***Indianapolis Colts @ Kansas City Chiefs Discussion***

I started at 6 with this one and whittled it down to 4.5 as i think this will be a really tough game for KC. It’s not surprising, but everyone seems to think the teams with the byes are wounded and we’re either all right or we’re gonna get smacked as a group

IND can run a little and pass, KC has a historically bad run defense so that should help. Not sure how people feel about the IND defense, but KC will get theirs so if it’s a shootout the points will matter less. I’m not sure it falls below 4.5 or gets above 6, but I’m in no hurry as it will be IND or nothing here

I generally don't play overs in the playoffs but its not hard to see both of these teams reaching 30 or close to it.

I think 4.5 to 6 is the appropriate number for the side. Wishful thinking, I thought we might see a 7 or 7.5 which I would've been all over.

I don't know what is a key number anymore. 5 is the old 4. I played Colts +5.5 and prolly ML for in game trade later in week.

Last edited:
Like someone else said, Chiefs only defense is its pass rush. Thing is that Indy's pass protection is the best. Colts can score at will. Fuck home field advantage, what was the last meaningful game won at Arrowhead? Won't be this one.

No early thoughts other than it seems like offenses favor KC slightly and defenses favor Indy by more than a little so the points are tempting....Fat Andy usually chokes in these situations but he's never had a Mahommes before so that could change things....I think Indy's 3rd straight road game which is tough but defense travels and that's where they win if they do....took the points all weekend but may have to lay in a couple this weekend....probably NO and Rams but maybe KC and NO....lots of reading to do

Colts are the play here.

Best QB in league.
Team playing with faith

Team too young to know pressure.

Chiefs honestly I can’t even see why they would want to even take the field next weekend?

Chiefs are the bears. Same team. Coaches that can’t handle clock management.

Chiefs will lose and will be like bears hugging parkey. Parkey needed a swift kick in the ass. They all immediately consoled him. That’s a loser team. Do you think brady would be running to hug parkey?

Reich is calling a great game. Colts defense is fast and young.

Mahomes style of flukes will not work in playoffs

As I said before don’t be surprised to see a Houston like effort from the chiefs. They exceeded expectations and are built with soft guys like Sammy Watkins Andy Reid and Mahomes and Eric berry.

Colts are the better team hands down. Chiefs are smoke and mirrors

Please mark this post for next week. Everyone is overthinking this one. If you cap games based on things from 2013 or 2015 or anything but this week, you’re focusing on the wrong stuff.

This is more important than Andy Reid’s supposed struggles. The vaunted Colts D has played ONE team in the top 20 of offensive DVOA during their 10-1 run. That team was the New York Giants. Do with that what you will. And believe me. I rode this Colts team for weeks against even worse competition. This is a mismatch.

Please mark this post for next week. Everyone is overthinking this one. If you cap games based on things from 2013 or 2015 or anything but this week, you’re focusing on the wrong stuff.

This is more important than Andy Reid’s supposed struggles. The vaunted Colts D has played ONE team in the top 20 of offensive DVOA during their 10-1 run. That team was the New York Giants. Do with that what you will. And believe me. I rode this Colts team for weeks against even worse competition. This is a mismatch.

Mismatch in favour of colts

Luck vs chiefs

Mahomes vs colts ball hawks. Mismatch

Been riding Colts as well and they are nasty, amazing how tough they have gotten in the trenches. But this game just wreaks blowout to me. I was surprised at the early line, I see KC by 10. Maybe I'm crazy, just don't think this is where KC exits this year.

All well and good. If you could address the points I made though regarding the putrid offenses the Colts have faced I’d appreciate it. I’ll hang up and listen.

They played who ever is on their schedule. Colts are the hot team playing hot ball.

Colts may have played weaker teams but they blasted the Texans in a very one sided affair.

I see over As a good play. Both teams should get past 24 points.

But I think Reich and crew are playing well

Malik Hooker safety is no joke back there.

Im pulling for chiefs. Anyone but the patriots

They played who ever is on their schedule. Colts are the hot team playing hot ball.

Colts may have played weaker teams but they blasted the Texans in a very one sided affair.

I see over As a good play. Both teams should get past 24 points.

But I think Reich and crew are playing well

Malik Hooker safety is no joke back there.

Im pulling for chiefs. Anyone but the patriots
Yea you seem like a big chiefs fan.

Playing some devils advocate, of course Mahomes is better than Deshaun, but Deshaun's running/improvisation was contained. Kareem Hunt was huge loss. No way imo do Chiefs blow out Colts. They dont have the defense to accomplish that.

Can’t thank you enough for your contributions here recently. You’ve really been bringing your A-game everyday my Canadian brother.

Thank you my friend for the gracious words. To many gambling is a negative but for me it has been a source of comfort and was the catalyst for everything i achieved in my life including real estate investments from the experience analyzing odds etc

Salute to the best profession. No one can take it away from you when you can make $

Playing some devils advocate, of course Mahomes is better than Deshaun, but Deshaun's running/improvisation was contained. Kareem Hunt was huge loss. No way imo do Chiefs blow out Colts. They dont have the defense to accomplish that.

Colts are young playing with no pressure. Like a stripper with nothing to lose!

I truly think Frank Reich is an amazing coach, the Reich / Luck capability is still being underestimated

Reich was backup to Jim Kelly in the early 90’s.

He’s likely seen the evolution of the league and every spread offense possible.

No surprise here. Not sure many have as much experience and he was a qb as well.

Luck with an O LINE is like a feature stripper

Amazingly Colts are getting credit for beating the shitty Texans when almost nobody here was on houston. Now all of a sudden it’s a quality win. Tv shows Frank Reich with some gritty quotes and now he’s a top 5 coach.

It may seem like I am a homer this season. I can objectively identify a good team vs an average one. Past Chiefs teams? Extremely pessimistic. Not surprised at all they blew the lead to Tenn last year.

Overthinking

Already have the plane tickets for the following weekend.

Last edited:
I generally don't play overs in the playoffs but its not hard to see both of these teams reaching 30 or close to it.

I think 4.5 to 6 is the appropriate number for the side. Wishful thinking, I thought we might see a 7 or 7.5 which I would've been all over.

I take it back. Line should be 3.5 IMO. Colts at the present +6 has tremendous value.

Amazingly Colts are getting credit for beating the shitty Texans when almost nobody here was on houston. Now all of a sudden it’s a quality win. Tv shows Frank Reich with some gritty quotes and now he’s a top 5 coach.

It may seem like I am a homer this season. I can objectively identify a good team vs an average one. Past Chiefs teams? Extremely pessimistic. Not surprised at all they blew the lead to Tenn last year.

Overthinking it.

Now that’s some balls Sammy style. I like the confidence.

I feel +6 is high.

Chiefs could win by 3-4 easily.

Could be a one possession game.

But home field is worthless it seems

So realistically what edge does home get you?

Overthinking it.

Charge your phone Cap!

Overthinking it.

I like that you have an edge in your tone. It's a huge game, if you are tight, oh man, I know the chiefs be :)

Overthinking

You have to admit this Chiefs team is different after Hunt was let go. It's strange and they've been off a bit IMO. Still think this offense is potent and they have the ability to keep Colts off balance on all three levels, but if this game comes down to the Colts having the ball last, I'd be worried as a KC backer.

Colts gonna try and play keepaway running the ball. Indy is 2nd in weighted dvoa through week 18, no fluke there. Agree KC scores well against an average pass defense, just don’t see them getting enough stops to pull away. Last team with ball wins.

You have to admit this Chiefs team is different after Hunt was let go. It's strange and they've been off a bit IMO. Still think this offense is potent and they have the ability to keep Colts off balance on all three levels, but if this game comes down to the Colts having the ball last, I'd be worried as a KC backer.

I love how the second half of the post is completely disconnected from the first. What ties Kareem Hunt with KC‘s D?

Shocked about Mack‘s rushing numbers against a solid Houston front 7. Having Kelly back at center clearly elevates Indy‘s rushing game making its offense that much more balanced. Season ypc with/with out Kelly show this

The best offense is a good defense and vise versa. It changes field position.

I love how the second half of the post is completely disconnected from the first. What ties Kareem Hunt with KC‘s D?
I think you missed the "but" in the middle of my post.

KC's offense is good, BUT if it comes down to Indy having the ball last, I don't trust KC's defense to hold a lead.

34 ppg with Hunt. 32 without. 5 games without include Balt, LAC and Seattle.

Hunt 4.7 ypc, Williams 5.1. Hunt 2.3 rec per
Game 34 yards per game Williams 4 rec per game, 30 yards per game. TD rate almost identical.

What’s different about the Chiefs is they played 3 playoff teams back to back to back down the stretch.

The one fear I’d have as a Colts backer is potential unpreparedness for the environment at Arrowhead. The closest comp they’ve faced in terms of road crowd since they went on their run is at Oakland in late October and that’s not quite as hostile either. Luck, Kelly and the rest of the offensive line are going to have to come prepared for silent cadence / tempo to avoid late play clock situations. If anything it helps an over bet due to volume of plays.

34 ppg with Hunt. 32 without. 5 games without include Balt, LAC and Seattle.

Hunt 4.7 ypc, Williams 5.1. Hunt 2.3 rec per
Game 34 yards per game Williams 4 rec per game, 30 yards per game. TD rate almost identical.

What’s different about the Chiefs is they played 3 playoff teams back to back to back down the stretch.
good points, especially the bolded one.

Back