If Miss st + Bama lose and Missouri wins SEC title game, does SEC get in?

Did she not hold a position at Stanford within the athletic department? ...and she grew up a Bama fan, so she is perfect.

I wonder if she has to recuse herself when the committee is discussing Alabama? I know she isn't employed by the university, but she is an admitted fan and I think she may have some honorary degree from there. I know I've seen her honored before a game a few years ago

Believe me when I say,she must really be a big name political figure if I have heard of her.
I just curious why she was there,as in... she was a AD or something in the past.

Lol at Tyrone Willingham being on it, you talk about letting people on the board who don't what they are looking at when watching game tape...

I wonder if she has to recuse herself when the committee is discussing Alabama? I know she isn't employed by the university, but she is an admitted fan and I think she may have some honorary degree from there. I know I've seen her honored before a game a few years ago

I highly doubt it it...all of these people are probably fans of one team. Barry Alvarez has more allegiance to Wisconsin then Condi has to Bama

Phil Steele has been on ESPN so much this year maybe he is angling for a future spot. Like Phil or not, I'd rather have somebody on the committee who actually makes his own PR let alone know what a PR is.

Condi will probably have Stanford ranked this week.

But seriously that is just the thing. Stanford still has a pretty outstanding defense. Just because they are 7-5 and don't have a ranking number next to their name doesn't mean that Oregon beating them 45-16 isn't worth some value in evaluating the Ducks. It is. I still think Stanford is a quality win for the teams that have beaten them. Hopefully these people know more beyond who the teams have beat in the top 25.

Rice + Osborne, and these people

• Barry Alvarez, athletic director, Wisconsin
• Lt. Gen. Mike Gould, former superintendent of the United States Air Force Academy
• Pat Haden, athletic director, Southern California
• Tom Jernstedt, former NCAA executive vice president
• Oliver Luck, athletic director, West Virginia
• Dan Radakovich, athletic director, Clemson
• Steve Wieberg, former college football reporter, USA Today
• Tyrone Willingham, former head coach of Notre Dame, Stanford and Washington
• Mike Tranghese, former commissioner of the Big East Conference.

Mike Gould and Condi seem to be two names they just threw on the board to possibly give it more legitimacy

I second having someone like Phil Steele on the committee. I'd be good with some linesmaker being on there.

Agree on Stanford. If they're going to qualifying wins and losses, either end the ranking at 4, or extend it to 50 or something. What's the difference in beating the #24 team and #29? Not a whole lot

Can you image the mind fuck a guy like Phil Steele would have for these people on the committee talking about "my #4 defense and my #3 special teams, my #4 OL, etc. They'd be like, ok, you're off the committee.

[h=2]LIEUTENANT GENERAL MIKE GOULD[/h][h=3]Former Superintendent Of The United States Air Force Academy[/h]

• Former Superintendent of U.S. Air Force Academy.
  • Retired three-star general and highly decorated Air Force officer.
  • Former Air Force aide to the President of the United States.
  • Command pilot with 3261 flying hours.

MORE
<aside id="MEMBER-SLUG-MORE3" class="committee-member-more-details in" style="box-sizing: border-box; padding-left: 25px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'open sans', 'lucida grande', sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 20px; height: auto;">[h=4]Current Occupation:[/h]
  • Speaker and consultant.
[h=4]Career Highlights:[/h]
  • Superintendent of U.S. Air Force Academy (2009-2013).
  • Chairman, Mountain West Conference Board of Directors (2010).
  • Director, operations and plans, U.S. Transportation Command, Scott AFB (2008-2009).
  • Commander, 2nd Air Force, Keesler AFB (2005-2008).
  • Senator Ted Stevens Leadership Award, USAF’s Top NAF Commander (2007).
  • Deputy Commander, 3rd Air Force, Royal Air Force, Mildenhall, England (2004-2005).
  • Commander, Cheyenne Mountain Operations Center (2000-2002).
  • Commander, 97 Mobility Wing, Altus AFB, OK (1998-2000).
  • Senior military assistant to the Secretary of the Air Force (1996-1998).
  • Commander, 22 Air Refueling Wing, McConnell AFB, KS (1997-1998).
  • Commander, 97 Operations Group, McGuire AFB, NJ (1995-1996).
  • Air Force aide to the President (1990-1992).
  • Ten Outstanding Young Men of America (1985).
  • Physical education instructor, assistant men’s golf coach, head prep-school football coach and T-41 instructor pilot at the U.S. Air Force Academy (1981-1985).
  • Assistant football coach, U.S. Air Force Academy (1976-1977).
  • 3-time football letterman for U.S. Air Force Academy (1973, 1975, 1976).
  • Distinguished Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters.
  • Defense Superior Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters.
  • Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster.
  • Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster.
  • Air Force Commendation Medal.
  • Air Force Achievement Medal.
  • Global War on Terrorism Service Medal.
[h=4]Education:[/h]
  • Bachelor’s degree in behavioral science, U.S. Air Force Academy (1976).
  • Master’s degree in human resource development, Webster University (1986).
</aside>

[h=2]LIEUTENANT GENERAL MIKE GOULD[/h][h=3]Former Superintendent Of The United States Air Force Academy[/h]

• Former Superintendent of U.S. Air Force Academy.
  • Retired three-star general and highly decorated Air Force officer.
  • Former Air Force aide to the President of the United States.
  • Command pilot with 3261 flying hours.

MORE
<aside id="MEMBER-SLUG-MORE3" class="committee-member-more-details in" style="box-sizing: border-box; padding-left: 25px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'open sans', 'lucida grande', sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 20px; height: auto;">[h=4]Current Occupation:[/h]
  • Speaker and consultant.
[h=4]Career Highlights:[/h]
  • Superintendent of U.S. Air Force Academy (2009-2013).
  • Chairman, Mountain West Conference Board of Directors (2010).
  • Director, operations and plans, U.S. Transportation Command, Scott AFB (2008-2009).
  • Commander, 2nd Air Force, Keesler AFB (2005-2008).
  • Senator Ted Stevens Leadership Award, USAF’s Top NAF Commander (2007).
  • Deputy Commander, 3rd Air Force, Royal Air Force, Mildenhall, England (2004-2005).
  • Commander, Cheyenne Mountain Operations Center (2000-2002).
  • Commander, 97 Mobility Wing, Altus AFB, OK (1998-2000).
  • Senior military assistant to the Secretary of the Air Force (1996-1998).
  • Commander, 22 Air Refueling Wing, McConnell AFB, KS (1997-1998).
  • Commander, 97 Operations Group, McGuire AFB, NJ (1995-1996).
  • Air Force aide to the President (1990-1992).
  • Ten Outstanding Young Men of America (1985).
  • Physical education instructor, assistant men’s golf coach, head prep-school football coach and T-41 instructor pilot at the U.S. Air Force Academy (1981-1985).
  • Assistant football coach, U.S. Air Force Academy (1976-1977).
  • 3-time football letterman for U.S. Air Force Academy (1973, 1975, 1976).
  • Distinguished Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters.
  • Defense Superior Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters.
  • Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster.
  • Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster.
  • Air Force Commendation Medal.
  • Air Force Achievement Medal.
  • Global War on Terrorism Service Medal.
[h=4]Education:[/h]
  • Bachelor’s degree in behavioral science, U.S. Air Force Academy (1976).
  • Master’s degree in human resource development, Webster University (1986).
</aside>

Mike went from the assistant foot ball coach to being the assistant golf coach....i guess he just knows t he right people to get on this thing

It was interesting pre season I never read or heard any debate who was on "the committee" .
There shouldnt be any current AD on there,it could of been/is a conflict of interest

who the hell is Mike Gould
He was over the AF Academy during one of the biggest sexual assault cases to hit the entire military. Turned a blind eye to it and was eventually forced to step down. Threw his rank around to get OSI kicked off campus. Not really the AF's proudest moments considering the "integrity first" is a core value.

The AD people have to "leave the room" if their team is ever involved in any discussions. Or some BS like that.

Really, these people, and everyone in the media really, just hated the fact that the computers would influence the matchups. They reduced the computers roll in the old BCS so the human polls would have more weight. Then they took out margin of victory. They took out strength of schedule. It has all built to this, where a select group of people get to handpick the matchups for whatever reasons they seem fit (or whomever is talking in their ear sees fit I suppose).

Personally I loved the BCS with the 6 computers ranking the teams. They cried to high heaven about the computers having bias. As if human's don't. We'll see how that works out next week.

I think when Pat Haden went on the field and agrued with officials during a game, it told you what you needed to know

The AD people have to "leave the room" if their team is ever involved in any discussions. Or some BS like that.

Really, these people, and everyone in the media really, just hated the fact that the computers would influence the matchups. They reduced the computers roll in the old BCS so the human polls would have more weight. Then they took out margin of victory. They took out strength of schedule. It has all built to this, where a select group of people get to handpick the matchups for whatever reasons they seem fit (or whomever is talking in their ear sees fit I suppose).

Personally I loved the BCS with the 6 computers ranking the teams. They cried to high heaven about the computers having bias. As if human's don't. We'll see how that works out next week.
I can see that,taking the PCs away.
In some preseason rankings I saw had Clemson @ 13,so it wouldnt be a stretch for them to be there at season end,to have their AD on the team,nope,cant be right,even if they have to leave the room :)

Good discussion ,thanks for answering my Qs lads :cheers3:

All votes will be by secret ballot.

Read that on the last line here: http://www.collegefootballplayoff.com/selection-committee-protocol

I don't respect anyone who isn't willing to say why or how they came to their decisions.

Remember how much pressure there was on the coaches poll to release their votes until they had them release their final rankings to give transparency? These people apparently don't want to be individually questioned or asked to justify their rankings to the public.

Rice + Osborne, and these people

• Barry Alvarez, athletic director, Wisconsin
• Lt. Gen. Mike Gould, former superintendent of the United States Air Force Academy
• Pat Haden, athletic director, Southern California
• Tom Jernstedt, former NCAA executive vice president
• Oliver Luck, athletic director, West Virginia
• Dan Radakovich, athletic director, Clemson
• Steve Wieberg, former college football reporter, USA Today
• Tyrone Willingham, former head coach of Notre Dame, Stanford and Washington
• Mike Tranghese, former commissioner of the Big East Conference.

Don't forget Jeff Long.

Just kind of off-the-cuff:

So we might assume that Osbourne and Alvarez are going to push for Big Ten team's inclusion.

ACC, SEC, Big XII would appear to get one "homer" seat at the table.

By push and homer, I mean they rank the best 6 in no order. The teams appearing on the most ballots will make up the 6 that then get ranked 1-6. And then those numbers get added up. So say Alabama is #1 on 10 polls and #2 on the other 2 then they get 14 pts. Fewest points equal highest ultimate rank.

If a member wants to favorably impact their conference's team they can vote Ohio St #3 for instance in order to help their eventual point total and ultimate rank.

And everything is secret ballot. So if somebody is putting Ohio St #3, they'll know that somebody has done it, but won't know who and we'll never know.

The committee chair was asked point blank this week if Alabama was a unanimous #1 on everyone's ballot and he wouldn't answer the question directly.

Missouri 17th right now .. .they just beat a .500 football team and will suddenly jump into top ten .. .. just book that.

interesting fact-- Indiana is winless in BigTen, but beat the SEC East champion handily on the road... How about them apples.... BigTen>SEC :rugby:

problem is Mizzou.....which if Mizzou wins, I say doesnt get in...

BUT

should Bama lose here and beat Mizzou.....

If Bama gets by (like FSU has been doing, on a weekend the ACC swept), I want to hear the committee justify leaving them #1.
they will

it will be easy as they ranked Aubbie 15

not being a dick, but that easy they will say

at some point do they keep playing forensic CFB scheduling?

If that is the case, Arkansas played the hardest schedule ever......whether i, me or we agree

SO...the people have always looked at when they played as to what they showed late right?

Meaning when you played the team and the rank, to where they finished....with the time of the rank being the stronger(dumb if so maybe but it seems that way)...but IDK

but who knows

Anyone attend the Iron Bowl that can confirm the student section chanting "Lutzie is dead"? Have some FB friends up in arms. Could be starting shit, but if true. Really??? Keep it classy Ramma Jamma.

Anyone attend the Iron Bowl that can confirm the student section chanting "Lutzie is dead"? Have some FB friends up in arms. Could be starting shit, but if true. Really??? Keep it classy Ramma Jamma.

Was at game. Not true

and there also seems to be like a general "hate the SEC brethren"......people pull against the whole conference

almost the exact thing "some" have accused SEC folks for doing..

I would be pulling for Bama if most of my friends weren't Mizzou fans and I'll be watching the game with them (still pretty much hope Bama wins), think they're at least a top 4 although I think TCU is as well.

How many "SEC fans" will be pulling for Arizona, Ga Tech, etc just because they don't want the best 4 teams in there?

Back