN have come out.

A top the rankings is Georgia.

Don't buy into the hype of FSU, they do not have the quality depth needed for when injuries take place.

Here's the link for it,

It definitely should generate fan board discussion.

I had to laugh at Wisconsin at 25. Never has a program who has done so little gotten so much respect. Team hangs around the rankings all the time without hardly ever beating anyone good, especially lately.

I had to laugh at Wisconsin at 25. Never has a program who has done so little gotten so much respect. Team hangs around the rankings all the time without hardly ever beating anyone good, especially lately.
Maybe this season, they'll reach double digits, in wins, and be recognized as an upper program (again). Currently when I think of this conference I think of Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State (in that order too).

I haven't started with the Big Ten yet, been doing the Florida teams, the SEC and ACC. Next up is the Big 12 for me and then the SBC.

Recently with the Spring Games, the Kentucky Derby, the MLB daily grind and the upcoming two other Triple Crown races I haven't been able to put in my normal day/night allotment (of time) towards CFB but seeing it's the furthest away on the above list, I figure, I have a little time.

That being stated, I appreciate all input/updates from others.

It's been confirmed Auburn has raided the Big Ten for some help at the QB position.

Also I just learned that an college athlete is not allowed to place ANY type of wager, even if it's a professional one. I understand the not bet on games their participating in and games involving their school but it's not difficult to get around (get a bud not on any team to open an account for you and place your wagers).

Mike Bohm, Athletic Director of Southern California, has resigned within the last hour. Scandals involving 'inappropriate' contact/touching of females in a non consensual way are atop the list. He was an important cog in getting USC to join the Big Ten.

Wait, is this actually a quote?

I mean, this is exactly what I'd expect from him, but funny if he actually came out and said it.
Now that you ask it I might have fallen for a trick....along with a co-worker whom passed it on.

Back